Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Man City (2-1): (Gerrard, pen) Half time.....  (Read 90515 times)

Online justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
If Jay isn't fit I'd almost be inclined to take one of the young lads from the reserves and have them sit in front of the back four. Could Wisdom do a job there?

Charlie Adam having a bad game is exactly what we don't need on Wednesday.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I'd actually be inclined to play Carra in this, as said before, these are the sorts of games were you can easily see him throwing his body infront shots all night long and pulling something out of nowhere to win the ball. Big Leader on the pitch aswell.

Agree, I'd play five at the back, kuyt up top to hold the ball up and allow the runners (gerrard,Henderson and downing to support) hopefully spearing fit enough to hold.
YNWA

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Anyone else still struggling to get up for this after Bolton, so disappointed by the team.
YNWA

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This "players always pass to Gerrard" is a myth.

Is it fuck.

Watch most of the lads, they give it straight to Gerrard because he starts his "I'm the captain, give me the ball routine" and pisses and moans when he doesn't get the pass or just sulks.

I love the fella, especially for all he's done for us but he wants the ball to much sometimes.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Charlie Adam having a bad game is exactly what we don't need on Wednesday.

Agreed. Against Man City, with them knowing they have to score and being very attacking, every player out on the pitch has to have a good game. Especially if we deploy a two man midfield. Adam can't be trusted in those circumstances. I'd rather Spearing and Henderson in midfield than Gerrard and Adam.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
Anyone else still struggling to get up for this after Bolton, so disappointed by the team.

It was an absolute shitter of a performance and I'm still down about it, but I'm sure come Wednesday I'll be bang up for this. Going to be so nervy though, especially if it's still 0-0 and getting late in the game. If we get through it could be just what the team need for a bit of morale.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
Is it fuck.

Watch most of the lads, they give it straight to Gerrard because he starts his "I'm the captain, give me the ball routine" and pisses and moans when he doesn't get the pass or just sulks.

I love the fella, especially for all he's done for us but he wants the ball to much sometimes.

Well at the moment its pass it to Adam, Dirk or Downing each being a blind alley for various reasons. I would give it to Gerrard every time, then maybe after 10 occasions the opposition wise up, double up and it makes room for Adam to take 3 touches, have a look while in space and do something constructive.
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is a fucking massive game, the vast majority of the current squad have never experienced a cup final and reaching Wembley and winning the cup should breed self belief and confidence.

Online justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
Agreed. Against Man City, with them knowing they have to score and being very attacking, every player out on the pitch has to have a good game. Especially if we deploy a two man midfield. Adam can't be trusted in those circumstances. I'd rather Spearing and Henderson in midfield than Gerrard and Adam.

Aye mate - one of 'those' performances from him and we can forget it. Clumsy tackles, being caught out of position, committing to challenges too early, holding on to the ball for too long... You just can't do ANY of those things against City.

Before I get told off for saying that - I think Adam is a really good player if he has adequate cover behind him, but that won't be the case so - for me - in a game like this, he's useless.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
This is a fucking massive game, the vast majority of the current squad have never experienced a cup final and reaching Wembley and winning the cup should breed self belief and confidence.

Agreed. Regardless of it being "only the League Cup", a cup win would/should have sa massive positive effect on the club.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is it fuck.

Or maybe because they're players who hide and would rather give the responsability of creating something to someone else.

Never saw the likes of Masch and Xabi defering to Gerrard all the time.

Some bad shithouses in our side.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Stevinho

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
i think this is a match we have to see the likes of Carra and kuyt starting, need those determined experienced players out there

pepe
johnson skrtel carra/agger? enrique
    kuyt gerrard hendo maxi
            carrol bellamy

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm strangely confident about this. Wembley here we come.
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Without trying to sound too cocky, and I hope this don't come back to bite me on the arse, but in my opinion we are effectively 90 minutes away from lifting a trophy in Kenny's first season, every player needs to give 100% on Wednesday, it's our biggest game for a good 2 years since (at least since Atletico Madrid anyway) so let's fucking do it, cannot wait til Wednesday.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:19:05 pm by -Willo- »

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen

To be honest, no. I actually see one positive thing - now it only can get better.

Offline Jersey

• Kopite
  • Belgian Red
The next two games will make or break our season. Don't believe in that 4th place anymore but I want some silverware.
No retreat baby, no surrender

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
To be honest, no. I actually see one positive thing - now it only can get better.

At the moment yeah, but I'll be fine just before ko

Online joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Without trying to sound too cocky, and I hope this don't come back to bite me on the arse, but in my opinion we are effectively 90 minutes away from lifting a trophy in Kenny's first season, every player needs to give 100% on Wednesday, it's our biggest game for a good 2 years since (at least since Atletico Madrid anyway) so let's not fucking do it, cannot wait til Wednesday.

I otherwise agree with the sentiments, but if we were to progress and then 'perform' against Palace or Cardiff like we did agsainst Bolton, we'd be in for a nasty surprise!
I really hope Spearing's back for this one, and if not then I think it's worth playing three centre backs. I also hope we don't sit back too much though, I don't think City will play as badly as they did last time and if we just let them attack us for the whole game, they'll find a way through.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
I otherwise agree with the sentiments, but if we were to progress and then 'perform' against Palace or Cardiff like we did agsainst Bolton, we'd be in for a nasty surprise!
I really hope Spearing's back for this one, and if not then I think it's worth playing three centre backs. I also hope we don't sit back too much though, I don't think City will play as badly as they did last time and if we just let them attack us for the whole game, they'll find a way through.

Definitely agree, but I think we'd simply be too strong for say Palace, Suarez is back, and well I'm sure we will not look half arsed like we sometimes do against 'smaller' premier league teams.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cannot wait for this. If we get to Wembley and I manage to get tickets I will be buzzing!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Cannot wait for this. If we get to Wembley and I manage to get tickets I will be buzzing!

Same, will not get too excited though as I'm not sure I'll get one with just City home on my card should we get through.

Online joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Definitely agree, but I think we'd simply be too strong for say Palace, Suarez is back, and well I'm sure we will not look half arsed like we sometimes do against 'smaller' premier league teams.

Hope so mate, providing we get through!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
                    Reina

Johnson  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique

Spearing

Henderson  Gerrard

Kuyt           Bellamy          Maxi

I'd like that.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline HuytonRed_91

• Anny Roader
  • Scouser's rule the country
any idea who the ref is?
Come on you mighty reds

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Not looking good if we somehow fuck it up, we might start sliding as our confidence is nothing to sing about.
That goal of advantage we have really isn't that much, we should score to stand a good chance as they'll come guns blazing, ready to inflict damage. We are seriously deficient in defensive midfield so I hope and pray that Jay is available and that he will take the place of Adam who should rightly serve some bench time for this recent displays. Jay to me is the key, without him our chances of outfighting them drop severely.

Offline lfc786

• Kopite
mario charged has until 6pm Wednesday to respond

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny

Images

Mario Balotelli could miss the Carling Cup semi-final plus three league games for Manchester City after he was charged with violent conduct for kicking Scott Parker on the head during Sunday's 3-2 win against Tottenham Hotspur.

The Italian striker, who Harry Redknapp insisted should not have been on the pitch to convert the stoppage-time penalty that defeated Spurs, was charged this evening once the Football Association had considered referee Howard Webb's official

"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Shame Balotelli won't be available, he's been nothing other then shite every time he's played against us.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Shame Balotelli won't be available, he's been nothing other then shite every time he's played against us.
that's what I was thinking too... He was a cry-baby last time and it was easy to contain him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan

Its still one less play available.  They'll have Aguero and Dzecko available, who else do they have on the bench as a striker available ?
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Balotelli will be available if they appeal. Saying that, judging by the video footage any appeal would be frivilous and he could get an extra game tacked on.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
Images

Mario Balotelli could miss the Carling Cup semi-final plus three league games for Manchester City after he was charged with violent conduct for kicking Scott Parker on the head during Sunday's 3-2 win against Tottenham Hotspur.

The Italian striker, who Harry Redknapp insisted should not have been on the pitch to convert the stoppage-time penalty that defeated Spurs, was charged this evening once the Football Association had considered referee Howard Webb's official

I think he is unlucky. Lescott's forearm smash was at least as bad but there isn't the fuss about that because one of them is English and one of them is deemed a dirty foreigner.

FWIW I reckon he did stamp him but only one person in the world can really know that and it is conceivable that he was just spinning from the shot and regaining his footing.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
i reckon they`ll accept the charge as i don`t think he would of started on wednesday anyway so get a game out of the way.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Meh. Been playing against 10-men whenever he's played against us.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
any idea who the ref is?

Phil Dowd apparently.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
since our striking force is not good enough, Im hoping that the Kop will manage to score 1-2 goals  ;) :D

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Balotelli will be available if they appeal. Saying that, judging by the video footage any appeal would be frivilous and he could get an extra game tacked on.

The 4 games he's been given looks prime for an appeal if ive got my cynical hat on.

4 games is a lot, enough for Man City to appeal, it be knocked down and the FA to still look like they've done something.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
Not looking good if we somehow fuck it up, we might start sliding as our confidence is nothing to sing about.
That goal of advantage we have really isn't that much, we should score to stand a good chance as they'll come guns blazing, ready to inflict damage. We are seriously deficient in defensive midfield so I hope and pray that Jay is available and that he will take the place of Adam who should rightly serve some bench time for this recent displays. Jay to me is the key, without him our chances of outfighting them drop severely.

Pretty much how I see it. We need Jay for his energy and because he'll take responsibility for the midfield clean up job. I'm more confident than others in some respects though, we've seen how we seem to be able to step it up for bigger teams regardless of our form against others, plus I expect most of the team (from Saturday) who play will be raring to go and make up for that dismal display. Still worry about how we're going to score mind, I just hope we don't sit back and end up with 6 defenders on the pitch again, City have so many players who could punish us with 1 chance. Really hoping we somehow manage to keep disciplined and the nick a goal close to the end!!

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
The 4 games he's been given looks prime for an appeal if ive got my cynical hat on.

4 games is a lot, enough for Man City to appeal, it be knocked down and the FA to still look like they've done something.

Its only four games as its his 2nd red.  So really the offence is still considered a 3 match ban.  They'll get more added without doubt if they appeal.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Its only four games as its his 2nd red.  So really the offence is still considered a 3 match ban.  They'll get more added without doubt if they appeal.

Its his second is it? Ah right. Never mind then.