Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Hull - Saturday September 24, 15:00  (Read 38327 times)

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Hull - Saturday September 24, 15:00
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:05:53 pm »

Hull

The second team visiting Anfield this season is Hull, famous for being mentioned in Panic by The Smiths. I wonder to myself, has there ever been a more perfectly aligned collection of syllables in pop music than when The Moz lines up a few provincial towns with casual abandon in the second verse?

Hull City A.F.C. was formed in 1904 in Kingston upon Hull, and have spent most of its time in the lower divisions in English football. As recently as 1999 the club was on the brink of relegation from the Football League, but ultimately saved the contract with only a few games to spare. Less than ten years later, in 2008, Hull played their first ever game in the top flight. Their ascent from the bottom division of the Football League to the top division of English football in just five seasons is the third-fastest ever. During their first tenure in the top flight, their greatest feat was to include Jimmy Bullard in the team.

Rather recently, chairman Assem Allam failed, after massive fan protests, in his attempt to change the name of the club to Hull City Tigers, and later Hull Tigers, because "in marketing, the shorter the name the more powerful it is." He also stated in an interview that "in a few years many clubs will follow and change their names to something more interesting and I will have proved I am a leader". Well, either that, or that you're a complete muppet. Allam then added that if he were the owner of Manchester City, he would change their name to "Manchester Hunter."

After assorted calamity in the weeks leading up to the season, with Steve Bruce quitting as manager and the club being up for sale, Hull barely had a fit senior team to put on the field. That didn't seem to bother the lads on the pitch as they beat champions Leicester on the opening weekend, followed by an equally impressive win against Swansea the week after. Since then however, they only managed one point from three games, but being above safety after five rounds is probably a quite decent result all things considered.

Liverpool

With the Burnley debacle looking more and more like a fluke as opposed to a warning sign, Liverpool is coming up the hill in style. With 7 points from last years top 3 (which quite easily could have been 9), and a well deserved victory at Stamford Bridge we're once again looking like a well oiled machine working down the opposition with force, flair, and togetherness. It's much easier to play well if you get on well with your team mates, and Klopp has certainly instilled that feel good factor and camaraderie needed to go that extra mile, that extra push.

After outplaying Derby leading up to this game, the idea that we can't beat the "lesser" teams seems more and more like a myth. Emre Can got some minutes under his belt after recovering from injury. Is he fit enough to get a place in the starting XI? Karius made his Liverpool debut against Derby and kept a clean sheet. He didn't have a lot to do, but his claim for first choice is just starting. Surely he was bought by Klopp as the number one. Alberto Moreno was also back, but surely Milner will start ahead of him come Saturday?

It seems that we can rest any one of Mané, Firmino, Sturridge, or Coutinho these days and still come away with a great result whilst playing well. Gone are the days when either of Torres, Suarez, Gerrard, or Sturridge were injured and we panicked. In the same vein, Emre Can can come in for Henderson, and either Origi or Ings can do the job as a single striker should both Firmino and Sturridge be unavailable. Klavan is quite solid as a back-up, and we still have Sakho and Gomez to return. Even so, how about those Brazilian lads teaming up with Mané, having Henderson and Lallana coming from behind and mixing it up. It's been a while since we looked this strong and solid. Tough as fuck but with so much finesse and technique to boot.

But as Jean-Paul Sartre once said, "in football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team". If we start to take anything for granted, that is the moment when we'll go down. If we're not running as if our life depended on it we'll have a hard time to keep up with this great start.

Liverpool v Hull

Liverpool and Hull have met in a total of 17 times. Up until 2013 Liverpool were unbeaten by Hull in all competitions (W10, D3). That year we travelled to the KC Stadium, since then rebranded as the KCOM Stadium, and lost 3-1, after goals by Livermore, Meyler, and an own goal by Skrtel. Gerrard's equalizer didn't count for anything that time. The last four meetings between the clubs have ended with two wins for Hull, one draw, and one Liverpool win. That second win which was also the last meeting between the clubs, took place in April 28th last year, with Hull winning by the odd goal scored by Michael Dawson's head.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ukn0D5DLYxg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ukn0D5DLYxg</a>

With Liverpool winning at Chelsea, Manchester certainly has a lot to answer for after falling to Watford. Let's keep this up so we can keep look down on United in the table.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:26:38 pm by telekon »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Hull - Saturday September 24, 15:00
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 11:06:12 pm »
Big thanks to Tits for the stats.  ;D
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 11:16:50 pm »
Great OP.

The only selection dilemma is Sturridge or Coutinho?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:19:52 pm »
Great OP.

The only selection dilemma is Sturridge or Coutinho?

The fact Coutinho came off quite early tonight leads me to think he'll play on Saturday.

Good OP too, Telekon.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:21:23 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 11:19:53 pm »
This is a real test for us as we've slipped in these types of matches before. I got all the confidence in the world in our side when we're playing top teams, but I'm more anxious about these types of fixtures as they have become our Achilles heel in recent years.

Mane will start for sure, and I'm inclined to think that Firmino will as well. Which leaves either Coutinho or Sturridge. 

Offline KingOfStrongStyle

• Anny Roader
  • Dub Nation!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 11:37:07 pm »
Should be winning this no excuses, anything but a comfortable victory would be disappointing

I think the score will be 4-0, Daniel to get his first league goal of the season and Mane to be on the scoresheet as well

I think the consistent reminders of us not being able to beat the lesser sides, will be in the players minds and they will be looking to prove the doubters wrong.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 11:56:52 pm »
Should be winning this no excuses, anything but a comfortable victory would be disappointing

I think the score will be 4-0, Daniel to get his first league goal of the season and Mane to be on the scoresheet as well

I think the consistent reminders of us not being able to beat the lesser sides, will be in the players minds and they will be looking to prove the doubters wrong.

Anything then less than a comfortable victory is disappointing? What are we Barcelona? This is a bloody difficult game and league, there are no easy fixtures, in any way shape or form. I'll take a fluky 1-0 win in the 89th minute, as long as we win.

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 12:02:33 am »
That stand - every time i see it  :lickin; What a difference it makes, what an incentive and opportunity to go on a blistering unbeaten home run. put them to the sword and build on this excellent progress this year.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 12:04:25 am »
This is the real acid test in my opinion. We've done very well against the likes of the Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester, but this is were we usually screw up. You only have to look at Burnley. These have been a massive bogey team for us. It's beating these sort of sides that's going to make a massive difference in where we finish come May

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 12:06:29 am »
This is a real test for us as we've slipped in these types of matches before. I got all the confidence in the world in our side when we're playing top teams, but I'm more anxious about these types of fixtures as they have become our Achilles heel in recent years.

Mane will start for sure, and I'm inclined to think that Firmino will as well. Which leaves either Coutinho or Sturridge.

Yep the time is now - good opportunity to put the record of lesser teams behind us..   

also yeah not sure on sturridge or coutinho - i'd like to see sturridge start. maybe couts on later

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 01:01:46 am »
I like Hull City. They've got a solid first team and good supporters. I really hope they can defy the odds and stay up, then find a new owner. There's a real danger that the progress they've made since 1999 is about to unravel.

All that said, there's no excuse for not winning at home against these. They'll give us a game but we should have the measure of them. 2-0 to Liverpool.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 03:34:21 am »
The term "just win" springs to mind.

Think we'll have a lot of possession which is why Mane will be such a crucial addition for us.

Jurgen will have the headache of trying to pick three out of Phil, Bob, Studge and Mane, but like many said in the lead-up to the Chelsea match - it's a nice headache to have.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 03:38:44 am »
This is the real acid test in my opinion. We've done very well against the likes of the Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester, but this is were we usually screw up. You only have to look at Burnley. These have been a massive bogey team for us. It's beating these sort of sides that's going to make a massive difference in where we finish come May
If the team can't get a result against Hull we probably don't have the right to complain about the position at the end of the season.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 03:50:38 am »
Excellent OP, thanks. Although I'm not sure the residents of Dublin will thank you for labeling it a provincial town...

On today's evidence, Can isn't ready to start on the weekend. Hopefully he'll make the bench and get a bit more playing time.
Migs will stay as first choice between the sticks for the meantime and Milner will be back, left back. 

As to who starts up front, Klopp only knows. Great to have such a strong squad, mostly injury free.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 04:41:44 am »
Right now there is already unease and nervousness over the fact that the team is clearly gelling together and playing well.

It is time to get a good head of steam and momentum going...if the team can methodically and professionally crush Hull and trounce them convincingly, it will create real fear in the hearts of our next opponents and so on...

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 07:02:05 am »
If the team can't get a result against Hull we probably don't have the right to complain about the position at the end of the season.

I remember when we lost 3-1 to these then went and nearly won the league. Early days still, but of course, these games we need to win if we're to have high ambitions.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 07:47:08 am »
Whole week we had articles like how we have changed , This is a new reds team etc.

This is the game i'm looking forward to . If we beat these and swansea This team has that winning mentality if not same old stuff, Flatter to deceive

Hull will go full defensive i guess. Curtis Davies was immense in most of their games. Lets see how we fare.

Lets do this

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 08:24:40 am »
If we win this then we're in serious business, ladies and gentlemen. Unfortunately I'm expecting a draw.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 09:12:07 am »
Nice OP.

Think it's important we start this at a fast pace so the Hull defence can't settle or get comfortable. Really hope either Sturridge or Origi start through the middle as we look more threatening with a proper centre forward who stretches the defence and makes room for others.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 09:22:05 am »
I remember when we lost 3-1 to these then went and nearly won the league. Early days still, but of course, these games we need to win if we're to have high ambitions.

They beat us the last time we faced them (and thrice in a row at their place) and all I could remember was seeing the Hull fans do their "mauled by the tigers" thing.

Not going to be bitter about it but would love to play them off the park.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 09:32:12 am »
Still on the first page. Obviously the overconfidence is strong in here; normally there will already be 5 pages of tactics, bickering about the lineup, expectations, strategy, the importance to the campaign, Taylor Swift, demands for humble pie and more bickering about the line up.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 09:41:26 am »
Nice one, Svenskan! Great read.
All the big philosophers too - didn't realise Strabismus Satre was up to speed on the beautiful game like his buddy Camus.

Offline Addy

• Kemlynite
  • Gerrard. Legend.
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 09:51:37 am »
This is the sort of match where I believe Liverpool could do with scoring early.

I've noticed over the past couple of seasons, we've had games we've dominated (in terms of possession and chances) but if we fail to make that breakthrough, we sometimes seem to get frustrated and run out of ideas against teams who start to sit deeper and deeper, happy for the 0-0.

We now have the perfect setup for exploiting an early advantage. A goal within the first 10 to 20 minutes forces the opposition to open up a little more and push up a a little more. With the likes of Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge, Lallana, Mane etc. we can exploit this space better than nearly any other team in the PL in my opinion (I'd say Man City are right up there for this looking at how they've started the season).

If we're 0-0 after 35 mins, I'll be happy with a 1-0. If we're 1-0 inside 20 mins, it could be 4 or 5.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 10:01:14 am »
Might start getting overexcited if we win this. I love this early glow of optimism. We look very good. Please don't bring us down to earth with a thud.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 10:03:38 am »
For the love of God, just win. And if we for whatever reason can't break them down, come away with a 0-0 at the very worst.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 10:15:53 am »
At the risk of sounding like the Evertonian who remarked getting drubbed by Liverpool 4-nil might actually be a good thing, the Burnley result burst our hype bubble early and removed the pressure of the "100%" record.  It has kept us below the radar with the pundits thinking we have just reverted to type.

For myself I expect a good win.  It's okay to be confident, even over confident.  People are just scared because they've been let down and hurt so many times in the past.  But you're not on the pitch; and the people who are have Jürgen Klopp to keep their feet on the ground and common sense in their heads.

So be as confident as you like.  Expect goals.  Expect a clean sheet.  Start believing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 10:25:56 am »
Great OP.

We can put these to the sword, the cream-coloured phonebox heathens.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 10:36:16 am »
Looking forward to it. Nicely sandwiched between United/Leicester and Chelsea/Arsenal; fingers crossed it'll be another weekend where we win and a few of our rivals don't.

A few selection headaches for Klopp, for sure. The biggest one is up front. The way Phil and Firmino combined last night it would be very difficult not to start either. But let's not forget that Firmino has looked at his best with either Origi or Sturridge on the pitch this season.

In that case, I just wonder, with Hull almost certain to sit very deep, is this a match for Mane to be unleashed from the bench at some stage? It seemed unthinkable a few weeks ago, but it's great to have four top players fighting for three positions. I honestly don't know what I'd do!

Some may argue Moreno could be useful in this match but I'd stick with Milner. His crossing will be an asset although I think we should look for cut backs as opposed to lofting them in too often as Davies and Maguire are very good aerially.

On the floor, however, Maguire should be got at as much as possible. Central midfielder Jake Livermore has been keeping him out of the side at CB as, while reasonably talented, Maguire can be rather cumbersome. Part of me thinks we should go 4-4-2-ish in order for one of Firmino or Sturridge to be on him rather than allowing Davies to be the sole man marker.

And then the 'keeper. Mignolet for me, as I don't believe he deserves to be dropped, but if Klopp thinks Karius' better use of his feet can give us an edge, who am I to argue?

I'd expect to see Lallana and/or Wijnaldum dropping deeper than usual as I suspect Meyler will look to be close to Henderson at all times. We need to ensure we are still getting bodies forward if this happens; hopefully there'll be plenty of midfield rotation.

Still on the first page. Obviously the overconfidence is strong in here; normally there will already be 5 pages of tactics, bickering about the lineup, expectations, strategy, the importance to the campaign, Taylor Swift, demands for humble pie and more bickering about the line up.

Might have something to do with us having a game last night.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:38:43 am by bcurtis92 »

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2016, 10:40:27 am »
Like always, expecting a win.

2 or 3-0 I'm going for.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 10:47:30 am »
Hopefully resounding 3-0 or 4-0 win to get this damn Burnley result out of system.

I expect Hull to lineup in a 4-6-0 formation,but once we get that first goal we will dismantle them with our quick passing and movement.

Would like to see Karius play in this game.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 11:39:38 am »
If Arsenal can score four past this lot, we should be aiming for at least 5. Mane with all please - fantasy points are needed!

All seriousness, there is little in their team that should worry us - they may try and sit tight and hope we can't break them down, but at home you'd hope we can. I'd say our attacking force should be too much for them. I'd imagine maybe starting with the same 11 that started against Chelsea - Firmino and Can to come into the game on the hour mark.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 11:45:10 am »
anything but a comfortable victory would be disappointing

Don’t know why anyone thinks this way.

We all want us to play scintillating football. We all want us to batter every team in sight. I just think it’s a dangerous thing to expect comfortable wins. Football doesn’t work that way.

Hull is going to be a really tough game. They’ll come organised, well drilled and with a game plan to frustrate us. It’s a big test for us – the manager, the players and the fans. A test where we may need patience both on and off the pitch. My biggest gripe with the Burnley game wasn’t the defending. It was how we lost our heads when attacking a packed defence. The players lost patience really quickly and tried to force things too much. Do the players feel too much pressure to perform when things go wrong?

One thing this team needs to learn is how to react to setbacks within a game. We don’t generally react well and over the last few seasons the propensity for us to concede one goal and that to lead to more goals seems an obvious example. The fans can help with this by showing patience and support when things don’t go smoothly. Fans expecting comfortable wins every game are more likely to get frustrated more easily. It’s a fine line between expectation and enthusiasm.And it’s one we need to tread carefully as a fanbase.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 12:00:12 pm »
Always amuses me that Hull were refused permission to change their name but still refer to themselves as The Tigers on their official website - http://www.hullcitytigers.com/

Either way, we'll send these and their balloon-popping manager home with fuck all.   :D

Up The Reds!
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 12:10:04 pm »
As jason mcateer said on the match coverage last night, we have a nice run of fixtures over the next month or so. We need to aim for maximum points starting on Saturday!

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 12:11:37 pm »
We'll batter them. Then all the people saying this is the huge test as we struggle v shit teams will say this win doesnt tell us anything as it was v a shit team.

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 12:18:36 pm »
Need a win regardless of the matter in which we do it.  Since we are at home anything less would be a disappointment.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2016, 12:21:20 pm »
Need to be winning home matches against these sorts of sides.

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2016, 12:21:24 pm »
Going for a comprehensive 3-0 win for us.  We looked rather tasty at against Leicester and followed that up with a very impressive win at Chelsea, so hopefully we can keep the league momentum going.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2016, 12:26:50 pm »
If Sturridge is fit this is the sort of game he has to start because his ability to get shots off in tight spaces is invaluable against teams that sit deep and defend in numbers.

Would be tempted to try Coutinho as one of the midfield 3 for this one given the opposition and given we should expect to dominate possession and territory but it would be a little harsh on Wijnaldum and given he was rested yesterday i'm sure he'll play.

As others have said it seems like the only question at the moment is the make up of the front 3, personally i'd go with Sturridge, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho is not a bad player to bring off the bench. Really interested to see how Mane helps us in this type of game, hopefully his ability to accelerate over very short distances and commit defenders will give us a different dimension, that sort of directness was certainly missed against Burnley.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2016, 12:27:14 pm »
As jason mcateer said on the match coverage last night, we have a nice run of fixtures over the next month or so. We need to aim for maximum points starting on Saturday!
The thing is the run of five games we just played are our hardest games on paper but we last season we took 11-points from them and this season we got 10-points.

The five games we have coming up we took two points from last season (substituting Hull for Norwich - both come up through the play-offs) so it's these 'easier' game son paper we've struggled in.

That's why we've got to start this with a high tempo and not give them a chance to get comfortably like Burnley did. We need pace and movement up front to pull them around which is why I hope Sturridge or Origi start.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."