Author Topic: What happened to our fighting spirit?  (Read 7947 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: What happened to our fighting spirit?
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »
Last year under Hodgson I felt exactly the same as I do now - despondent, miserable and pessimistic

Last I looked we're still in with a big shout for 4th
And in the semis of the carling cup

We're getting there just give it time

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 06:36:44 pm »
About the current state of Liverpool FC as a fighting team - but then thats rather obvious, isn't it?
SA.

you dont post very often perhaps that's a blessing ::) :shocked
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Monsieur

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Silently wishing
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 06:37:58 pm »
you dont post very often perhaps that's a blessing ::) :shocked

Thats because I work hard and haven't the got the time to sit in front of a computer all day  :)

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »
The more I listen and read the well balanced views of others the more I feel that the players we signed in the summer just dont have it in them to make that next step up.
Im not panicking but I do wonder.
Im of the ilk that new players need time to adjust and with this season being a transitional period I think they do need the time and patience to be given the chance to step up. It cant be easy.
But the more you hear it the more it kinda makes sense that they are no where near there yet.

I've pretty much accepted that Carroll, Downing, and Adam are busts.  FFS if Adam isn't even taking his "£10M corners" what does he really have to offer?  Lately he's been slow and lazy and a bit of a joke...he's committing blatant fouls and ALWAYS pretending like he did nothing. 

Love LFC, but lately I don't like our players. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline olllie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2012, 06:43:39 pm »
Last I looked we're still in with a big shout for 4th
And in the semis of the carling cup

We're getting there just give it time
Yeah but we're barely there. Our football have been scrappy to say the least.

Offline Jimmyjames

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 07:13:55 pm »
I think i just long for the halycon days of yore when players for the club actually treated every game like a cup tie and their very existence depended on it.  I hope we had a team full of Kenny's, Stevie, G's, Terry Macs, Robbie Fowlers, Carra's and Belleamy's but i guess in the days of bling and frail loyalties money talks. I am certain Kenny is doing his best to motivate, he loves the club too much to do otherwise, just wish half the team would feel the same way about the club as we do :'(

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2012, 07:29:38 pm »
I've pretty much accepted that Carroll, Downing, and Adam are busts.  FFS if Adam isn't even taking his "£10M corners" what does he really have to offer?  Lately he's been slow and lazy and a bit of a joke...he's committing blatant fouls and ALWAYS pretending like he did nothing. 

Love LFC, but lately I don't like our players. 

Accepted by WHO?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2012, 07:36:13 pm »
We fought tooth and nail at City just 12 days ago. Saturday was a blip in terms of lack of effort.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 02:30:30 am »
Fighting spirit?

Maybe its just me but I have seen us play some pretty decent footy this season, attacking the oppositions goal all the time.  Isn't that fighting spirit?  Bellamy running his socks off on knackered knees,  Skrtel and Agger forming a great partnership, Skrtel's sliding into goal and hurting himself to keep the ball out- no acknowledgement of their spirit? 

How about the players all going out in Suarez t shirts and getting slated as supporters of racism, isn't that enough of a fighting spirit for you? 

There is a danger that because the team played crap the other day people are throwing their hands up in horror and all of sudden all the players are crap, they don't care, won't fight for the club.

I don't know why they were so poor, maybe they are too focused on the next game, maybe the groans from some in the stands whenever a pass goes stray or maybe the fact there has been an orchestrated campaign in the media to pull the club to bits is having an effect.

Maybe losing Lucas, and Suarez in such controversial circumstances has affected some of them just as badly as it has se of us - who knows - but I don't think it helps to label them all as not having the fighting spirit.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 09:56:45 pm »
Kenny and the lads have been let down by the new signings except for Bellamy and Enrique.
Downing, Henderson and Carroll are too soft and wouldn't know what a tackle was if it bit them on the arse.
Adam does get stuck in but he's too slow and makes silly tackles.
Ffs I saw Ngoo and sterling holding off this humongous Blackburn centre half today, why can't our lads get stuck in, or is it a case they think their too good to get dirty or mess their hair.
YNWA

Offline Caeciro

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 10:58:09 pm »
I made a thread on similar lines after the Stoke game, and I agree with you 100%.

Offline Jimmyjames

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 09:48:54 pm »
Big slice of humble pie for me... that was awesome and THAT was passion - now smash the other manc twats on Saturday!