Author Topic: UEFA Europa League 2016-17  (Read 153585 times)

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UEFA Europa League 2016-17
« Reply #1080 on: February 24, 2017, 12:42:05 pm »
Ah,Olympiacos-Beşiktaş,they gonna need army to secure that match.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: February 24, 2017, 12:51:05 pm »

Nah, Olympiakos just eliminated Turkish side Osmanlispor (The Ottomans-sport) and nothing happened.
passionate fans from both teams will be good for TV though.

That being said, if Beşiktaş fans opens provocative "Istanbul: Since 1453" banner, you never know ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:53:04 pm by elsewhere »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: February 24, 2017, 12:51:05 pm »
Europa League round of 16 draw;

Celta v Krasnodar
APOEL v Anderlecht
Schalke 04 v Borussia Monchengladbach
Lyon v Roma
Rostov v Man Utd
Olympiacos v Beşiktaş
Gent v Genk
Copenhagen v Ajax

I think Rostov will beat United. United themselves probably hoped for a much easier tie, but instead got one of the worst! Not only will it be difficult, they might not get to be the sixth best team in the competition! ;D

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: February 24, 2017, 12:51:16 pm »

It gonna be tense game fo'sho.

At least the Mancs have to travel, Rostov seem to have good home form and could well get something from the first leg, but United will win the tie though I fear.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:52:52 pm by Can I get J_Kopite again please? »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: February 24, 2017, 12:56:21 pm »
i hope Rostov comes up with stadium improvement excuse and instead plays the match in far eastern Russia like Kamchatka,Russia near Japan.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: February 24, 2017, 12:57:47 pm »
Such a weak collection of teams, this competition is becoming very second rate, Man utd are 5th favs out of 8 teams in the fa cup, and favourites out of 16 teams for EL.

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #1086 on: February 24, 2017, 12:58:47 pm »
Nah, Olympiakos just eliminated Turkish side Osmanlispor (The Ottomans-sport) and nothing happened.
passionate fans from both teams will be good for TV though.

That being said, if Beşiktaş fans opens provocative "Istanbul: Since 1453" banner, you never know ;)
Yep but Beşiktaş is one of big 3,certainly much more fans then Osmanlispor.Much more high profile match for both teams.

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #1087 on: February 24, 2017, 01:01:52 pm »
Such a weak collection of teams, this competition is becoming very second rate, Man utd are 5th favs out of 8 teams in the fa cup, and favourites out of 16 teams for EL.
Ah usual English mentality,we are not in it so lets piss on it.You understimate other teams and clubs so much that is no wonder your national team losing against Iceland and your clubs failling in Europe.Simply dont get this kind of mentality.Spurs yesterday is perfect example.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: February 24, 2017, 01:03:35 pm »
Yep but Beşiktaş is one of big 3,certainly much more fans then Osmanlispor.Much more high profile match for both teams.

True. Also, I think if Beşiktaş loses the first match, then 2nd match will be a bit wild.
I am a Fenerbahce fan so i hope Olympiakos eats them alive :D

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #1089 on: February 24, 2017, 01:08:16 pm »
Roma, Lyon, Schalke, Olympiakos, Ajax. All CL quality, how is that a weak collection of teams?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: February 24, 2017, 01:13:55 pm »
Ajax are crap. It's the worst Olympiakos team in years despite pissing their bent league. Lyon have lost 10 league games out of 25 in the French league. Nothing screams meh like mid table side Schalke.

Roma yeah, they are a good side but unfortunately are more Arsenal than Arsenal themselves.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: February 24, 2017, 01:23:47 pm »
Rostov is not an easy round. They nearly won the RPL, beat Bayern in the Champions League, have a terrible pitch and a couple of really talented players. Plus there's the long travel and freezing conditions!

Keep hearing about them as a bit of a dark horse - but I'm kind of arrogant in the fact that if I haven't heard of them they're no good. Obviously hope they knock the Mancs out but I imagine United will do enough at OT to see them through.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #1092 on: February 24, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »
Keep hearing about them as a bit of a dark horse - but I'm kind of arrogant in the fact that if I haven't heard of them they're no good. Obviously hope they knock the Mancs out but I imagine United will do enough at OT to see them through.

Christ

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: February 24, 2017, 01:44:49 pm »
Watched that documentary on Russian hooligans last night and the city of Rostov features quite heavily.

They are in serious training to destroy any English fans in 2018 so the Manc gobshites should be a nice pre World Cup warm up for them :)

They have indicated unless you've got a woman or kids with you...your getting it.

Utter c*nts like but I'll let it go when the mancs visit Russia :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: February 24, 2017, 01:46:18 pm »
Christ

Care to elaborate?

Arrogance is pejorative. I don't take pride in the fact I don't know some teams, however I like to think I have enough knowledge of European football that if they were a serious contender I would know more about them.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: February 24, 2017, 01:54:44 pm »
Ah usual English mentality,we are not in it so lets piss on it.You understimate other teams and clubs so much that is no wonder your national team losing against Iceland and your clubs failling in Europe.Simply dont get this kind of mentality.Spurs yesterday is perfect example.

Its not mentality, its quality. Where are the quality teams, maybe you can point them out to me instead of trying to become popular.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #1096 on: February 24, 2017, 02:01:01 pm »
Care to elaborate?

Arrogance is pejorative. I don't take pride in the fact I don't know some teams, however I like to think I have enough knowledge of European football that if they were a serious contender I would know more about them.

This season they have been extremely competitive in European football. Knocked Ajax out the qualifiers, beat Bayern at home and gave Atletico 2 hard games. Just because you admit you don't take pride in it doesn't mean its OK to dismiss a team just because you havent heard of them. They were a decent story in this seasons CL.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: February 24, 2017, 02:05:10 pm »
This season they have been extremely competitive in European football. Knocked Ajax out the qualifiers, beat Bayern at home and gave Atletico 2 hard games. Just because you admit you don't take pride in it doesn't mean its OK to dismiss a team just because you havent heard of them. They were a decent story in this seasons CL.

Thank you, much better than just "Christ". I'll read up on them, they sound like they might be on the up. Anyone know what their fans are like? My only experience of Russian fans in the flesh were Zenit 3 years ago. The night of Carragher's horrific back-pass and two gorgeous Suarez free kicks - I remember thinking they were right bell whiffs.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1098 on: February 24, 2017, 02:20:26 pm »
Would Olympiakos v Beşiktaş be a bit tasty?

Probably two Belgian sides in the last 8 which would be more than any other league!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: February 24, 2017, 02:21:22 pm »
Would Olympiakos v Beşiktaş be a bit tasty?

Probably two Belgian sides in the last 8 which would be more than any other league!

Are you a Gent or a Genk?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1100 on: February 24, 2017, 02:23:31 pm »
Thank you, much better than just "Christ". I'll read up on them, they sound like they might be on the up. Anyone know what their fans are like? My only experience of Russian fans in the flesh were Zenit 3 years ago. The night of Carragher's horrific back-pass and two gorgeous Suarez free kicks - I remember thinking they were right bell whiffs.

There was a bbc4 program this week about Russian hooligans and I think it featured Rostov.  They had arranged some meet with another firm in the woods somewhere and all turned up in sports gear, mouth guards doing warm ups and all sorts. They're still stuck in the mindset that all English are fair game because of the hooligan past. Probably not high on the list of fun European away trips!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: February 24, 2017, 02:26:52 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0LHFfKANkE

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: February 24, 2017, 02:43:09 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0LHFfKANkE

Crikey  :o

If English fans had any sense they'd stay well away. Oh wait... :wave

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: February 24, 2017, 02:44:10 pm »
There was a bbc4 program this week about Russian hooligans and I think it featured Rostov.  They had arranged some meet with another firm in the woods somewhere and all turned up in sports gear, mouth guards doing warm ups and all sorts. They're still stuck in the mindset that all English are fair game because of the hooligan past. Probably not high on the list of fun European away trips!

:) That was utter nuts that was

Watched that documentary on Russian hooligans last night and the city of Rostov features quite heavily.

They are in serious training to destroy any English fans in 2018 so the Manc gobshites should be a nice pre World Cup warm up for them :)

They have indicated unless you've got a woman or kids with you...your getting it.

Utter c*nts like but I'll let it go when the mancs visit Russia :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1104 on: February 24, 2017, 03:46:51 pm »
:) That was utter nuts that was

It was the way when it ended they were all slapping each other in the backs. Three cheers for the opposition, hip hop..hooray!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1105 on: February 27, 2017, 11:51:13 am »
Was just looking at this competition following a mention in one of the other threads.

Edin Dzeko is banging them in, isn't he.  As well as being top scorer in Seria A (19 goals), he's leading the way in the Europa League with 8 in less than 360 minutes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:52:51 am by jackh »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: March 9, 2017, 01:37:57 pm »
Schalke vs Borussia Monchengladbbach live on BT Showcase tonight.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1107 on: March 9, 2017, 02:05:37 pm »
shame the two Bundesliga clubs got drawn together, it isn't the strongest competition this season, so one of them being knocked out isn't good.

Gotta go for Gladbach in this round though, after their struggles this season, they've turned it around, and are one of the form teams of the Bundesliga going into this game.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #1108 on: March 9, 2017, 02:41:24 pm »
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1109 on: March 9, 2017, 02:44:42 pm »
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE - ROUND OF 16

6.00pm KO

Apoel Nicosia v RSC Anderlecht   
FC Copenhagen v Ajax   
FC Rostov v Manchester United   

8.05pm KO

Celta Vigo v FK Krasnodar   
FC Schalke 04 v Borussia Mönchengladbach   
KAA Gent v KRC Genk      
Lyon Vs Roma
Olympiakos v Beşiktaş      
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1110 on: March 9, 2017, 03:23:07 pm »
Come on Azmoun. Time to step up and earn a big summer move son.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: March 9, 2017, 05:31:23 pm »
Haha watched this documentary myself last night and it was mental!

Lets hope their fans have been chased around Rostov all afternoon. :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: March 9, 2017, 05:32:49 pm »
WTF :no

United fans have received a warm welcome from their hosts - with Rostov fans even handing out blankets to ensure travelling supporters keep warm during the game.

Source: BBC Footy

Be like the Centenary stand in there tonight!!

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: March 9, 2017, 05:37:33 pm »
Hope you aren't really looking for violence mate? f**king neanderthals are going to be out in force next summer for the World Cup, gona be carnage.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1114 on: March 9, 2017, 06:03:51 pm »
Pogba is so wonderfully shit :)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #1115 on: March 9, 2017, 06:11:50 pm »
Hope you aren't really looking for violence mate? f**king neanderthals are going to be out in force next summer for the World Cup, gona be carnage.
I dont think so,they are under Putin control,dont think he gonna allow them doing crap in their own country.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: March 9, 2017, 06:20:38 pm »
20 mins of pretty dire football by both teams so far.  Azmoun not even starting for Rostov, which is  a shame.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
UEFA Europa League 2016-17
« Reply #1117 on: March 9, 2017, 06:20:52 pm »
These Rostovites don't look like they have goals in them

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: March 9, 2017, 06:22:01 pm »
Retrospective 3 game ban for Henrik in next season's Europa league
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: March 9, 2017, 06:22:19 pm »
These Rostovites don't look like they have goals in them

they are going down like flies as well, already had to sub one off injured.