Author Topic: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)  (Read 418181 times)

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
Re: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)
« Reply #3960 on: October 23, 2014, 05:45:21 pm »
2 STH's in front of us in 305, utter fucking bellends. Scousers thinking they own the joint.

Another STH in the seat to our right was sound. Really knowledgeable, decent guy & sang his heart out.

Fella to the our left would not for the life of him stop slagging off the players. Another STH. Sang and sang when it was going well but as soon as the 2nd went in to the final whistle it was Rodgers this, Glen Johnson that, Balotelli this, Mignolet that.

Scouse lad directly behind did not stop singing throughout. He was off his rocker and was obviously pissed but even the 85th minute was like 'come on lads, look lively!'. Let himself down by slagging our fans off for applauding the RM players off. Its called respect mate. How can a Scouser not know this stuff??

Few to the far right of us a few rows back were practically coming to blows in the first half. Just horrible to hear and see.

We all go on about the OOT's and women with ipads but the whole thing is fucked.

I said this morning that I'm falling out of love with it. When I started going when my dad took me for the first time it felt like a family, I felt apart of something & I fell in love with the club and what it stood for. Now I just feel like a number, stood there,  surrounded by 45,000 other numbers.

Do agree with this, plenty of locals around me who were sat around me just sat there not singing and screaming abuse at the players, no wonder some fans just attend away games now, really has gone downhill

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #3961 on: October 23, 2014, 06:17:46 pm »
was you in 306?

203 mate was gonna join my mates in 306 but was rammed in.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3962 on: October 23, 2014, 06:22:49 pm »
2 STH's in front of us in 305, utter fucking bellends. Scousers thinking they own the joint.

Did they kick off on you again mate?

Oh, and another thing, who was this twat in the 300s last night?

What the fuck is he wearing on his head?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #3963 on: October 23, 2014, 06:24:20 pm »

For some reason he got his head kicked in after the game.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #3964 on: October 23, 2014, 06:32:33 pm »
For some reason he got his head kicked in after the game.

He looks a bit deflated
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #3965 on: October 23, 2014, 06:37:01 pm »

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #3966 on: October 23, 2014, 07:15:12 pm »
Its a sad place Anfield these days, and it breaks my heart.

The YNWA yesterday was great but the amount of people (90% of them locals I would say) who just don´t give a fuck about YNWA is shocking. Trying to sing my heart out but then you have these black northface jackets ""cool as fuck" " walking around , chatting with their mates, coming in just before kick off I just want to tell them to fuck off.....YNWA is probably the highlight of the game for me and many others, never get tired of it but I´m not arsed anymore when you have 4-5 people around just chatting with their mates and sitting with their mobile.

Sadly these matches bring even more (if possible) tourists and knobheads. People sitting with their ipad and smiling when the opposition are scoring against us, what the fuck is going on? Remember two seasons ago against the mancs and I had some proper idiots next to me, with their full Liverpool kit on, taking their phones out when RVP had a penalty, why  would you like to have a video with United scoring against us?

Why the club (yes, it can be fixed and It wont cost much) don´t seemed arsed is beyond me, they can stick their fucking "Experience the anfield atmosphere" , "best fans in in the world" right up their arse.

It was just as much the fans who won CL in 2005, ask any player and they will tell you that, a packed, pumped up, intimidating and loud Anfield is our greatest weapon of them all, just ask Juve, Chelsea etc.

It´s not against locals or daytrippers in general, because there is a group at Anfield of scousers in all ages who are the most passionate and knowledgeable fans in the country, just look at the The Kop at its finest with all the flags and banners, its world famous and its down to those people. Then I don´t want to brag about me but we have lots of OOT/OOC who are fantastic, despite just going over for 4-5 games (or less) a year but threats every occasion like the best day of the year, singing their hearts out and showing that passion and support that Liverpool is all about. But it makes me really sad to see so few locals, especially young ones at Anfield. A proper gathering of young scousers (like some awadays) in the front of the Kop or anny road would make the atmosphere so much better. Then stick all the fucking thomas cook, footballtickets.com supporters in the upper centenary, far away from the pitch.

If SOS would get involved with the atmosphere at Anfield I would easily pay the triple of my membership fee to them, because when I talk around this is whats on peoples mind and bothering them, it is the lack of passion, community and atmosphere at Anfield, that foundation shanks built that Liverpool stands on. Would love it if SoS could out some pressure at the club to adress this issue.
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline ELEVENREDMEN

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3967 on: October 23, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »
I sat in the lower centenary last night (season ticket is in 106) and given the requirements for tickets was stunned at the type of fans sat around me. People arriving for their seats in the 17th and 63rd minutes of the game. Simply there  for the spectacle rather than to support. Very frustrating.

Offline Cato

• nine tails
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We got the Truth, then Justice. Now Accountability
« Reply #3968 on: October 23, 2014, 07:55:07 pm »

He was in 305, just behind me. I thought at first it was one of those helmets people wear if they're prone to falls or fits, so didn't like to stare.
Now I just think HE'S the helmet.  ::)
We kept believing and Justice is served.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #3969 on: October 23, 2014, 08:15:24 pm »
I sat in the lower centenary last night (season ticket is in 106) and given the requirements for tickets was stunned at the type of fans sat around me. People arriving for their seats in the 17th and 63rd minutes of the game. Simply there  for the spectacle rather than to support. Very frustrating.

They should shut the fucking gates at 3pm, 7.45 etc. Get in the ground on time or fuck off.

There are two schools of fans (well, more, but two main ones who go the game), those who think of Liverpool as "them" and those who think of Liverpool as "us".

I'm in the us camp, I'm there to cheer on my team, I'm there to slate the opposition to try and put them off so WE have a better chance of winning, I'm there to heckle the ref so he's nervy and more likely to give US a good decision.

Some fans are there to get a picture of "their captain he is, that Steven Gerrard", "I don't know why they persist with that Jordan Henderson fella", "ooh they do sing some funny songs those Liverpool fans".

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3970 on: October 23, 2014, 08:17:16 pm »
They should shut the fucking gates at 3pm, 7.45 etc. Get in the ground on time or fuck off.

Wasn't there a big accident?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: October 23, 2014, 08:17:23 pm »
He was in 305, just behind me. I thought at first it was one of those helmets people wear if they're prone to falls or fits, so didn't like to stare.
Now I just think HE'S the helmet.  ::)

Swear to god mate. This is a very funny post

:lmao

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #3972 on: October 23, 2014, 08:21:26 pm »

Something going on. We arrived at 7.15 and went straight in. Normally have time for a beer and a burger outside.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #3973 on: October 23, 2014, 08:25:35 pm »

Yeah but the M62 is always chocka at tea time isn't it?

Fair enough keep them open if word of traffic accidents/train delays comes about.

But I bet you there were loads in the pubs at 7:35-7:40 last night, "Oh I'll just finish this, then get in". No, you can get in early, sing some fucking songs, scare the shit out of the opposition and do your fucking JOB and OBLIGATION. And you can take off that fucking North Face jacket whilst you're at it.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3974 on: October 23, 2014, 08:27:12 pm »
Yeah but the M62 is always chocka at tea time isn't it?

Fair enough keep them open if word of traffic accidents/train delays comes about.

But I bet you there were loads in the pubs at 7:35-7:40 last night, "Oh I'll just finish this, then get in". No, you can get in early, sing some fucking songs, scare the shit out of the opposition and do your fucking JOB and OBLIGATION. And you can take off that fucking North Face jacket whilst you're at it.

ABJ off here missed the whole first half cos of an accident and tail backs on the M6...

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3975 on: October 23, 2014, 08:31:55 pm »

Actually looks like a full grown adult from this angle, stunning
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #3976 on: October 23, 2014, 08:39:42 pm »
He's Ronaldo ffs!!  I wouldn't clap the wanker if he'd just saved my dog from drowning and stuck £50 in my back pocket!

Spot on lad
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3977 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:41 pm »

Not all due to that mate, we were stuck in traffic due to a crash on the m62 near Liverpool and missed the first 20, was a standstill for an hour and tons of fans outside the ground running (or trying) to get their seats

Offline KForshaw

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3978 on: October 23, 2014, 10:00:46 pm »
Sang when I could and for our 20 minutes of joy it was shaping up to be a good night. The speed at which they took the game beyond us completely defalted the atmosphere. There were a few waves of songs every now and then to try and lift the team but the players and fans alike were just jaded after it went to 3-0.

fuck off clapping their substitutions tho???? And the constant digs I kept hearing around me were not helping anyone, can understand frustration but no need for it imo. Majority weren't hostile enough towards Real, more in awe of them it seemed...

This happens regularly, nothing to be ashamed of. Similar to how we clap their goalie, just a sign of respect. Nothing about being in awe of them, doesn't happen with all teams we play but pretty much always with European teams.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3979 on: October 23, 2014, 10:08:59 pm »
Spot on lad
I disagree. Forget he's ex United, he's arguably the best player in the world at the moment. I thought it showed our class and why we are the best fans. We follow our club passionately but also understand the game and appreciate it.
JFT97

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3980 on: October 23, 2014, 10:12:26 pm »
He's Ronaldo ffs!!  I wouldn't clap the wanker if he'd just saved my dog from drowning and stuck £50 in my back pocket!
Salty much?
He's a great player, in fact, currently the best in the world, who cares if he played for United, he doesn't now.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #3981 on: October 23, 2014, 10:21:37 pm »
There's nothing wrong with showing your respect, no matter how begrudgingly.

I remember watching us play barca at home in the CL, 11/12 years ago. They played us off the park in a similar manner and also won 0-3 I think. I remember them getting a standing ovation at the end.

Nothing wrong with it at all.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: October 23, 2014, 10:22:42 pm »
don't see anything wrong with it either.We have always been known as fans who know their football.we have always showed respect when it is called for
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Road End Sikh

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3983 on: October 23, 2014, 10:31:02 pm »
Anfield looked beautiful last night......Anfield sounded beautiful at times last night.....Anfield showed class and dignity last night.

But let's just keep beating ourselves up yeah??
LFC    then   now   always

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #3984 on: October 23, 2014, 10:51:36 pm »
Too many customers inside Anfield these days, not enough supporters. I stopped going a few years ago due to health reasons, only get to the ground once a year now. Wudnt go even if i could now, so sad. Last night i could hear the players shouting at each other on the telly, it was that quiet, cudnt believe my ears. YNWA at the start was good tho.  few fella's i know are sayin this is there last season, there reason, its shite. So very sad.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3985 on: October 23, 2014, 10:55:56 pm »
Showing respect to the teams of Barcelona, or Real Madrid, when they play you of the pitch is all well and good. I've done it many times over the years, sometimes with tears in my eyes. Last night, despite despising Real Madrid and everything they stand for, I did give them a [brief] clap as they were so good.

But, clapping Ronaldo after he'd taunted us all with that pose in front of the Kemlyn, and his association with Man U, is a step way way too far, in my opinion. We are supposed to be a partisan home crowd, for heaven's sake  :(

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3986 on: October 23, 2014, 10:59:55 pm »
Wha?  Well post it again then and we shall debate it.  I don't manipulate anything. 

All I said was you can't make a decent judgment on the atmosphere if you weren't at the match, as the broadcasters can manipulate how it sounds. For example everyone in the ground could be belting out the old Steven Gerrard song, but as soon as it's sung the TV companies will turn their microphones down as it contains the word 'fucking'. It might sound like 100 decibels in the ground but like a whisper on TV.

People can't make the match for a number of reasons, all of which are fair enough, however if you're not at the match then in my opinion you can't make a valid comment about the atmosphere. Talk about the team/manager/reasons why the atmosphere is shite all day long, but as far as people saying 'it sounded shite on tele/my dodgy stream' goes, I'm sorry but your opinion is worthless in this particular thread.

Offline MattyK93

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3987 on: October 23, 2014, 11:20:41 pm »
In the main stand last night, Kop side.. Had two asian fellas behind us one had a fucking puppet with him for some strange reason..  an was sat next to a lad in a Madrid shirt with James on the back, done our best to get it going but as soon as the 2nd went in the atmosphere died, suppose it's the norm these days..

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #3988 on: October 23, 2014, 11:23:24 pm »

This

Offline I am new

• t gingrich's reincarnated soul
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #3989 on: October 23, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »
All I said was you can't make a decent judgment on the atmosphere if you weren't at the match, as the broadcasters can manipulate how it sounds. For example everyone in the ground could be belting out the old Steven Gerrard song, but as soon as it's sung the TV companies will turn their microphones down as it contains the word 'fucking'. It might sound like 100 decibels in the ground but like a whisper on TV.

Couldn't of said it better myself

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3990 on: October 23, 2014, 11:52:21 pm »

People can't make the match for a number of reasons, all of which are fair enough, however if you're not at the match then in my opinion you can't make a valid comment about the atmosphere. Talk about the team/manager/reasons why the atmosphere is shite all day long, but as far as people saying 'it sounded shite on tele/my dodgy stream' goes, I'm sorry but your opinion is worthless in this particular thread.

I've clearly taken you the wrong way and I apologise for that.  I agree with everything you've just said above.  I've never made comments on the atmosphere when I wasn't there.  Or told supporters to sing up.  I am well aware of media manipulation.  I took issue with the Ronaldo love in, nothing more.  And I reserve the right to post where I please.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3991 on: October 23, 2014, 11:56:44 pm »
Some good points being made here..

How about a john terry/jamie carragher half and half banner to appreciate the two best english centre halves of this generation..

It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #3992 on: October 24, 2014, 12:09:17 am »
clapping rat boy fucking hell what has the place come to,i still remember being sat on the coach in traffic on the m60 when he was giving us loads  in his ferarri, we caught up to him, the coach going mental so he pulled into the hard shoulder and got off the wanker.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3993 on: October 24, 2014, 12:35:29 am »
I've clearly taken you the wrong way and I apologise for that.  I agree with everything you've just said above.  I've never made comments on the atmosphere when I wasn't there.  Or told supporters to sing up.  I am well aware of media manipulation.  I took issue with the Ronaldo love in, nothing more.  And I reserve the right to post where I please.

No worries. I agree with the Ronaldo love in, I'm in two minds about it. He's arguably the best player in the world right now, but he didn't tear us apart by himself and he's an ex-Utd player so I'm not sure his applause was warranted. If Isco had gone off he'd have deserved the applause (the same as Kroos and Marcelo) but Ronaldo I'm not sure on.

Obviously I've got no issue with where people post, and it seems like I directed my post at the wrong person in yourself. The only people who shouldn't be in this thread (in my opinion) are the ones slating the atmosphere who don't go the match.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3994 on: October 24, 2014, 12:56:00 am »
No worries. I agree with the Ronaldo love in, I'm in two minds about it. He's arguably the best player in the world right now, but he didn't tear us apart by himself and he's an ex-Utd player so I'm not sure his applause was warranted. If Isco had gone off he'd have deserved the applause (the same as Kroos and Marcelo) but Ronaldo I'm not sure on.

Obviously I've got no issue with where people post, and it seems like I directed my post at the wrong person in yourself. The only people who shouldn't be in this thread (in my opinion) are the ones slating the atmosphere who don't go the match.

Thank you.  And I don't see how they can if they weren't there.  I don't have Sky in the house, don't like the radio commentary  and so I follow the in match commentary on RAWK.  But even if I haven't been the regular I once was and will never be so again, I do like to read posts from supporters who attend games.  But that is a bittersweet reading.  It saddens and distresses me at some of the things I read.  But I suppose that is how the modern game is.  Stuff that would have been unthinkable in my time is now commonplace.  I appreciate that the game has changed but has it changed for the better?  Not my call any more.  Alas.  No longer a shareholder, so whatever I was once able to do has all gone.  A great pity.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: October 24, 2014, 01:00:37 am »
clapping rat boy fucking hell what has the place come to,i still remember being sat on the coach in traffic on the m60 when he was giving us loads  in his ferarri, we caught up to him, the coach going mental so he pulled into the hard shoulder and got off the wanker.

Now this made me laugh out loud.  Priceless.   :champ

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #3996 on: October 24, 2014, 01:18:19 am »
:) that's hilarious, can imagine the scenes now. You do know you can get Instagram on your phone though right?  :P

I know but using your phone isn't as bad as an I Pad! Got I hate them, should be banned from Anfield, copy the mancs and ban them! Ban WIFI for that matter, that'll stop them bringing them if they can't update their twitter followers what shirt Balotelli has on!
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #3997 on: October 24, 2014, 01:46:19 am »

Anyway expecting it to be quite awful against Hull sadly, with the amount of spares in the kop end already floating around.

Nah, it'll be great - Mighty Red's going to be handing out flags. George has also been ordered to play "I Feel Good" over the PA system when we score.

Offline I am new

• t gingrich's reincarnated soul
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #3998 on: October 24, 2014, 02:10:28 am »
Nah, it'll be great - Mighty Red's going to be handing out flags. George has also been ordered to play "I Feel Good" over the PA system when we score.
;D

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #3999 on: October 24, 2014, 03:10:00 am »
if they can't update their twitter followers what shirt Balotelli has on!

OMG Look at Mario's shirt #Pepe