Author Topic: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th  (Read 113245 times)

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
Re: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th
« Reply #3760 on: April 28, 2011, 10:17:08 am »
So how many coaches in the world do you think would be able to utilise Real's attacking strength and at the same time, keep Barca completely quiet at the other end?

Rafa Benitez for one.

And there's many others who would at least give it a good go. Not employ the uteer shithouse tactics that Moutinho did.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #3761 on: April 28, 2011, 10:17:08 am »
I understand every team has instances where they have had disgusting behaviour on the pitch. I've never seen anything like last night though. It was constant. Horrible to see.
Funny, your a manc, yet by that comment it seems that you've never watched your team play. Go figure.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3762 on: April 28, 2011, 10:20:12 am »
I understand every team has instances where they have had disgusting behaviour on the pitch. I've never seen anything like last night though. It was constant. Horrible to see.

And the Cląsico is also a ridiculously important historical and political battle in Spain..
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3763 on: April 28, 2011, 10:20:25 am »
Rafa Benitez for one.

And there's many others who would at least give it a good go. Not employ the uteer shithouse tactics that Moutinho did.

Rafa for sure.

The others would give it a go, and probably concede 5 goals like the last two coaches who gave it a go.  It's easy to forget how good Puyol and Pique are at the back for Barca.   

shit house tactics from both teams today... real madrid 18 fouls, Barca 22. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:23:16 am by PJG »

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3764 on: April 28, 2011, 10:21:58 am »
On the pitch this fixture is becoming more poisonous than the Old Firm. Neither club acts like that against any other team, Madrid destroyed Valencia with brilliant attacking football and Barcelona usually manage to avoid acting like they've been shot in the face after every challenge. It's gone up a notch since Mourinho arrived but the players need to shoulder much of the blame.

It's quite curious how the Spanish players who play for the national team seem to really loathe each other on the pitch. Ramos smacking Puyol and shoving Xavi earlier, Pique and Ramos grappling last night, Pedro trying to get Arbeloa sent off etc. You'd never see that sort of hate and antagonism on the pitch directly between players like Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand etc. They have this 'England Players Club' attitude which stinks a bit since they mostly do fuck all for the national team but how come it exists for them and not the Spanish lads who have far more reason to respect each other and keep the peace?
If it bothers you that much that your wife couldn't join the 'Coloured Society', I suggest you divorce your wife and marry a black woman.  Problem solved.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3765 on: April 28, 2011, 10:23:54 am »
Funny, your a manc, yet by that comment it seems that you've never watched your team play. Go figure.

Having a go at the referee and players? The Mancs? Ferguson? Never, where do you have this from....

8)

In fact they invented it.

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #3766 on: April 28, 2011, 10:25:59 am »

And if your team bullies Barca off the park to win the final (which is the only possible way you can beat them) you'll be complaining?

Get out of here and stop trying to paint out Barca to be some kind of cheating team.  You're as bad as that centre-half, glass-back clown who tweets for you lot.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3767 on: April 28, 2011, 10:26:35 am »
Rafa for sure.

The others would give it a go, and probably concede 5 goals like the last two coaches who gave it a go.  It's easy to forget how good Puyol and Pique are at the back for Barca. 

shit house tactics from both teams today...

We're talking about the football, though. Not the theatrics.

So you're saying don't even bother having a go at Barcelona cos there's a chance you might get beat. You know what, there's also a chance you might win. Rafa did. And as we saw last night, you can completly kill the game and still lose. At least go down with a bit of fight and pride. Barcelona are not very good at the back at all, see how Madrid give them loads of problems when they attacked them at the Bernebau in the league. Shaktar could have been two goals up before Barcelona scored against them.

You certainly have to keep it tight against them, but it is not necessary to completly kill the game to beat them. That's just the way that Mourinho chooses to do it, and for the life of me I can't figure out why you're running from thread to thread defending that man.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: April 28, 2011, 10:26:41 am »
Real Madrid 18  Fouls  22  Barcelona     according to ESPN.

Honestly, speaking,  how many of those from Real were "shithouse" fouls?

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3769 on: April 28, 2011, 10:28:27 am »
It's gone up a notch since Mourinho arrived but the players need to shoulder much of the blame.

It's quite curious how the Spanish players who play for the national team seem to really loathe each other on the pitch. Ramos smacking Puyol and shoving Xavi earlier, Pique and Ramos grappling last night, Pedro trying to get Arbeloa sent off etc... and not the Spanish lads who have far more reason to respect each other and keep the peace?

Add Arbeloa on Villa previously to the list too.

Answered your own question mate. I don't remember this much bile, if any between Spanish national team players under Pellegrini.

Mourinho it is. Inter were the same ( I remember an instance under Rafa when he first took over at Inter when there was a supposed foul against an Inter player and the subs rose as one to heckle the ref. Rafa had to tell them to sit down and he'll deal with it or something along those lines, it was on the inter fan forum at the time. It's part of Mourinho's game I suppose, remake his players into whiny, spiteful c*nts.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3770 on: April 28, 2011, 10:32:05 am »

Arbeloa knew what he was doing when he checked Pedro. Adebayor could have gone for his challenge late on, Pepe did go, even if it was slightly harsh, Marcelo's little stamp on Pedro again after that header...there's 4 shithouse acts for starters and I barely racked my tiny brain.

They're programmed to foul and break up play at every opportunity and eventually it's no surprise if it backfires.

Offline ThePrufeshanul

• Bastard child of Jose Mourinho and Maggie Thatcher
  • Kopite
  • ..whose game is tighter than Suarez's shirt says..
« Reply #3771 on: April 28, 2011, 10:33:19 am »
Firstly, what a goal by Messi; a genius.

You can dislike a manager and still acknowledge his strengths.

Mourinho's Madrid recently lost at home to Sporting Gijon - that was, unbelievably, his first home loss in the league for 150 matches no matter which team he managed. His only other previous league hme loss was in February 2002 at Porto. That is a simply mindbending statistic.

You might say its easy to go from club to club and achieve success - he came here and raised the bar in terms of the standards required to win the league. He wasnt used to the league and had a high spending, settled Man united to beat and he didnt take three years to do it, he spanked Alex Ferguson like a little child.

the current Barcelona side has the top three players in the world playing in their midfield and has been ten years in the construction - led by a player who may turn out to be the best ever. Its all very well well for people to sneer at hw Murinh set up his team t win but wuld anyne else really do a better job? (Rafa being the only candidate I can think of). Of course Mourinho is special - to claim otherwise is frankly crazy.

I cant think of many managers who would GUARANTEE you success. Again people post on here about not wanting to win things under Mourinho as he would go against their principles of football then gleefully scamper off to the Arsenal thread to slag Wenger off for doing the same thing.

But that's football for you - crazy.
"Lucas Leiva? That kid had more passes than Paris Hilton on Mastermind!"
"The funniest thing of all though is an agricultural long ball centre half not trusting the ability on the ball of some one who starts for Brazil precisely because of his passing ability." - Al555

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #3772 on: April 28, 2011, 10:34:58 am »

Pull the reins on that high horse for a minute.
The vast majority of the unsavoury stuff last night came from Real.
Yes, a few of the Barca players were play-acting...but Busquets and Alves have unfortunately been at this for ages so it's no surprise.
Pedro and Villa have plenty of form for that shit too.

But Real were a disgrace...their manager put them on the pitch to do nothing but disrupt the game.
Ramos deserved a yellow without question for his body check on Messi, Marcelo should have been sent off for his stamp on Pedro, Pepe was harshly treated but was so stupid to go in like that in the first place.
On top of this, Arbeloa was lucky not to have been punished and Marcelo could also have been pulled up for other persistent fouls.
Even Xabi was trying to kick them on the way past, all because that was part of Mourinho's 'masterplan'.
Then we had the Real diving...Di Maria is pathetic, refusing to stand up to the slightest challenge, while Ronaldo is now a veteran at this nonsense. Pepe was also at it and Marcelo showed his unsavoury side time and again, not just last night but against Spurs when he laughed at having gotten Crouch sent off with his outrageous leap.

To tar both teams last night with the same brush in some sort of attempt to elevate your lot to a higher moral plane is fucking laughable.
A team whose harrassment of refs is taken as some sort of unfortunate necessity, whose supposedly angelic midfielder has a career-long history of nearly breaking legs with reckless tackles that are then laughed off, whose manager blindly accuses everyone outside his club of bias while avoiding even the slightest meaningful sanction, and whose supposed star player has grown into one of the most contemptible, arrogant shithouses in the game.
As for the diving, out your own house in order first.
Nani is a joke, Hernandez is fond of it as well and the martian up front is far from innocent.

Every club has its divers, us included, and it's embarrassing to watch, but don't go throwing insults when you have no place doing so.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:38:38 am by Regi »
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3773 on: April 28, 2011, 10:35:40 am »
We're talking about the football, though. Not the theatrics.

So you're saying don't even bother having a go at Barcelona cos there's a chance you might get beat. You know what, there's also a chance you might win. Rafa did. And as we saw last night, you can completly kill the game and still lose. At least go down with a bit of fight and pride. Barcelona are not very good at the back at all, see how Madrid give them loads of problems when they attacked them at the Bernebau in the league. Shaktar could have been two goals up before Barcelona scored against them.

You certainly have to keep it tight against them, but it is not necessary to completly kill the game to beat them. That's just the way that Mourinho chooses to do it, and for the life of me I can't figure out why you're running from thread to thread defending that man.

Let's remember that Mourinho did lose 5-0 to Barca trying to take the game to them.  Do you honestly think he or any coach after losing by that margin, would try and take the game to them again...In a CL semi-final?.     His team could have definitely played better than they did. Copa del Ray 1st half good.  They didn't have enough of the ball to do it today.

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: April 28, 2011, 10:36:56 am »
I don't think Twigg seriously thinks Liverpool fans will hope United win the CL after seeing last night's game, but imagine you were new to the sport and that was the first game of football you ever saw. What would you think?

Maybe something like: "Why is that little genius who's amazing with the ball playing in that c*nt pit?"
If it bothers you that much that your wife couldn't join the 'Coloured Society', I suggest you divorce your wife and marry a black woman.  Problem solved.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: April 28, 2011, 10:38:13 am »
I don't think Twigg seriously thinks Liverpool fans will hope United win the CL after seeing last night's game, but imagine you were new to the sport and that was the first game of football you ever saw. What would you think?

Maybe something like: "Why is that little genius who's amazing with the ball playing in that c*nt pit?"

That's what I think every time Hernandez turns out for you.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3776 on: April 28, 2011, 10:38:29 am »
They didn't have enough of the ball to do it today.

They had essentially 3 dm's yesterday and still couldn't keep a hold of the ball nor get it off Barca enough. That is awful.

Offline Twiggthemanc

• Thinks that Evra's by far a better left back than Evra. Definitely.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: April 28, 2011, 10:38:57 am »
Yes, a few of the Barca players were play-acting...but Busquets and Alves have unfortunately been at this for ages so it's no surprise.
But Real were a disgrace...their manager put them on the pitch to do nothing but disrupt the game.
Ramos deserved a yellow without question for his body check on Messi, Marcelo should have been sent off for his stamp on Pedro, Pepe was harshly treated but was so stupid to go in like that in the first place.
On top of this, Arbeloa was lucky not to have been punished and Marcelo could also have been pulled up for other persistent fouls.
Even Xabi was trying to kick them on the way past, all because that was part of Mourinho's 'masterplan'.
Then we had the Real diving...Di Maria is pathetic, refusing to stand up to the slightest challenge, while Ronaldo is now a veteran at this nonsense. Pepe was also at it and Marcelo showed his unsavoury side time and again, not just last night but against Spurs when he laughed at having gotten Crouch sent off with his outragous leap.

To tar both teams last night with the same brush in some sort of attempt to elevate your lot to a higher moral plane is fucking laughable.
A team whose harrassment of refs is taken as some sort of acceptable part of the game, whose supposedly angelic midfielder has a career-long history of nearly breaking legs with reckless tackles that are then laughed off, whose manager blindly accuses everyone outside his club of bias while avoiding even the slightest meaningful sanction, and whose supposed star player has grown into one of the most contemptible, arrogant shithouses in the game.
Nani is a joke, Hernandez is fond of it as well and the martian up front is far from innocent.

Every club has its divers, us included, and it's embarrassing to watch, but don't go throwing insults when you have no place doing so.

I'm sorry but if you can say "the vast majority of unsavoury incidents last night came from Real" then you're just not being objective.

There were numerous times when they flung themselves to ground holding their head or rolling around. I bet you can't find a video of a United player going down clutching his face when he'd been hit somewhere else.

I also bet you can't find an incident of United surrounding the ref with all 11 players including the keeper after such a relatively nothing incident.

Or a video of Fergie swearing before a game like Pep did.

Or a United player kicking the ball at some fans on purpose.

And it'd be impossible to find videos of that happening over 2 legs. Yesterday was EVERYTHING what was wrong with football. It was a horror show of how I'd hate football to become.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3778 on: April 28, 2011, 10:39:34 am »

Then we had the Real diving...Di Maria is pathetic, refusing to stand up to the slightest challenge, while Ronaldo is now a veteran at this nonsense. Pepe was also at it and Marcelo showed his unsavoury side time and again, not just last night but against Spurs when he laughed at having gotten Crouch sent off with his outrageous leap.

A team whose harrassment of refs is taken as some sort of unfortunate necessity, whose supposedly angelic midfielder has a career-long history of nearly breaking legs with reckless tackles that are then laughed off, whose manager blindly accuses everyone outside his club of bias while avoiding even the slightest meaningful sanction, and whose supposed star player has grown into one of the most contemptible, arrogant shithouses in the game.

I have never done this before but....

This.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3779 on: April 28, 2011, 10:39:43 am »
Let's remember that Mourinho did lose 5-0 to Barca trying to take the game to them.  Do you honestly think he or any coach after losing by that margin, would try and take the game to them again...In a CL semi-final?.     His team could have definitely played better than they did. Copa del Ray 1st half good.  They didn't have enough of the ball to do it today.

I'm not even talking about taking the game to Barcelona. There's a huge leap from completely killing the game, refusing to play any football at all and taking the game to them. And at home no less. You obvioulsy have to keep it very tight, but when you get the ball at least try and make use of it, not just lump it back and try and hold out for a 0-0. That's exactly what Mourinho did.

You could even understand it a little bit if he didn't have the players, but he had some of the best attackers in the world on the pitch and more on the bench.

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3780 on: April 28, 2011, 10:39:47 am »
That's what I think every time Hernandez turns out for you.

:D

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: April 28, 2011, 10:40:05 am »
Arbeloa knew what he was doing when he checked Pedro. Adebayor could have gone for his challenge late on, Pepe did go, even if it was slightly harsh, Marcelo's little stamp on Pedro again after that header...there's 4 shithouse acts for starters and I barely racked my tiny brain.

They're programmed to foul and break up play at every opportunity and eventually it's no surprise if it backfires.

Adebayor probably should have been sent off for that.  That was reckless from him.   but would you really consider Arbeloa's tackle "shithouse".  You see it in football every day.  And then you have busquets 'foul'.   

Marcelo's stamp was it on purpose? honestly couldn't tell.  I guess you could say he put little effort in trying to get out of the way.  If it was on purpose then that's fucking shameful behaviour. 

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: April 28, 2011, 10:42:30 am »
A Manc. On a Liverpool site. Trying to persuade us that his side isn't the biggest set of c*nts in the universe managed by the biggest c*nt in world football?

Really?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3783 on: April 28, 2011, 10:43:13 am »
Adebayor probably should have been sent off for that.  That was reckless from him.   but would you really consider Arbeloa's tackle "shithouse".  You see it in football every day.  And then you have busquets 'foul'.   

Fair enough, Arby’s challenge wasn’t shithouse, my mistake. But it was cynical and just made me think that he had been instructed to block off any runs to stop Barca’s killer through balls getting through.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3784 on: April 28, 2011, 10:45:41 am »
I'm not even talking about taking the game to Barcelona. There's a huge leap from completely killing the game, refusing to play any football at all and taking the game to them. And at home no less. You obvioulsy have to keep it very tight, but when you get the ball at least try and make use of it, not just lump it back and try and hold out for a 0-0. That's exactly what Mourinho did.

You could even understand it a little bit if he didn't have the players, but he had some of the best attackers in the world on the pitch and more on the bench.

depends on how you remember the game.. according to ESPN Real had 10 shots to Barca's 11.    "refusing to play any football at all" is slightly harsh.  They tried to counter attack a couple times, but had little help from midfield.  Neither team played well today, but I can understand what Mourinho was trying to do with his tactics.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #3785 on: April 28, 2011, 10:46:22 am »
I'm sorry but if you can say "the vast majority of unsavoury incidents last night came from Real" then you're just not being objective.

There were numerous times when they flung themselves to ground holding their head or rolling around. I bet you can't find a video of a United player going down clutching his face when he'd been hit somewhere else.

I also bet you can't find an incident of United surrounding the ref with all 11 players including the keeper after such a relatively nothing incident.

Or a video of Mr Alex Ferguson swearing before a game like Pep did.

Or a United player kicking the ball at some fans on purpose.

And it'd be impossible to find videos of that happening over 2 legs. Yesterday was EVERYTHING what was wrong with football. It was a horror show of how I'd hate football to become.

Please stop it...please.
A United fan slagging off a team for surrounding the ref.

That is quite frankly as laughable as it gets.

I've said that certain Barca players were far from innocent, but to continously band this drum, while ignoring the genius that won the game, is making you look like a dick.
I've seen diving worse than this, especially from Mourinho's own teams (Porto in particular), so it's not a new phenomenon.
In the end, as unpleasant as the game was, the cream rose to the top, which was the only saving grace.
And I hope that happens again in the final because when all is said and done, Messi and Xavi make the game enjoyable to watch.
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3786 on: April 28, 2011, 10:47:24 am »

The first half in the cup final was a good example.

Secondly, there seems to be two extremes contrasted - one: losing 5 - 0 after an attempt to play football, and two: the shit we saw last night. In fact, there is plenty of middle ground here, the area where one manager distinguishes himself from another. Against a superior team, there's no one holding a gun to your head to dominate from start to finish or to surrender the ball totally. Great managers pick areas of the opponent they can exploit, for example, an opposition fullback who may be slow in getting back to position after an overlap, a centre-back who may be too eager to push forward and challenge for headers, or a centre midfielder who doesn't position himself well etc. They'll then target these areas, little details that usually help you regain possession / keep it / press forward etc and build from there. Rafa did this to a tee, when using a vastly inferior squad, we looked comfortable against a top Juventus team in Turin for example. In plenty of Liverpool against Chelsea games you could spot good examples of this.

Mourinho did not. The first half in the Cup final suggested Madrid were capable at times, and I was looking forward to seeing more of that, but ultimately they stopped trying to find football solutions and stuck to putting up an organised human shield in their half and being snidey shits. It stinks of football cowardice.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #3787 on: April 28, 2011, 10:48:50 am »

Marcelo's stamp was it on purpose? honestly couldn't tell.  I guess you could say he put little effort in trying to get out of the way.  If it was on purpose then that's fucking shameful behaviour. 

Fucking right it was on purpose.
He tried to do it with one leg, but missed, so made sure he did it with the other!

Shithouse is exactly what it was
Lester Freamon

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3788 on: April 28, 2011, 10:48:51 am »
depends on how you remember the game.. according to ESPN Real had 10 shots to Barca's 11.    "refusing to play any football at all" is slightly harsh.  They tried to counter attack a couple times, but had little help from midfield.  Neither team played well today, but I can understand what Mourinho was trying to do with his tactics.

Well, I remember how the game went, picking random stats about fouls and shots from ESPN isn't a great way to remember the game.

I think refusing to play any football at all is a very accurate way of describing it. I can understand what Mourinho was trying to do as well. He was trying to completely kill the game, but thankfully it didn't work and Barca still won.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #3789 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:00 am »
Anybody what SBS's coverage of Madrid vs Barca?

The arguing by the studio hosts (forgot their names..) at half time was a joke.

It summed up the last 10 pages of thread actually...

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3790 on: April 28, 2011, 11:00:16 am »
Add Arbeloa on Villa previously to the list too.

Answered your own question mate. I don't remember this much bile, if any between Spanish national team players under Pellegrini.

Mourinho it is. Inter were the same ( I remember an instance under Rafa when he first took over at Inter when there was a supposed foul against an Inter player and the subs rose as one to heckle the ref. Rafa had to tell them to sit down and he'll deal with it or something along those lines, it was on the inter fan forum at the time. It's part of Mourinho's game I suppose, remake his players into whiny, spiteful c*nts.

Thats because pellegrini's team didn't go out to kick barca of the pitch but tried to match them with attacking intent. The first game at the nou camp real madrid were the better team and kaka was actually opening them up if not for a few great saves from valdes and an ibra volley might have been a different outcome.

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3791 on: April 28, 2011, 11:01:05 am »
Anyone see Xabi and Masch going at it in the first half during a Madrid corner? I wonder what they were saying..

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3792 on: April 28, 2011, 11:04:13 am »
Well, I remember how the game went, picking random stats about fouls and shots from ESPN isn't a great way to remember the game.

I think refusing to play any football at all is a very accurate way of describing it. I can understand what Mourinho was trying to do as well. He was trying to completely kill the game, but thankfully it didn't work and Barca still won.

I can't remember either team having as many shots as ESPN would say.  But Real did try to counter at times but it fell apart way too easily.  He didn't play long ball though.  Once maybe kicked up to Adebayor, but other than that none.  Barcelona play the football they always try and play.  They're not going to change it up.    Mourinho tried to completely kill Barca's attack.    For the neutrals who wanted to see a goal fest I'm sure they were unhappy, if Real Madrid came out of it 0-0, Mourinho would be quite happy, and I don't think he cares what the neutral let alone anyone else thinks..  And by 'thankfully' I hope you mean for the sake of beating utd in the final.  Because last night, Football did not win, no matter who you support, or who you favour.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3793 on: April 28, 2011, 11:07:59 am »
You know what I reckon the most efficient attacking football in the last 2 matches between Madrid and Barca was in the first of the Copa del Ray IMO... that was a masterclass in how to stop Barca's midfield controlling the match and putting them on the back foot. It was that fact they weren't able to do it in the second half was the problem if anything.. but no seriously that was great football by Madrid IMO and they could have gone in 3-0 up had it not been for bad finishing and hitting the post.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3794 on: April 28, 2011, 11:12:52 am »
You know what I reckon the most efficient attacking football in the last 2 matches between Madrid and Barca was in the first of the Copa del Ray IMO... that was a masterclass in how to stop Barca's midfield controlling the match and putting them on the back foot. It was that fact they weren't able to do it in the second half was the problem if anything.. but no seriously that was great football by Madrid IMO and they could have gone in 3-0 up had it not been for bad finishing and hitting the post.

Yeah.  It was genuinely great football from Madrid.  They couldn't keep it up though. I honestly thought they would have gone into last night's game similarly.  Just didn't work out for them

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3795 on: April 28, 2011, 11:14:33 am »

They have the players and ability to play that way , so that annoys  but didnt last night. They eventually got what they deserved.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #3796 on: April 28, 2011, 11:22:42 am »
I can't see how a neutral could want those c*nts to win.   

Because if they play you, they'll be playing the biggest c*nts on earth.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3797 on: April 28, 2011, 11:23:16 am »
I bet you can't find a video of a United player going down clutching his face when he'd been hit somewhere else.

1:46 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioyt2zzm530

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3798 on: April 28, 2011, 11:27:11 am »
I can't see how a neutral could want those c*nts to win.

You live in some kind of deluded world if you actually think there is such a thing as 'neutral' when it comes to United. Maybe apart from 20 year olds that used to fancy Becks and Ronaldo, and the entire population of Devon.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3799 on: April 28, 2011, 11:30:24 am »
They have the players and ability to play that way , so that annoys  but didnt last night. They eventually got what they deserved.

I agree but very few gave Mourinho any credit for sending his team out to play that way... all the talk was about how they only had 30 percent of the possession....

But that just goes to show you don't need to have the majority of possession to play attacking football.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:41:46 am by BMW »