Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4157591 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #49120 on: March 1, 2017, 12:42:20 pm »
Same reason you are Einstein.  ::)

You need a fridge shifting?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49121 on: March 1, 2017, 12:54:00 pm »
Removed the rumour post as it originated from the s*n

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/david-haye-fit-tony-bellew-9940630

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49122 on: March 1, 2017, 03:39:01 pm »
You need a fridge shifting?

That's never going to go away is it  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #49123 on: March 1, 2017, 04:52:16 pm »
I am a Haye fan and I think that he will win in the 3 rounds but all that bad language at the press briefing was not called for at all. I understand he is maybe doing it because he is trying to hype up the fight and get people to buy it but in all his fights its the same circus act. We had it with Briggs at the 02 outside (what happened to that fight anyway) all that bad blood with Dellboy and the glassing in Germany. No need for it just let your skills do the talking instead. It just leaves a bad example as a sportsman. I guess its part of boxing but wrong. I will get off my moral stance now.  If he did that stuff in the street he would be in jail. Not sure if its all for show or and act but not a good example as a human to set.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2017, 04:57:57 pm by scouseman »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49124 on: March 1, 2017, 04:54:37 pm »
Big British fights and Rawk Boxing thread don't mix.  :D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49125 on: March 1, 2017, 04:58:30 pm »
You know that Tony Bellew has literally played the bad guy in a Rocky film, right?

To be fair mate, I think his performance in that probably backs up what the lad was saying!

I don't think it's really a matter of it being 'staged'...  Unless you think the whole fight is going to be a sham then I think it's a bit silly to think they're trying to deceive people. They're going into that ring looking to smash the other in the face end of the day. I think when fighters do this (Bellew and Haye both have histories in this regard) it's just as much the same as when they give it the cocky 'I'm the best' spiel. Trying to get into that fighting state of mind, trying to get under the others skin.

I mean I'm not saying it's not 'part of the game'. Soon as the fight is over the animosity may be gone. I just don't think that makes it that much less real. They are just about to get into the ring and are putting their bodies and well-being on the line after all.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #49126 on: March 1, 2017, 05:09:51 pm »
Removed the rumour post as it originated from the s*n

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/david-haye-fit-tony-bellew-9940630

Sorry. Didn't know it came from there. Just flashed up on my twitter

Apologies

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49127 on: March 1, 2017, 05:12:27 pm »
Rumours that Haye has an Achilles injury.
Was in Germany seeing the same doctor who helped him with his right shoulder a few years back.

Haye camp and Hearn both say he's fit to fight Saturday night. Haye will be at the open workout tonight..
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49128 on: March 1, 2017, 06:33:31 pm »
Think this fight will be closer than people think it's going to be, for me it's a close contest with Haye just favorite but I wouldn't be surprised if Bellew wins.

Bellew to win by knockout looks like a good outside bet for me.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2017, 06:38:03 pm by Greatness »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49129 on: March 1, 2017, 06:38:43 pm »
What channel is it on?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49130 on: March 1, 2017, 06:44:27 pm »
I think Bellew is a live underdog

Haye hasn't fought in over 5 years. I don't count those light sparring sessions he has had as a fight.

Also, at HW Haye has really been smokle and mirrors. Barrett, Bonin,Harrison, Valuev, Ruiz, Chisora, De Mori, Gregarg is about as bad a cv as you are likely to see

His power should be enough to get Bellew out of there but I wouldn't be shocked if Tony pulls it off

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49131 on: March 1, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »
I am a Haye fan and I think that he will win in the 3 rounds but all that bad language at the press briefing was not called for at all.

To be fair they wouldn't let any of the Haye camp say anything. 

The crowd were just hurling abuse at him and his camp whenever they tried to speak.  I thought they deserved the comments personally as they showed no respect to Haye, so I don't see why he can't give some chat back to them.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49132 on: March 1, 2017, 07:16:00 pm »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49133 on: March 1, 2017, 07:17:14 pm »
I am a Haye fan and I think that he will win in the 3 rounds but all that bad language at the press briefing was not called for at all. I understand he is maybe doing it because he is trying to hype up the fight and get people to buy it but in all his fights its the same circus act. We had it with Briggs at the 02 outside (what happened to that fight anyway) all that bad blood with Dellboy and the glassing in Germany. No need for it just let your skills do the talking instead. It just leaves a bad example as a sportsman. I guess its part of boxing but wrong. I will get off my moral stance now.  If he did that stuff in the street he would be in jail. Not sure if its all for show or and act but not a good example as a human to set.

It was a reaction to all the shit and even worse language that was thrown at him. Fans give it out and moan when they get a reaction it's pathetic.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49134 on: March 1, 2017, 07:19:43 pm »
I think Bellew is a live underdog

Haye hasn't fought in over 5 years. I don't count those light sparring sessions he has had as a fight.

Also, at HW Haye has really been smokle and mirrors. Barrett, Bonin,Harrison, Valuev, Ruiz, Chisora, De Mori, Gregarg is about as bad a cv as you are likely to see

His power should be enough to get Bellew out of there but I wouldn't be shocked if Tony pulls it off

How is Bellew likely to get on against those heavyweights? Chisora knocks him out. Valuev and Ruiz he's not beating.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49135 on: March 1, 2017, 08:05:11 pm »
How is Bellew likely to get on against those heavyweights? Chisora knocks him out. Valuev and Ruiz he's not beating.

Agreed.

Haye shold be a step above Bellew, be interesting to see if he can get him out of there quickly.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49136 on: March 1, 2017, 08:05:34 pm »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49137 on: March 1, 2017, 08:15:08 pm »

Good point

He could very well lose to all of them.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49138 on: March 1, 2017, 08:27:57 pm »
I hope none of you fuckers actually pay for this PPV fight/card. It's not worth it.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49139 on: March 1, 2017, 08:29:50 pm »
Was hoping for a Haye win but he's come across as an absolute wanker and seems happy to look down his nose at scousers. Hope Bellew drops him now
To be fair the scousers at that press conference were absolute dick heads and deserved all the shit they got.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #49140 on: March 1, 2017, 08:30:00 pm »
I hope none of you fuckers actually pay for this PPV fight/card. It's not worth it.
As long we have your brilliant streams ( ;)), I won't be shelling out a penny for this

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49141 on: March 1, 2017, 08:30:14 pm »

Thanks for putting the image of Bellew v Harrison in my head. If that fight had happened you'd be able to get the DVD on the NHS for insomnia.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49142 on: March 1, 2017, 08:52:34 pm »

Fully agree.. it's a mugs fight.  Hopefully true boxing fans won't be sucked into wasting their money on this.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49143 on: March 1, 2017, 08:54:37 pm »
I'll be paying for it.. few of us in a house share so works out about 4/5 quid each. Looking forward to it too
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #49144 on: March 1, 2017, 09:09:10 pm »
To be fair they wouldn't let any of the Haye camp say anything. 

The crowd were just hurling abuse at him and his camp whenever they tried to speak.  I thought they deserved the comments personally as they showed no respect to Haye, so I don't see why he can't give some chat back to them.

good point mate. Your right that they would not give his camp any chance to talk e.g. when the manager of Haye came to talk they kept saying that they did not know who he was with plenty of expletives in between. So a guess you give as good as you get in that situation.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49145 on: March 1, 2017, 09:54:51 pm »
Free for me so looking forward to it. Watched behind the ropes earlier and think Coldwell is under estimating Haye or just doesn't seem to know/think about the difference in opponent he's facing.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #49146 on: March 1, 2017, 10:03:21 pm »
Standing by my prediction from day one on Haye-Bellew. It's a pay day for both that they agreed a long time ago

If we see a brutal KO I will apologise but I am betting we don't

They are PPV dancing partners dancing to Eddie's tune

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49147 on: March 1, 2017, 10:10:31 pm »
Standing by my prediction from day one on Haye-Bellew. It's a pay day for both that they agreed a long time ago

Think the same 7's.

It all seems a massive set up. The rich against the poor, the northern against the southern - it all seems planned! Now Sky are making it red v blue.

I can't this seriously.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2017, 11:26:25 pm by Fordy »

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #49148 on: March 1, 2017, 11:18:12 pm »
Pure WWE

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49149 on: March 2, 2017, 09:20:37 am »

It's worked though, hasn't it? People in here saying they're going to buy it, then they'll all be in here after the fight saying boxing is shit and MMA is better etc.

I do think it will be a very short KO though, if Haye wins and looks good then him and Joshua sell out Wembley. Hearn has already said the winner is in prime position for Joshua.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #49150 on: March 2, 2017, 10:33:58 am »
Sorry to go off Haye v Bellew topic for a minute (I will buy the fight and am looking forward to it by the way) but I watched the 'no mas' 30 for 30 ESPN documentary yesterday and it was very interesting.

Anyone got any theories about why Duran packed in? He is sticking to his story that he over ate after dropping so much weight to make the fight and he got stomach cramps but it was obvious, even after Leonard asked him face to face at the end that Leonard doesn't believe him.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49151 on: March 2, 2017, 10:40:18 am »
He couldn't deal with the speed and elusiveness in my opinion. Shame that phrase will in some way define his career when he was a warrior who went from 130-168lbs and beat quality fighters along the way

Who do you guys like in the battle of Garcia v Thurman? Great fight, I'm going to go with Garcia

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #49152 on: March 2, 2017, 10:49:06 am »
He couldn't deal with the speed and elusiveness in my opinion. Shame that phrase will in some way define his career when he was a warrior who went from 130-168lbs and beat quality fighters along the way

He said, even now, 37 years on, people still shout no mas at him in the street but, the fact that he came back after that to win world titles did seem to soften the stance towards him from the panamanians who turned on him after the fight.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49153 on: March 2, 2017, 12:11:49 pm »
Haye to knock the big mouthed c*nt out in round 3, easy.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #49154 on: March 2, 2017, 12:34:43 pm »

Who do you guys like in the battle of Garcia v Thurman? Great fight, I'm going to go with Garcia
Was leaning toward Thurman but remembered Garcia is no mug and has a killer left hook. Draw I think, it's too close to call.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49155 on: March 2, 2017, 12:39:41 pm »
Bellew obsessed with taking the moral high ground. Was banging on about Haye language yesterday when he swears as much as anyone I have seen in boxing.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #49156 on: March 2, 2017, 12:39:54 pm »
Anybody recommend what addon on  Kodi will show the fight

Cheers

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49157 on: March 2, 2017, 01:06:46 pm »
Haye saying hell send bellews fans back to their mud huts and they're saving up their gyros. No idea how anyone on here can support the Tory cockney c*nt
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49158 on: March 2, 2017, 01:20:42 pm »
Haye saying hell send bellews fans back to their mud huts and they're saving up their gyros. No idea how anyone on here can support the Tory cockney c*nt

He was talking about Bellew's fans at the presser not Liverpool on the whole.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #49159 on: March 2, 2017, 01:23:20 pm »
Nah, i can't see Bellew appealing to many outside Liverpool, he doesn't appeal to a lot from Liverpool. Haye knew what he was doing alright.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.