Author Topic: Leicester City Vs Liverpool, Pre Match Thread, 27/2/17 20:00  (Read 52461 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool, Pre Match Thread, 27/2/17 20:00
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2017, 09:56:51 pm »
They looked absolutely terrible tonight - just a mess in midfield and at the back

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2017, 10:04:25 pm »
Dreadful team, should be no excuses come Monday evening.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2017, 10:04:28 pm »
Couldn't get behind them last year in the same way I just can't get behind Mark Selby in the snooker.  Tried like, but Robert Huth, Danny Simpson, THE TINKERMAN etc. It was all just so bland.

Let's hammer some giant red nails.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:06:01 pm by Chip Evans »

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »
Good result for us in many ways ......Most importantly a reminder that if we give a January performance like the one at Hull , they could quite easily turn us over .......no doubt Klopp will be reminding the players of that

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2017, 10:09:36 pm »
if we give a January performance like the one at Hull , they could quite easily turn us over .......no doubt Klopp will be reminding the players of that

I think we've gotten that out of our system, mostly. Of course there is a danger, but I can't see us letting Leicester have as much of a chance as we gave Hull.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2017, 10:33:11 pm »
They were pretty woeful tonight and lucky to still be in the tie. The way Bt pundits were going on was as if they had won 2-1 at Sevilla. Hoping our long wait for a game has us fresh and quick out the traps and really take the game to them like we did Spurs. Will be shocked if Ranieri tries to play an open game as we'll hammer them but they are in desperate need of the points so heres hoping we can exploit that.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2017, 10:43:48 pm »
For some reason I've got a cricket score in the back of my head - shit did I just post this?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2017, 10:49:10 pm »
For some reason I've got a cricket score in the back of my head - shit did I just post this?

If we play like we did earlier in the season, we could score a few against them.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2017, 12:37:03 am »
They were pretty woeful tonight and lucky to still be in the tie. The way Bt pundits were going on was as if they had won 2-1 at Sevilla. Hoping our long wait for a game has us fresh and quick out the traps and really take the game to them like we did Spurs. Will be shocked if Ranieri tries to play an open game as we'll hammer them but they are in desperate need of the points so heres hoping we can exploit that.

Honestly don't know if they can play a solid game with that back 4. Fuck knows how they won a title with it ... some Kante and a shit load lot of luck I guess.
As long as we don't lose patience, keep the ball on the deck and keep working them with our movement we should be a nightmare for them

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2017, 01:48:05 am »

How often do you watch cricket?
The change is cast

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2017, 06:49:08 am »
Leicester 181 all out V Liverpool 366/5 declared.
Nah. Cant see it myself like.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2017, 07:35:42 am »
Honestly don't know if they can play a solid game with that back 4. Fuck knows how they won a title with it ... some Kante and a shit load lot of luck I guess.
As long as we don't lose patience, keep the ball on the deck and keep working them with our movement we should be a nightmare for them

It wasn't luck, they just have a lot of average players who all had the season of their lives at the same time.

You see it sometimes when James Beattie is one of the top scorers in the league, or Jonas Olsson one of the best performing CBs, or Lee Hendrie has the season of his life, or everyones talking about Steve Guppy being the answer to Englands leftback woes. And those players disappear back to their level after that one good season. Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Mahrez and Vardy all had a season far exceeding anything they'll ever have again, and they've all dropped back down to their normal level.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2017, 07:49:30 am »

It wasn't luck, they just have a lot of average players who all had the season of their lives at the same time.

And therein is the luck, no?
Exactly true what you say about those players; but 7/8 of them hitting 'that season'? Thats beyond luck for me.

Anyway, Liverpool to win this I think; but it will be tight.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2017, 08:13:25 am »
close game ahoy......lets be honest, as poor as Leicester have looked, prior to the Spurs game we looked equally as bad....so can only hope that after the excellent performance against Tottenham and the mid-season hiatus we emerge rejuvenated and hungry for a serious run-in/challenge....crucial game though, a brother might almost be tempted to suggest a must win
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2017, 08:27:21 am »
They don't press aggressively or in packs and they're not very compact defensively.

We should have plenty of space for the likes of Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane to operate and cause havoc. As long as we're careful with their counter-attacks we should win this.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2017, 09:05:10 am »
And therein is the luck, no?
Exactly true what you say about those players; but 7/8 of them hitting 'that season'? Thats beyond luck for me.

Anyway, Liverpool to win this I think; but it will be tight.

I don't think I'd put that down to luck though, good man management surely? Its not like they had loads of games where they were under the cosh and thankful for goalkeeping heroics or anything. It was the perfect storm, literally everything seemed to fall into place but I don't think you can really call much of it luck.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline the good half

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2017, 09:19:12 am »
I don't think I'd put that down to luck though, good man management surely? Its not like they had loads of games where they were under the cosh and thankful for goalkeeping heroics or anything. It was the perfect storm, literally everything seemed to fall into place but I don't think you can really call much of it luck.
Perfect Storm is a good way to describe it for sure.
And that includes the other candidates in the race.
But I still would say that Luck was a LAdy a few nights for Leicester insomuch as their players peaking at same time.
It's all good - amazing story.

Liverpool are gonna to remind us how good these guys are in reality ;)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2017, 09:32:37 am »
Perfect Storm is a good way to describe it for sure.
And that includes the other candidates in the race.
But I still would say that Luck was a LAdy a few nights for Leicester insomuch as their players peaking at same time.
It's all good - amazing story.

Liverpool are gonna to remind us how good these guys are in reality ;)

I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't destroy them.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2017, 09:55:31 am »
They don't press aggressively or in packs and they're not very compact defensively.

We should have plenty of space for the likes of Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane to operate and cause havoc. As long as we're careful with their counter-attacks we should win this.
More or less how I see it. Plenty of space wide, plenty of space between the lines and Morgan tends to step up to mark any checked runs into midfield, which leaves space in behind.

Unless Ranieri goes completely against the sort of game he's played all season, this won't be a repeat of our January problems.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2017, 10:34:52 am »
Well on paper we should win this easily. However Leicester will be fighting and scrapping for every point now to stay above the relegation places.

As with every game, we need to respect them and be sharp.

Recently I've stopped trying to predict scores as we've been so poor. Hopefully we have turned the corner and will win easily.
#JFT97

Offline the good half

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2017, 10:38:54 am »
However Leicester will be fighting and scrapping for every point now to stay above the relegation places.

Although I know what you mean here, I always wonder why only teams in relugation positions 'fight & scrap' for every point.
Klopp should be barking that into every player in Red after the month they have had. Fight and Bloody scrap!!!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2017, 10:46:29 am »
More or less how I see it. Plenty of space wide, plenty of space between the lines and Morgan tends to step up to mark any checked runs into midfield, which leaves space in behind.

Unless Ranieri goes completely against the sort of game he's played all season, this won't be a repeat of our January problems.

I think we should target Morgan....been watching him a bit lately and he seems pretty clumsy.

I expect they'll set up as they did last night and against City earlier this season...we gotta use the space we'll get and stay focused throughout. Even if it is 0-0 in the 70th minute, patience
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2017, 10:57:01 am »
That's pushing it. He's had some decent games and the odd good one, along with some bad ones.

Are you talking about Lucas or Lovren?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2017, 11:03:30 am »
Are you talking about Lucas or Lovren?
Lucas.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2017, 11:08:59 am »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Gee, Stevie

• whinging aussie... why oh why oh why?....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nummer neunzehn, bitte
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2017, 01:57:54 pm »
One can assume Leicester will approach the game in a similar way they did last night's champions league first leg tie against Sevilla.  But keep in mind that at 2-0 down in the first leg, Leicester were essentially trying to avoid going 3-0 down and just looking for the odd chance on the counter-attack.  The 2-1 result was pretty good for them in the circumstances, especially considering Sevilla missed a first half pen too.

So I'd obviously take a 1-2 away win, should our game play out that way early on it doesn't necessarily mean that's all Leicester could muster.  Having said all that, if we score first I'm ver confident we will win.  The issue will be if they get ahead and frustrate us, we start to over-commit going forward, and the counter-attacks start coming.

While it's 0-0 I don't think they will be nearly as hard to breakdown as they were last season or some of the other 'lower' sides have been this season.  So we just gotta keep playing and not 'force' it too early.  Start with the usual onslaught, keep pressing, play the game in their half, and hopefully our freshness and the movement and link-up play of our 'big 4' attackers will make enough chances to get the goals we need.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2017, 02:36:33 pm »
Although I know what you mean here, I always wonder why only teams in relugation positions 'fight & scrap' for every point.
Klopp should be barking that into every player in Red after the month they have had. Fight and Bloody scrap!!!

That's a good point. Every team should be trying their hearts out every game but I'd rather play a mid-table team than one that is close to the bottom. In fact I'd even rather play Chelsea.
#JFT97

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2017, 02:39:23 pm »

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2017, 02:40:00 pm »
Honestly think we will twat them, they were all over the place defensively last night and our midfield should control the middle no problem. They have had 3 games in the 2 weeks we have had off so no excuses here. 0-3 reds.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2017, 03:36:51 pm »
The team we had out against them last season really struggled hopefully this time round we do much better.

Migs
Clyne
Sakho
Lovren
Moreno
Hendo
Can
Lucas
Lallana
Milner
Bob

Looking at the team that started last season you feel we are stronger this time round and much better equipped to deal with them and create more than we did last season. That team was woefully slow and this time round Phil and Mane will terrorise them.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2017, 03:47:30 pm »
The team we had out against them last season really struggled hopefully this time round we do much better.

Migs
Clyne
Sakho
Lovren
Moreno
Hendo
Can
Lucas
Lallana
Milner
Bob

Looking at the team that started last season you feel we are stronger this time round and much better equipped to deal with them and create more than we did last season. That team was woefully slow and this time round Phil and Mane will terrorise them.

Yikes, I'd almost forgotten about that game. Around this time last year, too, wasn't it? One of Sakho's many conveniently ignored terrible days at the office. And the day when it became 100% evident how troublesome Henderson's heel issue was.

I think we'll get on much better this time!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »

Migs
Clyne
Sakho
Lovren
Moreno
Hendo
Can
Lucas
Lallana
Milner
Bob

Fucking hell I was just about to say what the fuck are you smoking suggesting that team!  ;D

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2017, 03:50:34 pm »
I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't destroy them.

3 points with the ball going in off the refs arse in a scrappy 0-1 would be just fine for me..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2017, 03:51:37 pm »

But you would say every team struggled against them last season.

Actually we were one of the few to take points off them, as we did win the home match.

I agree we are stronger this season though and they are clearly weaker.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2017, 04:03:20 pm »

Migs
Clyne
Sakho
Lovren
Moreno
Hendo
Can
Lucas
Lallana
Milner
Bob

I wasn't even that devastated by that result. Our league campaign was going nowhere by then, and I wanted them to win the league ahead of all those sides I hate - definitely stung less than other defeats I can think of. Anyway, we comfortably beat them earlier in that season, which not many teams managed.

Our starting eleven is better now, and they're much worse. Knock them on their arses and send them into the relegation spots.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:35 pm »
I wasn't even that devastated by that result. Our league campaign was going nowhere by then, and I wanted them to win the league ahead of all those sides I hate - definitely stung less than other defeats I can think of.
Neil Atkinson says it's one of the league results which hurt him most in recent years which I really can't get my head around. Don't get me wrong, it annoyed and concerned me because of how badly we played, but the result was very much secondary to that as I'd all but written off finishing in the top four after losing at home to the Mancs a few weeks prior.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2017, 04:15:46 pm »
Fucking hell I was just about to say what the fuck are you smoking suggesting that team!  ;D
Substitutes on that day;
K Touré
C Benteke
Allen
Ibe
Flanagan
Ward
J. Teixeira

Pretty grim eh..

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2017, 04:17:23 pm »
Substitutes on that day;
K Touré
C Benteke
Allen
Ibe
Flanagan
Ward
J. Teixeira

Pretty grim eh..

I'd have taken that bench at times this season.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2017, 04:52:59 pm »
Sturridge and Lovren both missed training today

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2017, 05:30:23 pm »
Sturridge and Lovren both missed training today

Apparently still recovering from the virus which sent him back early from La Manga.