Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1922782 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #8040 on: February 21, 2017, 08:07:59 pm »
From a Villa forum earlier...

"Garbage.
I really don't get Lansbury. What does he do? What does he offer? Can't tackle. Not great with the ball. Doesn't look like a goal threat. Offers nothing definsively. He's just a pony tail and a beard with some tatts.
Lansbury looks like that c**t on a Thai party Island who sits outside the surf shack he's decided to work in for the summer, strumming on an out of tune acoustic guitar with a variety of anti-establishment stickers on it. He's that sort of irksome knobhead that's a magnet for absolutely trollied British slags on a piss up. That guy who needs to fuck off home, grow up and find a real job. As it is he's somehow managed to fall into professional football in this case and is stinking up our midfield.

Alan Hutton has been our best player today. Which says it all"

;D

Never liked that Lansbury, quite enjoyed reading that.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8041 on: February 22, 2017, 10:45:24 am »
Huddersfield just won't let go. Fair play.

Depends what you mean by "ammo to compete" doesn't it? He'll get enough to keep them up. He could probably keep the current side up. Will he get enough for an assault on the title? I don't think anyone expects that.

He stuck around when they went down to the Championship, and nobody would have blamed him for walking away from that there and then. He's smart enough to know that Newcastle aren't going to be competing with Chelsea and Man City for top signings.

Yep. Ashley wouldn't even need to fund Rafa, Newcastle are big enough and the tv money at the top large enough that they would have most of the market within reach just by prudent management of the club's own means. All of Spain and Italy available, come on. At the top end, a lot of these transfers rarely seem value for money, so many average to above average players going for 20 - 30 million the past few years it makes a mockery of the fees. You could get better players for 10 million lower with better assessment and scouting in place.

Benitez can build them a team to break into the top 10 without having to spend extravagantly at all. To break into the 6, the top 4 and so on you of course need to get the right signings (usually in attack) who may cost a fair wedge. I actually think a fair number of their current side can make that step up anyway, especially in defence and midfield.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:46:58 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8042 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:44 am »
5 or 6 points from those 3 aways and it's nailed on

Avoid defeat at Huddersfield and Brighton and I'd imagine they're nailed on for automatic promotion. Could do with getting Gayle back ASAP but I'm sure they'll be just fine.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8043 on: February 22, 2017, 11:51:22 am »
Avoid defeat at Huddersfield and Brighton and I'd imagine they're nailed on for automatic promotion. Could do with getting Gayle back ASAP but I'm sure they'll be just fine.

Huddersfield actually pushing for an Automatic Spot themselves. On a ridiculous run right now and looking very good. Would be a shame for them not to go up!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8044 on: February 22, 2017, 12:03:59 pm »
Huddersfield actually pushing for an Automatic Spot themselves. On a ridiculous run right now and looking very good. Would be a shame for them not to go up!

I'm sure Klopp would certainly like to see them come up!

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8045 on: February 22, 2017, 12:37:44 pm »
I'm sure Klopp would certainly like to see them come up!

Could be a good place to loan some of our youngsters if they go up

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #8046 on: February 22, 2017, 12:51:30 pm »
Amazing considering their goal difference how well they are doing as well.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8047 on: February 22, 2017, 12:53:54 pm »
Amazing considering their goal difference how well they are doing as well.

The Brighton game was the first time they had scored more than 2 in a league game all season.

Newcastle will have to be on top of their game till the very end of the season.

Brighton usually start to fade around this time of the season, but they seem to have good depth this time round.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #8048 on: February 22, 2017, 12:57:42 pm »
Could be a good place to loan some of our youngsters if they go up

Nah.

Myth #1 Loan players out for experience in top leagues. The problem is they don't play as much. Why you ask. Because if the club spent money on players, they'll play them first because they are their property . Loan players you might get one season out of so why worry about their development.

Example: Alan playing, or not much, in Germany.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8049 on: February 22, 2017, 01:00:05 pm »
Nah.

Myth #1 Loan players out for experience in top leagues. The problem is they don't play as much. Why you ask. Because if the club spent money on players, they'll play them first because they are their property . Loan players you might get one season out of so why worry about their development.

Example: Alan playing, or not much, in Germany.

Depends - you can loan a player out to a top league and they get lots of game time (i.e Ake at Bournemouth).

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8050 on: February 22, 2017, 01:04:30 pm »
Depends - you can loan a player out to a top league and they get lots of game time (i.e Ake at Bournemouth).

Of course there are a few exceptions.

Name one Liverpool player we've loaned out to a top side who got a lot of playing time?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8051 on: February 22, 2017, 01:18:08 pm »
Hopefully Huddersfield do come up, would be great for Ward to get a season at that level.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8052 on: February 22, 2017, 01:33:13 pm »
Hopefully Huddersfield do come up, would be great for Ward to get a season at that level.

A good footballing side with a manager who's got the potential to secure them in the Prem. I'd love too see how Wagner would get on.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8053 on: February 22, 2017, 03:35:36 pm »

Name one Liverpool player we've loaned out to a top side who got a lot of playing time?

Assaidi at Stoke?

Not are how much he played, just remember that winner against Chelsea!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8054 on: February 22, 2017, 04:08:44 pm »

If I remember correctly I think Borini did an excellent job at Sunderland a few years back and pretty much single-handedly kept them in the PL. Added to that he helped us against some of our title rivals that year.

Two goals in two games against Newcastle (not overly impressive, but worth mentioning because of the rivalry), League Cup goals against Chelsea, Man City and Man United, league goals against Cardiff, West Brom and Swansea, and a winning goal in a game against Chelsea.

Not too shabby in my books. Shame he didn't work out here.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:10:58 pm by DivisiveNewSigning »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8055 on: February 22, 2017, 05:00:44 pm »
I think the absolute best Newcastle can hope for is bottom half. There are good teams outside the top four that are quite a bit better than them and won't be overtaken easily.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #8056 on: February 23, 2017, 10:00:11 am »

Uh..

Wisdom (West Brom)
Alberto (Deportivo)
Balotelli (Milan)
Aspas (Sevilla)
Ilori (Bordeaux and Granada)
Suso (Almeria)

I could go on. Granted, you said top clubs, but what you said in the first place was 'top leagues'.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8057 on: February 23, 2017, 10:41:27 am »
Uh..

Wisdom (West Brom)
Alberto (Deportivo)
Balotelli (Milan)
Aspas (Sevilla)
Suso (Almeria)

I could go on. Granted, you said top clubs, but what you said in the first place was 'top leagues'.

Milan are a top club by any standard.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8058 on: February 23, 2017, 10:41:43 am »
Uh..

Wisdom (West Brom)
Alberto (Deportivo)
Balotelli (Milan)
Aspas (Sevilla)
Suso (Almeria)

Wisdom didn't get a lot of playing time.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #8059 on: February 23, 2017, 11:34:51 am »
Wisdom didn't get a lot of playing time.
at west brom he did

played almost every game but then his manager got sacked. steve Clarke was it? think Pulis came in and stopped playing him. he played 24 league games one season. not a bad amount.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8060 on: February 23, 2017, 01:30:16 pm »
Uh..

Wisdom (West Brom)
Alberto (Deportivo)
Balotelli (Milan)
Aspas (Sevilla)
Suso (Almeria)

Well, i guess I should clarify again.

I was talking about our kids coming through the Academy, not players bought for the first team.  Players who won't get much of a chance to get many appearances for the first team as they get older.

We have had a number of players get a cup of tea or two for the first team but not stay long. We loan them out then sell for various reasons. Conor Coady, Flanagan, Danny Guthrie who we loaned then sold to Newcastle..those are the types who came through, played for us, then we loaned out to a top tier side ( Top flight or top Championship type team) and then don't make it with us full time.

Someone like Sheyi Ojo is not necessarily what i'm talking about. A kid loaned out to a smaller side to get minutes, then comes back, and get a chance with the first team. Now if we loan him out again to a decent side and he ends up sold, then that is what i'm talking about.

I hope that clears things up this time..

There are very few players whom we loan out that come through the Academy, we get back, and become starters.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8061 on: February 23, 2017, 02:05:49 pm »

I was talking about our kids coming through the Academy, not players bought for the first team.  Players who won't get much of a chance to get many appearances for the first team as they get older.

Only a couple spring to mind.

I recall Jack Robinson did really well at Blackpool and eventually bagged himself a move to QPR. I wouldn't really class that as hitting the big time but there's certainly much worse standards around the world than the Championship. Shame he's had a really rough time with injuries the last couple of years - might stunt him as we've seen with Flanno.

Jordan Ibe did well at Derby the short time he was there. 5 goals in 20 appearances isn't bad actually. Earnt him a recall to us and he got a run in the team for a bit. Will always remember him nearly cracking the post in two against Everton, but unfortunately he never really kicked on. Had a few decent games for Bournemouth this season but finds himself out of the team again.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:07:33 pm by DivisiveNewSigning »

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8062 on: February 23, 2017, 03:13:46 pm »
I thought we should have kept Guthrie. He's now at Blackburn btw..

but the kids that "make" it are few and far between.

Hope our loanee Alan gets his papers sorted so we can bring him in next summer.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8063 on: February 23, 2017, 03:42:27 pm »
Anyways.. back to Rafas boys, they have some tough fixtures coming up against their direct rivals. Going to be a pivotal couple of weeks and the worst time for Gayle to get injured.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8064 on: February 24, 2017, 09:21:03 am »
Was Gayle given many chances at Crystal Palace? Him leaving them suggests not but I'm curious to see how he will fare and how many goals he will score come next season.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8065 on: February 25, 2017, 07:48:02 am »
Was Gayle given many chances at Crystal Palace? Him leaving them suggests not but I'm curious to see how he will fare and how many goals he will score come next season.

His record in the Premier is one every 181 minutes so I think he'll be fine next season if we go up (not counting chickens! Ha ha)!

It could be a big day today - I think the other two are going to drop points!

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #8066 on: February 25, 2017, 12:45:08 pm »
If Rafa gets the funds from Ashley over the next 2 seasons he will have them a trophy and in Europe I reckon.

Only my opinion but I cant see Rafa staying unless Ashley gives him ammo to compete in the Prem.

There's a few lucky clubs around in England in regards to managers and they should thank their owners for making it happen. LFC, Chelsea and Newcastle spring to mind.

Anyhow, made up for Rafa and its great having him around. :)

I don't like Ashley by any means but it wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle are holding on to the money for the first season back in the prem. It's no good getting relegated, bringing in near 85m for Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Townsend, Cabella etc and then spending it all on players to get you out of the championship when you'll just look to turn around a good number of those players anyway next season.

How's Mitrovic doing this season out of interest, is Rafa looking like turning him into a force of nature ala what he did with Carew at Valencia?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8067 on: February 25, 2017, 02:55:11 pm »

We have had a number of players get a cup of tea or two for the first team but not stay long. We loan them out then sell for various reasons. Conor Coady, Flanagan, Danny Guthrie who we loaned then sold to Newcastle..those are the types who came through, played for us, then we loaned out to a top tier side ( Top flight or top Championship type team) and then don't make it with us full time.

Someone like Sheyi Ojo is not necessarily what i'm talking about. A kid loaned out to a smaller side to get minutes, then comes back, and get a chance with the first team. Now if we loan him out again to a decent side and he ends up sold, then that is what i'm talking about.

I hope that clears things up this time..

There are very few players whom we loan out that come through the Academy, we get back, and become starters.

The club now has an appearance clause in most loan deals. Ryan Kent has made over 30 appearances for Barnsley in the Championship this season.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #8068 on: February 25, 2017, 03:22:45 pm »
Newcastle losing

Huddersfield winning

Hopefully Brighton lose  :)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8069 on: February 25, 2017, 03:23:49 pm »
Toon down two goals at home, not looking good.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8070 on: February 25, 2017, 03:24:03 pm »
2 - 0 down at home to bristol city in the first half.....woah.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8071 on: February 25, 2017, 03:31:50 pm »
It's probably for the best that Newcastle are playing Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading away soon. Hard to trust them at home seemingly, Jekyl and Hyde ....ish.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8072 on: February 25, 2017, 03:36:39 pm »
Need a goal before half time realistically if they want to win.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8073 on: February 25, 2017, 03:38:36 pm »
Newcastle's next three league games are Reading, Brightion and Huddersfield away. Must not lose today because they don't want to go into those games on the back of a disappointing defeat. 

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8074 on: February 25, 2017, 03:47:18 pm »
They're not really that good are they?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8075 on: February 25, 2017, 03:50:36 pm »
Need a goal before half time realistically if they want to win.
bristol blew a 3-0 lead at Derby a few weeks back, but they badly miss Gayle.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8076 on: February 25, 2017, 03:53:07 pm »
 :o
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8077 on: February 25, 2017, 03:54:41 pm »
They're not really that good are they?

Who? Newcastle? Just because they're losing 2-0 at half time?

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8078 on: February 25, 2017, 03:55:30 pm »
Who? Newcastle? Just because they're losing 2-0 at half time?

Not 'just because they're losing 2-0 at half time'. We all expected them to be running away with this league.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8079 on: February 25, 2017, 03:56:48 pm »
Not 'just because they're losing 2-0 at half time'. We all expected them to be running away with this league.

They're still at the top and looking like getting at least a play-off position.