Author Topic: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)  (Read 418175 times)

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)
« on: January 2, 2013, 09:48:46 pm »
Sounded decent on the tele tonight, but I despise that rattle thing someone keeps on bringing. It's like a Scouse vuvuzela, should be binned or banned. All random too.

Exciting day this, hopefully the positivity and a few more good performances rubs off on the atmosphere.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:39:38 am by Caligula_10 »

Offline FOOT

• AND MOUTH
  • Kopite
  • British media - bunch of c*nts
Re: Fortress Anfield (atmosphere)
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »
Was this him?
THE TRUTH?

Lord Justice Taylor's official inquiry into the disaster disparaged The Sun's story and was unequivocal as to the disaster's cause:

The Taylor Report stated that official cause of the disaster was the failure of police control.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2013, 10:01:22 pm »
long way to go yet before Anfield is rocking again. Winnning games will get us there faster though.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 2, 2013, 11:42:42 pm »
Was in Annie Road and I thought it took a while to get going.  Seems we often need a couple of goals before the crowd get properly involved.  Sunderland fans were a decent laugh with some good banter, although they did roll out some sad classics about Suarez and getting a job.  Much better away crowd than Fulham the other week.

Was sat near the most annoying and cynical old bat in ages.  Season ticket holder.  Must have been about 65-70 and didn't stop whinging.  Here are some classics.

After the brief Rodgers song (when 3-0 up).

"Well that died a death. Can't stand Rodgers.  Hopefully he'll be off soon"

When Joe Allen came on.

"When it comes to the two Joes I actually prefer Joe Cole"

When Henderson went off to a standing ovation.

"I suppose he tried, but he was awful tonight.  Never make it here."

And of course every time an attack broke down and we rebuilt from the back we got

"I hate this tippy tappy rubbish"

Thankfully there were a couple of peeps nearer who were trying to educate her, but she was the worst type of fan and probably been going for decades.

Anyway... that probably affected my appreciation of the atmosphere somewhat, but the crowd did seem a lot better once we went 2-0 up.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 2, 2013, 11:45:30 pm »
Sounded decent on the tele tonight, but I despise that rattle thing someone keeps on bringing.

My friend swears that is a camera shutter firing and it's too near the mics.  If a photographer had a high speed shutter near a field mic it would be annoying. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline USCouse

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: January 2, 2013, 11:53:12 pm »
I hear it in almost every home match (and have heard it for several years now)... also assumed it was camera/photography related...

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 2, 2013, 11:55:15 pm »
I hear it in almost every home match (and have heard it for several years now)... also assumed it was camera/photography related...

It also happens more often when a LFC player has the ball and dribbles or shoots.  Would make sense for the camera theory.
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 3, 2013, 12:03:14 am »
Sounded rather subdued on the tv, not sure what it was like there.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 3, 2013, 12:09:20 am »
Sounded awful on MOTD , that's not to say it was though.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #9 on: January 3, 2013, 12:09:33 am »
Was in Annie Road and I thought it took a while to get going.  Seems we often need a couple of goals before the crowd get properly involved.  Sunderland fans were a decent laugh with some good banter, although they did roll out some sad classics about Suarez and getting a job. Much better away crowd than Fulham the other week.

I thought they were the biggest shower of wankers to come here all season. More interested in singing all the stereo-typical bullshit about scousers (and Suarez). Haven't heard that 'you stole our stereo' one for about 10 years. And singing about your rivals being 2-1 down when you're getting stuffed 3-0. Fucking knobs.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2013, 12:15:08 am »
Always funny when people from the arse end of nowhere like Sunderland sing about scousers and unemployment. Oh yeah, where's the economic prosperity boom in the north east then?

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #11 on: January 3, 2013, 12:15:32 am »
I thought they were the biggest shower of wankers to come here all season. More interested in singing all the stereo-typical bullshit about scousers (and Suarez). Haven't heard that 'you stole our stereo' one for about 10 years. And singing about your rivals being 2-1 down when you're getting stuffed 3-0. Fucking knobs.
Singing the same old 'sign on' as well while 3-0 down and getting battered. Bunch of knobheads indeed, should've sung 'going down' to them, not far from it are they.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Ossie

• Main Stander
« Reply #12 on: January 3, 2013, 12:23:59 am »
I was in 304 and fuck me it wos dire.  As soon as I got to me seat 10 mins before kick off and noticed  most of the block were sat down waiting for the curtain to drop in a theatre I realised it was going to be another one of them nights again. Sad to say it but the kop as we knew it to be is gone.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #13 on: January 3, 2013, 12:33:52 am »
Always funny when people from the arse end of nowhere like Sunderland sing about scousers and unemployment. Oh yeah, where's the economic prosperity boom in the north east then?

Exactly. Bunch of deluded wankers.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 3, 2013, 02:15:37 am »
Exactly. Bunch of deluded wankers.

I liked the irony of the your support is fucking shite. Especially when those in the away area missed the near half empty seats next to them
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline TheOllie

• Main Stander
  • Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me
« Reply #15 on: January 3, 2013, 03:25:11 am »
Already a thread for this which seems to have been forgotten...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=285889.960

Anyway, was in 305 and i thought it was very good yesterday. (obv. result helped). Last 30 mins was dull tho..

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 3, 2013, 03:27:25 am »
Sounded dire over tele, like it has been most of the season.

usual whopper songs from the mackems
"3-0 and you still don't sing"

Jeering when we got a chant going etc....

Don't really know how the atmosphere can get better again to be honest.

You'd think most of the whoppers would fuck off since we turned shit but it's worse than ever
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TheOllie

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2013, 03:35:11 am »
Sounded dire over tele, like it has been most of the season.

usual whopper songs from the mackems
"3-0 and you still don't sing"

Jeering when we got a chant going etc....

Don't really know how the atmosphere can get better again to be honest.

You'd think most of the whoppers would fuck off since we turned shit but it's worse than ever

Was it really that bad? Maybe i'm getting carried away a bit, standing up in the 300s or whatever. Thought it was the loudest we'd got this season against a 'lesser' side...

I sang my heart out btw... (as always)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2013, 03:40:17 am »
Was it really that bad? Maybe i'm getting carried away a bit, standing up in the 300s or whatever. Thought it was the loudest we'd got this season against a 'lesser' side...

I sang my heart out btw... (as always)

Was only commenting from internet stream/MOTD but it seemed pretty quiet like, an Sunderland were having a go about it.

Always deceiving the atmosphere when you're in 305/306 though especially towards the back. Can come out losing your voice and chanting for 80+ minutes and find out the atmosphere was fucking dreadful all game because nobody before row 50 could be arsed joining in.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TheOllie

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2013, 03:41:57 am »
Was only commenting from internet stream/MOTD but it seemed pretty quiet like, an Sunderland were having a go about it.

Always deceiving the atmosphere when you're in 305/306 though especially towards the back. Can come out losing your voice and chanting for 80+ minutes and find out the atmosphere was fucking dreadful all game because nobody before row 50 could be arsed joining in.

True that...nite

YNWA

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2013, 08:39:44 am »

What I meant was, it was nice banter.  When Fulham came their fans, like their team just rolled over.  I enjoy it when the oppo fans are singing and we hit back.  As long as the songs aren't ones about Hillsborough etc it's all fine.  When they sang about Everton being 2-1 up and we sang back that they were 3-0 down.  Classic!

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 3, 2013, 08:54:07 am »
There were moments where it seemed quite loud...almost like their was a genuine excitement from the fans for how we were playing for the first time in quite a while.

It will take time to get the place rocking, I agree with that. Everyone in the back of their minds still seems to be waiting for something to go wrong, isntead of waiting for things to fall into place.

Away fans really piss me off with their shite though. So many songs to sing and yet they do nothing but sing about us. The one I hate the most is '' You're not famous anymore''...if we werent famous, then when are you going out of your way to remind us. Surely our irrelevance doesnt require your efforts.

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 3, 2013, 08:57:01 am »
I was standing in 305 and it wasn't quite amplifying for a victory, seen better atmosphere this season
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline Lethul

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: January 3, 2013, 09:00:09 am »
My friend swears that is a camera shutter firing and it's too near the mics.  If a photographer had a high speed shutter near a field mic it would be annoying.

I doubt it is a camera rattler, watch a long skiing contest and you will hear the same rattle over and over. It is a very common "audience" tool in skiing :)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #24 on: January 3, 2013, 09:04:43 am »
Was at front of Paddock at Annie Rd end and didn't hear FOAR or Tommy from the Kop till after third goal. Decent after that.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #25 on: January 3, 2013, 09:26:56 am »
Already a thread for this which seems to have been forgotten...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=285889.960

Anyway, was in 305 and i thought it was very good yesterday. (obv. result helped). Last 30 mins was dull tho..
Yeah, couldn't post in that one for some reason and it's been quiet since September so I figured that it wouldn't hurt with a new one since it's a good thread to have lingering.

The cameras I've heard made more of a buzzing sound, and they should have the same problem at other grounds if it was a camera. I think that it is the mating sound of the infamous rattlewhopper.

Offline Almo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #26 on: January 3, 2013, 10:32:36 am »
I think we are one of the quieter grounds in the league now. Makes me sad

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #27 on: January 3, 2013, 10:37:37 am »
Was watching the game in HD Live and if im honest, the crowd sounded a little flat until we scored the goals then it was good, then died out and the usual anfield road came and Suarez songs.

Same old anfield right now, will take awhile to get back to normal but we'll get there.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 3, 2013, 10:42:26 am »
unfortunately the club have priced lots of people out a few years ago. The average age of the kop is about 50, no option for tickets for young people like Everton or even United, £40+ a pop for any premier league games. Child tickets have to be with adults. it's only going to get worse.

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #29 on: January 3, 2013, 10:51:38 am »
I was thinking about the age thing last night. Clubs like Swansea, Stoke etc. with loud support despite smaller stadiums all seem to have an average matchgoing fan-age of around 30-35. It's a somewhat older crowd at Anfield, might have something to do with it.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #30 on: January 3, 2013, 10:53:09 am »
Sounded decent on the tele tonight, but I despise that rattle thing someone keeps on bringing. It's like a Scouse vuvuzela, should be binned or banned. All random too.

Exciting day this, hopefully the positivity and a few more good performances rubs off on the atmosphere.

Be thankful its not that woman who used to scream down the microphones at Highbury everytime Arsenal or their opponents shot! I was sadly reminded of this the other day when watching goals goals goals (great programme).

I was thinking about the age thing last night. Clubs like Swansea, Stoke etc. with loud support despite smaller stadiums all seem to have an average matchgoing fan-age of around 30-35. It's a somewhat older crowd at Anfield, might have something to do with it.

People dont come from all over the country and Europe to see Stoke or Swansea. If i went to watch Barcelona or Inter Milan, i would not be able to join in with their songs as i would not know them. But like you say the main reason is because of supporters who are the older generation who want to be entertained as per the lady described in one of the first posts on the thread.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2013, 10:56:39 am by mabbympb »

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #31 on: January 3, 2013, 11:04:17 am »
long way to go yet before Anfield is rocking again. Winnning games will get us there faster though.

It wasn't exactly 'rocking' in 08/09 and we were 'winning games'.

The only way is to bring the RTK section down to the front. I really don't think anything else will change it at this stage.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 3, 2013, 11:24:26 am »
The atmosphere will only return when the club reconnects with it's roots and core support. Don't expect anything to change whilst the club continues to pander to day-trippers and part-timers to fill the coffers.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33 on: January 3, 2013, 11:35:10 am »
Did I hear "Theres only one BR" or did my ears deceive me?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 3, 2013, 11:35:38 am »
its a sad state of affairs.seems we can only get ourselves up for masive games.Ah well.As for the noise on the original post.It is deffo camera shutters mate.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline BluMunkey

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: January 3, 2013, 11:38:38 am »
It was poor. I've not been for a while and I couldnt believe how quiet it was.

Sounded like only the Kop were singing YNWA on 89 minutes.

I was surrounded by people (mostly foreign) more concerned about taking photos with massive cameras.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 3, 2013, 11:39:56 am »

;D

Tell him he's wrong.

It is indeed some bloke with a rattle. Whenever you hear it (and you're at the match) look at the first or second row of the Paddock near the halfway line. You can see the bloke swinging it round.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 3, 2013, 11:42:56 am »
;D

Tell him he's wrong.

It is indeed some bloke with a rattle. Whenever you hear it (and you're at the match) look at the first or second row of the Paddock near the halfway line. You can see the bloke swinging it round.

he aint wrong mate.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 3, 2013, 11:45:17 am »
I'd like to see a boys pen brought back or a block specifically designated to tickets that are only for purchase at the turnstile at a cheaper rate up till maybe 5 hours before kick off so it ensures more locals get in the ground and especially youngsters. You'd see alot more local lads coming onto the kop and making a better atmosphere for years to come. Will never happen due to health and safety I know but it's nice to dream.

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #39 on: January 3, 2013, 11:47:54 am »
Did I hear "Theres only one BR" or did my ears deceive me?

That's been going for ages. It's not the worst