Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140469 times)

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2010, 08:44:13 pm »
Does anyone else think that Brian Reades bit  in the paper is sowing the seed for the press to finally start to understand what a twunt Rwoy is.  Some of them quotes are just shocking and at times very contradictory, a most unsatisfactory manger for LFC.

was on blankety blank once and came second.........

hoonin

« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2010, 08:50:24 pm »
Does anyone else think that Brian Reades bit  in the paper is sowing the seed for the press to finally start to understand what a twunt Rwoy is.

They'll bail him out into the England job at the expense of that nasty foreigner Capello first.

Only when he royally fucks up their precious England team will they finally turn on him and bury him in an avalanche of criticism and ridicule. It's the English way.

Nailed. On. Certainty.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »
They'll bail him out into the England job at the expense of that nasty foreigner Capello first.

Only when he royally fucks up their precious England team will they finally turn on him and bury him in an avalanche of criticism and ridicule. It's the English way.
Disagree.

The media know Hodgson is shit. He will never get the England job if they have their way. Meanwhile, they'll do their best to keep him in with the Liverpool job, just because they know Liverpool fans don't like him. Their support for Roy is just "Liverpool fan baiting" in my opinion.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2010, 09:07:11 pm »

God that would be perfect.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2010, 09:44:29 pm »
Why do some people insist on bringing Rafa into this? Get over him. Roy's being judged on his stupid quotes and no one is taking the mick out of him, he does a good job of it all by himself!
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline iga

• Main Stander
« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2010, 09:46:41 pm »
Disagree.

The media know Hodgson is shit. He will never get the England job if they have their way. Meanwhile, they'll do their best to keep him in with the Liverpool job, just because they know Liverpool fans don't like him. Their support for Roy is just "Liverpool fan baiting" in my opinion.

I agree. They are privately pissing themselves at our predicament, while giving him public support. The 'they want to see an English Manager do well at a top Club" line of thought is just bollocks - they can teabag Redknapp for that one. If Hodgson was still at Fulham and a vacancy came up at Arsenal, Chelsea or the Mancs, you can bet your bottom dollar that no fucker in the media would be trumpeting Hodgson for the role.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2010, 09:48:18 pm »
If Hodgson was still at Fulham and a vacancy came up at Arsenal, Chelsea or the Mancs, you can bet your bottom dollar that no fucker in the media would be trumpeting Hodgson for the role.

Even Hodgson don't think he's good enough for those roles

Offline jand

• Kemlynite
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2010, 10:01:53 pm »
I go back to watching us during Shankly's last season.All our managers since have been from within the club. Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish Souness Evans one big family, the Liverpool way. Houllier and Rafa were outsiders who we initially didnt know or have any affinity with, there was no history and we were all willing to give them a chance.
Hodgson is the first Liverpool manager from within our own league, has no affinity with Liverpool, he was known to us and we have all been aware of his mediocre management with mediocre teams.
I think it would have been the same story if Redknapp, Bruce, Holloway had got the job. They can never be properly in tune with the club or the fans.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2010, 10:05:00 pm »
I go back to watching us during Shankly's last season.All our managers since have been from within the club. Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish Souness Evans one big family, the Liverpool way. Houllier and Rafa were outsiders who we initially didnt know or have any affinity with, there was no history and we were all willing to give them a chance.
Hodgson is the first Liverpool manager from within our own league, has no affinity with Liverpool, he was known to us and we have all been aware of his mediocre management with mediocre teams.
I think it would have been the same story if Redknapp, Bruce, Holloway had got the job. They can never be properly in tune with the club or the fans.

Agree with that. Except Houllier had supported the club for a long time before he took over.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Big Joe

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2010, 10:13:12 pm »
Hope I didn't misquote him after the Newcastle game, but I'm sure he said our away form "is not good enough for a team hoping to be mid table"

The sentiment - rather than the exact words tell a scarey story

hoonin

« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2010, 10:20:38 pm »
Hope I didn't misquote him after the Newcastle game, but I'm sure he said our away form "is not good enough for a team hoping to be mid table"

It was "top half" rather than mid-table, but the point remains - everything he says is a vote for mediocrity and an absolute lack of ambition.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:25 pm »
after which game did I think I heard Roy say we will lose many more games and the fans had better get used to that ?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2010, 10:27:27 pm »
It was "top half" rather than mid-table, but the point remains - everything he says is a vote for mediocrity and an absolute lack of ambition.

We've been outsiders for as long as I can remember. The acceptance of an establishment figure has been making my blood boil for months.

And that was before he proved he's fucking shite mediocre.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2010, 10:41:08 pm »
No, I did not say it absolves him from criticism. I said I have no doubt that he's doing his best but I didn't once say that it was all that is needed. Moreover I do not have that attitude with players either and have maintained for a while now that there are too many players in our squad who aren't good enough.

Indeed.

I'm not defending his comments, I merely said that he (like anyone) will naturally defend himself if he is taking criticism.

"Defending himself against what?" The mass criticism he receives perhaps.

I see no justification in some of the comments he has made, nor do I recall ever trying to justify some of the comments he has made.

So you'll criticise players even though they are doing their best. You won't defend them , even when they are doing their best. Yet you defend the managers right to make these comments because 'he's doing his best'?

As for 'defending himself against mass criticism'.
I'll ask you again but I'll try a different approach because you don't seem to be getting the point here.
When he started making these comments, which go back a long way......what criticism in the press conferences prompted these comments and statements?

I can't think of many that could have been prompted by comments from supporters forums. The comments from him regarding the protests. The comments regarding Benitez and Dalglish.

Surely you're not suggesting he comes into places like this and feels the need to respond via a relevant question (or not) by a journalist?

So I'm at a loss to understand where this mass criticism came from in July
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2010, 11:16:17 pm »
In the summer of 2010, Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and the Liverpool board made the decision to sack Rafael Benitez and replace him with Roy Hodgson.

Martin Broughton was asked what impressed him most about Roy Hodgson during interview. He replied:

Quote from: Martin Broughton
“He wanted to focus on how he could get more out of the existing players. His focus wasn’t on ‘how much money can I have?’ or ‘I want to bring this person or that person in’. He was really focused on ‘I believe I’ve got a track record that demonstrates it, that I can take the existing players, get much better performances out of them and buy constructively to build for a better future”.

Here follows a few snippets from Hodgson since his appointment:

Quote from: Roy Hodgson
9th September 2010:

“We were unbelievably over-staffed when I came to the club and, if the truth be known, we are still over-staffed. It was just as big a job making sure some players who never feature for the first team move on and that we limit our squad to players who are either in the frame to play first team football, or who have a bright future who are still anxious to play academy and reserve team football”.

26th November 2010 (after beating West Ham):

“We don’t need to do too much in the January transfer window. I have a very clear picture now of what we should and need to be doing and the squad is stronger and getting stronger. It was probably stronger than I realised at certain stages in the early part of the season when we were losing games. Hopefully that will mean we won’t need to do too much in the January transfer window”.

14th December 2010 (after defeat to Newcastle):

“Unless there is a major influx of cash into the club, and the team is going to be changed from one moment to the next, then whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players. I can’t do more than I am doing. I can’t work any harder and I can’t work any better”.

So in short, he claimed at interview that he could achieve better results than the previous manager with the existing players. We’re currently sat 9th in the league, level on points with Blackpool who have a game in hand, have a negative goal difference at the end of December and have produced some of the worst performances in living memory.

After the defeat to Newcastle (see quote above), he claims he can’t do any better and nobody could without massive investment. You seem to have changed your tune Roy? You’re also admitting you’re not up to the job.

Transfers

Before his departure, Rafael Benitez had sealed the transfers of Danny Wilson, Milan Jovanovic and Jonjo Shelvey in free transfers and cut price deals. Christian Purslow also secured the signing of Joe Cole before the appointment of Roy Hodgson was made. So who exactly has Hodgson signed to constructively build for a better future?

Raul Meireles to replace Aquilani who had been loaned out to Juventus.
Christian Poulson to replace Javier Mascherano (30 yrs old, 3 yr deal)
Brad Jones as back up for Pepe Reina
Paul Konchesky to replace the loaned out Emiliano Insua. (29 yrs old, 4 yr deal)
Fabio Aurelio re-signed after being released (offered 2yr contract, released as wouldn’t agree pay-as-you-play deal)

It can also be argued that Raul Meireles wasn’t his signing either, judging by the comments he made a few weeks after his arrival:

“He has had two training sessions, played on Thursday night and played again on Sunday, so it is very early for me to make very strong judgements about where his best position is. The work we do on the training field will show me how best to use him. He actually went out wide right late in the United game and did ok there also. All I can say is he has a lot of qualities and I’m sure we’ll get a lot of use out of him”.

Does that sound like a manager that signed the player, or a manager that inherited a player? I find it hard to believe he wouldn’t know the best position of a player he’d signed himself.

So that leaves Brad Jones, Christian Poulson and Paul Konchesky as the players Roy Hodgson has brought to the club at a cost of just short of £15m. That record hardly inspires confidence in letting him spend any more money in January does it?

“Judge me after 10 games”

10th September (after taking 4 points from the first 3 games):

“I think tables are of no interest until at least 10 games have been played. I don’t think you worry about that after 3 games. After 10 games I will start worrying about the table, but until then, I’ll worry more about the performances and results”.

After 10 games the situation was:

12. Liverpool       P10, GD -4, Pts 12

We’d also witnessed some of the worst performances in living memory, with not a slight glimpse of promise to latch onto. The 10 games had passed and things looked worse than they did when he spoke on the 10th December. Then in true Hodgson style, he moved the goalposts once again:

15th November (after defeat to Stoke):

“I don’t expect this result to dent confidence any more than any bad result does, or any end to a good run dents your confidence. We are talking about two or three games a season. I find it hard to have to explain that every time you win a game things are flying forward, and when you get a bad result they are flying backwards.

“I’m a 38-55 game a season man and I make my judgement over that period. I don’t get euphoric when we play well against Chelsea and I certainly won’t become anything other than realistic and determined to move onto the next step when we lose a game”.

Will we be asked to judge him over 3 years if we’re still sitting mid-table at best when this 38-55 game period elapses?

Add your own as and when the useless, lying, fraudulent twat comes out with them.

FOR!
A Son of Shankly

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2010, 11:22:26 pm »

Add your own as and when the useless, lying, fraudulent twat comes out with them.

i am just waiting to hear

"i quit"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2010, 11:27:28 pm »
You seldom post on here anymore BHB but they're usually quality and backed up with evidence unlike alot of the unsubstantiated shite permeating other threads. This falls into that category, well in. Presumably FOR is Fuck Off Roy?  ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:28:59 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2010, 11:29:58 pm »

I don't recall him saying that but in fairness he's spot on.

Our away form isn't what you expect from a team with mid table aspirations.......it akin to a team with relegation as it's #1 target.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2010, 11:36:18 pm »

Nailed. On. Certainty.

Naaaah Redknapp's name is already on that Ingurland contract mate.

Hodgson will see having his name mentioned as a contender as justification for him applying for the Real Madrid job after Moureen get's binned and goes back to Porto following the appointment of Villas-Boas as Liverpool manager with a war chest of £500 million.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2010, 11:40:16 pm »
Oh my god, has it only been 6 months?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2010, 11:43:28 pm »
I actually really like his latest offerings concerning 'the run' we're about to go on where we 'climb the table'. I don't have the actual quotes, but it's nice to hear of this 'run' coming up where he's expecting us to win some games. I was worried there for a minute that there wasn't going to be 'a run' at any point this season, but now that I've heard how we're expected to go up the table I feel much better.

Of course that quote from Roy definitely definitely won't come back to haunt him, because the season starts right here! We're going on a run! We're heading up that table, just like Roy expects us to, and we're finally starting our season!! YES! This really really won't come back and bite Roy in his old arse. This is it. All the other times over the last five months Roy hasn't actually expected us to go on and win some games, so we haven't. Those games aren't important though, the 'run' starts here. He's expecting us to win and to climb that table!!

Once again, I must stress that this really absolutely 100% definitely won't come back and bite Roy on his big wobbly old jelly arse.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline WavertreeRed

• Anny Roader
  • Internet Terrorist, Detonating emails every 5 mins
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2010, 11:44:25 pm »
Oh my god, has it only been 6 months?

This.

ffs i was in a good mood till i read this :(
Will you please kindly refrain from all this rational common sense bollocks.

Someone has said something on a social networking site, so it must be true.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2010, 11:49:14 pm »
I want to know who exactly it was that hired him.

They need shooting more then Hodgson.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2010, 11:52:33 pm »
Nope he is only just starting to really piss me off, different levels of being pissed off.

Same as.

The longer he stays the more he pisses me off.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2010, 01:43:17 am »
'Well at least we did better than Celtic' after the 0-0 draw at Utretch

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2010, 02:06:45 am »
So you'll criticise players even though they are doing their best. You won't defend them , even when they are doing their best. Yet you defend the managers right to make these comments because 'he's doing his best'?

I criticise the manager too, I just thought starting a thread with the sole intention of taking the piss out of our manager was a little over the top.

As for 'defending himself against mass criticism'.
I'll ask you again but I'll try a different approach because you don't seem to be getting the point here.
When he started making these comments, which go back a long way......what criticism in the press conferences prompted these comments and statements?

I didn't highlight any particular criticism, I was merely pointing to the fact that he receives mass criticism and would naturally defend himself in the process. I did not say he has received criticism at a press conference. If he's clued up however then he surely realises that the supporters are far from happy. Moreover when things are going so badly for the team, it will obviously become apparent to the manager that the fans are annoyed, perhaps the poor run of results alone have prompted some of his comments.

I can't think of many that could have been prompted by comments from supporters forums. The comments from him regarding the protests. The comments regarding Benitez and Dalglish.

Surely you're not suggesting he comes into places like this and feels the need to respond via a relevant question (or not) by a journalist?

So I'm at a loss to understand where this mass criticism came from in July

I too do not think that any of his comments were directly prompted from what is said on internet forums.

No I was not suggessting that he comes onto this website and feels the need to respond to anything that is said in here. Everybody knows the pressure he is now under; journalists, members of the press and ex players are all aware of the fan's general unhappiness with him. I'd say it gets back to him one way or another.

As for July, I was not defending whatever it is he has said then. Furthermore I was not defending any of his comments about former managers. I did not once try to justify a quotation in this thread, I only suggested that some are probably a result of the criticism he receives or the pressure he is under; Saying Rafa has left him a poor squad etc.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2010, 02:07:58 am »
From the mirror

December 21, 2010

"I would plead for patience really," said the Liverpool boss. "Of course we want Liverpool to be the Liverpool of old. We want to be up there every year competing in the Champions League.

"But we might have to accept that it will take us more than a few months. That would be a small price to pay if you get it right. You only have to look at teams who have tried to stay in the league or get into the top four.

"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions. It's not because the owners haven't given money or supported the manager. It's just that they have brought in the wrong people

Just fuck off roy
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2010, 02:09:48 am »
"I would plead for patience really," said the Liverpool boss. "Of course we want Liverpool to be the Liverpool of old. We want to be up there every year competing in the Champions League.

"But we might have to accept that it will take us more than a few months. That would be a small price to pay if you get it right. You only have to look at teams who have tried to stay in the league or get into the top four.

Those are fair comments for me.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: December 21, 2010, 02:15:13 am »
From the mirror

December 21, 2010

"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions. It's not because the owners haven't given money or supported the manager. It's just that they have brought in the wrong people

Just fuck off roy

ummmmmm Roy - they sure have brought in the wrong person here.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2010, 02:15:32 am »
I know it wont happen but please to god let roy take the england job then will only this fraud be shown for being a shit manager. Do you reckon the english public would take his daily rubbish of how its the players fault its not his fault he cant beat the mighty moldova and cyprus.

That and his two deep banks of four and hit it long to the striker.

Offline kinofi

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2010, 02:16:02 am »
"Roy Hodgson says the current Liverpool squad cannot be seen to be his own until he is given the chance to further sculpt it in transfer windows to come."

I cannot believe what i am reading, at the rate we're going i wouldn't trust him with any transfer funds. He will probably get us a team of Koncheskey and Poulsen!

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2010, 02:17:36 am »
Disagree.

And imo your opinion is 100% correct.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2010, 02:33:33 am »
"Roy Hodgson says the current Liverpool squad cannot be seen to be his own until he is given the chance to further sculpt it in transfer windows to come."

For some reason, the thought of Roy sculpting anything brings to mind Hancocks efforts in The Rebel

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2010, 02:37:28 am »
i cant see how he can spout that shit of making his own squad, ffs he isnt going to be here much longer. I cant honestly think camolli and henry et al are going to let this idiot buy his player only to see them fail and have to rebuy and sell of his shit.

So why would he continue to talk up such waffle, only to say its not his fault the players are shit he didnt get em an covering his back. Roy doesnt want to build a squad he wants a get out strategy so when he is sacked he can blame the previous management for having a shit team.

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2010, 02:43:11 am »

Fantastic post, BHB. Thanks for putting that together.

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 21, 2010, 02:57:21 am »
Those are fair comments for me.

yeah. pretty fair and honest. just like

"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions. It's not because the owners haven't given money or supported the manager. It's just that they have brought in the wrong people" - Roy Hodgson (in the same report)

he knows the deal. he's the result of bad decisions. he is "the wrong people" along with the danish log and the journeyman from the south. when u made a mistake, own up and admit it. stop pushing the blame to others, the players, the previous manager, the fans, etc. he should know that he isn't up for the job. in reality if you anin't up for the job, you should leave, instead of wasting your employer's time and resources.

obviously, it's fair the say that he doesn't believe he is to be blamed for anything and that he believes that he is a champion of a manager, BUT it's these type of blindness and inability to realize that will cause the downfall of both himself and our club.

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle. - Sun Tzu

Roy hardly knows the game play anymore. he is one dimensional, just look at the way we have been playing. he doesn't know how to overcome the "enemies" aka opponent teams.

Roy hardly knows his own weaknesses.

And he is wondering why we are where we are. well, he is actually quite satisfied with where we are isn't he.  he is used to the current league standing. Just change the name, Liverpool to Fulham and it's just like the old days. He simply can't understand why are the fans unhappy with the situation.

we will carry on this rot until he is gone. how much will be destroyed before he is gone? it's anyone's guess but the ship is being dismantled at an exponential rate compared to the rate it was being built.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #277 on: December 21, 2010, 04:08:43 am »
At least Paragon's ridiculous comments made me laugh.

He's trying his best - oh, is he now? Maybe he could actually take a look at scout reports and tell Johnson and Konchesky to do something other than 'get forward'.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #278 on: December 21, 2010, 04:36:02 am »
Totally unaware Benitez banned Dalglish from Melwood.

Pathetic.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Cooper-Man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2010, 04:59:12 am »
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2010/12/21/2270695/it-will-take-more-than-a-few-months-for-liverpool-to-return?

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has warned that it will take some time for the club to reguarly compete in the Champions League again.

The Reds fell to seventh place in the Premier League and missed out on brushing shoulders with Europe's elite, and now the former Fulham boss believes that the absence could last longer than just one season.

"I would plead for patience really," Hodgson told reporters. "Of course we want Liverpool to be the Liverpool of old. We want to be up there every year competing in the Champions League.

"But we might have to accept that it will take us more than a few months. That would be a small price to pay if you get it right. You only have to look at teams who have tried to stay in the league or get into the top four."Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions. It's not because the owners haven't given money or supported the manager. It's just that they have brought in the wrong people."

Hodgson also retained a sense of cautiousness concerning the upcoming transfer window, and remained unwilling to put pressure on the club's owners to spend heavily.

"If the owners want to invest a lot of money, that's up to them," he said. "If we find the right players, I'm not going to be saying to them 'don't do it,'. I'm not that stupid. I want to work with the best players possible.

"But with the change that has gone on at the club and the new regime, it would be sensible for the new owners to be a bit more circumspect and get a closer look at everything.

"I don't think it would be a bad thing for us to keep testing out this squad of players.

"Before I start bringing players in, I've got to be aware that when I do, I will be pushing Shelvey or Kelly back. I've got to be convinced that the person coming in is the right one. That's the dilemma. When do we give the youngsters a chance?

"With that in mind, we have to be careful. My message to them would be - and it's no secret because I've had discussions with John [W Henry, the club's principal owner] about it - if the right players become available, and we really think they will push us on, we should go for them.

"We shouldn't hesitate if they feel they can do it. But I don't think we should be encouraging them to throw a lot of money at it straight away."

The ex-Fulham boss also admits that signing players to get rid of some others does not necessarily boil down to squad strengthening unless the incoming player performs well.

And he is willing to wait for his charges to display their strength as the season goes on, without making any rash moves on the market.

"Sometimes I'm frightened as a manager that I might get rid of a player who will be good for the club on the basis that there might be a name out there that looks a bit higher than the player you already have at the club," he said.

"When that player comes in and you work with them for two months, you realise that the name is great and it rings big bells but, in actual fact, he is no better than the player you let go. He [is] maybe even worse.

"I don't think this group of players will let the club down. I think they will play plenty of good matches between now and the end of the season.

"Whether we are going to start breaking into the top four or hitting the heights without some additions, I'm not prepared to say. I would like to keep my powder dry."

I cant believe what i have just read. We are a top 2 team. Forget what he thinks. 2 or 3 additions and we are top fucken 2. Best keeper, midfielder and striker in the world. We dont need seasons to get back into the top 4. We should do it this season. This guys negative and defensive comments are getting worse by the day. FFS. If he doesnt go by at least the end of this season we are in for tough times ahead. PLEASE LEAVE NOW
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:04:52 am by Cooper-Man »