Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 591901 times)

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
Did Bayern help save Dortmund with some loan when they were going bankrupt? Read it somewhere probably just gossip.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
As expected from my friends around here and Marca, it's seems to be foregone  conclusion that a spanish team will win the CL.

Which will make it all the more sweet if Borussia win it :D proper football club that.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
So the consensus is that Kloop is a manager who creates a team and a legacy over a number of years, that is antithesis of Abramovich policy, so in that case Man United would seem a perfect fit for Kloop.
To be honest, yes they would. Please stop giving them ideas though.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
Was hearing football weekly earlier and Sid Low said that Barcelona look the least likeliest team to win it interesting statement.   

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Was hearing football weekly earlier and Sid Low said that Barcelona look the least likeliest team to win it interesting statement.   
It is interesting seeing as Dortmund needed a multiple offside goal to be in the semis. I wonder would he have put Malaga who were seconds away from an away win ahead of Barca? Doubt it.

My feeling is Barca are buying time to get on track again, a fit Messi and a healthy Villanova will do that. If they manage to scrape to the final, I think they'll win it.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Personally I'd like to see Germany v Spain semi's with an all German final, and dortmund winning it. Unlikely, but who would have predicted the outcome of the 05 tournament.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
I hope Manduzkic's yellow card gets removed, it's an injustice that this was considered a yellow card

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
How is that even a foul on the Juve player?  :o
Or is that supposed to be a dive?
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
^ THis whole 'best ever' is a bit semantic. Fair play to anyone who think Iniesta is the best ever attacking midfielder (they've ever seen, or watched). By the way, Barca felt the need to have a one leg Messi just to get a grip of the game against PSG, at home game. It's kinda funny, when the best ever AMC was not enough.
Iniesta has come up big in many, many big games. This criticism could apply to a player like Ibra, who is supposedly great, but never has done it in Champions League. But Iniesta? 3 times CL winner, world cup winner, 2 euro cup winner, league titles, cups, 6 semis of CL in a row...

Any player who retires with that collection of trophies would be among the most decorated, yet you come and point to one game? You have to be kidding. A player like Zidane won one CL, and has been failing with Madrid's Galactico project, and he is mentioned among the best ever. I don't say he isn't among them, but it is ridiculous that you question Iniesta's consistency.

Messi is best ever. Iniesta is one of the best ever in his position. Both can retire tomorrow, doesn't matter, they have done enough to get that praise.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
I don't reckon so. I think Iniesta is the same player Xavi was three/four years ago. He'll slot into the Xavi role and then drop deeper as he gets older as Xavi himself has done. Personally I also think Busquets could push forward and do that role.

Also I think its a bit much ruling Thiago out already seeing as Xavi didn't hit his peak until his late 20's, hes got many years yet to develop into that player. But my bet is Iniesta into the Xavi role, Cesc into the Iniesta role. Then when Iniesta retires, Cesc into the Xavi role and Messi into the Iniesta role, with Deulofeu or Dongou taking the Messi role. etc..

And this will carry on until the oceans are dried up and the world becomes uninhabitable...
In theory, it seems so, and I have to admit, I thought this is what is going to happen too. But in reality, Barca have tried to play many games without Xavi, it just isn't the same without him. This is why even half-fit Xavi gets to play vs Milan, both legs, and PSG. He has been injured, been playing on injections. If it was as easy as you put it here, Barca would have played Cesc instead of him and that's that. But it is not so simple...

Talking about Xavi and Iniesta, I want to remind everybody about Cesc Fabregas. When he was at Arsenal, Cesc was frequently compared, sometimes favorably by certain people in the media and certainly Arsenal fans. Apparently, he makes more risky passes, has better long balls and more goals... whatever. But since he came to Barca, and has been playing on the same pitch with Xavi and Iniesta, we see a clear difference in levels. Between historical players that are Xavi and Iniesta, and good players like Cesc, Pirlo, Alonso and other contemporaries.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:57:02 am by Xxavi »

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
I hope Manduzkic's yellow card gets removed, it's an injustice that this was considered a yellow card

The gif doesn't show the play acting of Chiellini that followed his kicking of Mandzukic. I guarantee, if it were Barca, we won't see and hear end of it. It ranks as among the worst play acting I have ever seen. Certainly worse than Busquets, because Chiellini kicked and play acted to get Madzukic sent off.

Offline Coutistar

• Sugar-coated to hide his monstrous intellect
  • Anny Roader
What are the odds for each combination of matches between these four? Definitely won't be same for all although statisitically speaking they should be same.
Surely the betting companies must be ITK about UEFA plans?

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
I'd like to see a Barca-Bayern semi-final, it'd be two incredible encounters. Could see Bayern edging that.

Madrid-Dortmund wouldn't be too bad either.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
What are the odds for each combination of matches between these four? Definitely won't be same for all although statisitically speaking they should be same.

Is there a company offering odds on the draw? I don't see the point in that.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
That's because two main things are taken into account when forming odds, the statistical likeliness of something happening but also what punters actually want to see happen. The more they want to bet on something the shorter the odds. This works out especially well in Europe when big teams play away and the home team are at much higher odds than they should be (AC vs Barca anyone?).
It's like in a normal match, the odds of a draw are usually around 10% higher than you should be getting (on an exchange like betfair they are anyway) because quite simply- who wants to bet on a draw?

Oh and UEFA being one of the most corrupt organisations around probably has something to do with it too.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
Live streamed on here http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/draws/round=2000360/index.html

Draw should be fairly soon, just after the Europa League one.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
It is on eurosport too.

They have a draw for the final....
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Lizarazu has become a little fat
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Bayern vs Barcelona

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
Yesss the draw i wanted to see.

Bayern vs Barcelona
Dortmund vs Madrid

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Fantastic draw!!

Bayern vs Barca
Dortmund vs Madrid
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
I wanted Barca v Dortmund.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I wanted Barca v Dortmund.

That'll be a great final.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Return legs at Spain, have to say I can see a Real v Bayern final.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline roblfc13

• Main Stander
Choosing which Semi to watch is going to be a bastard

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

They will be on separate days

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
I'd like to see a Barca-Bayern semi-final, it'd be two incredible encounters. Could see Bayern edging that.

Madrid-Dortmund wouldn't be too bad either.

What I'm hoping for too
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
Why, are we only allowed to watch one?

Offline roblfc13

• Main Stander
They will be on separate days
Relief

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.

You don't have to. They're on separate days.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
That'll be a great final.

I hope it's not a Barca v Madrid final anyway.

My prediction is Bayern v Madrid.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
Couldn't have asked for a better draw
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
Return legs at Spain, have to say I can see a Real v Bayern final.

Yeah i think it'll be that too.

Barca will need Messi back fit and at his best to even have a chance of beating Bayern over the two legs.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Perfect draw you get to see Bayern v Barca twice then possibly a Barca v Real final but a Bayern v Real would also be good
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Interesting thing is that both Germany and Spain's domestic leagues are done and dusted (well, virtually in Spain) which means all the teams can focus on the Champions League. Two great looking ties as well.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
Perfect. Looking forward to bayern vs barca twice

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Perfect draw you get to see Bayern v Barca twice then possibly a Barca v Real final but a Bayern v Real would also be good

Dortmund have already played Madrid twice this season, won one and drawn one, so don't think it will be a walk over for Real ;)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Cracking matches, I'm tempted not to watch them and download them later in the nite to avoid knowing the scores
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238