Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140496 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #440 on: December 23, 2010, 02:21:12 am »
Well, I'm off to bed now. It's not a bad bed, but is it any better than the bed I had before and let it go? I don't know. I know no one could sleep in the bed any better than me, and I know nobody could sleep any harder than me. That's not my fault. It's the B-bed sleepers and the fellas that sold them to me. It's a big named bed though, and I'm one of Europe's most respected bed judgers. I've been judging beds for over 35 years. But I'm not worried about anyone wanting to get in my bed. In fact, I'm sure there's a lot people who'd like to get in my bed. But they shouldn't have got out of the bed in the first place.

I'm even boring meself now... ffs who honestly cares what this fella says anymore?
He'll say one thing and then change it for it's direct opposite in mid-sentence as long as it doesn't mean he takes any responsibility for it and gets a nice pay off when he's done. Then he'll regain his reputation by blaming everyone but himself for his failings, and he'll leather us for being unfair to him.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #441 on: December 23, 2010, 02:21:59 am »
RE: Joe Cole
"I was involved in the discussion with him, but the initiative and the desire to take Joe did come from the managing director perhaps more so than myself because I wasn't in the position to say these are the players we should be targeting as I hadn't been offered the job at that point," Hodgson said.

"I played my part in persuading him it was a good move, but I made it clear I couldn't promise him a certain position. I made it very clear Steven Gerrard was staying, and the competition for the one spot, if it was the one spot he wanted, it was going to be very tough.

"He's not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. I'd have to share the responsibility for Joe, but I have every faith in his ability, and I'm sure he'll come good."
Fucking HELL.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #442 on: December 23, 2010, 02:22:51 am »
Just read the part regarding J Cole.

Speechless.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #443 on: December 23, 2010, 02:24:03 am »

Speechless.
It's incredible isn't it. No wonder the players don't look motivated.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #444 on: December 23, 2010, 02:25:03 am »
It's incredible isn't it. No wonder the players don't look motivated.

I just dont know what to say to that man. Incredible.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: December 23, 2010, 02:25:03 am »

Speechless.
Thank fuck for that. Hodgson's enough, you on top of it, I just couldn't bear.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #446 on: December 23, 2010, 02:26:52 am »
Thank fuck for that. Hodgson's enough, you on top of it, I just couldn't bear.

Im astonished at what he's said.  Truly.

There are no words.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: December 23, 2010, 02:31:40 am »
Im astonished at what he's said.  Truly.

There are no words.
Yeah. You just said that only you said speechless the first time and still managed to repeat yourself. I'm sure if I hang around you'll come out with more and more drivel an all. But you can fuck right off lad. I have even less time for you than Roy. In fact, I find you to both be very similair.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #448 on: December 23, 2010, 02:32:33 am »
Yeah. You just said that only you said speechless the first time and still managed to repeat yourself. I'm sure if I hang around you'll come out with more and more drivel an all. But you can fuck right off lad. I have even less time for you than Roy. In fact, I find you to both be very similair.

Oh FS, you shouldnt of. Im touched.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #449 on: December 23, 2010, 02:32:55 am »
To be fair mate he admitted he was wrong earlier, not an easy thing to say.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: December 23, 2010, 02:34:34 am »
Oh FS, you shouldnt of. Im touched.
Here we go. So what's next snide... what's the next ploy? Keep going cos I really couldn't give a fuck about a ban and you aren't kidding anyone, you shithouse.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #451 on: December 23, 2010, 02:37:26 am »
To be fair mate he admitted he was wrong earlier, not an easy thing to say.

Appreciate that.

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #452 on: December 23, 2010, 02:38:36 am »
Here we go. So what's next snide... what's the next ploy? Keep going cos I really couldn't give a fuck about a ban and you aren't kidding anyone, you shithouse.
If a man admits his mistake surely best to just say well done for waking up?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: December 23, 2010, 02:39:56 am »
HA! Night night.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #454 on: December 23, 2010, 02:43:50 am »
wow i wish i didnt watch that interview, shifting blame and stubbs saying he doesn't make excuses. He pretty much said top 4 is over and we were unrealistic. Why the hell are you still here than roy?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #455 on: December 23, 2010, 02:55:27 am »
There are no words.

Yes there are.

You could say something along the lines of 'He really must go now' rather than continue with the 'Give him till the end of the season'.

Nothing he has done or is doing and will continue to do if he stays here comes as the slightest surprise to some of us and it's not as if people haven't been warned about it, this very sort of behaviour by him over the years that has been highlighted so many times on here since his appointment.

He's totally out of his depth and flailing and has been since he was appointed and this is just a continuation of his honed distraction techniques that he's perfected over the years. He consistently shifts the blame to others for failings of his own responsibilities.

I'll give you a prediction. When he has done his last peculiar face rub and is finally removed, screaming and kicking and defiantly proclaiming he was right and that it was everyone else who let him down, he will probably sell his story to one of Murdochs rags.  He's that kind of guy and they would love it just to put one on Liverpool fans. Again.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: December 23, 2010, 03:00:43 am »
Purslow: Welcome to the club Roy
Roy: Thank you Christian. I'm delighted to be offered the job as it's probably, and I say this without fear of contradiction that this is probably the 3rd best club in the country or  if I'm being honest probably the 4th or 5th best depending on the underchievement of the previous manager who like his predecessor struggled to find the balance between being able to attack and defend which as Fulham manager and the chief coach of Carshalton Athletic,Halmstad,Bristol City,Oddevold,,Örebro,   Malmö FF and Neuchâtel Xamax was never a problem for me. So I'm quite happy to........

Purslow: Yes Roy...very nice. Now.....transfers.

Roy: Ahhh yes, those ones at Blackburn weren't down to me.

Purslow: Never mind that. Joe Cole........what d'ya think?

Roy: Who?

Purslow: Joe Cole

Roy: ?

Purslow: Joe fucking Cole..........from Chelsea. Little feller with a fat arse......tight shorts?

Roy: Used to play for Harry and Billy at West Ham? Good lads those.........old school. None of your fancy coaching and sports science people having a say with those lads....salt of the Earth both of them.....

Purslow: Yes, yes.....that's the player.

Roy: Harry rated him so he must be good.

Purslow: Well we've signed him.

Roy: I see.....well I can't pretend to be happy about taking The Spaniards signings under my wing.

Purslow: I signed him......not Benitez.

Roy: Ahhhh........he must be a great player then!

Purslow: It doesn't matter how good he is.....he's Stevie's mate and Stevie want's us to sign him. I promised Stevie we would get him and I always keep my promises.....ask Stevie.

Roy: Well that would compromise my position and authority.

Purslow: Haaaa......hahahahahaha. Good one Roy.....very funny. We've signed him and that's that.

Roy: I'm not going to pretend to be happy when I'm. You'll know when that happens as I get a strange itchy sensation on my face.
So.....

Purslow: You're not listening.

Roy: I might be.

Purslow: I said He's Stevies mate and Stevie want's me to sign him.

Roy: Stevie?

Purslow: Yes............Gerrard.

Roy: But he's only a baby.

Purslow: What?

Roy: Steven Gerrard is only a baby. He still wears short pants.

Purslow: What?

Roy: I've seen him......running around on the television......in short pants. Kicking a ball.

Purslow: That's his football kit.

Roy: Good point.........he's still only a baby though.

Purslow: He's 30 years of age!

Roy: As I say......a baby!

Purslow: Christ!........Anyway he want's Joe Cole and that's all there is to it.

Roy: Sort of like getting an early Christmas present for being a good boy.......like a Scalextric?

Purslow: Yes Roy...........like a Scalextric.

Roy: Can I blame you if it doesn't work out?

Puslow: You can do what the fuck you want.

Roy: Sounds like a great signing......what's his name again?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:02:30 am by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #457 on: December 23, 2010, 03:17:54 am »
Purslow: Welcome to the club Roy

Fucking genius, I'm still crying, fuck it I'm gonna read it again. :)
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #458 on: December 23, 2010, 03:20:43 am »
I see Hodgson has given Joe one of his famous arm around the shoulder pep talks.

“It’s a difficult one for me to answer,” said Hodgson. “I was involved in the discussions with him, but the initiative and the desire to take Joe did come from Christian [Purslow, then managing director] perhaps more so than myself because I wasn’t in the position to say these are the players we should be targeting as I hadn’t been offered the job at that point.

“He’s not so much a player I can take responsibility for. I’d have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than people like Poulsen, Meireles and Konchesky, who are players I was happy to bring to the club.

Meireles? As if? Is he having a laugh? Does he take us for complete simpletons? The esteemed gentleman didn't even know where his best position was, claimed that he was getting him in to REPLACE Mascherano (ffs), played him as a right-sided midfielder of sorts in his 4-2-2-2 . . .

Yeah, sure you can take credit for Meireles.

No, Konchesky and Poulsen. That's it. And what great acquisitions THOSE have been . . .
Ludi Circenses!

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #459 on: December 23, 2010, 03:25:46 am »
Wow, some things he says are just plain out and out nasty..  Why humiliate your own players
Unbelievable ain't he, whatever happened to this great man manager and motivator we was getting, supposedly.
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: December 23, 2010, 03:27:18 am »
Can someone give the link to the email?

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: December 23, 2010, 03:33:28 am »
“It’s a difficult one for me to answer,” said Hodgson. “I was involved in the discussions with him, but the initiative and the desire to take Joe did come from Christian [Purslow, then managing director] perhaps more so than myself because I wasn’t in the position to say these are the players we should be targeting as I hadn’t been offered the job at that point.
Roy not taking responsibility is nothing new, but what the f*ck is going on here?

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: December 23, 2010, 04:10:27 am »
how in the world is roy hodgson still our club's manager??? it's really beyond me now.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: December 23, 2010, 04:16:13 am »
Joe Cole's learning a harsh lesson about English managers, a lesson you'd have thought he'd have already learnt with Steve McClaren.

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #464 on: December 23, 2010, 05:07:15 am »
I see Hodgson has given Joe one of his famous arm around the shoulder pep talks.

“He’s not so much a player I can take responsibility for. I’d have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than people like Poulsen, Meireles and Konchesky, who are players I was happy to bring to the club.

Fucking hell!
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #465 on: December 23, 2010, 05:29:43 am »
Yes there are.

You could say something along the lines of 'He really must go now' rather than continue with the 'Give him till the end of the season'.

Won't happen.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #466 on: December 23, 2010, 06:00:18 am »
I must say though that I feel the media just haven't done their job (duh) in calling him out with the things he clearly is contradicting himself.

The way he talks about the squad one never knows what he really means because it's either depleated or overstaffed, is his squad or someone elses, is very good and could push for 4th or so bad that he shouldn't be judged by it.

Now he's beginning to spout about how we don't really need players and should save the money but just day's before he's saying we need 2-3 top players.

And people call supporters fickle.
Well, he's all over the place all the time to the extent that if he were to get called out on something, he has said the exact opposite as well at some point so nothing will stick.

He's like an idiot savant. No offense to IS's.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #467 on: December 23, 2010, 06:01:00 am »
I have had enough of Roy Hodgson. The way he's got us playing is so fucking soul destroying, I cannot bring myself to even watch a football game.

china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: December 23, 2010, 06:23:03 am »
So Joe, what do you think of Roy's "arm around the shoulder" style of management, working out well for you?

Hodgson absolving himself of any "blame" for signing the underperforming Joe Cole and yet takes "credit" for bringing Konchesky and Poulsen to the club.

Rather like saying I didn't rob the bank but I was involved in the planning and I did drive the getaway car.

Offline bretc

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool Forever!
« Reply #469 on: December 23, 2010, 07:14:58 am »
I'm sick and tired of this idiot! The Liverpool job really exposed all his flaws and mediocrity. I wonder when will NESV finally do something about the situation cos day by day, we're being dragged further and further down into the drains by this idiot. Can we fans do more to let NESV know about our feelings besides venting away on forums? Shall we put up giant "SACK ROY" banners at Anfield to make our feelings known? I dun mind the Rafa flags too.

Too bad I'm in Singapore, else I would definitely join in the "Sack Roy" campaign at Anfield - if there is one.

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: December 23, 2010, 07:38:04 am »
"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions."
This belongs on a banner.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #471 on: December 23, 2010, 08:52:23 am »
To be fair to Roy, at least he doesn't limit his man management masterclass, English, foreign, you're all welcome to come and be made to feel like shit!
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #472 on: December 23, 2010, 11:33:41 am »
Unbelievable ain't he, whatever happened to this great man manager and motivator we was getting, supposedly.

Another media driven myth in the mysterious world of Roy Hodgson's reputation.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #473 on: December 23, 2010, 11:44:46 am »

carra and stevie must be so proud
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #474 on: December 23, 2010, 11:49:52 am »
I'm sick and tired of this idiot! The Liverpool job really exposed all his flaws and mediocrity. I wonder when will NESV finally do something about the situation cos day by day, we're being dragged further and further down into the drains by this idiot. Can we fans do more to let NESV know about our feelings besides venting away on forums? Shall we put up giant "SACK ROY" banners at Anfield to make our feelings known? I dun mind the Rafa flags too.

Too bad I'm in Singapore, else I would definitely join in the "Sack Roy" campaign at Anfield - if there is one.

As much as I despise the incumbent, I feel the "campaign" is a no-go. If we are to retain any bit of dignity left as a club, the banners should never come out. From the phone-in session, I think FSG knows exactly what the fans think of the despicable old snidey fart.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #475 on: December 23, 2010, 11:52:32 am »

Incredible that he's LFC's manager. You have to wonder what the owners make of this. We're a laughing stock with this idiot at the helm.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #476 on: December 23, 2010, 08:08:18 pm »
How can you tell when Roy Hodgson says something stupid?

His lips are moving.

He might well have just said "Joe Cole is like the son I never wanted."
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: December 23, 2010, 08:10:55 pm »
Roy must dream of a team of Konchesky's..... Doesn't have same ring to it though

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: December 23, 2010, 08:20:05 pm »
"Keep going ,dont let them grind you down"

Fucking hell it gets worse..........

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/63836.html

HOW THE FUCK IS HE STILL OUR MANAGER

Well I just wasted ten minutes listening to him mumble through that interview

The worst part

8.50 mins - Stubbs 'No Gerrard, no carragher, Torres out of sorts..... you have done well to grin and bear it haven't you Roy'

Journalism at it's finest

Roy's closing Christmas message to other managers

Keep going, try to enjoy it, don't let them grind you down

The man just flows with optimism  ::)
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #479 on: December 23, 2010, 08:22:19 pm »
On Sky:

"For now Hodgson is more concerned about putting his own stamp on the Liverpool squad, with the January transfer window offering him another opportunity to bolster his ranks.

Targets

"It will depend on the players who are available," he said.

"If the players are available that we have talked about, targeted and think would really make us a better team, then of course it would help me to shape the team a lot quicker than maybe will be the case.

"But I fear that the type of player we are looking at, the type of player we think is necessary to improve our team, won't be available in the transfer window even if money was available.

"We are anxious that any players we bring in are the right ones, the right ones for the future, not just the immediate future but the long-term future.

"It is also important that they are better than the players we have got, because I think the players we have got are better than they have shown on occasions and I believe they will be better in 2011."

Can anyone tell me what the F*CK that means?  And is it as clueless and condescending as it sounds?  He's just grasping at straws at this point, I'm afraid.

--edit--

I see that this has been commented on a couple of pages back.  And it still doesn't make any sense hours later!

So basically it's: "My players suck, although they aren't my players anyway, but if I'm stuck with them then they should be able to play better later for some unknown reason, I hope.  Not that I have any plan or anything, don't get me wrong."

Dear me.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:29:35 pm by bclfc »
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS