Author Topic: Fan tribute walkway at Anfield  (Read 58103 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Fan tribute walkway at Anfield
« Reply #280 on: September 5, 2017, 12:01:21 am »
Divide the cost of the stone by 10 years, cheap as chips.

You can't divide the emotional connection to the stone you purchased.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #281 on: September 5, 2017, 12:58:44 am »
The club are covering themselves legally against possible future claims. In PR terms, they will relocate, repair, replace as appropriate, but they have avoided a legal requirement to do so.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 5, 2017, 08:03:52 am »
I didn't know that and thought the same as DangerScouse about the name then. 10 years doesn't seem very long. I can see both sides to a degree - moving them would be one things, but destroying them?!!!  >:( :butt

More likely than not they will be there for more than 10 years.

we can only guarantee that they will be in the location for 10 years. This is the minimum period, but we have every reason to believe they will be there for many more years to come.

It's probably covering themselves for stadium expansion/redevelopment/move etc.

And the "destroy" line my guess would relate to if there's some offensive message that they've missed that gets laid.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: September 5, 2017, 10:29:39 am »
It's just legal jargon for the club to cover their arse in future.

They may have to be relocated for any number of reasons.  For all we know, there could be 'services' that run under ground in that location, that may have to be dug up at a later date.

They may to choose for one reason or another, to redevelop the surrounding area around Anfield, again, at a later date.

As for the 'destruction' of stones.

Lets say they decided to relocate or remove them at a later date, and said that people could come and claim the stone (for a small fee, I'm sure  ;)  ) for themselves.

Lets say 99% of peole claimed them, but for one reason or another, many weren't claimed.  What are the club to do, store them indefinitely? Of course not.
The club would store them for a limited time, then dispose of them.

Then, lets say, after storing them for a few years, they were disposed of.  Then lo and behold, a few years after thet someone came forward to claim a stone, after it had been destroyed!

So the 'destroy or dispose of' element, is just legal jargon to cover their arses at a later date.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 27, 2017, 03:20:48 pm »
More stones just gone down as had my email today

Around Gerrard’s Bench

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #285 on: November 27, 2017, 03:57:04 pm »
They have been down for over a month - they are just slow! :) But at least you know now. Looks finished now
We are a team of one half.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: November 27, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »
They have been down for over a month - they are just slow! :) But at least you know now. Looks finished now

Haha excellent!

I didn’t even bother checking as hadn’t had the email

Will have a look at the Moscow game all being well

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #287 on: February 6, 2018, 05:56:28 pm »
More back on sale:

Dear Supporters Club,

Did your Branch or your members, friends & family miss out on the opportunity to be a part of the fabric of Anfield and have a personalised ‘Anfield Forever’ stone laid at the ground?

Anfield Forever is a celebration of the Club, players, managers and our global supporters, and we are pleased to announce a limited number of Anfield Forever stones have now become available giving your branch and its members another opportunity to be part of it.

To purchase a stone click here:  https://anfieldforever.liverpoolfc.com/index.htm

For FAQs please go to https://anfieldforever.liverpoolfc.com/help.htm

Stones are limited so don’t miss out!

YNWA

The OLSC Team

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2018, 10:05:31 am »
Some more on sale. What have those that have bought got written on theirs? I kinda like the idea.
YNWA.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #289 on: June 26, 2018, 12:33:36 pm »
Mine's not great as my name is long so wouldn't fit on one line. Have a look at the max letters etc per line so you know how many are "spare". Spaces count too.

Wonder where these will go as I thought it was full now.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 16, 2020, 10:33:59 am »
The link on the homepage no longer works so I'm guessing they have no plans to do any more? Maybe something with the next expansion? Kinda annoyed I didn't get one in the first place.
YNWA.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #291 on: January 16, 2020, 05:01:48 pm »
The link on the homepage no longer works so I'm guessing they have no plans to do any more? Maybe something with the next expansion? Kinda annoyed I didn't get one in the first place.

Network Rail are taking up the slack with a chance to commission a spray-painted message on bridge walls in the approach to Lime Street. I’ve already requested “Fuck Off Leeds” but I believe that “Cockneys Die” has been adjudged to be no longer acceptable.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #292 on: January 16, 2020, 05:40:07 pm »
All seems massively wool to me, but as long as people are happy :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: January 16, 2020, 05:50:25 pm »
All seems massively wool to me, but as long as people are happy :)

Not sure i'd call it "wool". A group of us bought one for a friend that took his own life a number of years ago. Liverpool was his life and we walk over to his stone every time we're at Anfield, almost like we're continually paying our respects to him. We brought his mum to a game earlier in the season and she was really taken back by it, in a good way.

Each to their own though.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #294 on: January 16, 2020, 05:53:32 pm »
Not sure i'd call it "wool". A group of us bought one for a friend that took his own life a number of years ago. Liverpool was his life and we walk over to his stone every time we're at Anfield, almost like we're continually paying our respects to him. We brought his mum to a game earlier in the season and she was really taken back by it, in a good way.

Each to their own though.

My missus has got one at Goodison.

I called her a wool too :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 16, 2020, 06:17:21 pm »
My missus has got one at Goodison.

I called her a wool too :)

;D

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2022, 01:12:24 pm »
this is back by the way for the Annie Road expansion: https://anfieldforever.liverpoolfc.com/

as expensive as it is, I think it's a pretty nice feature in our 'upgraded' stadium.
YNWA.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2022, 01:36:53 pm »
this is back by the way for the Annie Road expansion: https://anfieldforever.liverpoolfc.com/

as expensive as it is, I think it's a pretty nice feature in our 'upgraded' stadium.

The club need to jetwash or clean the ones outside the Main Stand. We have one and they're all so muddy and dirty now. A real shame.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2022, 01:40:13 pm »
The club need to jetwash or clean the ones outside the Main Stand. We have one and they're all so muddy and dirty now. A real shame.

I imagine they will once winter is over. Problem with doing it now is they'll be back to being filthy after the next game.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2022, 03:10:50 pm »
I imagine they will once winter is over. Problem with doing it now is they'll be back to being filthy after the next game.

They were dirty at the start of this season (and 19/20 too I think) so hadn't been done in the summer

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #300 on: February 11, 2022, 03:59:27 pm »
Ordered one there, missed out at the time of the main stand one. Be a nice surprise for the family next time they are over
YNWA

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2024, 11:42:10 am »
is there a way to know where your stone (in the new area behind annie road) is? other than staring at them for hours!?
YNWA.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2024, 01:33:59 pm »
is there a way to know where your stone (in the new area behind annie road) is? other than staring at them for hours!?
they are supposed to email you and give you a rough idea where it is. I haven't even got the confirmation mine has been installed yet
YNWA

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2024, 02:37:03 pm »
they are supposed to email you and give you a rough idea where it is. I haven't even got the confirmation mine has been installed yet

me neither, i did email earlier and she came back with a 'rough' map of where the stone is. she also said not all of them have been installed. i guess they've just not notified anyone yet officially.
YNWA.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2024, 06:44:39 pm »
I was in the first group by the Main Stand.

I was sent an email with the location area of where my stone was installed. Only took me a few minutes to find it when I went to look for it.

So be patient would be my advice.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2024, 08:23:35 pm »
My team in work bought me one nearly 2 years ago, something like Happy Birthday JC, Best Boss, :D, anyway I still haven't been told if it's been laid or where it is. You get a reference number then use that to locate it eventually.