Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 585465 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:15:04 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
Re: Spanish Football 2016/2017
« Reply #1122 on: February 22, 2017, 07:17:25 pm »
I thought that was a clear penalty for Valencia, a few minutes ago. Does it matter if Navas may have gotten there first? Surely that's a discussion for the manger and his defender, not the ref.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1123 on: February 22, 2017, 07:19:33 pm »
Good work Jason. However you don't need a quality stream to see how Valencia have been denied two good penalty claims. You just know how it's going to end.

:)

Ramos on Munir was a stick on penalty - ref bottled that - didn't see the other though (Carjaval barging over the Valencia forward who about to shoot?)

76 mins in - surely some dodgy pens and freekicks to be awarded to Real from now on in...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1124 on: February 22, 2017, 07:22:54 pm »
Come on Valencia.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1125 on: February 22, 2017, 07:38:28 pm »

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1126 on: February 22, 2017, 07:38:50 pm »
Pleased RM got beat, but the diving and throwing themselves to the ground to buy free kicks from Valencia players was classic LaLiga crap.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: February 22, 2017, 07:40:10 pm »
Great result. Title race back on, Barca are behind a point and if Real do win the game in hand, it goes to 4, so still very close with El Clasico coming

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1128 on: February 22, 2017, 07:41:08 pm »
Come on Valencia.  :D

Well drilled by that young foreign coach they had last season,  clearly had a lasting impact.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1129 on: February 22, 2017, 07:42:20 pm »
Well drilled by that young foreign coach they had last season,  clearly had a lasting impact.

Is well drilled synonymous with shafted?

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: February 22, 2017, 07:51:38 pm »
The league needed that Real Madrid defeat tonight ignites the title race again, Barcelona got a toughie on the weekend against a bang in form Atletico Madrid side though.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:11:39 pm by Greatness »

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: February 22, 2017, 08:07:22 pm »
a bag in form Atletico Madrid side though.

Are you saying they're doping? ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: February 22, 2017, 08:12:06 pm »
Are you saying they're doping? ;D
That might be true, Simeone does look like a character from Narcos  ;D

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: February 22, 2017, 08:16:06 pm »
That might be true, Simeone does look like a character from Narcos  ;D

Haha you're not wrong there. You could do a great crime drama with the Atletico squad I reckon. Savic and Juanfran as Simeone's henchmen. Torres and Griezmann as the babyfaced new cops on the beat trying to infiltrate Don Simeone's mafia.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: February 22, 2017, 08:17:25 pm »
Haha you're not wrong there. You could do a great crime drama with the Atletico squad I reckon. Savic and Juanfran as Simeone's henchmen. Torres and Griezmann as the babyfaced new cops on the beat trying to infiltrate Don Simeone's mafia.
Disappointing you didn't create a role for Gabi and Godin in that show  ;D

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: February 22, 2017, 08:18:50 pm »
Disappointing you didn't create a role for Gabi and Godin in that show  ;D

Godin's the dodgy coroner who has to get rid of the bodies.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1136 on: February 23, 2017, 02:10:37 pm »
Barcelona away to Atletico and Real Madrid away to Villarreal at the weekend, two huge games.

I wonder if Villarreal are going to put out a second string side against Roma tonight? 4 away goals down you'd have thought it was the logical thing to do.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1137 on: February 26, 2017, 12:25:38 pm »
Atleti v Barca will be intriguing.

Barca have won 4 of the last 5 there (in all comps). Simeone's men aren't the teak tough defensive unit they were there, lesser sides like Vigo have had joy against them.

Should be another tense tight game, with a red card or 2 thrown in for good measure. If the home side get a result, a win for Real at Villareal might be the key moment in the title race.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: February 26, 2017, 12:35:57 pm »

I hope he continues to lead them successfully. It is satisfying seeing teams like Valencia progress, they're good clubs with real footballing history. Really want to see Valencia back in the Champion's League.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: February 26, 2017, 12:46:27 pm »
Really want to see Valencia back in the Champion's League.

You know they're ran by Peter Lim right?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: February 26, 2017, 12:56:44 pm »
You know they're ran by Peter Lim right?

I don't give a damn who owns them. There are loads of people in football now, who I wouldn't give the time of day too and my post wasn't about him was it? It doesn't mean their coach isn't doing a fine job with a team that has plenty of history.

If we are really going to comment about other's clubs owners, maybe we should also acknowledge, there are plenty of Liverpool fans too who would jump at the chance of some faceless Chinese consortium taking over the club, and throwing wads of cash around. Do I agree with it, no I don't but that's football in the world today.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: February 26, 2017, 01:05:17 pm »
Maybe you should.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/news/valencia-fans-stage-mass-protest-aimed-squarely-peter-lim

I know all of that, but my point was about the coach and how he is coaching them. I wish the Valencia fans the best of luck with getting rid of Lim. It will be one criminal less in football then, but there are still plenty of others, including in the Premier League as we all know.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1143 on: February 26, 2017, 01:16:08 pm »
I know all of that, but my point was about the coach and how he is coaching them. I wish the Valencia fans the best of luck with getting rid of Lim. It will be one criminal less in football then, but there are still plenty of others, including in the Premier League as we all know.

I was talking about their old coach, the Englishman. :D

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: February 26, 2017, 01:24:54 pm »
I was talking about their old coach, the Englishman. :D

I guessed that.  ;) But I did enjoy that game they played against RM, and it was good to the Mestalla getting behind their team that night, after some pretty lousy matches this season. I hope they get out of their current situation, I have a high regard for Valencia, despite the present owner. When Rafa brought that team over to Anfeld, it was one of the best I had seen, taught us a footballing lesson that night.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: February 26, 2017, 01:29:35 pm »
Atleti v Barca will be intriguing.

Barca have won 4 of the last 5 there (in all comps). Simeone's men aren't the teak tough defensive unit they were there, lesser sides like Vigo have had joy against them.

Should be another tense tight game, with a red card or 2 thrown in for good measure. If the home side get a result, a win for Real at Villareal might be the key moment in the title race.
Atletico have been leaking goals recently because Oblak was out for months and Godin has missed the last four games, both should be back in the lineup for this game which is a massive boost.

Barcelona still look like they are reeling from that Paris defeat, judging by their performance against Legenes last week.

Atletico have scored 11 goals in their last three games, with Gameiro and Grezimann seeming to have formed the makings of a deadly partnership up front.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: February 26, 2017, 03:07:58 pm »

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: February 26, 2017, 03:34:27 pm »
All Atletico at the moment, Barce hanging on

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1148 on: February 26, 2017, 03:41:36 pm »
Atletico-Barca stream

http://gibanica.club/skysports22.html

Kwalitee - ta mate :)

One day I'll see Sergio Roberto at full-back actually get close to his opponent - maybe tackle him, maybe push him on his weak side, maybe even block a cross - that sort of thing - and not just let his man do whatever he wants with the ball...

I know he's a midfielder playing there - but he's 25 years old - surely he has enough about him to do the basics in that position?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:47:18 pm by oojason »

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1149 on: February 26, 2017, 03:45:14 pm »
Suarez is just box office

Can't help himself

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1150 on: February 26, 2017, 03:46:31 pm »
Barca struggling with their new 343 diamond formation, build-up play extremely poor.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: February 26, 2017, 03:47:38 pm »
Barce have the ball in the net in their first attack but disallowed for a Suarez handball. Their front 3 have done nothing so far but really quick when they finally got the ball, its really poor though how they are not helping the team or contributing off the ball.

Also, what is happening with Gimenez for Atletico, always thought he was a brilliant young defender but he has hardly played this season. He only has 12 months left on his contract this summer- reckon he could leave?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: February 26, 2017, 03:58:26 pm »
Pique almost.

Barca should attack more in 2nd, i don't think 1 point helps them much.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: February 26, 2017, 04:05:10 pm »
Barce have the ball in the net in their first attack but disallowed for a Suarez handball. Their front 3 have done nothing so far but really quick when they finally got the ball, its really poor though how they are not helping the team or contributing off the ball.

Also, what is happening with Gimenez for Atletico, always thought he was a brilliant young defender but he has hardly played this season. He only has 12 months left on his contract this summer- reckon he could leave?
Gimenez is talented but he's still raw and can make rash decisions at times, think Atletico will keep him around though as he and Lucas Hernandez will be the cornerstone of their defense in three or four years time.

Online Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1154 on: February 26, 2017, 04:11:30 pm »
Where is Javier Mascherano? I havent seen him in the team for a while now.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: February 26, 2017, 04:34:51 pm »
RAFINHA!
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: February 26, 2017, 04:36:31 pm »

Hammy injury.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: February 26, 2017, 04:38:36 pm »
Didn't realise he had an injury like Phil said, but even when fit he doesn't make the team, regular fixture on the bench.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:24 pm »
Torres on now.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: February 26, 2017, 04:41:29 pm »
Stuffy atleti goal after a brilliant whipped in freekick.