Author Topic: King Kenny and Expectations.  (Read 10267 times)

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
Re: King Kenny and Expectations.
« Reply #40 on: January 8, 2011, 02:32:39 pm »
I do not expect success, although I hope for the best. He couldn't do any worse and I have no reason to believe that he would either, but I'm not counting on things to improve other than the overall spirit. We as fans stand united again after a few tough years and I'd expect that to continue even if things don't improve on the pitch.

I stand behind him, win or lose. Already written of this season and I wish him a pleasant ride. All hail the King!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #41 on: January 8, 2011, 02:32:59 pm »
Don't have any expectations. A while back i did have misgivings about Kenny coming back as manager, but I'm very happy today. Can't yet believe it to be honest.

Main worry was his legendary status taking a dent, but believe/hope his reputation is cast iron come what may, and we just might see some of our players looking motivated again and playing a system that suits them instead of one that was last used when players still smoked pipes on the pitch.

Can't wait for tomorrow now. Win, lose or draw, it should be a celebration.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #42 on: January 8, 2011, 02:33:05 pm »
Proud of the club again, can get 100% behind the manager once more.

As for expectations Hodgson has wrought terrible damage, but with a bit of luck and a few good signings I'm hoping for a tilt at 4th, with a Europa League spot a very achievable goal. At least we won't be relegated now.

If we do get that and Kenny wants the job full time, I'd say give it to him. And we'll have attacking football to look forward to once more.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline PILLSBURY069

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 8, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »
That was done by Art Vandelay.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=268879.msg7958825#msg7958825

Thanks terry, im still fairly new around here so didnt realise.
Who ate all the pies?????? I DID!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #44 on: January 8, 2011, 02:38:43 pm »
BIG TIME.
I'm hoping he will be there tomorrow at Castle Greyskull. But his first game at Anfield v Everton will be something else..

You couldn't possibly have chosen a better first game against the Mancs and a first home game against Everton. Anfield will be absolutely rocking for that one. Great timing by FSG I think.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #45 on: January 8, 2011, 02:38:52 pm »
Have posted in a few threads the importance of not expecting miracles overnight, there are some really deep-rooted problems at our club.I'm not expecting much to change by tomorrow evening and anything could happen in next weeks derby.
 The acid test could well come on Wednesday night in terms of attitude and commitment from the players. A cold wet night in Blackpool against a motivated team. If we see a major improvement on what we have seen lately then I will have reason to feel optimistic. If we don't...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #46 on: January 8, 2011, 02:41:46 pm »
Thanks terry, im still fairly new around here so didnt realise.
No problem mate. He'll be sound about it anyway.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 8, 2011, 02:45:06 pm »
Whatever the outcome, wherever we end up, we go there as one.

Offline Base21

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: January 8, 2011, 02:48:59 pm »
couldn't agree with you more Brentie... we should be happy that the dark clouds that have been hanging over our heads are gone for good... All we must do is support the team, watch football like we used to, and fight as a unit on and off the pitch... the Liverpool Way...

YNWA
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 8, 2011, 02:49:35 pm »
To do better than Roy.  It's not too much to ask is it?

Offline dobbie832

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: January 8, 2011, 02:51:26 pm »
I just hope/expect he does better than hodgson, otherwise the media and everyone will lay into the fans blaming us for the situation.
I'll be happy for top half finish and at least quarter finals in europa league.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 8, 2011, 02:52:57 pm »
I hope people give him the time, something tells me the fans will give him just that. I am sure he will build up a decent backroom staff and he will know of the challenges ahead.

An amazing day for any Liverpool fan. The buzz of having Kenny back alone will win us games!
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #52 on: January 8, 2011, 02:57:48 pm »
The season starts now.

Get out of the way. We're coming through.

Offline h4ns3n

• Main Stander
  • Didn't watch 2nd half Istanbul - was shagging
    • Microsoft BI Consulting
« Reply #53 on: January 8, 2011, 02:59:24 pm »
Statistically speaking, he is worlds better than RH. I don't really mind if we lose tomorrow, and if we suffer a few more losses WHILE playing a better style of football i'd still be beaming big smiles.

I want to see our players come and play as if they are playing for the honour of wearing the shirt. That would be enough. (FFS, just looking at RH everyday would make me play poor football so hopefully the players will be dazzled by the presence of KK)

KK averaged a 54% win record throughout his career. Better than Hodgson any day of the week.

Team                    Nat     From                         To                                Record
                                                                                                           G       W       D       L       Win %
Liverpool               E       30 May 1985             22 February 1991        297     180  76     41      60.61
Blackburn Rovers   E       12 October 1991         25 June 1995            195     102  46     47      52.31
Newcastle United  E       14 January 1997         27 August 1998           78     30    22     26      38.46
Celtic                     S       10 February 2000        1 June 2000               18      10    4       4        55.56
Liverpool               E       8 January 2011          current                          0       0      0       0         —
                                                                                                 Total   588     322  148   118     54.76
You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #54 on: January 8, 2011, 03:02:49 pm »
i almost don't care about the results.

i'm just looking at 3 games in the next 8 days and i can't wait for them. the passion has been re-ignited, i'll be able to feel real joy again when we score and real pain when we concede, not just the numb indifference that was creeping in in recent months.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #55 on: January 8, 2011, 03:04:53 pm »
Anyone hoping for a top 4 finish need to take their head out of their arse.
I'm made up he's back, but let's take it one step at a time, eh !!!

Exactly ... Still, we have a good enough squad to challenge for the Europa League places, and a good run in the FA Cup and the Europa League knock-out stages could do wonders for this team ... A good result tomorrow would be a good start ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 8, 2011, 03:06:16 pm »
The only expectation I have is that the Liverpool manager behaves in a way befitting the club and the fans.

I'm not going to be dissapointed
bollocks

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #57 on: January 8, 2011, 03:07:21 pm »

I expect us to become a single unit again, I expect the trust between manager and supporter to be restored immediately and as a result of that coherence and unity as a club, as supporters, and as a team, we will finish higher in the league than we would have without Kenny with us. Anything else (FA Cup, Europa League run) is simply a bonus. This lays a base for the future and next season. That is all I expect.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #58 on: January 8, 2011, 03:09:31 pm »
1 - The club to be united behind him.

2 - An improvement on the crap we've seen this season.

3 - An atmosphere to be proud of again at Anfield.

4 - That he is given a chance to keep the job if he does well.

5 - Players playing in their best positions.

6 - I want to enjoy having him back in the dugout and don't have any undue expectations.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 8, 2011, 03:10:51 pm »
Got this off a tweet

can you still get them those anoraks ?

I want one
« Last Edit: January 8, 2011, 03:14:43 pm by cashmere pringle »

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #60 on: January 8, 2011, 03:11:01 pm »
Just stop sliding down the league, keep the club stable until the summer

Offline xabi rules

• out winning title with Liverpool
  • Kopite
« Reply #61 on: January 8, 2011, 03:13:32 pm »
I wonder if this is the same feeling Newcastle fans had when Keegan took over for the last time?  ???

Probably. Their delight at seeing the return of a man who can't even begin to match Kenny's success as a manager was probably similar to what I'm feeling now.

So what?
'' I'd like to think that I have put more into the game than I have taken out. And that I haven‘t cheated anybody, that I've been working for people honestly all along the line, for the people of Liverpool who go to Anfield. I'd like to be recognised for trying to give them entertainment.''

The great Bill Shankly

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #62 on: January 8, 2011, 03:14:56 pm »
I expect that he will act like a Liverpool manager. He won't kiss the press's arses. He won't get buddy with twats. He'll do a job and he'll respect the club.

That's what I expect
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #63 on: January 8, 2011, 03:17:58 pm »
The biggest improvement Kenny's appointment brings may very well be in the stands. Even that will be enough.

Agree wi this, at least all the fans will be singing from the same hymn sheet, that alone will make a big difference.

God bless ya Kenny lad.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Mauritian

• Kemlynite
« Reply #64 on: January 8, 2011, 03:19:47 pm »
Does anyone have an idea when will KK have its first interview as manager?

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 8, 2011, 03:23:13 pm »
Eleven players week in week out knowing they are playing for LFC and giving 100% not just wandering around looking not interested
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 8, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »
a dramatic improvement in away performances is all i ask of the king! he will deliver :)
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Punter

• Main Stander
  • Free at last, free at last.
« Reply #67 on: January 8, 2011, 03:28:43 pm »
All he has to do is put the players in their proper positions and the team wil instantly have better results than under Roy Hodgson. No more Kuyt on the left or Meireles on the wing etc.

Really excited to see Anfield rocking again.  From what you all  are saying it sounds like Dalgish is a manager who is capable of channeling the fans passion and using that energy to ignite the players. (I guess that sounds silly but you get what I am trying to say; I hope)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #68 on: January 8, 2011, 03:31:45 pm »
All he has to do is put the players in their proper positions and the team wil instantly have better results than under Roy Hodgson. No more Kuyt on the left or Meireles on the wing etc.

Really excited to see Anfield rocking again.  From what you all  are saying it sounds like Dalgish is a manager who is capable of channeling the fans passion and using that energy to ignite the players. (I guess that sounds silly but you get what I am trying to say; I hope)

Agree with this. He's the man to put fucking Gerrard in his place. And the team will benefit.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 8, 2011, 03:38:54 pm »
Bet Shanks is pleased
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #70 on: January 8, 2011, 05:58:54 pm »
Agree with this. He's the man to put fucking Gerrard in his place. And the team will benefit.

You're relentless, I'll give you that.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #71 on: January 8, 2011, 06:02:06 pm »
Better attitude/commitment from the players
More attacking football
Happy Fans
Top 4 finish
FA CUP
Europa cup

That will do for a start

Just taken my head out of my arse .......  but no harm in dreaming

Honestly want to Enjoy and get excited about watching us play again
« Last Edit: January 8, 2011, 06:09:06 pm by rocco »

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
« Reply #72 on: January 8, 2011, 06:02:57 pm »
Top 4 finish, Win the FA Cup and Win the Europa Cup, i do not ask for much ;D
haha i was thinking that myself after remembering someone on here telling me thats what they demanded of Roy.
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 8, 2011, 06:03:36 pm »
It's reasonable to expect the following:

1) Fans united
2) Football that doesn't look like a pub side  - should achieve this pretty quickly (e.g. some passing and some pressing)
3) Players that are motivated enough to run around a bit, and even smile occasionally
4) Press conferences that make you think the manager's not deluded
5) An attempt to win games when winnable

Anything else is a bonus

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 8, 2011, 06:04:51 pm »

This is a bit of a concern. Not in terms of how he'll treat Gerrard as a person or how Gerrard will take to him as manager - it should be fine - but Kenny has said CM is Gerrard's best position.

But I'm hoping that Kenny plays him where he's most effective - which isn't in CM - AND Gerrard accepts it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 8, 2011, 06:05:39 pm »
I hope people give him the time, something tells me the fans will give him just that. I am sure he will build up a decent backroom staff and he will know of the challenges ahead.

An amazing day for any Liverpool fan. The buzz of having Kenny back alone will win us games!

Doubt he'll do much with the backroom except get rid of that prick kelly if he hasn't yet gone

rest will wait for the close season

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 8, 2011, 06:06:59 pm »
I just want to feel happy about football again.

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
« Reply #77 on: January 8, 2011, 06:07:17 pm »
i expect him to take no shit from fergie, but i doubt even fergie would be stupid enough to give him any.
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline Milly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #78 on: January 8, 2011, 06:10:49 pm »
One word

POSITIVITY.....
Smash it ??

Offline ronnnie yates

• Anny Roader
  • today we settle all family business.
« Reply #79 on: January 8, 2011, 06:13:39 pm »
i will expect this , all of us pulling in the same direction , which will happen straight away , all of us will back the king ,yes there are a few lads who have question marks about the kings return , but not me , he should have been appointed in july {we shouldnt have got rid of rafa , but thats a different story ), and ive no doubt with the squad he has inherited he will try and get us playing a more attack minded and pressing game , i expect us to pull away from the drop zone ,and hopefully start knocking on the door for european places {europa league } ,and then all being well a huge thankyou in may from all of us to the king , for at last having our football club back , and then i expect the new owners to listen to the king and take his advice on the next new boss . personally owen coyle for me , BUT wouldnt it be lovely if kenny had such an influence on the club that the new boss was already in place  :)