Author Topic: Negativity on RAWK  (Read 33507 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Negativity on RAWK
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:53:44 pm »
Some people will ignore this post and just whinge underneath about fans 'defending the team/management/players at all costs' or 'blind faith'.

Some people will make stupid comments about overprotective moderation and 'stifling debate', which in reality is the complete opposite of what it's after.

Some people might read it and have a think. Who knows?

Firstly... we played badly today. I won't deny it. We were poor as a team and a few individuals had exceptionally bad games, not for the first time this season. And there may be cause for some concern.

BUT.

Going into the post-match threads at the moment is increasingly pointless. It's never been a great bastion of sense but this season it seems to have gotten worse - perhaps last season's positivity kept certain posters at bay and sufficiently cheered others up, but the whinging is back with a vengeance in 2014/2015. It reminds me of the old match threads. They were awful in the end, and have since been replaced by commentary which I think is preferable. However, it seems from time to time that people store up bile from 45 minutes and explode in a keyboard-frenzy mess at the interval and after 90 minutes are up instead. Not sure if this is any better, but I suppose at least for the sake of sanity it's a bit easier to moderate.

The main reaction to today's win should be happiness. You support a team, it wins, you should be happy. I jumped off the sofa when Coutinho scored, swore loudly when they pulled it back to 2 each and then went crazy at the end when we snatched it. Maybe people will feel a bit sheepish too, it was a win that was barely deserved (as has been acknowledged by our manager and our captain) but that happens sometimes. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat should be savoured. I look back at those 4-3 wins over Newcastle in the 90s and wonder if people watching back then would have come away thinking "we should never have let a three goal lead slip in the first place" or "our defending was atrocious, it's not good enough" etc.

A lot of fans seem to have forgotten that football is to be enjoyed and not endured however badly we play. We scored three perfectly decent goals, this wasn't a case of a dive to win a penalty or someone punching the ball into the net deliberately. Not something where you should feel a bit embarrassed.  God knows how some people here would cope if they supported Burnley, Sunderland or some other team not competing in the top half of the table regularly. I can only suppose they would have hurled themself off a bridge by now if their expectations weren't met.

Negativity has already, rightly, also seen player threads locked and will eventually see post match and half time topics binned too IMO because people in the internet generation can't help themselves but vent their opinions, whether they are well thought out (or not), or worth sharing. The anger and depression on here seems to be the Yin to last year's Yang but it lacks perspective on a spectacular scale. Teams performing poorly need support rather than derision. Thank f*ck some of the posters here don't go to games very often. Reminds me of a guy at the Fulham away last year who was berating Toure after that comical own goal. Rightly, he got told to sit down, shut up and support the team.

This doesn't mean people shouldn't criticize poor performances, poor form or poor decisions. It's about the nature of proper debate and criticism being constructive and thought out, rather than kneejerk. Some people seem happier to have something to complain about and post far more when we're playing badly which is just bizarre. Some people have the same agendas and it stifles good writing and decent debate. Good posters have left the site recently because of abuse and negativity and they won't be the last.

These things go through fazes as the team performs better or worse, but I worry for the health of posters who seem to take greater pleasure in picking the bones of a poor performance than celebrating a win. Get. Some. Perspective. Maybe it was better when we couldn't watch every minute of every game on streams so that everyone could constantly analyse every aspect of every performance until it took all the fun out of supporting a team?

We nearly won the league last year! We're playing Real Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday night... Cheer the f*ck up!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:00:16 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Negativity on RAWK
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:56:59 pm »
Spot on JK.

Genuinely feels like some were just waiting for us to do badly so they could stick the knife in. Some of the posts in the recycle bin about Rodgers are unbelievable.

We won.

It's still early in the season.

We have players still bedding in. Don't write anyone off yet, anyone.

We have an excellent manager and some great players.

Stop moaning.

Offline MazzaKopter

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »
Finally some sense great thread its really annoys me that our fans are so cocky they actually wont celebrate a win becuse of a performance. Celebrate it and move onto the next match not whinge about Liverpool having the audacity to win a game they played poorly in.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 05:57:31 pm »
Absolutely spot on.  Thanks JK for this post.

I was going to start a thread but your brilliant OP does the job.

I really cannot understand why so many people's first reaction was to criticize the players and Rodgers.

We've just won an away match against a desperate team in the most exhilarating fashion possible and the first thought is to moan?

Cheer up and celebrate!  I went as nuts for our second and third goals as I did for our 3 goals against City last year. 

It's Liverpool Football Club.  It's your favorite club in the world.  They've just won a match.  Please enjoy it!

I dream of LFC scoring late winners and going mad celebrating them.  Even if the performance wasn't great, so what?

We won with a late goal.  It should be an amazing feeling, not a launchpad for immediately talking about "selling Lovren and Balotelli for 20 quid."
King Kenny.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »

Give negativity a face
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 06:01:03 pm »
I said as much in the post game thread

I honestly don't know why so many people are jumping on the "we were awful again" bandwagon. With the way some of you are going on you'd swear we went from being title challengers to a pub team over night. By the way, in case some of you have forgotten, there were plenty of games last season where we completely underperformed and stole 3 points undeservedly. Its not like we've suddenly ventured into completely unknown waters. As brilliant as we were in the last quarter of last season, we did have bad days at the office during the overall campaign.

Granted we've not had the brightest of starts, but we're not even a quarter of the way into this season. We're only 4 points worse off now than we were after 8 games last season. Just 4. And Sturridge still has to return. You know? The guy who scored 22 league goals last season? If we can get Sturridge back in the side with Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana around him then we will start scoring fuck loads again. We will be the highest scoring team in the league again this season. No doubt in my mind about that
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 06:02:56 pm »
I think the same thread could be made with

"Aggression on RAWK" too.

Some angry angry folk today.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 06:04:14 pm »
I said as much in the post game thread

I honestly don't know why so many people are jumping on the "we were awful again" bandwagon. With the way some of you are going on you'd swear we went from being title challengers to a pub team over night. By the way, in case some of you have forgotten, there were plenty of games last season where we completely underperformed and stole 3 points undeservedly. Its not like we've suddenly ventured into completely unknown waters. As brilliant as we were in the last quarter of last season, we did have bad days at the office during the overall campaign.

Granted we've not had the brightest of starts, but we're not even a quarter of the way into this season. We're only 4 points worse off now than we were after 8 games last season. Just 4. And Sturridge still has to return. You know? The guy who scored 22 league goals last season? If we can get Sturridge back in the side with Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana around him then we will start scoring fuck loads again. We will be the highest scoring team in the league again this season. No doubt in my mind about that

Bolded especially for that part.  We had serious doubters on this forum after some of the matches against Swansea (A), Hull (A), Villa (H), etc.  In addition, we weren't exactly brilliant in some of the victories against Stoke (A), Fulham (A), Swansea (H), Villa (A) etc.

The mark of a great team is one that can grind out results whilst playing below full potential.  Give the team time.  We're still in very good shape despite the injuries and all the new players settling in.
King Kenny.

Offline Humperdinck

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 06:07:12 pm »
Theres plenty to be negative about with some of our players but christ, some just love to whine and write the team/players off.

It wasn't even a year ago that Sterling wouldnt even make it as a premier league player according to some on here now look, we also had "no chance of 4th" type comments after Hull and even Villa which was in what January?! Then look what happened.

Today it's a competition to see who can predict the highest defeat v Real. Them people will revel in it if it happens and if we draw or win? Wont post.

It's pretty clear football brings some people much more misery than any sort of joy/fun which begs the question why the hell do you not cut it out of your life?

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 06:07:59 pm »
We were awful, but I am beginning to think some people just can't be happy no matter what. If we lose people moan which is understandable, but if we win yet play badly people still moan. Even when we win through a last minute goal despite playing badly there are still people who can't take pleasure in that for even 5 minutes and harp on all the poor performances. Surely the sheer drama of what just happened should be savored, after all how often do last minute winners happen?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »
Good post mate.

If your at the match and that last goal goes in and we win you celebrate ,you still do so all the way out of the ground ,all the way home probably as well, then after the elation has subsided you then start to think about the game/performance.

On here people launch into negative bile literally only a whole minute after or however long it takes the post match thread to be made. Now I know the adrenaline of a finish like that isn't the same watching it at home as it is by being at the match but fuck me how can people be anything but happy for at least a hour after what they've just seen and the fact we got 3 points.

The mind boggles.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »
While one cannot ask such a person to change his/her mind set but one can certainly be asked to express his/her self properly. If you want to criticize a player's performance do it with dignity, he is a Liverpool FC player after all. If you want to talk about our team's weaknesses then do it in a constructive manner which would enhance the discussion, but it all starts with "so an so player was shit" "he is shit" "the team is this, the team is that"...

What needs to be done is to make people understand that if they cannot put in the effort needed to have a constructive argument then they cannot just come in here and type "shit" all the time and criticize those who are actually trying to honestly give their opinion without actually hurting anyone's sentiments.

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 06:11:17 pm »
I agree with the sentiment, and there is a lot of posters going completely over the top, but there is a lot of posters who will jump on any criticism of any part of the club at any point and call out the poster of that criticism as a knee-jerker or someone very negative. This is a discussion forum, if it becomes a place where any criticism is brushed under the carpet it quickly becomes a pointless circlejerk where even the most obvious short comings of the club cannot be discussed.

I reacted the same way you did to the goals towards the end, but I also feel the performance should be discussed. Carragher, Gerrard and Rodgers all felt the performance was very weak, if they can discuss that in the national media why can't we on this forum?

That being said, a lot of posts are just negative, contain nothing constructive and doesn't bring anything to a discussion and I suspect you are really referencing these posts rather than posts made of just vitriol and negativity.

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 06:11:25 pm »
Spot on indeed, JK. It's still early on in the league, we got 3 needed points and we're currently 5th, 4 points off 2nd (9 points off 1st, but we'll gain on them you'll see ;)). On Wednesday we play Madrid, and I say we'll give them one hell of a fight if they think they'll win it easily! Let the moaners give up already if they want, I can categorically (no pun intended haha) tell you I won't!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 06:14:21 pm »
I'm not negative, I'm just personally very depressed with the team, considering that the team were a joy to watch last season, in a position of real strength, and IMO the acquisitions have thusfar (Moreno aside) failed to deliver, I wouldn#t needlessly bash the team or the club, but I feel I'm justified in criticising any poor performance.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 06:14:37 pm »
If you weren't absolutely buzzing at the end of the game today then honestly just quit watching the sport, you'll never get joy out of it.

Point out flaws sure, but it seems like some at the final whistle the first reaction was one of anger and disgust
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 06:17:30 pm »
Some people will ignore this post and just whinge underneath about fans 'defending the team/management/players at all costs' or 'blind faith'.

Some people will make stupid comments about overprotective moderation and 'stifling debate', which in reality is the complete opposite of what it's after.

Some people might read it and have a think. Who knows?

Firstly... we played badly today. I won't deny it. We were poor as a team and a few individuals had exceptionally bad games, not for the first time this season. And there may be cause for some concern.

BUT.

Going into the post-match threads at the moment is increasingly pointless. It's never been a great bastion of sense but this season it seems to have gotten worse - perhaps last season's positivity kept certain posters at bay and sufficiently cheered others up, but the whinging is back with a vengeance in 2014/2015. It reminds me of the old match threads. They were awful in the end, and have since been replaced by commentary which I think is preferable. However, it seems from time to time that people store up bile from 45 minutes and explode in a keyboard-frenzy mess at the interval and after 90 minutes are up instead. Not sure if this is any better, but I suppose at least for the sake of sanity it's a bit easier to moderate.

The main reaction to today's win should be happiness. You support a team, it wins, you should be happy. I jumped off the sofa when Coutinho scored, swore loudly when they pulled it back to 2 each and then went crazy at the end when we snatched it. Maybe people will feel a bit sheepish too, it was a win that was barely deserved (as has been acknowledged by our manager and our captain) but that happens sometimes. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat should be savoured. I look back at those 4-3 wins over Newcastle in the 90s and wonder if people watching back then would have come away thinking "we should never have let a three goal lead slip in the first place" or "our defending was atrocious, it's not good enough" etc.

A lot of fans seem to have forgotten that football is to be enjoyed and not endured however badly we play. We scored three perfectly decent goals, this wasn't a case of a dive to win a penalty or someone punching the ball into the net deliberately. Not something where you should feel a bit embarrassed.  God knows how some people here would cope if they supported Burnley, Sunderland or some other team not competing in the top half of the table regularly. I can only suppose they would have hurled themself off a bridge by now if their expectations weren't met.

Negativity has already, rightly, also seen player threads locked and will eventually see post match and half time topics binned too IMO because people in the internet generation can't help themselves but vent their opinions, whether they are well thought out (or not), or worth sharing. The anger and depression on here seems to be the Yin to last year's Yang but it lacks perspective on a spectacular scale. Teams performing poorly need support rather than derision. Thank f*ck some of the posters here don't go to games very often. Reminds me of a guy at the Fulham away last year who was berating Toure after that comical own goal. Rightly, he got told to sit down, shut up and support the team.

This doesn't mean people shouldn't criticize poor performances, poor form or poor decisions. It's about the nature of proper debate and criticism being constructive and thought out, rather than kneejerk. Some people seem happier to have something to complain about and post far more when we're playing badly which is just bizarre. Some people have the same agendas and it stifles good writing and decent debate. Good posters have left the site recently because of abuse and negativity and they won't be the last.

These things go through fazes as the team performs better or worse, but I worry for the health of posters who seem to take greater pleasure in picking the bones of a poor performance than celebrating a win. Get. Some. Perspective. Maybe it was better when we couldn't watch every minute of every game on streams so that everyone could constantly analyse every aspect of every performance until it took all the fun out of supporting a team?

We nearly won the league last year! We're playing Real Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday night... Cheer the f*ck up!

Bravo sir, what a post. :wellin

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 06:22:45 pm »
Great post Jersey!

Problem is as you allude to, it is not even this game. Yeah, we have not been great to start off the season, but because of that, everything is under fire!

Tactics, Transfers, Old Players, New Players, Office branches, FSG and even Rodgers. It is definitely the worst I've seen in my small 4+ years (lurking+membership). All player threads closed? Crazy!

This is despite how as a club overall, things have never looked more promising than since our glory days.

Too many spoiled posters and bandwagon fans from last season not realizing the impact of losing our two best strikers, a defense that still is being dropped and chopped, and gelling the new recruits.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 06:22:47 pm »
I'm not negative, I'm just personally very depressed with the team, considering that the team were a joy to watch last season, in a position of real strength, and IMO the acquisitions have thusfar (Moreno aside) failed to deliver, I wouldn#t needlessly bash the team or the club, but I feel I'm justified in criticising any poor performance.

How you criticize is the point here and certainly criticism of any sort would attract more attention as people would want to know why you are doing it and whether or not you have enough reason to back it up and when you or anyone else cannot back it up then he/she is looked down upon by others because the criticism isn't bringing anything constructive to the discussion.

Maybe people  should wait for a while to let the issue to cool down and then post their views about the game, not as soon as the final whistle is blown you take your sword and login to RAWK and start stabbing everyone who was bad during the match. Give some time cool down and then .... "criticize".
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:25:47 pm by Latenight Surfer »

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 06:23:14 pm »
Spot on JK.

Genuinely feels like some were just waiting for us to do badly so they could stick the knife in. Some of the posts in the recycle bin about Rodgers are unbelievable.

We won.

It's still early in the season.

We have players still bedding in. Don't write anyone off yet, anyone.

We have an excellent manager and some great players.

Stop moaning.

You hide your disappointment well, fella.  ;)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 06:23:50 pm »
Good post, most of RAWK is increasingly becoming a fucking horrible place to be (and that's no slight on RAWK itself).

We just won a game in the last minute, in the past that would of made my week no matter what the result, you read a handful of posts on here and it just takes away from that. It's ridiculous.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 06:25:06 pm »
Some absolute muppets on RAWK these days

Me I haven't stopped smiling since that last goal went in
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 06:26:08 pm »

You need to be more patient and understand there is going to be a few ups and downs until everbody is fit and the new players have settled in. We weren't that great last season up until the spurs game and then it just sort of clicked and we nearly won the league. Keep the faith and back the side because they need it more then ever when they go through periods like this.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 06:26:24 pm »
Fantastic post mate.

I berated Toure at Fulham Away as well but no-one spoke to me! Was just frustration really as it's out of character for me!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 06:26:41 pm »
That being said, a lot of posts are just negative, contain nothing constructive and doesn't bring anything to a discussion and I suspect you are really referencing these posts rather than posts made of just vitriol and negativity.

I absolutely do not think that everyone should have the same opinion, and you are absolutely correct that this is a discussion forum and people should be free to express themselves. We agree though that criticism should be measured and thought out rather than vitriolic or unpleasant. This isn't KopTalk ;D

You only have to go back 2 or three years to Hodgson/H+G to see that the ownership, players and management are not above criticism. This site was heavily involved in protest and was even involved in a boycott of club merchandise. I was just hoping that people who had experienced such sh*te times when the club and team were so ineptly managed, to the extent that the future of the club was threatened, could get a sense of perspective now.

This isn't the first time either, in the latter days of the Rafa regime there was a lot of dirge posted about him that made the site unpleasant to visit at times, all this of a man who'd won us a Champions League, an FA Cup and (until last season) took us the closest we'd come to winning a title in about 20 years. Does that mean that 2009/2010 was beyond criticism? No, but the level of bile was atrocious and I'd hate to see us go down that path again.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:29:14 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 06:26:42 pm »
To be fair it wouldn't of mattered if we won 5-0 today, the same people would still complain and be negative on these forums, shame to be honest as it just drowns out the intelligent posts that some people write.  :(

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 06:27:26 pm »
Nah, it's not an issue of posters. There will always be all kinds of views on any one issue. The only educator to shape a calmer, more precise man or woman is life itself. That takes years of tangible experience that personally affects fortunes. Not a bunch of well-meaning / self important / ... lads on a forum.

You can play it 2 ways. It can be a place where anyone is free to state their views, abuse gets banning, then watch what transpires. Chances are, you'll end up with a place with a lot of moaning, some uberpositive psychos, some fucks who spend most of their posts muttering 'this RAWK, this poster, that troll' and a good number of sensible, calm lads. That's not uncommon, I think that's the most repetitive pattern you'll see when you get a bunch of people together, that's life.

Another way is you try to control the end product - can't discuss this, can't post that. A certain level of this is required to keep control, but where you draw the line is a fine balance.

But the key question for me is, if a guy has a certain view on things that jars a lot with yours, what is stopping you from just skipping it and going to the next message. Saying no, this player was in this position, you've got it wrong etc is discussion. Telling a guy to get a backbone, blah blah blah that's just pointless talk and does nothing, usually an indulgence for bossy darlings who can't get their kicks in life itself. You don't like a guy's attitude to life, his personal take on things, let it go. The highlighting of :THIS IS HOW YOU MUST APPROACH A GAME / CHALLENGE / LIFE (when we know sweet fuck all about how successful or a failure you are where it matters) is as much a problem, hell sometimes a bigger one than the negative posts.

Offline Melron

• Kemlynite
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 06:28:27 pm »
Not played well this season apart from the Spurs game and only 4 points behind the defending champions!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 06:29:36 pm »
Didn't Carragher come out on Sky and say the performance was awful? Did Gerrard not come out and say we were poor and should really have lost? Okay a win's a win and all that but anyone connected with the club will not be at all happy with the way we played today and manager and captain have come out and said so. We need to be realistic.

You'll take any win away from home in the league but you can only improve from that performance today.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 06:29:49 pm »
I agree with the general jist but people should be free to express their feelings and if they are a bit disappointed then let them freely post in said threads.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 06:30:45 pm »
Not played well this season apart from the Spurs game and only 4 points behind the defending champions!

Welcome to RAWK.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 06:31:56 pm »
I agree with the general jist but people should be free to express their feelings and if they are a bit disappointed then let them freely post in said threads.

My girlfriend left me she is a bitch, just like our defense.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 06:33:10 pm »
My girlfriend left me she is a bitch, just like our defense.
I'm glad you can air such feelings Latenight Surfer.

Our defence is laughable and people should be able to air such opinions without being reprimanded.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 06:33:47 pm »
Brilliant OP and I agree with every word. I think the main factor is that people expected us to carry straight on from last seasons form. We played so well last season, that this season, even in its early stages, feels underwhelming.

Does not excuse the negativity, though.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 06:34:21 pm »
But the key question for me is, if a guy has a certain view on things that jars a lot with yours, what is stopping you from just skipping it and going to the next message. Saying no, this player was in this position, you've got it wrong etc is discussion.

See I just think this is a bit naive.

If you're in a group of people in the pub and someone is sitting there droning on, and on, and on, moaning, negative rubbish it's impossible to 'just ignore'. You hear it because he's said it, and he won't change his opinion even if you present him with logical argument and reasoned debate. Does it matter that he won't change his opinion? No, everyone is entitled to their own. What matters is he is not remotely OPEN to changing his opinion and doesn't give two sh*ts what you say. Paul Merson said X, Adrian Chiles said Y, my opinion is Z and I won't change it for love nor money. Then debate becomes futile.

You can't ignore it either, it's there prodding your brain. Once you've read it, you've read it. I'm willing to bet if you were having a chat with a mate about a game and someone was sat next to you going on and on about how cr*p we were it would annoy you, particularly if the same guy was doing it in the same way, saying the same thing, every week.

I'm glad you can air such feelings Latenight Surfer.

Our defence is laughable and people should be able to air such opinions without being reprimanded.

I never said people should be reprimanded for sharing their opinions, I said that the site is dragged into bitter and acrimonious whinging when certain posters can take no joy whatsoever from the positive side of football and their opinions are "we r shit Enrique shud be put down" rather than actually discussing what went wrong.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:36:34 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 06:35:08 pm »
Great opening post, it needed to be said sadly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2014, 06:35:25 pm »
Worra prick
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »

But nobody is allowed to express those concerns because that would come under the category of a 'negative post'?

I just posted the following in the post match thread but it's relevant here so I'll repost...

What's the problem exactly? We were bad today. To admit that doesn't mean you're not delighted with the three points!

Wouldn't it be nice if on a day when Jamie Carragher said Liverpool were awful, when Steven Gerrard said he'd have had no complaints if we'd have come away with nothing, when Brendan Rodgers said QPR didn't deserve to lose and when anyone with half a brain knows we were lucky to win today, people could speak their minds on a fan forum without being told off for it? It's genuinely laughable, it's like the 'overly positive police' are out clamping down on posts that aren't positive enough.

This!

EDIT: In case of the 'you're a negative poster' backlash, I've been extremely positive after today. I'm buzzing with the result (as is everyone) but I think the treatment of some users who've simply expressed their concerns is rather unfair.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:37:57 pm by Paragon »
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »
Think it stems from the highs of last season, not just league finish but performance to what we've seen so far this season and the fact we lost one of the best.

Well done if your rational like, unfortunately not everybody is and so they vent on RAWK. It's an outlet for a lot of people.

What is negativity? "I'm made up we got the three points but we played bad didn't we, not looked to good this season, bit worried like"

Is that negative? Or just an honest opinion?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:39:12 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »
I absolutely do not think that everyone should have the same opinion, and you are absolutely correct that this is a discussion forum and people should be free to express themselves. We agree though that criticism should be measured and thought out rather than vitriolic or unpleasant. This isn't KopTalk ;D

You only have to go back 2 or three years to Hodgson/H+G to see that the ownership, players and management are not above criticism. This site was heavily involved in protest and was even involved in a boycott of club merchandise. I was just hoping that people who had experienced such sh*te times when the club and team were so ineptly managed, to the extent that the future of the club was threatened, could get a sense of perspective now.

Yeah I suspected that's that you meant. :) And you are right, it's not long ago we could have been in administration and to come from that to where we are now in such a short space of time is amazing.

I understand why people are negative now if you compare the start of this season to the highs of last season, and I have those same feelings during the match myself (Why some of our support seems to actually genuinely be dissapointed that we won I will never understand though). I think the suggestion of one of the above posters to not post anything for a few minutes after a match is sensible in order to get away from those extreme high and low feelings, and is something I normally try to do myself when I am very low after a game.