Author Topic: Leicester City; Champions 2015-2016  (Read 276479 times)

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
Re: Leicester City 2014-2015
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2015, 02:19:29 pm »
They're gonna finish 5th.
Fairytales have a way of not occurring in the Premier League...Or maybe 13/14 just numbed me.

Hope they get top 4 at the very least though, and would love them to win the title...Just...Seems like it'd be too much fun for it to actually happen. Like the 13/14 title surge, or Chelsea getting relegated this year...But fingers crossed on that count too.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2015, 02:26:00 pm »
It has been a great story but you assume they'll drop off a bit as tiredness and injuries creep in, plus other teams will take their better players. Also their fixture list has been relatively kind so far. They've played 9 games against the other teams in the top half, six of those at home, and their record is W3 D4 L2. That's decent but not title-winning or even top 4 form.

They've got to go to all the other top 6 teams and have only beaten Palace in the equivalent home game. They also face visits from the current mid-table teams that can cause problems (Stoke, Everton, Southampton, West Brom and yourselves).

I'm sure they're enjoying this season immensely (although some of their fans seem to have turned into a right bunch of cocks) but it looks like they'll be playing in Europe next season and could well be without Vardy & Mahrez so they should enjoy it while it lasts. It's only 5 seasons ago that Newcastle finished in 5th place.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:53:03 pm by ManchesterBlue »

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2015, 02:30:26 pm »
I think theyll get top 4, no European games to worry about, 1 game a week, they host the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle and Swansea, if they beat the rubbish at home it'll be enough for 4th this season. Even if they lose every big away game.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2015, 02:30:32 pm »
It has been a great story but you assume they'll drop off a bit as tiredness and injuries creep in, plus other teams will take their better players. Also their fixture list has been relatively kind so far. They've played 9 games against the other teams in the top half, six of those at home, and their record is W3 D4 L2. That's decent but not title-winning or even top 4 form.

They've got to go to all the other top 6 teams and have only beaten Palace in the equivalent home game. They also face visits from the current mid-table teams that can cause problems (Stoke, Everton, Southampton, West Brom and yourselves).

I'm sure they're enjoying this season immensely (although some of their fans seem to have turned into a right bunch of cocks) but it looks like they'll be playing in Europe next season and could well be without Vardy & Mahrez so they should enjoy it while it lasts. It's only 5 seasons ago that Newcastle finished in 5th place.

:wanker
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2015, 02:30:39 pm »
Vardy looked fucked last night, could be the inevitable drop so they're gonna need someone from Ulloa/Okazaki/Kramaric to step up over the next few weeks or they might start dropping points against teams they weren't before.

In terms of what they can achieve this season, this weekend against Bournemouth is massive.

It's inevitable they'll get leggy at some point because Ranieri hasn't rotated the team much. I didn't particularly enjoy the game last night but Ranieri got his tactics spot on. The last thing Leicester needed was to start a run of poor form, they stopped the losing streak before it really even got going. You'd think Leicester would look to strengthen a bit in january, somebody like Remy would be perfect. Not getting football at Chelsea and he's similar to Vardy in terms of style. I think they should target him

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »
It's inevitable they'll get leggy at some point because Ranieri hasn't rotated the team much. I didn't particularly enjoy the game last night but Ranieri got his tactics spot on. The last thing Leicester needed was to start a run of poor form, they stopped the losing streak before it really even got going. You'd think Leicester would look to strengthen a bit in january, somebody like Remy would be perfect. Not getting football at Chelsea and he's similar to Vardy in terms of style. I think they should target him

Remy has been linked with Villa, but I can't see Chelsea selling to a relegation rival.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2015, 02:40:21 pm »
Remy has been linked with Villa, but I can't see Chelsea selling to a relegation rival.

;D He'd be crazy to join Villa, they're unbelievably shit. He's good enough to be a back up at Leicester without a doubt

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2015, 02:41:28 pm »

They've had a decent amount of success with signings from France so wouldnt be surprised to see them go and try and pick up another couple of gems from there.

Seem to have their heads screwed on, so cant imagine they'll chuck the sort of money Chelsea and Remy would want. Even their big signings tend to be 'moneyball' in theory, like Kramaric who was very highly sought after but just hasnt been given the game time. Okazaki too, taking into account merchandise elsewhere, raising profile etc. Maybe someone like Charlie Austin, but they'll need to get rid of a striker first if they're going to sign someone. Would expect them more to sign another attacking midfielder.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2015, 02:45:35 pm »
They've had a decent amount of success with signings from France so wouldnt be surprised to see them go and try and pick up another couple of gems from there.

Seem to have their heads screwed on, so cant imagine they'll chuck the sort of money Chelsea and Remy would want. Even their big signings tend to be 'moneyball' in theory, like Kramaric who was very highly sought after but just hasnt been given the game time. Okazaki too, taking into account merchandise elsewhere, raising profile etc. Maybe someone like Charlie Austin, but they'll need to get rid of a striker first if they're going to sign someone. Would expect them more to sign another attacking midfielder.

Fair points, they've done brilliantly signing players from France. Even Knockaert who was sold when they reached the PL was a success for them. They've scoured France brilliantly. I don't think Remy would cost that much really, £5m or so, but his wages might be a tad high. I don't think Charlie Austin would be a great signing for Leicester. He's nowhere near as mobile as Vardy so there'd be quite a shift in style where he to join, he's more of a targetman.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2015, 02:49:08 pm »
Vardy looked fucked last night,

Hardly surprising really, he had a virus / fever over chrimbo and did well to even start the games against City and ourselves.......

I think Ranieri has enough about him to keep them in the top 4 ...key injuries notwithstanding
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2015, 02:49:54 pm »
Vardy just needs a bit of a rest, thats all. He should have come off after an hour last night and stuck Okazaki on. Just someone to come in occassionally for a different option, they dont need to get someone nearly as good as Vardy cos they'll just end up warming the bench anyway.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2015, 04:19:20 pm »
:wanker
Well you are 10th at the moment, which is pretty much the definition of mid-table. But if you get three points tonight I'll move you outside the brackets.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2015, 09:53:50 pm »

They've got to go to all the other top 6 teams and have only beaten Palace in the equivalent home game. They also face visits from the current mid-table teams that can cause problems (Stoke, Everton, Southampton, West Brom) and yourselves.

There. I've changed it as promised.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2015, 11:52:44 pm »
Well you are 10th at the moment, which is pretty much the definition of mid-table. But if you get three points tonight I'll move you outside the brackets.

Six points behind you now and we play you at Anfield in March where we'll beat you again after your 4-1 humiliation at home in November :wave
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:55:25 pm by mersey_paradise »
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2015, 11:55:41 pm »

Good job on not relying on slave labour to get it sorted  :thumbup
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2016, 09:58:40 pm »
I've been one of Leicester's doubters but i think they'll get top 4 now. Spurs, Utd and ourselves are stinking it up.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2016, 10:42:24 pm »
No way they're finishing out of the top 4 this season now.

I absolutely thought they would drop off and finish around 5th or 6th, but they really are the real deal this season.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:28:01 am by Caligula? »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2016, 10:46:28 pm »
but i thought we burst their bubble
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2016, 10:49:30 pm »

I absolutely thought they would drop off and finish around 5th or 5th, but they really are the real deal this season.
Haha!

The amount of bedwetting on rawk is incredible.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2016, 10:55:27 pm »
I hope they do it.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2016, 10:56:48 pm »
Haha!

I don't think it's bedwetting just realism at this point. If you think we're catching them now you're optimistic in the extreme. They're 12 points clear with a massively superior GD. So we need to win about 5 more matches than them in the last 17. We'd need title winning form to even have a prayer of overhauling them. I think we can forget about them now and look at Spurs and Utd.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2016, 10:58:14 pm »

They will make top 4. Gap already too big.

A month later , gap still too big. They'll get top 4.

Spurs on other hand, their summer holidays usually start in February.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2016, 10:59:36 pm »
I don't think it's bedwetting just realism at this point. If you think we're catching them now you're optimistic in the extreme. They're 12 points clear with a massively superior GD. So we need to win about 5 more matches than them in the last 17. We'd need title winning form to even have a prayer of overhauling them. I think we can forget about them now and look at Spurs and Utd.
I've asked this before on here but where did I mention us catching them?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2016, 11:00:19 pm »
I've asked this before on here but where did I mention us catching them?

Why are you referring to posters who think they're the real deal as bedwetters then?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2016, 11:00:23 pm »
Everyone in football is routing for them, apart from the self-entitled twats at Chelsea and City. Best thing to happen to football in ages.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2016, 11:02:51 pm »
One of the most likeable men in football.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2016, 11:03:05 pm »
Haha!

It's hardly bed-wetting.. they had a few poor results in a great run of form, and have now beaten Spurs away. They're joint top of the league with over half the season gone!

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2016, 11:16:17 pm »
Why are you referring to posters who think they're the real deal as bedwetters then?
Making a proclamation like this because they beat fucking Spurs?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2016, 11:19:33 pm »

Well they're 8 clear of 5th (West Ham) and 9 clear of United and 12 ahead of us. I'd be surprised if they don't make it now. The challengers have shown nothing like good enough form to suggest they can be overhauled.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2016, 11:24:34 pm »
It's clearly not just because they've beaten Spurs.

They've been excellent this season. There have been teams that have been up around the top spots up until Christmas before, and have naturally fallen away. But those teams were mainly plucky underdogs grinding out results. Leicester haven't done that. They've played excellent football and are second only to Man City in terms of goals scored. They've gotten their results, and gotten them in very impressive fashion.

They'll be in the Champions League next season, or the qualifiers at least. Man U aren't catching them, and we aren't catching them. I'd certainly fancy them to do enough to keep West Ham and Palace at bay...

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 13, 2016, 11:35:39 pm »
Well they're 8 clear of 5th (West Ham) and 9 clear of United and 12 ahead of us. I'd be surprised if they don't make it now. The challengers have shown nothing like good enough form to suggest they can be overhauled.
I admit they're proving a tough nut to crack but when the season gets into the final third is when we'll see the staying power and stamina of bigger teams and Leicester's small squad will be tested to the max. Then they'll have the added pressure of 'can they do it' foisted upon them plus what usually happens is that the teams in the bottom 7 or 8 all suddenly wake up to their predicaments, start scrapping for their lives and start getting unexpected results and you start getting all those end of season twists and turns. Leicester will be a lot more susceptible against those teams than the big clubs. A couple of defeats in those games and all of a sudden reality will hit them. I just don't see them sustaining what they are doing for much longer. If I'm wrong I'm sure folk will be quick to revisit these posts but either way, we're literally just past the half way point, the January transfer window is still open and to start saying things like "there's no way they're finishing outside the top 4" is just shitting the bed.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2016, 11:42:40 pm »
I admit they're proving a tough nut to crack but when the season gets into the final third is when we'll see the staying power and stamina of bigger teams and Leicester's small squad will be tested to the max. Then they'll have the added pressure of 'can they do it' foisted upon them plus what usually happens is that the teams in the bottom 7 or 8 all suddenly wake up to their predicaments, start scrapping for their lives and start getting unexpected results and you start getting all those end of season twists and turns. Leicester will be a lot more susceptible against those teams than the big clubs. A couple of defeats in those games and all of a sudden reality will hit them. I just don't see them sustaining what they are doing for much longer. If I'm wrong I'm sure folk will be quick to revisit these posts but either way, we're literally just past the half way point, the January transfer window is still open and to start saying things like "there's no way they're finishing outside the top 4" is just shitting the bed.

The predicted collapse is just not materialising, people said Christmas would see them collapse, never happened so I wouldn't bank on it towards the end of the season. Considering how incapable ourselves and United are at putting together consecutive wins they'd need to go on a wretched run to be caught. If we just for argument's sake say United will win 9 of their last 17 Leicester would only need 6 or 7 wins from 17 matches. It'd take a run of about 2 or 3 points from 5 games and I just can't foresee that happening. They're getting wins even without Mahrez and Vardy producing now, they're just a good team. No harm in acknowledging that it's theirs to throw away now.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2016, 11:46:10 pm »
The predicted collapse is just not materialising, people said Christmas would see them collapse, never happened so I wouldn't bank on it towards the end of the season. Considering how incapable ourselves and United are at putting together consecutive wins they'd need to go on a wretched run to be caught. If we just for argument's sake say United will win 9 of their last 17 Leicester would only need 6 or 7 wins from 17 matches. It'd take a run of about 2 or 3 points from 5 games and I just can't foresee that happening. They're getting wins even without Mahrez and Vardy producing now, they're just a good team. No harm in acknowledging that it's theirs to throw away now.
I've never said that they'll collapse just that they won't be as consistent.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2016, 11:49:58 pm »

They don't need to be now in my opinion, they just need 6 or 7 more wins to finish above the chasers now I reckon, maybe not even that many. Even if they do stumble a bit it's far from guaranteed those below will take advantage.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2016, 02:26:32 am »

And you're basing that on what? Fuck all.

They've been one of the most consistent sides this season, if not the most consistent. It's mid January, coming on February and they sit joint-top of the league with Arsenal having just beat Spurs who were on a very good run of form as of late, they were even considered to be in the title race a week or two ago. I don't think they'll have enough to win the league, but the top 4 is without a shadow of doubt theirs to throw away now. People thought (including myself) that they'd collapse over their tough holiday schedule. They didn't. Like it or not, a club with Leicester's resources with players signed for peanuts are making every other "big" club like absolute fools.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2016, 02:41:49 am »
Are they at the level where a complete drop off is impossible? I personally don't think so

I'm certainly not saying that they will, but it's a possibility for sure. Gonna be interesting, silly to make predictions either way, still a good way to go.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #236 on: January 14, 2016, 03:09:47 am »
Regardless of form and talent you do have to question the lack of 'winners' in their squad and I mean that in a literal sense. How many have been there and won a league before? Huth at Chelsea as a squad player but after a quick glance down their squad list I don't see much title or cup winning experience. To some that won't matter but when it comes to the last 10 games or so how will they react to a situation they've not been in before? Even now the pressure is off them as we are in mid-January. All of this is probably still a bonus for them but once it gets to the serious, title defining games then I think they'll fall short due to lack of experience.

They should still get top 4, though, and I sincerely hope that they do.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 14, 2016, 03:22:45 am »
It's going to be so, so odd next year when they're in the Champions League (provided they qualify, which they most probably will). Can you imagine Leicester FC vs FC Barcelona or Leicester FC vs FC Bayern being a competitive fixture? Crazy.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2016, 06:45:48 am »
The way United, Spurs, and Liverpool are playing this season, as little as 65 points may be enough to clinch 4th place.

Leicester already have 43 points from 21 games, an average of 2.05 pts/game this season - good enough for 78 points when extrapolated over 38 games.

As such, to reach 65 points from now they only need another 22 points in their last 17 games, or an average of 1.29 points/game. The 65 point mark could feasibly be even lower too, meaning that just better than relegation form (19-20pts from 17 games) could be enough for Leicester to get 4th.

Of course, this assumes that not more than one of Spurs, United, and Liverpool (or West Ham, Stoke, and Palace) shoot up the league to raise the threshold between 4th and 5th higher.

With all this in mind, I'd say that it would be more surprising if Leicester weren't in the top 4 at the end of the season than if they were.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2016, 06:48:06 am »
It's going to be so, so odd next year when they're in the Champions League (provided they qualify, which they most probably will). Can you imagine Leicester FC vs FC Barcelona or Leicester FC vs FC Bayern being a competitive fixture? Crazy.

Id love to see that.
What's interesting about Leciester is that they seem to be reinventing themselves, everyone predicted a collapse when Vardy and Mahrez slow down, but they've gone and conceded 1 goal in their last 4 league games. Games against Man city, Spurs Liverpool.