Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140733 times)

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #480 on: December 23, 2010, 08:32:20 pm »
Do you think it's cold, Roy?

Well, yes. It's cold. I know it's cold. But then it's always cold in the winter. Well, no. It's not always cold, but it's not usually hot either. It could be really really cold, but then it could be... well, whatever it is, it's not my fault. And it's not really that cold anyway. And I suppose thatt depends on how you judge cold. I've known better cold than this, and I've let it go for a different type of cold. But then was it any better than the cold you already had? I'd say it's like a B-type cold. I gave it it's chance, but it let me down. I'm certainly not happy about that, as one of the most respected judges of cold in Europe, with 35 years experience... I'd say, it's sort of cold, the second most coldest cold in the country. But I'm not worried about the cold....

And in all truth, do you really care what the old duffer says anymore?

Hahaaaaaa, classic!  And us supporters still don't know whether it's cold or not, but we can certainly FEEL how cold it's getting.
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #481 on: December 23, 2010, 08:34:57 pm »
look on the brightside at least Roy doesnt answer the phones for the Samaritans!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Marg22

• Main Stander
  • "We murdered them 0-0"..Shanks
« Reply #482 on: December 23, 2010, 11:54:18 pm »
http://bit.ly/dYs41l..I'll put Reds long term future before my own..

A martyr to the cause, looks like we have to thank Roy for Lucas and Skrtel

"I'll give you two examples; Lucas Leiva and Martin Skrtel. When I came to the club many were saying Liverpool needed better than that. But just by working with them and getting behind them and showing you believe in them, they become the players you want them to be.

"It is that delicate balance between having the courage to put your arm around someone and believing in them, and rejecting them and saying 'next please'. At the moment I am enjoying trying to get performances out of them

I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry.. :butt

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-says-he-will-put-the-club-s-long-term-future-before-his-own-when-it-comes-to-transfer-dealings-in-January-article656617.html#ixzz194nTEOaS

"And some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar"...Rafa

"The bond between us and the Liverpool fans is strong and will remain the same despite what happens"...Montse Benitez

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: December 24, 2010, 12:02:43 am »
"I'll give you two examples; Lucas Leiva and Martin Skrtel. When I came to the club many were saying Liverpool needed better than that. But just by working with them and getting behind them and showing you believe in them, they become the players you want them to be.

"It is that delicate balance between having the courage to put your arm around someone and believing in them, and rejecting them and saying 'next please'. At the moment I am enjoying trying to get performances out of them

Aaaaaaaand again I made the mistake of reading his quotes.
Roy the man managing maestro.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: December 24, 2010, 12:03:22 am »
What a load of effing shite. My arse!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #485 on: December 24, 2010, 12:04:42 am »
Cant believe the lack of sense this guy has shown so many times in his comments, its like he doesnt know when to stop aswell, utterly cringeworthy stuff.

Offline Marg22

• Main Stander
« Reply #486 on: December 24, 2010, 12:12:03 am »
"I accept I may make a rod for my own back by not bringing in people, but we are targeting players whose clubs don't want to let go even if we offer them good money, and that makes it tricky," he explained.

Well that sounds exciting doesn't it...maybe Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo...I mean he's done it before with Poulsen and Konchesky.

"The bond between us and the Liverpool fans is strong and will remain the same despite what happens"...Montse Benitez

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
  • His name is Luis Suarez...he wears the famous red!
« Reply #487 on: December 24, 2010, 12:13:23 am »

Lets all bow down and praise Roy for turning young Mr Leiva into a good player in 6 short months. But remember, he cant be expected to take responsibility for Joe Cole as he didnt sign him.
"If we all stick together, we're going to have a wee bit of a chance" - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #488 on: December 24, 2010, 12:18:07 am »
"Everyone wants simple answers, but there are no simple answers. The simple answer is we need to win more games."

:lmao
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline El jefe

• Kopite
« Reply #489 on: December 24, 2010, 12:21:11 am »
i can't physically stand looking at or listening to the man and that is shameful as he is Liverpool manager.
But he makes it painful, to watch the club i love. Never thought i would say that.  :(
John do the right thing, get rid of him and get Rafa/ a new manager in.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: December 24, 2010, 12:22:08 am »
I see the Mirror has been busy today promoting pro Roy and anti Rafa dross. The Skrtel and Lucas thing is bullocks, and the no return for Rafa article, with no quotes.

Someone within the club, cough Purslow and/or Carragher cough, are getting worried...

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #491 on: December 24, 2010, 12:23:43 am »
I fear Roy is going to be a martyr till the end. Take the club down with him. :(
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #492 on: December 24, 2010, 12:27:37 am »
This guy's media room must be awesome... they should do tours of it

Offline Sandblast

• Kopite
« Reply #493 on: December 24, 2010, 12:27:49 am »
This thread should come with a public health warning.

I always come away feeling ever so slightly iller.
" Don't let your heads drop. We're Liverpool. You're playing for Liverpool. Don't forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them. " Rafael Benitez 25th May 2005

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #494 on: December 24, 2010, 12:32:12 am »
" i think maxi will have his work cut out against jimmy armfield at right back, now there's a full back, i told glen to watch and learn from him when we play them, he's got that experience that is invaluable and imperative!  of course my chief scout has been watching the young defender Emlyn Hughes, he tells me he has all the attributes to be a top defender, but unfortunately when a young player as good as him, whom is possibly being monitored by alot of big clubs, it makes it neigh on impossible to get him"

Offline Marg22

• Main Stander
« Reply #495 on: December 24, 2010, 12:38:57 am »
I see the Mirror has been busy today promoting pro Roy and anti Rafa dross. The Skrtel and Lucas thing is bullocks, and the no return for Rafa article, with no quotes.

Someone within the club, cough Purslow and/or Carragher cough, are getting worried...

Definitely smells that way seeing it's Maddock..back in Purslow's gang?

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
« Reply #496 on: December 24, 2010, 12:39:08 am »
"I accept I may make a rod for my own back by not bringing in people, but we are targeting players whose clubs don't want to let go even if we offer them good money, and that makes it tricky," he explained.

"However if by any chance Fulham, Blackburn or Stoke are willing to release such players then I am sure we would be an appealing prospect as Liverpool is arguably the second most important club in the country"
"If we all stick together, we're going to have a wee bit of a chance" - Kenny Dalglish

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: December 24, 2010, 12:40:19 am »

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-says-he-will-put-the-club-s-long-term-future-before-his-own-when-it-comes-to-transfer-dealings-in-January-article656617.html#ixzz194nTEOaS

I read the first 2 or 3 lines of that and I honestly felt sick in my stomach.That's a terrible way to feel about a Liverpool manager.
The hypocrisy of the man is only matched by that of the media. The agenda in so many articles last season is more than bettered by the one permeating from the recent ones this season.

The slightest thing uttered by Benitez was jumped on while the constant bollocks being spouted by Hodgson is being allowed to go unchallenged. I don't men the odd line here and there, it's every single time he does an interview. Every time!

To be honest any media outlet would need to set up a designated, specially manned, 24 hour  'Hodgson Desk' to keep up with him. I doubt they could afford the time or the man power so they just let it go.

Joe Cole......arm around the shoulder from Hodgson? Can you push someone through the door that way?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: December 24, 2010, 12:42:21 am »

"However if by any chance Fulham, Blackburn or Stoke are willing to release such players then I am sure we would be an appealing prospect as Liverpool is arguably the second most important club in the country"

I don't know if that's a genuine quote or not......which just about says it all!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: December 24, 2010, 12:44:16 am »
If he wants to put the long term future of the club before him than leave for gods sake, or atleast for the mean time someone duck tape his mouth or something please.

He is just using liverpool football club to gains as many brownie points as possible so when capello steps down he wants to be the man for england. If any other coach said this shit he would get shot down in the press, but roy is a media whore so it will  never happen.

How can he take credit for lucas, he was whoring him out to other clubs and then refused to play him till people got on poulsens back for being such fucking shit.  :butt Im sorry im not having that and along with meireles, no coach in there right mind buys a play without knowing what sort of player he is and where he fits in within a system, unless they were scouted by someone else.

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #500 on: December 24, 2010, 12:47:58 am »

To be honest any media outlet would need to set up a designated, specially manned, 24 hour  'Hodgson Desk' to keep up with him. I doubt they could afford the time or the man power so they just let it go.

where does he get the time to do all these interviews?
i thought any manager worth their salt would be on the training pitch or studying the next opposition

someone said on here earlier he's a careerist and never a truer word spoken

Offline flying red

• Kopite
« Reply #501 on: December 24, 2010, 12:50:49 am »
It's all complete b*llocks - Roy has no authority to sign anyone. He's doing his usual press preening thing.

In reality, if we sign anyone (don't hold your breath) it will be younger players with potential (probably from France, which Comolli knows well) who probably won't be ready for the first team. No doubt Comolli has been recruited to take charge of player recruitment and he won't let Roy bring in ageing no marks.

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #502 on: December 24, 2010, 12:52:15 am »
The worlds gone mad.... Really

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #503 on: December 24, 2010, 12:58:51 am »

Fuck Off!! He did NOT say that did he? That is about the worst thing he's come out with so far, and that's fucking saying something!!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #504 on: December 24, 2010, 01:03:54 am »
Fuck Off!! He did NOT say that did he? That is about the worst thing he's come out with so far, and that's fucking saying something!!
I don't think he did...he only ever refers to us as 'one of the biggest clubs'. For once, not guilty.

Offline Marg22

• Main Stander
« Reply #505 on: December 24, 2010, 01:12:51 am »
"Quite frankly we are targeting players that other clubs don't want to lose. We are not targeting players who are on the market and everyone is trying to find a club for. I think our supporters need to understand that and they will understand that.

At least we got a mention......forgive me for being a daft scouser, but I don't understand that.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #506 on: December 24, 2010, 01:16:39 am »
With all his posturing in the media, I'm attempting to work out who Roy is trying to kid. Is he convincing us that he's in charge? The media? Or, as I suspect, himself?
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #507 on: December 24, 2010, 01:45:00 am »

"It is that delicate balance between having the courage to put your arm around someone and believing in them, and rejecting them and saying 'next please'. At the moment I am enjoying trying to get performances out of them."

What is he implying? What is he trying to say? Is he saying that RAFA BENITEZ would have gotten rid of LUCAS LEIVA and Martin Skrtel? Or that the morons at the helm of the club before the new owners arrived would have gotten rid of them and he saved them?

How THE HELL did he have anything to do with how Skrtel and Leiva have been performing? Skrtel hasn't been all that hot, anyway, so what's he taking credit for?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #508 on: December 24, 2010, 01:51:37 am »
"Quite frankly we are targeting players that other clubs don't want to lose. We are not targeting players who are on the market and everyone is trying to find a club for. I think our supporters need to understand that and they will understand that.

At least we got a mention......forgive me for being a daft scouser, but I don't understand that.

Think it means: Well I said it and they all love me, so they'll believe anything I say. Or else!

But, I'm not sure, I'm a daft Paddy.  ;)

Kudo's on the Rafaleaks BTW.  :thumbup

I don't think he did...he only ever refers to us as 'one of the biggest clubs'. For once, not guilty.

Thanks for that. suitably calm now.

Offline PaLee

• Death by football
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • This is ANFIELD!!!
« Reply #509 on: December 24, 2010, 04:17:54 am »
I used to get eager when listening to Liverpool manager. Waiting to see what's new from the gaffer.

But now, I don't care anymore about press conference etc. Its dissappointing like this. Same old nagging from the old man.

Zero excitement.

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #510 on: December 24, 2010, 07:01:49 am »

He didn't. But if he did it would be more like: "However if by any chance Fulham, Blackburn or Stoke are willing to release such players then I am sure we would be an appealing prospect as Liverpool is arguably the seventh most important club in the country."

He did say that Alder Hey was the second best/most important hospital in the country though. While in their corridors with patients all around him as well. ::)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:07:55 am by pink-radebe »
Thank you for reading my signature.

Offline qulu

• Kemlynite
« Reply #511 on: December 24, 2010, 08:24:18 am »
What is he implying? What is he trying to say? Is he saying that RAFA BENITEZ would have gotten rid of LUCAS LEIVA and Martin Skrtel? Or that the morons at the helm of the club before the new owners arrived would have gotten rid of them and he saved them?

How THE HELL did he have anything to do with how Skrtel and Leiva have been performing? Skrtel hasn't been all that hot, anyway, so what's he taking credit for?

If i remember correctly those are the only 2 players left he hasn't slated puplicly, and blamed liverpools woes on before the interview, aside from jamie "i'm bigger than the club", Steven M.E. and his own horrendous signings.
“I think the fans know that when I was fighting some of the press said, ‘Oh, he’s fighting for the power.’

“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #512 on: December 24, 2010, 08:28:19 am »
look on the brightside at least Roy doesnt answer the phones for the Samaritans!

:D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: December 24, 2010, 09:07:46 am »
I read the first 2 or 3 lines of that and I honestly felt sick in my stomach.That's a terrible way to feel about a Liverpool manager.
The hypocrisy of the man is only matched by that of the media. The agenda in so many articles last season is more than bettered by the one permeating from the recent ones this season.

The slightest thing uttered by Benitez was jumped on while the constant bollocks being spouted by Hodgson is being allowed to go unchallenged. I don't men the odd line here and there, it's every single time he does an interview. Every time!

Joe Cole......arm around the shoulder from Hodgson? Can you push someone through the door that way?

we are screwed big time.

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
« Reply #514 on: December 24, 2010, 09:22:34 am »
He did say that Alder Hey was the second best/most important hospital in the country though. While in their corridors with patients all around him as well. ::)
"Alder Hey is arguably the second most important childrens hospital in the country"

Quite extraordinary. Some may be bigger than others but surely all childrens hospitals are equally important? To say "One of the most important" might have been palatable but why bring the Roy Hodgson league table of childrens hospitals ranked by importance into it? Its only 'arguably' the second though, so it could actually be third or forth apparently.

Il say it again. Quite extraordinary.

Hodgson and the Duke of Edinburgh should get together for a chat, they'd get on like a house on fire.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:59:45 am by GorstStreetBoy »

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #515 on: December 24, 2010, 09:24:42 am »
6 months?!!  :o

i feel depressed..   :P
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline gandt

• Kopite
  • just lFC
« Reply #516 on: December 24, 2010, 09:37:04 am »
Aaaaaaaand again I made the mistake of reading his quotes.
Roy the man managing maestro.

the mans a complete wanker, no more needs to be said

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
« Reply #517 on: December 24, 2010, 09:46:57 am »
"We are in a position to strike for the top four but we are a good few points off. Some people would say it is pie in the sky to suggest we can do it but I don't think there is such a thing as pie in the sky in terms of football," Hodgson added.

"Everything is possible and while things are possible we will play for them but we are realistic and we are not making any vain promises. We know we have given ourselves a severe handicap but we will work to bring in that handicap."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iQOHkLpdiAaEXeENYiCiSlN3q70w?docId=N0316881293175996913A

'We have given ourselves a severe handicap' or 'In appointing me Christian Purslow gave the team a severe hadicap'?

I know which I think it is.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:54:20 am by GorstStreetBoy »

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: December 24, 2010, 09:48:30 am »
I really wish the guy would proof-read what he says. It's embarrassing sometimes.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #519 on: December 24, 2010, 09:54:36 am »
This thread is like a fucking train wreck. I just can't take my eyes off it.