Author Topic: 21 Tennis Steps To Heaven  (Read 42840 times)

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
21 Tennis Steps To Heaven
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:45:31 pm »
Or 10k.

Simple really, you start off with 100 quid. You should not bet on anybody shorter than 1/5 or longer than 1/3. 21 single bets rolling over the 100 quid on every bet will see you collect 10 grand at the end.

Doesnt seem that far fetched, most people will tell you that finding a 1/4 winner in a tennis match isnt that difficult especially when you know the more reliable players etc.

Of course to do it 21 times though without failing would be quite impressive.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 21 Tennis Steps To Heaven
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 02:56:27 pm »
Bet 1. Davydenko to beat Bolleli @ 2/9. 100 returns 122.22

If this wins Bet 2 will automatically be Tsonga to be Benneteau @ 2/7 which is directly after Davydenkos game.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:53:42 pm »
Bet 1. Davydenko to beat Bolleli @ 2/9. 100 returns 122.22
Bet 2. Tsonga to beat Benneteau @2/7 122.22 returns 157.14

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Hope he cancelled the milk.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:26:13 pm »
Good luck. Your guna need it :D
We're all laughing at Everton, ha ha ha ha

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:08:13 pm »
Well that went well. Never imagined Tsonga getting a hiding by fucking Benneteau.

Thankfully it was a free 100 euro given to me by Boylesports, but Im depositing 100 now to to start again.

More to the point I look like a fucking idiot now. Should really be going deep into this challenge, but results like the Tsonga one I find hard to explain.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 10:10:06 pm »
Is the 1.2 to 1.33 rule set in stone?

Wanted to back Tips against ToJo but he was still 1.4 when a break up in the first set.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline SGTBabbel

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 10:10:12 pm »
yeah, i wouldnt have expected Tsonga to lose that game.

good luck with the challenge.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:17:44 pm »
Is the 1.2 to 1.33 rule set in stone?

Wanted to back Tips against ToJo but he was still 1.4 when a break up in the first set.

No, not really. Its just a guide but the danger is dipping into riskier games.

Was looking at Youzhny against Almagro myself but I might wait to see how the first couple of games unfold before committing anything, need to be more careful this time.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:27:38 pm »
I'll give this a go from tomorrow ;D

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:53:37 pm »
Bet 1. Youzhny to beat Almagro @ 4/9. 100 returns 144.44

Risky but I think Youzhny should be shorter so im happy to take these odds.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #10 on: April 1, 2008, 01:32:44 am »
No, not really. Its just a guide but the danger is dipping into riskier games.

Can I take 140 quid out of what I did win and stick it in here and have that as my first bet?

;)
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 1, 2008, 01:38:23 am »
Can I take 140 quid out of what I did win and stick it in here and have that as my first bet?

;)

Of course! Make it your own.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #12 on: April 1, 2008, 01:45:22 am »
Awesome. I missed the Youzhny match (well all bar the last 4 or 5 points of the TB), what's with the talk about blood?

Bet 1: £100 on Tipsarevic to beat Johansson @ 2/5 (in play with Tips a break up in the first set) = £140
Bet 2: £140 on Birdshit to beat Tursunov @ 4/9 = Bet Pending

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 1, 2008, 01:53:13 am »
One of the funniest things Ive ever seen on a tennis court. He cracked the racket(and it was the frame) over his head three times after missing break point when he was trailing 4-5* in the final set. He turns around and blood is pouring from his head, had to take an injury time out. Came back from the break and hit two quickfire winners to break.

And there was an absolutely phenomenal point in the final set, would be shocked if there was a more entertaining point throughout the year. It will be on Sky tomorrow im sure.

It sounds like it was a good match but it was pretty bad in all honesty ;D

Im liking Berdychs chances tomorrow aswell. Im not a fan of his at all, because he has a tendancy to throw in absolute shite games but he looks in cracking form this week and I dont rate Tursunov much.

Offline Conde

• scendingly banned for being an arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: April 1, 2008, 02:35:28 am »

Offline M.A.G.M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2008, 11:06:39 am »
I'll give this a go, by no means a tennis expert but see where it gets me...

[Bet 1] £100.00 on Radek Stepanek vs James Blake @ 1.9 = £190.00

A bit risky but one I'm prepared to take to hopefully give me a head start.
"I am awake at 4am designing a team. The selection? It's Javier Mascherano and 10 more." Maradona

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 1, 2008, 01:51:42 pm »
Bet 1) £100 on Canas (vs Andreev) @ 1.53 = £153

Offline M.A.G.M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 1, 2008, 05:54:46 pm »
[Bet 1] £100.00 on Radek Stepanek vs James Blake @ 1.9 = £190.00 (6-3, 6-4)
[Bet 2] £190.00 on Guillermo Canas vs Igor Andreev @ 1.67 = £317.30 *in-play
« Last Edit: April 1, 2008, 08:35:11 pm by M.A.G.M »
"I am awake at 4am designing a team. The selection? It's Javier Mascherano and 10 more." Maradona

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #18 on: April 1, 2008, 10:27:10 pm »
Bet 1: £100 on Tipsarevic to beat Johansson @ 2/5 (in play with Tips a break up in the first set) = £140
Bet 2: £140 on Birdshit to beat Tursunov @ 4/9 = £202.22
Bet 3: £202.22 on Nadal to win 2-0 (Set Betting) @ 1/3 (in-play, end of first set) = Bet Pending

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 1, 2008, 10:53:14 pm »
Poor start by me.... Will try tomorrow.... :)

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2008, 01:12:16 am »
Bet 2. Roddick to beat Benneteau @ 2/9 144.44 returns 176.54

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2008, 02:35:10 am »
Bet 3: £202.22 on Nadal to win 2-0 (Set Betting) @ 1/3 (in-play, end of first set) = £269.63
Bet 4: £269.63 on Roddick to beat Benny @ 1/4 (in-play, *3-3 15-30 on Roddick's serve) = Bet Pending

Smaller than I wanted but I wasn't prepare to take the risk on a straight sets victory for Roddick.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 2, 2008, 02:47:25 am »
Good choice.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #23 on: April 2, 2008, 03:05:52 am »
It's all going tits up here.

Shouldn't have bothered. Had planned Birdshit to be my next bet.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 2, 2008, 03:14:32 am »
Roddick will win this.

Offline RedStevie1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 2, 2008, 03:34:31 am »
Roddick will win this.

Starting to look better now

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #26 on: April 2, 2008, 01:27:13 pm »
Oh me of little faith.

Bet 3: £202.22 on Nadal to win 2-0 (Set Betting) @ 1/3 (in-play, end of first set) = £269.63
Bet 4: £269.63 on Roddick to beat Benny @ 1/4 (in-play, *3-3 15-30 on Roddick's serve) = £337.04

Nadal has me somewhat intrested at 1/2 now that he's beaten Blake once and can 'get over' that mental barrier. Courts are slower than they were at Indian Wells, meaning that's something that also favours Roger. He's got a good track record in Miami, where as Blake's bar a 1/4 final appearance is rather poor here for the last 5 years. The fizz will be taken off his serve as well so I reckon that Nadal's the play to make.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 2, 2008, 02:23:35 pm »
Try again:

1) Davydenko (vs Tipsarevic) £100 @ 1.54 = £154

« Last Edit: April 3, 2008, 10:42:03 pm by The G in Gerrard »

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 2, 2008, 04:44:29 pm »

Bet 3. Berdych to beat Andreev @ 1/3 176.54 returns 235.39

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #29 on: April 2, 2008, 04:51:47 pm »

Nothing else catch your eye seeing as they're not due on until 2am?

Wouldn't mind hearing yours or anyone elses' thoughts on the Blake-Nadal game.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 2, 2008, 06:35:39 pm »
Im just pretty confident on Berdych, would be surprised if he lost, not shocked as it still is Berdych playing but hes been good this week and Andreev is no great shakes.

Blake-Nadal will be tight I think. The courts are slower this week and that will suit Nadal big time. And after he beat Blake last week on faster courts you would think this will be easier for him, but Blake impressed me yesterday and I think its going to be another 3 setter and although I think Nadal will win Im more confident of Berdych taking out Andreev.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #31 on: April 2, 2008, 06:47:25 pm »
I've decided to Jank it up.

Bet 4: £269.63 on Roddick to beat Benny @ 1/4 (in-play, *3-3 15-30 on Roddick's serve) = £337.04
Bet 5: £337.04 on Jankovic to beat Dementieva @ 1/5 (in-play, *5-1 JJ in the first set) = Bet Pending

I was going to take straight sets.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #32 on: April 2, 2008, 06:48:59 pm »
Im just pretty confident on Berdych, would be surprised if he lost, not shocked as it still is Berdych playing but hes been good this week and Andreev is no great shakes.

Blake-Nadal will be tight I think. The courts are slower this week and that will suit Nadal big time. And after he beat Blake last week on faster courts you would think this will be easier for him, but Blake impressed me yesterday and I think its going to be another 3 setter and although I think Nadal will win Im more confident of Berdych taking out Andreev.

Always good to hear your thoughts. I'm confident on Nadal and will be making him bet 6.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 2, 2008, 06:53:15 pm »
Good luck. I think he'll win for you. Very interesting match anyway, but one im happy to record and enjoy later ;)

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #34 on: April 2, 2008, 07:40:50 pm »
Fuck off, fuck right off.

Bloody bet got cancelled.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #35 on: April 3, 2008, 02:27:58 pm »
Still pissed off about JJ yesterday, so annoying when people retire on you're on the person who's pissing it.

Would be on 606 quid by now if she hadn't fucked off.

Bet 5: £337.04 on Jankovic to beat Dementieva @ 1/5 (in-play, *5-1 JJ in the first set) = Bet Cancelled (Dementieva retiring at 1-6, 1-3. *0-30)
Bet 5: £337.04 on Nadal to beat Blake @ 1/2 = £505.56

Unsure about today. I'm not touching either of the two bloke's matches as Fed is too short and Davydenko has done nothing to inspire confidence in his ability on this court during the week.

Nadal'll be on I'll pursue tomorrow. Didn't think Birdshit played all that well last night from what I saw. I'll admit to have only watching the first set but he never looked like threatening on Andreev's serve before he got the break. Was really out of the blue for me.

Aside from this challenge, I think Jankovic is underpriced so I'll be laying her during the night.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 3, 2008, 03:13:21 pm »
Horrible when that happens. Never seems to go your way either.

Bet 4. Davydenko to beat Tipsarevic @ 8/15 235.39 returns 360.93

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #37 on: April 3, 2008, 04:52:02 pm »
Bet 5: £337.04 on Jankovic to beat Dementieva @ 1/5 (in-play, *5-1 JJ in the first set) = Bet Cancelled (Dementieva retiring at 1-6, 1-3, *0-30)
Bet 5: £337.04 on Nadal to beat Blake @ 1/2 = £505.56
Bet 6: £505.56 on Serena Williams to beat Kuznetsova @ 2/5 = Bet Pending

... and Bet 7 will be Nadal tomorrow at the present moment.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #38 on: April 3, 2008, 06:56:40 pm »
Though I was bitching about it earlier, I'd quite like to see a retirement here.

;) ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 3, 2008, 10:42:14 pm »
Try again:

1) Davydenko (vs Tipsarevic) £100 @ 1.54 = £154

2) Jankovic (vs Zvonareva) £154 @ 1.5 = £231