Author Topic: General West Ham thread  (Read 405372 times)

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: West Ham.
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 03:07:17 pm »
Club with a great tradition and a good bunch of fans, so it'll be a big shame when they're out of the Premiership.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 03:23:02 pm »
They're as good as gone.

Strangely enough I used to like their side circa 2006 when they came up under Pardew. They were young, hungry and English. They finished something like 7th IIRC. Scott Parker aside, their current side is dogshite.

Perhaps it's a good thing for them in the long run. They can get a lot of useless players with big wages off their bills and rebuild again with young talent.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2011, 03:31:21 pm »
They're as good as gone.

Strangely enough I used to like their side circa 2006 when they came up under Pardew. They were young, hungry and English. They finished something like 7th IIRC. Scott Parker aside, their current side is dogshite.

Ever since then it seems like they've just gone to a complete shambles. Shit players, massive massive wage bill, new owners, the whole Tevez/Mascherano shambles, Curbishley having players sold and then resigning and now this season with the Grant/O'Neill thing. West Ham is a good away, decent supporters who I feel sorry for. They're being run into the ground by idiots and currently just one big mess. Maybe you're right, a fresh start may help them

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:33:11 pm by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011, 03:31:25 pm »
too many overrated players who are  actually quite useless.

Upson and Noble are the best examples.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 06:21:24 pm »
Unlike Newcastle, I don't think they'll be able to keep their best players for at least a season in the Championship. That said, I would think they should be able to attract some decent players and a decent enough manager to be within range of the playoffs. Chris Hughton would be a good choice for them.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, 06:22:56 pm »
Gutted they're going down. Always had a soft spot for them & when you look at their squad it seriously makes you wonder how they're in the position they're in!
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2011, 06:29:21 pm »
Spurs' celebrations will have been short-lived when they realised they're getting Robbie Keane back.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2011, 06:31:46 pm »
I don't think I'll ever forget the chance keane squandered against Atletico away. Sums up his entire time at Liverpool.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »
Some good news today then.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2011, 06:33:52 pm »
Really disappointed.
Hope they bounce back up, the league will be a poorer place without them.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »
Man you should've heard what was said on five live just then. Something along the lines of:

'Lee Dixon said all season long that West Ham would stay up, untill he went on a charity bike ride to all of the premier league grounds. He saw West Ham in training and immediatly changed his mind. The training was so old fashioned, the attitude so poor and Grant not doing a thing about it that Dixson immediatly said they had no chance.'

I mean wow.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2011, 06:36:38 pm »
I still dont know what to make of Grant.

He did very well at chelsea but they had exceptional players at that time who were all at the top of their game.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2011, 06:36:47 pm »
It's been pretty obvious all season wrong that someone's been doing something wrong somewhere, be it Grant, the owners or a combination of both. When you look at their squad there's absolutely no way they should be going down, imo they've got a good enough squad to be top 10 if they actually pulled their collective finger out & played to their potential

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2011, 06:39:34 pm »
I still dont know what to make of Grant.

He did very well at chelsea but they had exceptional players at that time who were all at the top of their game.

It'll be interesting to see how they do in the championship with him in charge, if they even stick with him. In all honesty I think they'd struggle, you can't put in performances like they have this season & expect to survive let alone come back up. It's a ridiculously competitive league.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2011, 06:50:47 pm »
It'll be interesting to see how they do in the championship with him in charge, if they even stick with him. In all honesty I think they'd struggle, you can't put in performances like they have this season & expect to survive let alone come back up. It's a ridiculously competitive league.

I think they need a manager who's been in that situation before.  A 46-match season where the difference between the playoffs and midtable is razor thin, teams like Forest falling from automatic promotion to teetering on the brink of missing the playoffs in just several weeks, etc.  They could use a manager who's done all that before and can keep them at or near the top.

Teams like Millwall, Leeds, Burnley, Hull, etc were all within striking distance towards the end.  Leeds, for one, looked pretty comfortable several weeks back.

It's a whole different game, and they could probably use a different manager.
King Kenny.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2011, 06:55:36 pm »
I think they need a manager who's been in that situation before.  A 46-match season where the difference between the playoffs and midtable is razor thin, teams like Forest falling from automatic promotion to teetering on the brink of missing the playoffs in just several weeks, etc.  They could use a manager who's done all that before and can keep them at or near the top.

Teams like Millwall, Leeds, Burnley, Hull, etc were all within striking distance towards the end.  Leeds, for one, looked pretty comfortable several weeks back.

Hopefully Neil Warncok will be available soon :P

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2011, 06:57:11 pm »

Agreed but who's gonna wanna touch them with a barge pole? Tits for owners (Gold & Sullivan not a reference to Brady ;)) Their key players will probably be sold, it's a mess. It's a great club but to want to walk into that job you'd have to be mad.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2011, 07:03:03 pm »
Too many pussies who dont pull their weight

Didnt they have a run not so long ago? just shows how harsh the Premiership can be

How about Roy Keane to take over, he's probably what they need now, a kick up the arse

My Ipswich supporting mate would disagree. He was shocking for them and didn't bother tying up contract deals with some of their best players who are leaving in the summer with no fee.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2011, 07:05:53 pm »

Chris Hughton?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2011, 07:06:07 pm »
Think it's a bigger issue than that though mate. You battered us at your place.

We've been making shit teams look good since 1992 mate.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2011, 07:07:05 pm »

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2011, 07:09:37 pm »

classy those millwall fans

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2011, 07:10:03 pm »
Agreed but who's gonna wanna touch them with a barge pole? Tits for owners (Gold & Sullivan not a reference to Brady ;)) Their key players will probably be sold, it's a mess. It's a great club but to want to walk into that job you'd have to be mad.

Good points.  The newly-promoted boys and some of the other teams in top flight will be looking at West Ham's players with great interest.  They'll probably have to rebuild.  A major obstacle will be Gold and Sullivan though, like you said.  It'll be very interesting to see the type of manager they hire (younger, more attack-minded similar to Poyet at Brighton or some seasoned "pro" who'll drag them up through whatever means).

Hopefully Neil Warncok will be available soon :P

No comment. :D
King Kenny.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2011, 07:11:31 pm »
My Ipswich supporting mate would disagree. He was shocking for them and didn't bother tying up contract deals with some of their best players who are leaving in the summer with no fee.

My Ipswich supporting mate (Blurred's brother) detests Keane. I really can't see West Ham going down that route.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2011, 07:12:40 pm »

classy those millwall fans

Apparently they paid £500 for that. Twats.

So what Kick Off times for Millwall V West Ham next season? 11am?

Offline Block306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 07:13:07 pm »
Grant sacked.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »
Chris Hughton?

A very logical choice.  Though I would feel a bit sorry for him after the Newcastle dismissal to go work for Gold and Sullivan.  It'd be a good choice for the Hammers and the thing is, they'll need to make an appointment fairly soon (if they sack Grant) because they'll probably have to make a lot of changes to their squad (I can't see Parker, Hitzlsperger, Ba, etc staying there).
King Kenny.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2011, 07:14:58 pm »
Grant sacked.

Good. Get ready straight away. No point delaying
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2011, 07:15:20 pm »
Well they certainly don't waste time.

Dunno - waited five months too long.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2011, 07:15:53 pm »
I think they might try for Allardyce. I hope I'm wrong for Hammer's fans sakes but it wouldn't surprise me. Coleman would be a good shout, good manager, plays decent on the floor football, still young. Been out the game a while too so surely would be eager for a way back in? Granted he didn't do too well at Coventry but would be worth considering.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2011, 07:19:32 pm »
Sacking Grant is the right decision. A lot needs to change at the club and quickly, hope they come straight back up.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2011, 07:24:01 pm »
Sacked Avram Grant too late.

You can't change the whole squad in a season, but you can change your manager in an attempt to get the players going. It's amazing he has lasted this long - he should have been sacked a long time ago.

So many players being overrated and thinking they are better than they are - Carlton Cole, Matthew Upson etc... You'd be gutted to lose Parker and Noble, but the rest mean fuck all.

Gutted for West Ham.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2011, 07:24:46 pm »
Need to get a squad of young, hungry players who like to play football on the ground.  They've got to invest wisely.  There are plenty of players in the lower leagues and maybe Scotland and other foreign leagues who can help West Ham back up and develop in the process.

Maybe they'll go for loan deals as well like Swansea and Norwich have done.
King Kenny.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2011, 07:25:09 pm »
if forest dont go up billy davies would be available, decent choice for them IMO

Offline bennynot4me

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2011, 07:26:11 pm »
too many journeymen n loanees

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2011, 07:27:17 pm »
 :lmao  :lmao Grant sacked now.

The owners haven't got a fucking clue. Grant is sacked 5 months too late.

2-0 up and lose 3-2 in a must win game - What the fuck.

Seriously the west ham fans need to get them owners out quickly.

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 07:27:33 pm »
Apparently they paid £500 for that. Twats.

So what Kick Off times for Millwall V West Ham next season? 11am?

General opinion on a Millwall forum is that away fans will be banned.

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2011, 07:28:56 pm »
:lmao  :lmao Grant sacked now.

The owners haven't got a fucking clue. Grant is sacked 5 months too late.

2-0 up and lose 3-2 in a must win game - What the fuck.

Seriously the west ham fans need to get them owners out quickly.

It's a shame cause they have the best intentions for the club, they just don't have a clue how to run it.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 07:34:57 pm »
Really will miss them in the Premier League. But why sacking Grant 1 match to go... they should have sacked him after the Christmas. Their owners are fucking daft.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:47:42 pm by MichaelO »
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »
Really will miss them in the Premier League. But why sacking Grant 1 match to go... they should have sacked him after the Christmas. They're owners are fucking daft.

It just shows they haven't got a clue - They want to hide behind Grant.

At a guess the reason they didn't sack him and get another manager in eg MON is cause that new manager would of wanted to spend money to keep them up and clearly they didn't like that idea so Grant was kept. Now it the owners thought Keane, Bridge and Ba (all loan players) were going to help them from the drop then it just goes to show what shit owners they're.

So Grant is now the fall guy and the owners want to look good by sacking him when they're more to blame than him.

Sorry times for West Ham and dark days ahead.