Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 203536 times)

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #360 on: April 8, 2014, 05:41:42 pm »
Remember when he bossed Yaya Toure at Anfield before his first injury?  That was boss.  He was boss.  Boss.

I think our team bossed them that day, not just Allen.  Shelvey and Gerrard were equally as important that day.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: April 8, 2014, 05:44:57 pm »
I think our team bossed them that day, not just Allen.  Shelvey and Gerrard were equally as important that day.

I think he meant Lucas.

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: April 8, 2014, 05:49:32 pm »
Control Yaya Toure, control the game. Lucas must start

I agree. Lucas all the way, especially with what he showed last outing. I think Rodgers has instilled an offensive mentality in all our players, which elevates Lucas' game to another level.

Allen to start against Norwich for me.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: April 8, 2014, 05:53:09 pm »
Think Rodgers may mix,  433 first 20 mins, fast start, use the crowd, switch to diamond there after. 
I think that's the call. He will want to use the crowd and get a fast start, if Silva starts running the game and they get the ball I think we'll see the diamond to close up the inside forward positions.

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: April 8, 2014, 06:05:05 pm »
I think he meant Lucas.

I did yeah.  Game finished 0-0, think Hart made a brilliant save from Carroll near the end.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: April 8, 2014, 06:09:19 pm »
Win this, win the league.

Simple as that.  I'm going to be absolutely bricking it by gametime.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 8, 2014, 06:12:08 pm »
Rodgers said he wanted Allen to start against West Ham didn't he? To combat their midfield? That'd suggest to me he'd be planning the same against City, though Lucas's great performance may have changed that since.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: April 8, 2014, 06:13:22 pm »
I think he meant Lucas.

Ah that makes sense.  ;D
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #368 on: April 8, 2014, 06:18:21 pm »
Rodgers said he wanted Allen to start against West Ham didn't he? To combat their midfield? That'd suggest to me he'd be planning the same against City, though Lucas's great performance may have changed that since.

I doubt it really - if Allen is fit he deserves to start based on the season both have had and what's required in the game. Allen's mobility and ability to press high is priceless in this

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #369 on: April 8, 2014, 06:34:18 pm »
I doubt it really - if Allen is fit he deserves to start based on the season both have had and what's required in the game. Allen's mobility and ability to press high is priceless in this

I would agree. I think Allens energy and ability to snap around Yaya Toure could get us a good foothold in the game the same way we did at the Etihad.  wouldn't be disappointed if Lucas starts but it's horses for courses and I thin Allen is a better fit for this game.

I would pretty much go with the same team that played at City, except maybe swap Coutinho with Sturridge and Cissohko with Flanagan.

I have no doubts that we will dominate the majority of the game,..my nerves at this stage revolve around us putting the ball in the net and making the most of that dominance.

The atmosphere will be incredible,..so jealous of anyone that will get to go and witness our biggest league game for years.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: April 8, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »
One of the great things about Rafa was that in big, big games, he was quite willing to go for substance over style, regardless of whether it was a home or away game. Some games, you just have to do what you need to do to win. If we were to set up more defensively, concede possession a bit more than we like to, clog the middle where City are strong, and rely on the 3v2 you talk about to get us a goal, then we might be in for a frustrating game from an entertainment point of view, but a brilliant outcome in terms of the result. I think almost all Liverpool supporters would accept that trade-off at this point of the season. For me, as an avid supporter and believer in Rodgers from the very first day, if he were to win this game in a pure tactical sense, then that would just elevate him to a whole new level of management. It would be a great precursor to next season in the Champions League.

If we go into the game in an attacking 4-3-3 betting our attack versus theirs, it will be a very entertaining game for all who watch - but I think the result might end up hinging on a few mistakes, rather than any sort of dominance from either side. Our home form versus City's away form would suggest we are slight favourites, but in big games like these, the form book doesn't usually apply.

If we set up in the diamond, I think it will be a very tense game to be a part of (as spectator, coach or player), but I also think we'll generate a lot more control of it than if we simply try to outscore them

What about a 4-3-3 but with Allen in for Coutinho as opposed to the attacking 4-3-3 we've used in wins against Arsenal, Everton and Spurs? In those games Coutinho played instead of Allen

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #371 on: April 8, 2014, 06:41:43 pm »
I can't cope with the wait and its only Tuesday I'm far too young to be going grey with worry! But saying that we should beat them just wish Sunday would hurry up.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: April 8, 2014, 07:46:10 pm »
I did yeah.  Game finished 0-0, think Hart made a brilliant save from Carroll near the end.

1-1 wasn't it? Kompany, Adam.

Lucas dominated Silva and Toure superbly that day and was coming into form of his life before the injury at Chelsea derailed our season.

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: April 8, 2014, 07:50:38 pm »

Lucas dominated Silva and Toure superbly that day and was coming into form of his life before the injury at Chelsea derailed our season.

I stand corrected.  But yes Lucas was immense that game.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: April 8, 2014, 07:54:56 pm »
in what game City struggled the most this season?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #375 on: April 8, 2014, 07:57:55 pm »
Against us at The Etihad. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 8, 2014, 08:01:00 pm »

Chelsea at home?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #377 on: April 8, 2014, 08:01:26 pm »
Control Yaya Toure, control the game. Lucas must start

Control David Silva & Toure.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #378 on: April 8, 2014, 08:03:12 pm »

They have struggled in a few away games this season. Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland come to mind. Basically, just make the atmosphere as loud and intimidating as possible and I think they will struggle.

They aren't going to sit back and just let us have a go because they know defeat will put them 7 points further back. They'll come out and play, and try and win. Which actually suits us better.
YWNA

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #379 on: April 8, 2014, 08:05:53 pm »

'Twas my first, only, but not my last visit to Anfield for this, so of course I remember it vividly.  Also in that match Balotelli was sent off on a red card in the second half, coming on as a substitute no less.  We put the pressure on late but just couldn't get the winner.  And yes, Lucas was bossing the midfield that day
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #380 on: April 8, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »
Think it will be a high scoring game this one with Liverpool coming out on top in a 6-0 scoreline  :lickin

Cannot wait.

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #381 on: April 8, 2014, 08:37:33 pm »
Atmosphere and pressure will stress them too much and they won't be able to play their typical football. This game is gonna be a lot like the arsenal game i believe. Were gonna come out of the woodwork with all we have.
Seen us win everything

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #382 on: April 8, 2014, 09:10:32 pm »
What a disappointing OP!  Didn't get me pumped as the usual scribes do, fell asleep after seeing sleeping and sleep in the same sentence,  who decides on the OP scribe??

Anyway, fuck it, this(along with the next 5) could all be the biggest games we've had in some of our lifetimes, makes dream!

Obviously a wind up. If you need a post to get you 'pumped' for this game then you obviously don't understand football.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #383 on: April 8, 2014, 09:13:00 pm »
What a disappointing OP!  Didn't get me pumped as the usual scribes do, fell asleep after seeing sleeping and sleep in the same sentence,  who decides on the OP scribe??

Anyway, fuck it, this(along with the next 5) could all be the biggest games we've had in some of our lifetimes, makes dream!

Must be a wind up. Maybe you should do the next one?

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #384 on: April 8, 2014, 09:24:38 pm »
Man City players are only human, when their defence in particular are defending the Kop goal the kop have to make such a noise that Hart and co can hardly concentrate/communciate.

Having '12' men against 11 is unfair, so let's make that '12' man count and roar us on to a victory which I believe will be enough to win the title.

Winning game after game will knock the stuffing out of our rivals, that's why I believe if we win this one, we will go on to be Champions.

So come on you famous kopites, it's over to you!!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline miserable_red_goat

• Boys Pen
« Reply #385 on: April 8, 2014, 09:58:02 pm »
i think the fans will need to scare the poop out of the man city players like we did against chelsea in the champions league. 90 minutes of pure intensity, cheering and mocking every misplaced city pass.lets hope the fans are not too old now to provide this atmosphere.

sterling and coutinho need to start, i feel a rare double strike from both.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #386 on: April 8, 2014, 10:00:09 pm »
If you need an example of how a crowd can intimidate a team look no further than Dortmund Madrid today. If the atmosphere on Sunday can rival that we'll have 'em.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
« Reply #387 on: April 8, 2014, 10:12:44 pm »
If you need an example of how a crowd can intimidate a team look no further than Dortmund Madrid today. If the atmosphere on Sunday can rival that we'll have 'em.

This is what we are all about everyone I know who goes the game can't wait for Sunday already. This will be the best atmosphere in any football ground since the premier league was formed.
The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #388 on: April 8, 2014, 10:15:03 pm »

Loved that game, Lucas had the game of his entire career.
:D

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #389 on: April 8, 2014, 10:24:57 pm »
Fuck it.  We deserve the title and we'll get it!

Liverpool 3-1 city
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #390 on: April 8, 2014, 10:41:17 pm »
Not sure how im going to handle the nerves for this. Last sunday near killed me.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #391 on: April 8, 2014, 10:49:49 pm »
PoP, although I get your point. I don't think it would be the case in this fixture. If we were to concede possession to City, they would have the quality to hurt us. We haven't looked too vulnerable whilst trying to take in pressure, in most matches, agreed. But, City simply have the quality to break us down (defensively) if we set up in that manner. On the other hand, if we were to play someone like Allen in midfield, who pressures excellently and wins the ball back for us at regular intervals, then we may just have the upper hand. Mind you, this is a game that we need to win more than City. (To have our fate in our own hands I mean)

P.S. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kompany or Dimechellis (I pray to god he plays him), send off for that matter. Then he would have to sacrifice, one of either Silva or Nasri :P
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #392 on: April 8, 2014, 10:52:20 pm »
PoP, although I get your point. I don't think it would be the case in this fixture. If we were to concede possession to City, they would have the quality to hurt us. We haven't looked too vulnerable whilst trying to take in pressure, in most matches, agreed. But, City simply have the quality to break us down (defensively) if we set up in that manner. On the other hand, if we were to play someone like Allen in midfield, who pressures excellently and wins the ball back for us at regular intervals, then we may just have the upper hand. Mind you, this is a game that we need to win more than City. (To have our fate in our own hands I mean)

P.S. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kompany or Dimechellis (I pray to god he plays him), send off for that matter. Then he would have to sacrifice, one of either Silva or Nasri :P

I said "concede possession a bit more than we like to". I didn't mean concede it the way Moyes did against Bayern. I meant we play a less expansive diamond midfield and try to play more in the transitions than trying to dominate possession
Better looking than Samie.

Offline ash2001

• Klop up front, Chan in goal & Milner in defence.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #393 on: April 8, 2014, 10:54:28 pm »
If watch Manchester city, you will find a certain way of playing when they come wide, they always cross the ball between the 18 yard and the 6 yards lines. they do it all the time. Arsenal knew that and manage to stop them. You have to be aware of that and midfield must cover these area.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #395 on: April 8, 2014, 11:02:01 pm »
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #396 on: April 8, 2014, 11:03:39 pm »
Nice interview. Seems a passionate lad. Voila.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #397 on: April 8, 2014, 11:06:27 pm »
Start measuring him up for an armband.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #398 on: April 8, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-vs-manchester-city-mamadou-3390496

Sakho is up for it.

"I felt like a lion before the match. It had been four months and I was hungry to come back strongly."

Bloody hell. I like him even more now.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2014, 11:32:32 pm by SportBilly »
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline cadders1975

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #399 on: April 8, 2014, 11:25:06 pm »
I agree. Lucas all the way, especially with what he showed last outing. I think Rodgers has instilled an offensive mentality in all our players, which elevates Lucas' game to another level.

Allen to start against Norwich for me.

A bit of a winger I agree in advance, but does anyone else think this May be the game where Brendan plays Lucas holding with Stevie moving further forward? Stevie's passing game would be closer to the last 3rd of the pitch to release our attacking 3, he runs a higher risk of a booking potentially but leading into the Norwich game would that be the end of the world and he would be first tackle against Yaya, which would make him think twice and stop him getting into his stride.

For me, I think Lucas and Allen  would be dominated 1 vs 1 on Toure, with Stevie I don't have the same worry and this is potentially the pivotal area of the game. Dominating midfield stifles the supply to Aguero and pushes Silva and Nasri to drop deeper to get possession giving our defence more chance to set.

If it didn't work or we were ahead and his legs tired, then it would be an easy switch to revert back to a previous formation we have used and Gerrards adaptability would incorporate the possibility?

This could be the biggest game of the season with their games in hand