Author Topic: Fox News - Tucker's Fucked.  (Read 306463 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Fox News - still lying to the planet.
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2006, 06:29:24 pm »
So I bet you have a problem with Budweiser "The King of Beers".

I do .   It's fuckin' shite.....
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2006, 06:33:33 pm »
If Jeremy would have said these are my views and have nothing to do with my Father..then he would have been able to go on. 

Nah!   Thats Luke Skywalker mate.....

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2006, 07:31:04 pm »
Nah!   Thats Luke Skywalker mate.....

I sometimes think you don't take these things seriously...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2006, 12:12:42 am »
no need for the debate really - fox - spawn of murdoch - and its broadcast to...in the words of greenday 'the idiot nation'

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2006, 12:52:28 am »
America's Sweetheart has it right...and i've mentioned it before. That people think and feel on their own.

We have freedom of choice over here as to what channel we can watch. As do probably you. How long has CNN International been around? You don't want any American spin on news do you? Or only a channel you don't see eye to eye with.

And your arguments are going on deaf ears because The O'Reilly show--is not, never has been, and never claims to be a "news" program. It is an "opinion" program. As you don't like O'Reily's style, don't watch. But you'd be missing a lot. As his show is the top most watched opinion program on nightly tv.

So most of your arguments have a wrong premise to begin with.

Now back to the Jeremy Glick bit... as i realize you won't get much background or the entire story from some of the websites you may peruse...

O'Reilly tried to get Jeremy to discuss his father and his fathers view point. If you really want the whole story..go back in time and you will find out Jeremy Glick had made the rounds on various tv shows before ever going on Fox News. Various other morning shows, other opinion shows, etc. Spouted his stuff and not once did any of the other channels ask what were his Dads views.

Step in O'Reilly. Who does have a research team and has his data and info at hand. He had the info that Glicks father was not a radical like his son. Did not hold the same "world views".

O'Reilly told Jeremy he was entitled to his views. But that wasn't why he was invited to the show. Jeremy knew why he was there and took the oportunity to get his licks in. It was more important to him to spout his lines than discuss his Fathers view point. Which is why O'Reilly said " Hope your mother isn't watching". because his staff had interviewed her and co-workers who were still around.

The other channels let him spout his stuff and he mentioned his Dad didn't vote for Bush as though that alone was enough not to ask any more about his Dad. Inferring his dad would have signed the petition as well.

This is where O'Reilly was headed. His Dad was not the radical like his son is.

Jeremy got his 15 minutes of fame making the tv rounds. He got the notoriety for the Ad because he was a "victims son" so it added gravitas to the story. It got the ad mentioned on various tv programs. ( Anything to jab Bush will do and this story was to good to turn down).

Which is why I asked anyone in this forum to do some background checking and find out where Jeremy's dad held the same views as the son. Jeremy never had any proof. Not after the show, not before the show. He was boxed in and he knew his only way out was to avoid the question, change the subject to his view points. You start "spinning" on his show, he calls you out on it. and you see the result.

And I have no problem invoking my own son into this debate. Should some tragedy befall me and he went out and did something similar and got his 15 minutes of fame..he better state those are his views and not mine. Because the rest of the family and plenty of people who know me would know he was using ME to gain his own bit of fame and lying on my grave to do it. ( However, I do have enough confidence in my son he'd never do that.)

And for the record my son voted for Kerry in the last election.

But I ask you..if a son joined the military and wanted to be the next Rambo--and his Dad an anti-war type guy was killed in a terrorist attack and his son signed a petition to blast the bad guys back to the stone age to avenge his Dads death and he made the rounds as a gungho hero on various tv shows.....

It would be alright with you lot and you'd see nothing wrong..and no one should call him on what his fathers view points were and how he was using his fathers situation to further his own.

-----------------------------

As to O'Reiily's work for the 9/11 families..as you never watch his program you would never know. He took on the Red Cross because they raised multi millions  from their charity campaign for 9/11. Yet the money was trickling out to families of those effected. He barbequed the Red Cross about how money was diverted to other chapters beside the 9/11 area. The Red Cross admitted the money went into a general fund and they couldn't account for all of it going specifically to the 9/11 families. The Red Cross eventually fired their President and got a new one. They now have a policy that if you specify a certain disaster--the money goes there. So ultimately it also helped the Tsunami and Katrina reliefs.

He also took on Hollywood and thier seperate fund raiser which wasn't dispersing the money and had high overhead. They of course wanted little to do with O'Reilly and no one wanted to go on record as to their financing and how much money actually made it to the families.

He also took on the government, who not surprisingly were slow to get various payment procedures set up. He got Rudy Giuliani to step in and get that going.

Many families came on with their frustrations about getting the run around, he got involved and got them sorted.

So, yes he did have a history with the 9/11 families and their problems post attack.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2006, 08:41:02 am »

GLICK: Well, actually, my father thought that Bush's presidency was illegitimate.

That tells a very different story to your views that he was supportive, its  a big difference to not vote for someone to think they're not legitimately in power.

And frankly i find your opions on Glick almost as repugnant as O'Reilly's , i really don't find someone talking about the way in which his father died a way of 'spouting' off.

I can only assume that the freedom of press that allows you to watch only Fox has addled your mind and as many on here have argued the problem with something that changes the balance of reporting is nothing more than propaganda, something you're willing to defend
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 08:44:34 am by fudge »
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2006, 10:50:36 am »

And your arguments are going on deaf ears because The O'Reilly show--is not, never has been, and never claims to be a "news" program. It is an "opinion" program. As you don't like O'Reily's style, don't watch. But you'd be missing a lot. As his show is the top most watched opinion program on nightly tv.

You actually think that the top watched opinion show on nightly TV doesn't have any effect on people, and that everybody is capable of thinking on their own, always having in the back of their mind that O'Reilly might be lying? I think you put way to much faith in the intelligence of the average Joe watching the O'Reilly show, because it's just not the way it is.

And I'll ask you again, do you think it's OK for a news station to have opinion shows that serves lies to it's public?
Bart: Dad, what's a Muppet?

Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man... (laughs, then pauses) So, to answer you question, I don't know.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2006, 01:13:08 pm »
You actually think that the top watched opinion show on nightly TV doesn't have any effect on people, and that everybody is capable of thinking on their own, always having in the back of their mind that O'Reilly might be lying? I think you put way to much faith in the intelligence of the average Joe watching the O'Reilly show, because it's just not the way it is.

And I'll ask you again, do you think it's OK for a news station to have opinion shows that serves lies to it's public?

Apparently I do. And so does virtually every American.

Otherwise, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc would all have to go off the air along with Fox News.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2006, 01:18:56 pm »
That tells a very different story to your views that he was supportive, its  a big difference to not vote for someone to think they're not legitimately in power.

And frankly i find your opions on Glick almost as repugnant as O'Reilly's , i really don't find someone talking about the way in which his father died a way of 'spouting' off.

I can only assume that the freedom of press that allows you to watch only Fox has addled your mind and as many on here have argued the problem with something that changes the balance of reporting is nothing more than propaganda, something you're willing to defend

fudge, read the first line of my post.... "4pool, sorry mate, but...   I know your post immediately preceded mine but I didn't want to re-quote the entire transcript again, which is why I thought I made it clear who I was responding to.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2006, 01:19:16 pm »

Otherwise, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc would all have to go off the air along with Fox News.

Comparing the likes of ABC and CNN to Fox is farcical, they have a right leaning agenda but nothing like the bad joke that is Fox.

It does raise another issue thought that in the land of the free there is so little free press, almost all the TV companies , radio stations and papers are becoming concentrated into the hands of the few powerful individuals who like Murdoch in this country have continued their own political campaigns based on their self interest. From throwing support beyond one party, to ignoring parties other than the main two and focussing on single issue topics like the EU there is no good that can come of such a trend and its a ridiculous state of affairs to somehow turn this into being a sign of strong democracy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:22:59 pm by fudge »
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2006, 01:22:56 pm »

Fudge..no offense......but i don't care what you think about my opinions.

Apparently you seem to think not voting for someone, Bush, means that that person equates the USA as the cause of all the World Problems and that the USA caused 9/11 to happen....as Jeremy Glick does.

If you want to offer verifiable proof Jeremy's father felt that way, i'd be happy to recind my entire argument and claim I was dead wrong.

Apparently you have problems, as Jeremy does with seperating the two...not voting for Bush and one's own "opinions" of world views. What Jeremy signed was not an advertismnet about stolen elections or don't vote for Bush or Republicans was it? He was being used as the poster boy for the USA/Bush caused 9/11 movement. I spot the difference...

Offline Fiend

• Want's a Mod to 'give him one'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Got Weird Enough For Me
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2006, 01:28:03 pm »
Lets just all agree they are flesh eating lizards bent on dominating the world and be done with it...

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2006, 01:31:23 pm »
Fudge..no offense......but i don't care what you think about my opinions.

Big fucking suprise, American says fuck you to somebody elses opinion. Not hard to see why the rest of the worlds sick to death of such an attitude.

Apparently you seem to think not voting for someone, Bush, means that that person equates the USA as the cause of all the World Problems and that the USA caused 9/11 to happen....as Jeremy Glick does.

No i don't actually but when i hear the son of his recently departed father telling a right wing shock jockey that his own dad thought Bushs presidency was illegitimate i know that that means something.

And i'm not going to find verifiable proof because over a right wing news agency trying to cover its arses over the worst atrocity that it was culpable in allowing, or over the testimony of a dead relative who was articulate throughout being shouted down by the disgraceful Reilly then i'm absolutely certain who most people will believe.

You as usual and a classic trick of the right are trying to focus on a non issue and blow it up. You're quite right who he voted for is immaterial , his other views are not.

you're an articulate man but your views stem from such a polarised position i'm not sure there's a position i can ever see you moving on that means accepting that the US is going down a fundamentally morally wrong road.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2006, 01:32:44 pm »
Lets just all agree they are flesh eating lizards bent on dominating the world and be done with it...

would explain why the c*nts are always denying global warming, they're just trying to get a comfortable lounging temperature for sitting on their rocks
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2006, 01:39:12 pm »

question not directed to me but i'll add me two penny worth.

its near impossible to be nutural - everyone has an opinion.  even writing the who what when where's and why's into any news story can be tainted with opinion. writing facts ::) without comment is difficult business. Not many achieve it and even fewer want too.

a news station without opinion would be very tedious viewing to people who thrive on controversy, debate, discussion. it's the way the station - in this case fox - worms it's slant into every story gets people tetchy.

Meglamanic murdoch has his own self serving agenda....and employs those who help achieve his aims.  his tenticles have spread from here the us and now the far east.

i think his mother never cuddled him enough - his dad spent too much time with the sheep. he has to silence his lambs somehow. 

Offline AndyP

• Gave his away for an ale.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2006, 01:40:02 pm »

Sounds like the plot of a 50's B horror movie.

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2006, 01:41:02 pm »

Think sad when people think it's OK for the media to lie to the public. And I don't believe for a second that virtually every American support your view on that issue.

You can't compare them to fox news and expect people to take you seriously.

Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man... (laughs, then pauses) So, to answer you question, I don't know.

Offline WillieBob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2006, 01:49:00 pm »

Quote from: fudge
you're an articulate man but your views stem from such a polarised position i'm not sure there's a position i can ever see you moving on that means accepting that the US is going down a fundamentally morally wrong road.

And you however, fudge, probably consider you're own views to be totally unbiased and free from any feelings of affiliation to one political persuasion or another?

If not then the views expreesed by you and quoted above could quite easliy be applied to yourself, except for the fact that the last bit would have to be changed to read "accepting that the US is going down a fundamentally morally right road.

We all approach subjects with our own political and moral bias,these sorts of opinions only change over time and not during the course of a topic. So it's a bit rich to citicize somebody for holding a political or moral opinion,solely because it doesn't mirror your own.
"The Member States shall facilitate the achievement of the Union's tasks and refrain from any measure which could jeopardise the attainment of the Union's objectives."

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2006, 02:45:57 pm »
Fox News is the logical result of a free market, it tells people what they want to hear. People like to have their views and values confirmed, Fox gives them what they want.

Admittedly it's pretty awful and stretches the useage of the word 'news' but the same could be said for the offerings of the other networks there, and lets face it the increasingly dumbed down rubbish in the UK as well. I can barely watch BBC news anymore, not because it's overly political but because it's so bloody patronising with it's obsession with live reporting etc.

In general the standards of broadcast journalism are declining. The likes of Fox News aren't furthering the cause of an informed electorate here or in the States but in a free society people have the right to watch crap if they wish.

Rather than railing against the purveyors of such mind numbing rubbish it's probably more productive to educate people in how to evaluate a news story and in the importance of seeking multiple sources of information rather than taking a slanted story at face value. Given that it's almost impossible to find a news source that isn't in some way politically biased I think people should experiment by watching and reading news articles from an alternative political viewpoint than that which they naturally hold. In that way you can question your own assumptions and also understand the thought processes and preoccupations of those on the other side of the spectrum.

Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2006, 03:07:29 pm »
4Pool, I have gone back and read the transcript of the whole interview again and again and I am flummoxed that you are choosing to defend Bill O'Reilly on this occasion. I don't care about Fox News and if the Americans want to watch it then fair play to them. But to argue this was anything other than a media mugging is preposterous. Your argument appears to be, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Jeremy Glick has no right signing this poster because it is unlikely his father would support his views. And that Bill O'Reilly, despite having no proof to the contrary, has every right denounce him on air because of that. Eh?

Jeremy Glick has every right to sign that advertisement. His father could have thought Genghis Khan was a Commie c*nt and he would still have been well within his rights to lend his name to it. It's what he believes, misguided or not. Had he said 'Let's go and kick some fucking raghead ass,' and signed an advertisment saying 'Dubya, when you find Osama let me rip out his still beating heart with my bare hands,' would O'Reilly and Fox News called him on the fact that, hang on, his father never voted for Bush, harboured doubts about American foreign policy so therefore what he was doing was in some way traducing his memory? Didn't think so.  The other news channels didn't challenge him on it, they let him say his stuff and, here's the novel thing, they let the viewers make their mind up themselves. I don't know, but I bet the majority of Americans given the political culture there and the time, where dissenting arguments were rather frowned upon, in my experience, thought he was a whackjob.

If you don't like what he's saying, then don't put him on your show. Certainly don't invite him on and then reveal yourself to be a witless prick who believes 'the Afghan People' were behind 9/11. Yeah right Bill. Every single one of them, guilty as charged, because that's where al-Qaeda trained people. Uh huh. And don't invite him on and then claim to know the mind of his dead father. Did Bill have a quick go on a ouija board beforehand? No, sorry, he spoke to his work colleagues. Would any of us trust our fucking work colleagues to represent our views after our deaths rather than our families? I don't know. But then I'm freelance so I'm stuck with blood. And if i got killed in an event like this, and they truly believed that it was as a conseqence of some failing by an authority that had a duty to protect, a wrong decision, or the victim of some incompetence, then they would have my celestial blessing to shout it from the rooftops and do what they felt was right. Not that I'm claiming this for Glick, but history is littered with inconvenient truths uncovered by grieving relatives who refused to accept the official version or lie down in the face of authority in the quest to find the truth. Don't tell people how to grieve, don't evoke the memory of their dead, people who you never even met, and don't tell them what they can or can't say or do. Bollocks to what else he's done, I don't care: on this occasion O'Reilly sounds like a bully and he should hang his head in shame.

Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2006, 03:39:01 pm »
I sometimes think you don't take these things seriously...

Alan mate with all due respect if I did it would do me in.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2006, 03:48:43 pm »
We have freedom of choice over here as to what channel we can watch. As do probably you.

Y'see I dont think we do. I think the control is so subtle it makes us think we have the freedom of choice.

Let me explain. You have a mouse in one of those mouse tunnel things right. The mouse thinks its free to choose any tunnel it wants to escape the maze and be free. But the people who ever built the contraption wanted the mouse to think it had the freedom to choose it's direction.  It has to a certain extent but when thinking it was free it still ended up were the builders of the contraption wanted it to be.

It's just another slight of hand .

Fuck me I need a brandy after that...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:54:59 pm by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2006, 05:04:49 pm »
Kesey's right. 

We ARE able to choose what ever channel we want, but they are all advert based news channels with an agenda - making money.

4pool, if you think O'Reilly had Glick on the show to hear about his fathers veiws you are seriously delusional.  He began the interveiw asking about the ad, therefore setting the tone. 

Then there is this beauty:

O'REILLY: ... I don't think he'd be equating this country as a terrorist nation as you are.

GLICK: Well, I wasn't saying that it was necessarily like that.

but Glick actually said this:

"Our current president now inherited a legacy from his father and inherited a political legacy that's responsible for training militarily, economically, and situating geopolitically the parties involved in the alleged assassination and the murder of my father and countless of thousands of others. So I don't see why it's surprising... "

talk about spin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_O%27Reilly_controversies

good page on O'Reilly

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2006, 05:09:50 pm »
Oh and here's another on Bill O'Reilly's sexual harrassment suit.  ;D

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1013043mackris1.html
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 05:14:19 pm by Eric »

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2006, 12:09:06 am »
Cassiel ..

Can you explain why O'Reiily told Jeremy he had the right to his views?

Why did O'Reiily keep trying to get the subject back to his father?

I have said in here a few times...the issue was not Jeremy's view point and to clarify for you was not that he signed the Ad......it was he was using his father 9/11 death to raise awareness FOR his view point and the Ad itself without the disclaimer of his Dad didn't hold the same world views as the son.

Can you tell me, in what instance Jeremy Glick, the individual ad signer, would have been invited to make the rounds on the various other News channels had his father not died  in the World Trade Center?

He was getting his 15 minutes of fame because he was the only individual who had a family member who died on 9/11.

Why didn't the people who wrote the Ad make the rounds on tv? Because they wouldn't have the impact Jeremy did. They would have been just another conspiracy group. Big deal.
But the story was Jeremy and who his father was. He knew it. He used it.

Did I not say if my son were to do the same--he better make the distinction between his "world view point" and mine. Jeremy didn't. And when asked or challenged--couldn't.

I personally don't care about Jeremy Glick or the ad. They aren't the only conspriacy theorists in the USA.

But if you can't or won't admit he used his Dads situation to benefit himself and his viewpoint, then there's not much else to say. If you agree he should use his Dad without explaining their different view points --that's a different issue and you're entitled to that viewpoint. Me and Bill O'Reilly would disagree. ;)

But I do dispare at the continual *whinging over what Jeremy's beliefs are and that was the reason for O'Reill's ire. It wasn't plain as day.

* not specifically by you but others in here and the websites who continually distort the reason for O'Reilly's ire.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2006, 12:37:31 am »
Big fucking suprise, American says fuck you to somebody elses opinion. Not hard to see why the rest of the worlds sick to death of such an attitude.

Oh I don't know. Why don't you start your own blog? That way you can control everyone's viewpoint. I didn't realize Rawk has a one world view and we're all to toe the line.

All I know is that I am entitled to my opinion and didn't know I needed your approval so that my life would be complete. But if the rule is I need to pm you with my next post and get your approval, please let me know.

Typical type of condescension from the Left ----that they know all and the rest of us are just here to shut up and be assimilated. Yes sir comrade Fudge.  :P Where do I sign up?

No i don't actually but when i hear the son of his recently departed father telling a right wing shock jockey that his own dad thought Bushs presidency was illegitimate i know that that means something.

You'll have to explain how when Jeremy says his dad didn't vote for Bush......it really means his own dad thought Bushs presidency was illegitimate. Is that Jeremy's interpretation of his Dads opinion or yours?

And i'm not going to find verifiable proof because over a right wing news agency trying to cover its arses over the worst atrocity that it was culpable in allowing, or over the testimony of a dead relative who was articulate throughout being shouted down by the disgraceful Reilly then i'm absolutely certain who most people will believe.

I'm not asking you to find verifiable proof of some right wing news agency. Go back and read what Jeremy had to say on the "left wing" news agencies. Fox News wasn't the only program he was on. Then read the media follow up. Jeremy had every chance to show his Dad thought the same as him. Go on...show us.

You as usual and a classic trick of the right are trying to focus on a non issue and blow it up. You're quite right who he voted for is immaterial , his other views are not.

Who Jeremy or his Dad? I thought you didn't know his Dads view point. No one cares about Jeremy's view point. He was just another nobody citizen until the link was made who his Dad was. So the issue WAS the difference in their viewpoints--not their voting pattern.

Can you name one reason why Jeremy couldn't say his viewpoints were his own and not his Dads?

I can. Because if he did, his 15 minutes of fame were over.

And I thank you. We agree.  And you can be articulate and bright yourself.
Morally we will go down the wrong road should the Dems get control again. Just as we did when they controlled government for 40 years. It has taken 10 years to barely undo what they have caused.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2006, 01:24:36 am »
Comparing the likes of ABC and CNN to Fox is farcical, they have a right leaning agenda but nothing like the bad joke that is Fox.

Think sad when people think it's OK for the media to lie to the public. And I don't believe for a second that virtually every American support your view on that issue.

You can't compare them to fox news and expect people to take you seriously.

Ole..I didn't say Lying was good...

The both of you dislike Fox news. Both think they "lie" because you don't like their politics or presentation.

What I guess I should have said is all TV news organizations end up apologizing. So if you think the others are scapegoat free..think again.

Now here's a few to ponder from the other vaunted news organizations:

CNN apologizes for report nerve gas was used on Vietnam defectors
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4196/is_19980703/ai_n10446933

ABC TV Network Apologizes to Tobacco Companies For "Spike" Comment
http://ndsn.org/oct95/abc-tv.html

CBS Statement On Bush Memos
Network Apologizes For Use Of Unsubstantial
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/20/politics/main644539.shtml

NBC Apologizes for Story Accusing Nixon of Ordering Murder
http://newsbusters.org/node/3904

NBC APOLOGIZES FOR INACCURATE PORTRAYAL OF TURKEY
http://b4a.healthyinterest.net/news/000670.html

I wonder when Fox News deliberately got a story wrong to the same scale as the above? Not whether you think the story was wrong but where they deliberately mislead or made up thier facts.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2006, 06:07:59 am »
American media in talking shit shocker.

Seriously.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2006, 08:59:20 am »

The both of you dislike Fox news. Both think they "lie" because you don't like their politics or presentation.

What I guess I should have said is all TV news organizations end up apologizing. So if you think the others are scapegoat free..think again.

I wonder when Fox News deliberately got a story wrong to the same scale as the above? Not whether you think the story was wrong but where they deliberately mislead or made up thier facts.

fucking hell its rush80 ;D
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2006, 09:09:05 am »

And all news agencies make mistakes, but to come at a story every single time with a preconceived bias is unforgiveable and no more fitting for the US than it should be for North Korea. Every agency gets caught up as was the BBC with David Kelly, we're not asking for the gospel truth ,we want news , not the mouthpiece of Murdoch.

Fox lies and misleads every day. That fucking toe rag Hannity trying to make excuses over paedo republicans actually tried to compare it to the young Monica Lewinsky that Clinton banged.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2006, 09:12:07 am »
GLICK: Well, actually, my father thought that Bush's presidency was illegitimate.

4pool why don't you actually read what you post,

You'll have to explain how when Jeremy says his dad didn't vote for Bush......it really means his own dad thought Bushs presidency was illegitimate. Is that Jeremy's interpretation of his Dads opinion or yours?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:14:00 am by fudge »
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2006, 09:20:13 am »

You said it was OK to lye, and how many times have O'Reilly appologized for lying?
And they dont "lie", they are telling lies, there is no doubt about it. One example, when Hannity says Monica Lewinsky was a teenager at eh time of the famous cigar incident, when in fact she was 22, you think it was by accident?

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2006, 09:20:44 am »

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2006, 09:57:44 am »

Can you name one reason why Jeremy couldn't say his viewpoints were his own and not his Dads?

I can. Because if he did, his 15 minutes of fame were over.

So we're not interested in the views of the bereaved only those who died? I don't understand why Jeremy Glick's opinions are only of value if his dead father agreed with them? In any case didn't 9/11 change many peoples opinions of foreign policy etc? If Jeremy Glick says that after 9/11 his fathers views would've changed maybe he's right? Ultimately it's of little import compared to the fundamental questions concerning foreign policy which are the real meat in this sandwich.

In that interview O Reilly makes no effort to debate the issues raised in the ad, he's only interested in an adhominem attack on the speaker. He even admits that he doesn't care what his interviewee has to say. It's as much a failure of basic manners as journalism. It might play well to the core audience of the station but it's not journalism and it's not news, it's political posturing dressed up as factual programming. The interview could've been a lively argument over US foreign policy, instead it was a shabby exercise in oneupmanship.

Unfortunately the same model is followed throughout broadcasting in the States and here. People go before the camera with a prescripted agenda and no intention of engaging in any discourse which might show their own position in a bad light. If O Reilly wanted to make the point about Glicks father disagreeing, valid enough, then he should make it and move on to discuss the other points, not invite him onto his show simply to try and score on one narrow point.

Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2006, 12:18:49 pm »
Kesey's right. 

We ARE able to choose what ever channel we want, but they are all advert based news channels with an agenda - making money.

And controling our minds. But like everything else in the physical world it's just an illusion!

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2006, 01:13:29 pm »
O'REILLY: All right. You didn't support the action against Afghanistan to remove the Taliban. You were against it, OK.

GLICK: Why would I want to brutalize and further punish the people in Afghanistan...

O'REILLY: Who killed your father!

GLICK: The people in Afghanistan...

O'REILLY: Who killed your father.

GLICK: ... didn't kill my father.

O'REILLY: Sure they did. The al Qaeda people were trained there.

GLICK: The al Qaeda people? What about the Afghan people?

O'REILLY: See, I'm more angry about it than you are!

Anybody who takes this fool serious has a huge problem, and cannot be taken serious themselves!
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2006, 01:19:19 pm »
So at the end off the day ,what yas are saying is its the same as the british tabloids ??

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2006, 01:27:56 pm »
So at the end off the day ,what yas are saying is its the same as the british tabloids ??
Fox "News" is like the s*n on TV, only worse, if thatīs possible.
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline AndyP

• Gave his away for an ale.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2006, 01:34:35 pm »

GLICK: Why would I want to brutalize and further punish the people in Afghanistan...

O'REILLY: Who killed your father!

GLICK: The people in Afghanistan...

O'REILLY: Who killed your father.

GLICK: ... didn't kill my father.

O'REILLY: Sure they did. The al Qaeda people were trained there.

This could be related to Ireland in the 70's and 80's. Because the IRA were active in Britain would the Government have an excuse to invade Ireland and bomb the shit out of it. This O'Reilly bloke is a total clown, but you would think people who go on his show might know what to expect in the way of line of questioning.

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2006, 01:40:42 pm »
This O'Reilly bloke is a total clown, but you would think people who go on his show might know what to expect in the way of line of questioning.

Glick was well prepared and tried to stay calm and keep his answers short. Didn't help though........