Author Topic: Match Preview: Liverpool FC v Swansea City. Sunday 29th Nov. 16:15  (Read 35659 times)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Match Preview
- -v- -

Liverpool FC v Swansea City

Anfield
Sunday 29th November 2015
16:15 GMT

Match not broadcast live on UK TV, so if you haven't got a ticket, you'll have to find it on the internet. Mercy!

It all seems so long ago, when a plucky and newly promoted Swansea side came to Anfield and gave us an unexpected contest.
They played with zip and flair, the Welsh Barcelona, with extraordinary performances somehow eeked out from journeymen like Leon Brittan, who went from a player unable to find a club to the most successful passer in Europe's top flight leagues.
We were stunned by how elegant, how stylish, how clinical and effective they were. We swooned a little.

Then we nicked their manager, one of their star midfielders and laughed callously as they told us Michu was better than Suarez.
There's no room for sentiment in football.

And now we prepare for the first post-Brendan Rodgers meeting between the two clubs that have defined his career to date. And both sets of fans will be thinking "Brendan who?" Again, no sentiment here, we've moved on, Brendan, it wasn't to be. It wasn't you, it was us.
Well, it was partly you. And here we are, both of your exes, ready to party like you were never in the room.

Let's not turn this into a Rodgers slagfest, is what I'm saying. Onwards and upwards. Everything must go.

While Europa League progression was assured with a victory over Bordeaux, we're back into the action of the Premier League and The Reds go into this fixture on the back of our best league performance, and best result, since that heady spring when we came so close to the title.

We battered Manchester City in their own back yard, and we did it with swagger and poise. We just wanted it more.

The Kloppeffeckt, just be hungrier than them, just be quicker to the ball than them, if nothing else, it makes us look competitive, interested, arsed.

Seeing Lucas go in hard, play his dirty, dirty game with his angel faced expression of innocence, butter wouldn't melt in the Brazilian's mouth as he turns to the ref in surprise. Emre Can unleashed. Like Prometheus, once bound to the back line, now freed to bring us the gift of fire and some lovely touches on the edge of the box.

It's safe to say we're in a new era now, we're at the start of something different. This ancient club, this glorious and historic institution, often criticised for living in the past, to which we say "if your past was like ours, you'd do the same" but now we look forwards, to a side that plays with fire in its belly and a twinkle in its eye.

Seeing Klopp hug players as they leave the field, I pointed out to my mate that Jurgen is basically the coolest dad in the world.

Look at Adam Lallana's happy, peaceful face and tell me you wouldn't do anything just for a hug from this guy.

Ahh. That's the stuff. Everything is ok. Life is good.

And this week, we learned that Herr Klopp is taking Scouse lessons from a local nine-year old.
How great is that? There is a very good chance that our manager will go into a press conference one day soon and announce that the squad is dead sound, Coutinho is boss and that yer ma does dockers round the back of the Kwikie. Yes, my friends, that day is coming.

But what if we can't do it at home? What if teams come and park the bus? What if we play a side that didn't blow £40m+ on Mangala and instead crowd the area?

Valid questions, and we'll do well to answer them over the next few months.

But for now, we're playing Swansea. And while maybe they don't quite look like the Welsh Barcelona any more, Garry Monk is not a man to put ten men behind the ball.
A student of Klopp himself, like his illustrious predecessors Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers and Laudrup, Monk believes in movement, passing at pace, and pressing high up the field.
He sometimes switches from the now traditional Swansea 4-3-3 to a more defensive set up away from home against the bigger teams, and after watching us last weekend, it's a safe bet that we'll see a slightly more safety-minded approach from the Swans here.

It's been a tough season for the Welshmen, just one win on English soil in the Premier League, courtesy of a 2-1 win at bottom club Aston Villa last month, which was also their only win of any kind in any competition since August. They have, however notched up credible draws with Chelsea, Everton and Tottenham and even beat Manchester United 2-1 early in the season.
They find themselves above the Champions Chelsea on goal difference, in 14th place. The pressure is on for Monk, and although any points gained at Anfield would usually be seen as a bonus for Swansea City, the 36 year old manager will be keen to prove a point.

When stories are regularly appearing that the players are behind a manager, it is often a bad sign.

The Swansea board, who reportedly met to discuss Monk's tenure earlier this week, have shown a lot of football sense in recent years, and it's to be hoped that Monk is given the time to get the best out of what is still one of the less expensive squads in the Premier League.

Their record signing is still £12m Wilfried Bony, who left for Manchester City for £28m after just 54 appearances and 25 goals for the Swans. Last summer saw the £5m arrival of former Portugal U21 star Eder from Braga, who has yet to score in eleven appearances for the Welsh side.
More successful so far is the signing of Andre Ayew, the Ghanain international, who has scored six goals in 13 Swansea appearances.

Juxtaposed with U?
Familiar faces:
With Lucas in great form and Milner and Can playing well in midfield, it's hard to see more than a cameo for the Welsh Xavi, who arrived from Swansea shortly after Brendan Rodgers promised not to sign any Swansea players. Awkward. While he doesn't quite have Lucas' bite, Jose Allenso has certainly proved himself a useful member of the Liverpool squad in a reds career punctuated by injury.
He's a player who you always feel the best is yet to come from, and when he plays at his best, you barely notice him, but he ticks things over well.

Local boy in the photograph, Joe Allen.

Jonjo Shelvey arrived at Liverpool amid much optimism that he could be a future great for England and Liverpool. It wasn't to be and he was shipped out when he decided he wanted regular games. Liverpool's loss was Swansea's gain, and he has become a vital piece of their machinery. His greatest weakness is inconsistency, but on his day he can score against anyone. Even his own team. Shelvey's goalscoring record in this fixture will be a future pub-quiz staple, and don't bet against him having some decisive influence - at either end - on Sunday.

He is Swansea's resident bad boy, with five yellows collected this term. Will he have a nice day?

Close calls:
Rodgers also tried to sign Gylfi Siggurdson from Swansea, but for some reason the Icelander thought Spurs was a more attractive destination.
Deservedly and hilariously, the move was a failure and he returned to South Wales with his tail between his legs after not very long.
We were also linked with Bafetimbi Gomis at one point, bringing about a popular and enduring RAWK injoke that I'm not going to try to explain. You had to be there.

Links from the past:
Enough has been said in the last couple of months about Brendan Rodgers, who of course took Liverpool to an exhilarating second place and brought Swansea up to the Premier League after taking the reigns from Paulo Sousa. (Sousa was in the job for a year, although for some reason many prefer to believe that he wasn't. It's very odd. A case for Mulder and Scully.)

Roy Evans once expressed admiration for Sousa, but in those days it was unheard of for top players to leave Serie A for the Premier League.

But Rodgers is not the only former Swans boss with connections to Anfield.

Jan Molby was the original deep-lying playmaker, he was Alonso before Alonso was Alonso. Able to pass a ball with astonishing pace and accuracy, and a striker of dead balls that seemed to almost reek of witchcraft, his penalty record eventually fell to Steven Gerrard. His only weakness was his lack of movement.
Leaving Liverpool after falling out of popularity under Graeme Souness, who actually forgot Jan was still in his squad at one point, and rarely featuring under Roy Evans, Molby took over as player-manager of Division Three Swansea in 1996, the first of two Danes to manage the club.

Swans fans have fond memories of Molby bringing himself off the bench to score world class free kicks, and then subbing himself back off again.

After further spells in management at Kidderminster Harriers and Hull City, Molby turned to his current job of being catty about various Liverpool players and managers for money. The man don't give a fuck.

Swansea City

Last Five:

Swansea 2-2 Bournemouth   Sat 21 Nov

Norwich 1-0 Swansea   Sat 7 Nov

Swansea 0-3 Arsenal   Sat 31 Oct    

Ast Vla 1-2 Swansea   Sat 24 Oct

Swansea 0-1 Stoke   Mon 19 Oct

Last 10 League Form: W L D L D L W L L D

Liverpool and Swansea have met just twenty eight times over the years, (mostly in the old Division 2 during a spell from the mid 1950s to the early 1960s), with the Reds winning half of those fixtures and the remainder split evenly between Swansea wins and draws.

Swansea have never won a league match at Anfield in fourteen attempts, although they won a League cup tie 3-1 in 2012 and an FA Cup match in 1964. The green, green grass of home could be our greatest weapon here.

Recent Premier League head to heads:

16.03.2015    Swansea City    0-1   Liverpool

29.12.2014    Liverpool    4-1   Swansea City

23.02.2014    Liverpool    4-3   Swansea City

16.09.2013    Swansea City    2-2   Liverpool

17.02.2013    Liverpool    5-0   Swansea City

25.11.2012    Swansea City    0-0   Liverpool

13.05.2012    Swansea City    1-0   Liverpool

05.11.2011    Liverpool    0-0   Swansea City

Game on.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
Re: Match Preview: Liverpool FC v Swansea City. Sunday 29th Nov. 16:15
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:40:27 pm »
3 points would be nice.

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 10:52:46 pm »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 11:06:35 pm »
Seeing Lucas go in hard, play his dirty, dirty game with his angel faced expression of innocence, butter wouldn't melt in the Brazilian's mouth as he turns to the ref in surprise.
A wonderful preview mate, I particularly liked the above line! You've got a great way with words my friend! :wave

Sunday can't come quick enough, a shame neither Lucas nor Sturridge will be taking part.....

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »
A wonderful preview mate, I particularly liked the above line! You've got a great way with words my friend! :wave

Sunday can't come quick enough, a shame neither Lucas nor Sturridge will be taking part.....

Forgot Lucas was suspended for this match. We are going to need a big game from little Joe Allen
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 01:11:08 am »
Is Hendo going to make this? Can-Allan midfield two worries me slightly. Hope we're clinical for a change.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 01:16:43 am »
Is Hendo going to make this? Can-Allan midfield two worries me slightly. Hope we're clinical for a change.

I doubt there will be 2 in midfield without somebody like Lucas. It'll be a 4-3-3.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 01:22:06 am »
I doubt there will be 2 in midfield without somebody like Lucas. It'll be a 4-3-3.

Yeah, most likely Milner will play deeper I expect. Too soon for Hendo, I think.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 03:12:21 am »
Think Jonjo is suspended for this one.

Fantastic preview Nessy. These have been really great lately. Thanks for doing it to yourself and the others.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 03:15:15 am »
Shelvy suspended for this .

Also then won like 1 in their last ten games that was against Villa .So on an awful run should be pretty low on confidence as well

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 03:17:54 am »
The fact that it is a home game makes it more difficult for us :p

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 09:41:49 am »
Think this game will be a nice win. We'll press like fuck and Swansea won't know what's hit them

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 09:42:59 am »
'Careful now, that swan can break your arm' :lmao nice Biscuit reference...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 10:28:23 am »
Is Hendo going to make this?
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-training-gallery-henderson-10503202
Captain Jordan Henderson stepped up his rehabilitation as Liverpool prepared for Thursday’s Europa League clash with Bordeaux.

The Reds’ midfielder took part in Wednesday afternoon’s session with his team-mates at Melwood as he closes in on a return to action after three months out.

Henderson hasn’t featured since the win over Bournemouth in mid-August having been hampered by a heel injury before breaking a bone in his foot when he returned to training in September.

He was finally given the green light to rejoin the squad for full training at Melwood last Friday but Liverpool are determined to tread carefully considering the length of time he’s been out.

Henderson is still sitting out the high intensity parts of certain sessions as he builds up his fitness.

Boss Jurgen Klopp is reluctant to put a time frame on his skipper’s return to action but Sunday’s Premier League clash with Swansea City is likely to come too soon for him.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 10:31:19 am »
Shelvy suspended for this .

That's a relief. Always raises his game for us.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 10:59:06 am »
excellent preview firstly!

Looking forward to this game. I can see a case of using a front 3 of Lallana, Firmino & Coutinho and scare them rather than use Benteke... but then again you can see Benteke being a threat to them as well...

fook knows really what will happen, hoping for another Can backheel spectacular, someone juggling the ball over Ashley Williams and making him fall flat on his arse, and some goals would do very nicely indeed...

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 11:44:28 am »
Think Jonjo is suspended for this one.

Fantastic preview Nessy. These have been really great lately. Thanks for doing it to yourself and the others.

Doing what to myself and others?

You're welcome.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 12:01:10 pm »
Doing what to myself and others?
I think the least we know about that, the better! ::) ;D :wave

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 12:12:59 pm »
Awesome OP Nessy. A very enjoyable read filled with snippets of humour, love it! :D

Hope we play the following team:

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel  Lovren Moreno
           Allen   Can
  Milner  Lallana  Coutinho
             Firmino

Bench: Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Brannagan, Teixeira, Ibe, Benteke

Injured: Sakho, Gomez, Flanagan, Enrique, Rossiter, Henderson, Ings, Sturridge
Not selected: Smith, Chirivella, Sinclair, Origi

Hopefully Henderson, Rossiter, and/or Sturridge are fit enough to be involved in some capacity. Would be nice to see Teixeira get a cameo too.

- Allen was good against Bordeaux and was subbed on 65mins so should still be pretty fresh for Sunday.
- Lallana, Skrtel, Can, and  Coutinho come back into the team after being rested.
- Milner played 90 mins but is super fit and should start again unless Henderson returns (which is doubtful except off the bench first). Milner might take Allen's role too if Sturridge or Benteke are fit to start.
- Firmino was subbed on 70 mins and provides more energy than Benteke.
- Benteke played 90 mins and was rusty on Sunday last time he played Thursday-Sunday against Kazan and Palace, so I'd prefer having him fresh off the bench in the second half.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:16:53 pm by rickardinho1 »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 12:59:02 pm »
Is coutinho deffo fit for Sunday ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 01:11:25 pm »
Is coutinho deffo fit for Sunday ?

Not sure. Klopp' PC now so we will find out.

I wouldn't risk him anyway. I would have him on the bench.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 01:12:36 pm »
Can see this being a scrappy encounter as our home form currently has no idetntity.

1 - 0 Benteke.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 01:13:03 pm »
Klopp: "I don't know yet of Benteke can play two games in three days."

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 01:14:31 pm »
Liverpool FC ‏@LFC  38 secs38 seconds ago
Jürgen: "Joe Allen yesterday, it was very important that he could play 60 minutes, very good minutes. We took him off for Swansea." #LFC

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 01:20:48 pm »
Klopp: "I don't know yet of Benteke can play two games in three days."

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC  38 secs38 seconds ago
Jürgen: "Joe Allen yesterday, it was very important that he could play 60 minutes, very good minutes. We took him off for Swansea." #LFC

Firmino up front then

Allen in for Lucas.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 01:20:53 pm »
ah the old home bankers coming up...usually end up messing them up and struggling to draws and odd defeat, makes your season these type of games

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 01:23:15 pm »
excellent as always nessy

good to know Jonjo is suspended. He always turns up against us. Ayew and Gomis are strong lads. We should be wary.

Likely Allen to take over lucas role. Maybe we will get to see Hendo in the last 10-15 mins.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 01:30:10 pm »
If Benteke is rotated and Coutinho is not fit does it mean Ibe starts alongside Milner and Lallana behind Firmino.

I would prefer Texeira (sp?) to get a start

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »
Making the long trip north for this one with my lad.  We're both very excited, hoping to see Hendo play some part and gutted now that we probably won't see Sturridge.  COME ON RED MEN!
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 02:34:08 pm »
excellent as always nessy

good to know Jonjo is suspended. He always turns up against us. Ayew and Gomis are strong lads. We should be wary.

Likely Allen to take over lucas role. Maybe we will get to see Hendo in the last 10-15 mins.

I think it's more likely Can will play the holding role and Allen will play ahead of him with Milner.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »
Making the long trip north for this one with my lad.  We're both very excited, hoping to see Hendo play some part and gutted now that we probably won't see Sturridge.  COME ON RED MEN!

You sound like a hobbit.

Use a car.

:P
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 03:00:43 pm »
Think a few might take this result for granted; made the same mistake with the Palace game.  Swansea's abysmal away record versus our less than illustrious home record - which shall prevail?

Think we have some goals in us for this game at least, but can we keep Swansea out?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:30:42 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2015, 03:01:43 pm »
We'll twat them.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2015, 03:06:16 pm »
It was interesting how the style of play changed with Ibe and Benteke in the team.
Against City you had Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana in a narrow front 3 which allowed those angled runs in behind with the fullbacks providing the width.
Yesterday Ibe hugged the touchline and we tried to cross the ball more to Benteke and it wasn't as threatening although the start of the 2nd half was much
better. So was this by design or does Ibe naturally want to hold the touchline?? with Benteke as the focal point i suppose you have to play differently and he needs crossed
balls but id like to see Ibe develop into a player that can play closer to the goal and provide that link up play like Lallana, Coutinho.and Firmino.

The home games seem the ideal ones to play Benteke, with the opposition likely to sit deeper his presence could be useful and his  ability in the air is something we should
be able to use more against teams that sit deep and give us those crossing opportunities.

Assuming Coutinho is ready id go with something like...

..............................Mignolet...................................

Clyne...........Skrtel.................Lovren...........Moreno

...............................Allen...................................

..................Milner...............Can............................

.........Firmino........Benteke.........Coutinho.....................

With Firmino and Coutinho narrow like the City game and close to Benteke. and the fullbacks providing the width.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2015, 03:11:15 pm »
Good test for us. Need to win at least 4 of the next 6 I think to rocket up the league. Third of the season gone. Time to make our move.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2015, 03:12:23 pm »
If we've any sort of top 4 aspirations, we need this game to kick start a run of positive home results.  Should be a win but we'll not make it easy for ourselves!

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 03:14:41 pm »
They have been poor for a while now. Should be making these sort of games routine at home.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2015, 03:18:12 pm »
Assuming Coutinho is ready id go with something like...

..............................Mignolet...................................

Clyne...........Skrtel.................Lovren...........Moreno

...............................Allen...................................

..................Milner...............Can............................

.........Firmino........Benteke.........Coutinho.....................

I'd go with that.  Although Allen in that role worries the shit out of me, but I guess we don't have anyone else.

Moreno and Lovren also scare me, but again - we have no one else really.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2015, 03:38:41 pm »
I'd go with that.  Although Allen in that role worries the shit out of me, but I guess we don't have anyone else.

Moreno and Lovren also scare me, but again - we have no one else really.

could switch Allen and Can around if you wanted more of a physical presence in front of the back 4

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2015, 03:41:34 pm »
could switch Allen and Can around if you wanted more of a physical presence in front of the back 4

Yeah, but is Can disciplined enough for that role?  Not sure.

Allen has the discipline, but lacks the physique.  Can has the physique, but maybe lacks the discipline.
@LFC4LIFENET