Author Topic: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)  (Read 64970 times)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Re: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)
« Reply #920 on: December 21, 2016, 11:07:11 pm »
Feels like our Fulham away 13/14 moment. Last minute winner in a fought out game. Keeper goes off injured (funnily enough, Stekelenburg came on that night, went off on Monday) and the replacement ends up making a mistake leading to a goal. Thought the second half was outstanding all things considered. We had 75% possession I heard, they created fuck all, we had a few decent chances and we kept plugging away. It was a matter of time till they slipped up. First half wasn't great but we coped with their fast start, they got knackered and we started to impose ourselves after 30 mins. Shoutout to my boy Daniel Sturridge who made the difference, we just needed someone to have a shot all game. No one seems to shoot except Coutinho and Sturridge in the squad.

Stekelenberg didn't come on in that 13/14 game, he went off after a clash with Suarez. Stockdale came on after 76minutes with the score 2-2 and failed to stop Stevies penalty in stoppage time after Sturridge was upended by a Fulham defender.

A late winner in a hectic battle for three points in that title charge.

Never remembered that at the time on Monday night, but it was an omen that Sturridge would be involved in the winner.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: December 21, 2016, 11:32:58 pm »
Did somebody mention... Fulham...?

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #922 on: December 21, 2016, 11:36:04 pm »
Stekelenberg didn't come on in that 13/14 game, he went off after a clash with Suarez. Stockdale came on after 76minutes with the score 2-2 and failed to stop Stevies penalty in stoppage time after Sturridge was upended by a Fulham defender.

A late winner in a hectic battle for three points in that title charge.

Never remembered that at the time on Monday night, but it was an omen that Sturridge would be involved in the winner.
I remember that game very very well. Was watching on a shite stream. Cut out for Kolos OG and the audio stayed on. I absolutely lost it.

When it was 2-2 I was basically out in my garden having a meltdown only to be told wed got the winner.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #923 on: December 22, 2016, 01:07:39 am »
I remember that game very very well. Was watching on a shite stream. Cut out for Kolos OG and the audio stayed on. I absolutely lost it.

When it was 2-2 I was basically out in my garden having a meltdown only to be told wed got the winner.
did you miss the pass of the millennium by Gerrard for Dannys goal? if not look it up!
YNWA

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #924 on: December 22, 2016, 01:31:12 am »
did you miss the pass of the millennium by Gerrard for Dannys goal? if not look it up!
No mate, seen that much. Just couldn't deal with the end of it! I was resigned to a draw. Great win that was. Loved Stevies celebration when I seen it.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #925 on: December 22, 2016, 01:43:43 am »
Feels like our Fulham away 13/14 moment. Last minute winner in a fought out game. Keeper goes off injured (funnily enough, Stekelenburg came on that night, went off on Monday) and the replacement ends up making a mistake leading to a goal. Thought the second half was outstanding all things considered. We had 75% possession I heard, they created fuck all, we had a few decent chances and we kept plugging away. It was a matter of time till they slipped up. First half wasn't great but we coped with their fast start, they got knackered and we started to impose ourselves after 30 mins. Shoutout to my boy Daniel Sturridge who made the difference, we just needed someone to have a shot all game. No one seems to shoot except Coutinho and Sturridge in the squad.

Also felt like our Fulham 08/09 moment with Benayoun scoring late on.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #926 on: December 22, 2016, 03:15:17 am »
Also felt like our Fulham 08/09 moment with Benayoun scoring late on.

Of course, we fell short of the title in both of those years.

Fortunately Fulham is no longer in the same league this year, so the title is as good as ours.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:25:55 am by Redcap »

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #927 on: December 22, 2016, 03:58:53 am »
No mate, seen that much. Just couldn't deal with the end of it! I was resigned to a draw. Great win that was. Loved Stevies celebration when I seen it.
Now, that was a celebration.

When something similar happens this season don't switch off..... Believe brother
YNWA

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #928 on: December 22, 2016, 04:06:19 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OCIMSc8irN0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OCIMSc8irN0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #929 on: December 22, 2016, 05:30:02 am »
Still singing the Manè song in the shower this morning!

Thank god Coitinho should be back to full fitness when he is on international duty.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: December 22, 2016, 07:20:01 am »
This kind of dominance over Everton must be unprecedented (probably exaggeration) but 20 unbeaten derbies. You won't get that in the manc derby or Tyne & wear. Even when I look at the seasons Everton have finished above us I think they can score a few points over us with that they can't because those seasons we have tended to win a trophy. Fucking brilliant.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: December 22, 2016, 03:58:57 pm »
This kind of dominance over Everton must be unprecedented (probably exaggeration) but 20 unbeaten derbies. You won't get that in the manc derby or Tyne & wear. Even when I look at the seasons Everton have finished above us I think they can score a few points over us with that they can't because those seasons we have tended to win a trophy. Fucking brilliant.

20?  Just checked the stats and the last time they beat us was 17 October 2010 under Hodgson.  That's one victory over us in 14 games over more than six years.  We've won six and drawn seven in that period.

To look at it the other way, Everton's record is rather grim reading:

2 wins in the last 17
3 in 24
4 in 28
5 in 38 - being 27 September 1999, the last time they beat us at Anfield

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merseyside_derby#Full_list_of_results
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #932 on: December 22, 2016, 07:10:02 pm »
Of course, we fell short of the title in both of those years.

Fortunately Fulham is no longer in the same league this year, so the title is as good as ours.

And this is December not February/April - too late by then. We won 11 games in a row and still couldn't win the league, pretty harsh. I think we're one point ahead of where we were in 13/14, we lost both games after Christmas to City and Chelsea too so we had 19 games, 36 points. Arsenal were top on 42 points I think (which is what Chelsea are on now). Hopefully we can win the next two and we'll be in a strong position - Chelsea at Anfield could be pivotal.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:12:22 pm by Lazar »

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #933 on: December 22, 2016, 07:20:02 pm »
20?  Just checked the stats and the last time they beat us was 17 October 2010 under Hodgson.  That's one victory over us in 14 games over more than six years.  We've won six and drawn seven in that period.

To look at it the other way, Everton's record is rather grim reading:

2 wins in the last 17
3 in 24
4 in 28
5 in 38 - being 27 September 1999, the last time they beat us at Anfield

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merseyside_derby#Full_list_of_results
That was during the 20th century! ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #934 on: December 22, 2016, 07:49:41 pm »
Absolutely delighted that we won  :scarf
Two blues in work were giving it loads before the match, about how they were 'back' after the Arsenal game.
Gave them my mobile number and told them to give me loads of stick after the game... Haven't heard a peep for some reason  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: December 22, 2016, 08:41:51 pm »

We went 7 years and 15 games unbeaten in the 70's. You'd think they'd won the league the day Andy King scored the only goal in 78.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: December 22, 2016, 09:23:10 pm »
Yeh thought I'd exaggerated a bit but it's getting longer and longer and I can't see them having much luck at Anfiekd  ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: December 22, 2016, 09:48:05 pm »
This was a sweet, sweet victory.
I keep remembering it and giggling to myself.

Poor Everton.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #938 on: December 22, 2016, 09:50:19 pm »
We went 7 years and 15 games unbeaten in the 70's. You'd think they'd won the league the day Andy King scored the only goal in 78.
3 Popes
3 presidents of the USA
3 archbishops of Canterbury
In between wins.
We were out in town that night and there were drunken blues collapsed everywhere by 7.30. Ahhh Bless
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."