Author Topic: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)  (Read 65223 times)

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Re: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)
« Reply #800 on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:47 am »
A perfect compliment to their fans then!  ;D
Too true mate

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Offline EnfieldRed

• Main Stander
  • Where's the beef?
« Reply #802 on: December 20, 2016, 10:58:49 am »
Cork Evertonian
Player Valuation: £500k
I sense a late winner here.Hopefully it will be for us.I really hate derbies.
Yesterday at 9:19 PM

The force is strong in this one!

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #803 on: December 20, 2016, 11:05:51 am »
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #804 on: December 20, 2016, 11:09:07 am »
Love that their fans are moaning about 8 minutes injury time and asking where Dean got it from. Um that would be your own player injuring your keeper who after about 3 minutes could tell he couldn't carry on but decided to drag it on for longer. Then also the tackle from Barkley also held the game up for about another 3 to 4 mins.

Not to mention we scored on 94 anyway not 98. It's just moaning for moaning sake, expect nothing less from them lot the bitter melts.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #805 on: December 20, 2016, 11:15:05 am »
The Boys of the K.O.P. choir
Were singing Sadio Mane
And The Boos Were Ringing Out
On Derby Day!
We are Liverpool!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #806 on: December 20, 2016, 11:15:35 am »
Felt like we Rope a doped them like Ali did to Foreman. They gave their all in the first half and were out on their feet and we pounced.

ONE NIL!!!!

(Any excuse to use a pic my fave moment in sporting history!)
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #807 on: December 20, 2016, 11:30:34 am »
Is there a more satisfiying way to win a derby? Flares onto the pitch, ecstasy whilst blues hold their heads in their hands...... the best Christmas present ever haha!

Two things, throw some salt on that slug Gareth Barry - he moves slower than one!

Ross Barkley - tut tut tut, naughty challenge that.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: December 20, 2016, 11:54:47 am »
What an absolutely huge night:

- A crucial three points in terms of challenging for the title
- A last gasp winner away from home against your closest rivals.
- A second clean sheet on the bounce
- Missing (arguably) our best player
- Missing our (arguably) best Centre Half.
- All achieved in a truly hostile environment.

I thought Gini Wijnaldum was absolutely superb last night. In those first 20/30 minutes, under some really, really intense pressure - he was an absolute boss. Calm, brilliant control and touch, patient, hard as nails, energetic. He, for me, was a huge reason for us wrestling control of the game in the first half. Henderson I thought had a poor first 20 minutes in contrast, touches and passes astray, looked a little *off* (wanted to say nervous, but not convinced it was nerves). After that though, he grew and grew and was, alongside Gini, a dominant force. Truly becoming a proper leader of men, and a very good player.

Pre-match, Neville was tearing into our defence/goalkeeper. I remember him calling our 6-8th positions on that graphic "horrendous", which was a bit rich, considering those positions quite literally are average. Anyway - the narrative was set. This Liverpool is weak, their centre is soft etc etc. Christ, you even hear our own 'supporters' parrot this back all the time. Well, last night was a big fuck you to those people. Klavan lost a couple of headers to Lukaku and then made a crucial intervention from a cross (that Neville glossed over at half time - didn't fit the narrative that). By full time, he was eating his words, the tiny ratty fuck wit. Lovren and Klavan were excellent. For me, Klavan is genuinely knocking on the door to partner Matip. I think he's very strong on the ball, as well as defensively sound. That's not a criticism of Lovren - what a turn-around of his Liverpool career he's had.

Listening to Klopp in his post match was interesting - he mentioned how in the first half our first touches/positions etc meant we were closing passing options down for ourselves. I think it's clear the players adapted after half time - as mentioned above, Klavan was very good on the ball second half, we took our time, and showed assuredness with our passing and touches.

The subs surprised me. Not the Sturridge one, that had to happen - Divock was ok, but had one of those nights where he disappears for periods of time, I'm also not a fan of him appearing on the right wing, crossing it in to Mane/Bobby. I don't mind him drifting left as he can cut inside and unleash a shot, but it feels like his time on the right flank weakens our attack. It was the Lallana for Can sub - Lallana wasn't at his peak, but he still looked like the best player on the park in patches. Anyway - regardless - can made a crucial intervention on Lukaku so I'll ignore the couple of atrocious passes that halted our momentum/attacks.

Mignolet fills me with confidence more than he ever has done in a Liverpool shirt. And this is from someone who was advocating a shotgun to the face for him during last season. Karius may be long term, but he's got a genuine fight on for that shirt now. All the better for us.

This Liverpool group is here to stay. We're a proper team. That's away games at Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton where we've closed out victories by a single goal now. We've battered the shit teams, and we've dropped some silly points while rescuing some others. It's early in the process of this team's development still and these common experiences (to the group - manager, players, subs, fans) will be crucial - along with those already forming a base of our mentality - Dortmund, for example.

6 points off the top at Christmas. The team on top has won 11 on the bounce. They won't forever. They'll drop points. Let's ignore Chelsea. Let's come together as a collective. Let's ignore the bedwetters, pansies and pussies. FUCK THEM. no quotes, no arguments. Just add em to your ignore list and keep spreading the joy. Sing the songs, chant a players name rather than shouting in frustration. Change our own mentalities. The team are changing theirs.

Up the mighty fucking Redmen.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #809 on: December 20, 2016, 11:58:56 am »
Thought this was awesome, shows the togetherness.

it does, it's great! It's like Emre Can is pushing them into Dejan's arms  ;D

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #810 on: December 20, 2016, 12:03:03 pm »
hahahahah fucking bitters. Merry christmas  ;D
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #811 on: December 20, 2016, 12:04:51 pm »
it does, it's great! It's like Emre Can is pushing them into Dejan's arms  ;D

They might not be scousers, but they GET what these games mean to the fans. That's so important when you play for a club the size and stature of Liverpool FC.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #812 on: December 20, 2016, 12:10:39 pm »
We are now looking like the closest thing this league has to Fergie's United. The best "team", best morale and spirit, most demanding and intense manager, getting everything out of a squad that isn't the very best.

If Chelsea are going to win it then they need to be as emphatic as each and every time they've won it before.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: December 20, 2016, 12:39:17 pm »
Played 7 at home and 10 away games, to be 2nd is magnificent.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: December 20, 2016, 12:47:05 pm »
Anyone posted this yet

Just beautiful  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #815 on: December 20, 2016, 12:51:01 pm »
It is not good to be this hungover on a Tuesday. Worth it though.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #816 on: December 20, 2016, 12:52:39 pm »
Best way to win.

Christmas Day with a load of bluenoses will be fun.  ;D

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #817 on: December 20, 2016, 12:56:04 pm »
match thread is 153 pages and counting over on GOT

Can you imagine how many pages it would be if they actually won (rather than the moral 'winning without winning' victory) ;)

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: December 20, 2016, 01:00:31 pm »
Anyone else think Mane probably picked up a minor concussion last night?  His head snapped back and then hit the ground hard in rapid succession.  He was seeing stars when got up for sure.
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #819 on: December 20, 2016, 01:10:28 pm »
;D ;D just to make sure you read my post. Hahaha.
They looked alike anyway (Yakubu and Lukaku) and played similar shitty football too.

What year do you think it is lad?!  ;D

Morning!

There's honestly both greater high thank last minute winner away to a big rival is there?!
Decent effort at Sabu Pundit but not there yet!   ;)

;D
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: December 20, 2016, 01:23:58 pm »
Anyone else think Mane probably picked up a minor concussion last night?  His head snapped back and then hit the ground hard in rapid succession.  He was seeing stars when got up for sure.

Oh, definitely a very good possibility.  He was out of it for a few minutes right after that happened. 

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #821 on: December 20, 2016, 01:31:28 pm »
Absolutely magical result. I can't remember a more satisfying victory over this petty, small minded, prehistoric club. It was very difficult for us to play our natural game because they were so poor and doing the usual Blueshite hard act for half an hour. This talk about how they were great in the first half is hilarious. It was vintage Everton. All huff and no puff. They ran themselves out and then put in one of the most abysmal second half performances I have ever witnessed. Barkley and Lukaku were embarrassments. As for us, we showed great strength of character to overcome the wall of hatred and bully boy tactics. I thought we were solid if unspectacular in the first half thanks to superb performances from Klavan and Lovren. Think we struggled going forward sometimes due to Origi being a bit out of position but nothing to be concerned about. The midfield trio did really well at retaining possession in what was a frenetic game at times. Wijnaldum really is showing his worth while Lallana and Henderson are two players England should be proud of. Mane was a menace all game and that showed in Everton's continued efforts to chop him in two. The goal was a sweet moment for Sturridge. Showed great strikers instinct to spot the gap and really deserved the goal. Simply excellent Christmas present. Klopp bringing us a victory at Goodison for the first time in too long. LIVERPOOL IS RED. ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #822 on: December 20, 2016, 01:32:04 pm »

He looked like me after several pints of Strongbow when he got up initially. 

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: December 20, 2016, 01:32:53 pm »
Yes, and at the end there he seemed to be indicating that to Origi.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #824 on: December 20, 2016, 01:34:12 pm »
Ow, my head. Definitely got too carried away for a Monday night. Worth it.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #825 on: December 20, 2016, 01:47:36 pm »
He gave me minor concussion when he scored I can tell you that
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: December 20, 2016, 01:54:29 pm »
They were so close to beating us 0-0 and then Mane pops up to confirm our utter dominance.

With five minutes to go they would have been planning the DVD release......where's the 0-0 derby dvd money Bill?

Lovely way to win, fully deserved and Barkley should be arrested for assault.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #827 on: December 20, 2016, 01:56:36 pm »
The Boys of the K.O.P. choir
Were singing Sadio Mane
And The Boos Were Ringing Out
On Derby Day!

Did this get sung  ;D

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: December 20, 2016, 01:59:22 pm »
A draw would have been a win for them. Just shows how shite they are. Happy christmas and 21st ev... here's to another 21

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #829 on: December 20, 2016, 02:06:31 pm »
I can't remember a more satisfying victory over this petty, small minded, prehistoric club.
Gary Macca, Gary Gary Macca... they're all satisfying, but last night was fucking awesome.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: December 20, 2016, 02:07:28 pm »

The lad is made of rubber. Took a beating all night but just kept getting back up - that head snap was horrible to watch in replay, could've done serious neck damage. Surprised they didn't stop it and check for concussion!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: December 20, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »
It is not good to be this hungover on a Tuesday. Worth it though.

It's very good. I'll be having a cure in approximately 78 minutes.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: December 20, 2016, 02:13:58 pm »
jesus christ its only Tuesday?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: December 20, 2016, 02:17:16 pm »
jesus christ its only Tuesday?

It's nearly Jesus' birthday.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: December 20, 2016, 02:28:11 pm »
Any images of the birthday card opened up?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #835 on: December 20, 2016, 02:34:00 pm »
Just seen the Barkley tackle again on the replay & Koeman is looking right at it, no excuse that he didn't see it. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #836 on: December 20, 2016, 02:43:46 pm »
That was filthy and glorious!

Just about getting the win last night, getting 3 points with all that pressure, but not a better way to do it than that.

Said to my Husband after 20 minutes that we just need to keep it tight until half-time because some of them looked exhausted at that point, and I'm sure they had the majority of the ball. They would run themselves into the ground and there's not a game that goes by that we don't put some good football together, and we need to take our chances from that. Didn't think they wouldn't show up in the second half. I did think that we would create a bit more but we were patient and had confidence to pen them in and keep circulating the ball, assuming a mistake would show from them.

Lovely stuff!

Delighted for that scruffy c*nt Barkley especially.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #837 on: December 20, 2016, 02:46:11 pm »

fourfourtwo

Christmas Quiz: Who was the home team?  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #838 on: December 20, 2016, 02:56:38 pm »
Watching the game again you can see the atmosphere drain from the bitters when Mane scored the winner. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: December 20, 2016, 03:02:13 pm »
Amazing how on Tuesday, he mocks Wenger for blaming the ref. Then, yesterday evening, does the exact same. Blames extra time, Lovren, everything.