Author Topic: FT Middlesbrough 0 v Liverpool 3 (Lallana 28' 68' Origi 60)  (Read 36534 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: FT Middlesbrough 0 v Liverpool 3 (Lallana 28' 68' Origi 60)
« Reply #360 on: December 15, 2016, 01:22:08 pm »
Fantastic after the shite of the last two. We're back, fuckin get in. Happy Xmas.

we have been spoilt haven't we. Cos the last 2, as frustrating as they where, where not shite, we where our own worst enemies. We did enought to win both games, but shot ourselves in the foot with brainless mistakes letting teams back in, not just by the goalie either, just sloppiness all round in team defending and being too open.

That's been the achilles heel of this team.

Offline IvanDobskey

• Anny Roader
  • Mr Hoppeeeeee.....
« Reply #361 on: December 15, 2016, 01:25:02 pm »
Great performance all round.

I can't believe lallana is the same player as the one that underwhelmed under Rodgers.

He's probably been our best player this season.

Taking Karius out of the firing line was the correct decision.
I only said I done it so they'd take the rat out of me anus!

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: December 15, 2016, 01:29:09 pm »
That team goal...Awesome beautiful sublime. I was just starting to get really frustrated with Divok's game then BOOM. Love it. Think we need more in Jan.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 15, 2016, 01:34:19 pm »
Sturridge may be a more skilled player, but the reason Origi has been getting all those goals is because he's shown great movement, great pace and great work rate to get into the positions for easy goals. For whatever reason, Sturridge isn't getting into the same positions, so he's flattered to deceive. I'm quite sure Klopp won't push Divock aside when Daniel's fit again.

Maybe revert back to the diamond with 2 up front as he has done in the past?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #364 on: December 15, 2016, 01:47:28 pm »
A fantastic 2nd half after a slightly hit and miss 1st half. We really bossed it, scoring two brilliant team goals looking more like ourselves again. The best football we have seen since Coutinho got injured.

Obviously not a surprise that Lallana was the catalyst for performance - he has shown this season that he is now taking responsibility for contributing directly to goals and his numbers are starting to reflect his overall contribution.

There's been a lot of discussion around Origi and whether having him in the team hurts our overall play. The 2nd half showed that he is improving in that respect but nevertheless you can't make too many complaints when he is contributing goals in the absence of two senior players.

Apart from a few runs down our right Boro didn't threaten much but Mig was solid when called into action so that is a positive and a confidence boost to our defence.

Roll on the derby and the bitters.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2016, 01:53:51 pm »
Origi makes mistakes yes- some of them youthfull mistakes, but yeah- gimme a striker that makes mistakes every game but scores at least once or twice from those and you've got a player. Strikers often do- be it Torres, Aldridge, Sturridge- they all do, but they make sure that at least once per game, it hits the back of the net.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 15, 2016, 02:02:56 pm »
That second goal.......

(insert picture of Stan Marsh, woozy, surrounded by buckets of jizz)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 15, 2016, 02:06:29 pm »
I still find it ridiculous to focus on when you should be celebrating, but that's me I guess.

Who said I was focusing on that?   It was just a question..

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #368 on: December 15, 2016, 03:17:28 pm »
Good to be able to dip my head into a post-match thread again! Thought last night was absolutely crucial considering that the club was at a low ebb with the massive overreaction to Bournemouth, West Ham and Karius. It was set up for Liverpool to crumble under intense pressure but credit to Klopp and the lads for digging in and grabbing a comfortable result. I'm one of Karius' defenders but Klopp made the right call in hauling him out of the spotlight and giving Mignolet the chance to show what he can do. By all accounts in was an inspired decision. What more words can be said about Adam Lallana? Increasingly our most important player and one of the best English players. Good to hear Klavan stepped in and had a solid game. This is what he was signed up for, doing a good job when others can't. All three goals were excellent in their own right. Mane and Clyne really put in some fine work on the wing. 5 in 5 for Origi now. Being increasingly more of a mystery why some of our fans doubt him. The effect of a top class manager is obvious. Lallana and Origi were nothing players under Rodgers - Klopp has elevated these players to another. Great stuff lads. Fine preparation for the Derby.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #369 on: December 15, 2016, 03:55:36 pm »
Good to be able to dip my head into a post-match thread again! Thought last night was absolutely crucial considering that the club was at a low ebb with the massive overreaction to Bournemouth, West Ham and Karius. It was set up for Liverpool to crumble under intense pressure but credit to Klopp and the lads for digging in and grabbing a comfortable result. I'm one of Karius' defenders but Klopp made the right call in hauling him out of the spotlight and giving Mignolet the chance to show what he can do. By all accounts in was an inspired decision. What more words can be said about Adam Lallana? Increasingly our most important player and one of the best English players. Good to hear Klavan stepped in and had a solid game. This is what he was signed up for, doing a good job when others can't. All three goals were excellent in their own right. Mane and Clyne really put in some fine work on the wing. 5 in 5 for Origi now. Being increasingly more of a mystery why some of our fans doubt him. The effect of a top class manager is obvious. Lallana and Origi were nothing players under Rodgers - Klopp has elevated these players to another. Great stuff lads. Fine preparation for the Derby.

Not even close at the moment.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #370 on: December 15, 2016, 03:56:26 pm »
Not even close at the moment.

Who's better? Besides Rooney of course.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #371 on: December 15, 2016, 03:58:06 pm »
Who's better? Besides Rooney of course.

Maybe he means nobody else is close to being better than Lallana?
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »

Ah right, could mean that as well. Except for Rooney...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #373 on: December 15, 2016, 04:01:28 pm »

:wave

Stand out at the Euros as well, and since then. Easily the best English player on current form.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #374 on: December 15, 2016, 04:39:02 pm »
:wave

Stand out at the Euros as well, and since then. Easily the best English player on current form.
Yep he is and while I don't really care for it, he manages to successfully carry his form over to the national team.

Rooneh though... lad is on another, very special level. Legend!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:40:34 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #375 on: December 15, 2016, 05:28:30 pm »
.....Boro weren't great though.  Defended ok, but quite toothless upfront and in midfield.

This is true. I went and you can see that they play in a very regimented style with absolutely no plan B when they go behind. That said, second half we really did put them to the sword. West Ham on Sunday were a much better team.

I smiled at one 5 minute section in that second half. First of all Lallana pops up at left back, next Wijnaldum appears as a right winger  ::)

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 15, 2016, 06:15:53 pm »

Mamadou, is that you?

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #377 on: December 15, 2016, 06:30:39 pm »
Mamadou, is that you?

Caught red handed.  :o

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2016, 07:46:50 pm »
Quality performance. Professional, effective and creative. That's more like it. Burnley and Bournemouth performance and results will have us better off. Better now than in May, like before. Sturridge and Can back for the Ev, hopefully back on track. Not getting the three points yesterday could've really hurt us going forward but we did well, showed character. Hurts we couldn't just see out Bournemouth but like I say, hopefully we'll be a better team for it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:48:26 pm by Lazar »

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2016, 07:50:25 pm »
Seems to be a few posters missing from this thread, no doubt be polluting  in the everton pre match thread

Great team effort, cracking goals,Everton to take points off next.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2016, 09:05:35 pm »

Great result.  I have to admit, I was nervous going into this match, but it was a timely reminder of our quality.  Just hope we don't get any more injuries and that Matip is back for the derby.

Whilst I'd be happier with Matip playing, I think Klavan will be an able stand-in again. Excellent signing as our 3rd centre-back (or would he have been 4th if Sakho hadn't fallen out of favour).
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2016, 09:32:48 pm »
Sturridge may be a more skilled player, but the reason Origi has been getting all those goals is because he's shown great movement, great pace and great work rate to get into the positions for easy goals. For whatever reason, Sturridge isn't getting into the same positions, so he's flattered to deceive. I'm quite sure Klopp won't push Divock aside when Daniel's fit again.

What do you mean Sturridge isn't getting into the same position for easy goals? That just isn't true, is it? If you want to praise Origi that's good but you don't have knock Sturridge to do that.

Offline The Istvan Kozma Fan Club

• Kopite
« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2016, 09:33:41 pm »
Seems to be a few posters missing from this thread, no doubt be polluting  in the everton pre match thread

They will make a Lazarus-like recovery.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2016, 09:43:13 pm »
Nil! Nil! Nil! We won nil

Yerrrrrrrrrs, red lemonade.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2016, 09:48:27 pm »
Fans thinking of ways to have a whinge and a dig at certain players after a 3 nil win

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2016, 11:16:11 pm »
Was that the same Traore that was playing in Barca's youth squads?
How on earth did he end up at Middlesborough?
Wasn't he with Aston Villa last season?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2016, 11:23:15 pm »
Was that the same Traore that was playing in Barca's youth squads?
How on earth did he end up at Middlesborough?
Wasn't he with Aston Villa last season?

He's got a bit of the Ibe's about him; quick, strong and skilful but with no idea how to use those strengths properly.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2016, 11:35:19 pm »
Get the feck in. Normal service has resumed

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2016, 02:40:04 am »
What do you mean Sturridge isn't getting into the same position for easy goals? That just isn't true, is it? If you want to praise Origi that's good but you don't have knock Sturridge to do that.

I'm not knocking Sturridge, which is why I was careful to say "for whatever reason" rather than speculating why he hasn't been in the right places at the right times. If, like you claim, he has been in position to score easy goals, then why is he scoreless in the league? In anticipation of your response, "because his team-mates failed to deliver the ball to him", I would argue that it suggests a lack of understanding between team-mates that cuts both ways. Wherever the blame for that lies, it doesn't seem to be a problem for Origi, so for me he is ahead in the pecking order.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2016, 02:52:30 am »
I'm not knocking Sturridge, which is why I was careful to say "for whatever reason" rather than speculating why he hasn't been in the right places at the right times. If, like you claim, he has been in position to score easy goals, then why is he scoreless in the league? In anticipation of your response, "because his team-mates failed to deliver the ball to him", I would argue that it suggests a lack of understanding between team-mates that cuts both ways. Wherever the blame for that lies, it doesn't seem to be a problem for Origi, so for me he is ahead in the pecking order.
Because strikers sometimes don't score goals? Either his finishing has been a bit unlucky/bad or keepers have pulled out some good saves. All strikers will go through a patch like that.

If he wasn't get in to the right positions any more it would also be the case in the League Cup games.

Origi had a keeper literally drop the ball at his feet, Sturridge hasn't had that luck for example.  Two of his other goals weren't even from good positions, they were from the sides of the box, that's not getting in to good positions.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:54:43 am by Chris~ »

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2016, 04:56:33 am »
Maybe revert back to the diamond with 2 up front as he has done in the past?
It's a possibility, what with Mane set to be out for ACON shortly, though we'd have to choose between Firmino and Coutinho, who should be back in the new year, for the advanced midfield position.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2016, 05:08:07 am »
Only 10 pages - we musta won, good times.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline art03

• Kopite
« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2016, 05:55:41 am »
This match shows that Origi and the other advance players are starting to gel. He was taking up wide positions left and right and allowed the others to roam which benefited Firmino's game immensely especially in the 2nd half. Switching to play longer balls was also more productive due to Mane's and Origi's pace as well as his physical presence which he used well in this match. Positive signs that we will once again see our slick football with the attacking players interchanging constantly which will produce the end results that we are used to by now (goals!).

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 16, 2016, 06:11:08 am »
Klopp is such the right manager for us. He's instilling in the players how to move the ball quickly with fewer passes to carve open stubborn defences. The game vs Boro was a perfect example of that. Boro set up to frustrate us. The good thing is that they were toothless going forward. Still, we had lots to do. All 3 goals show how we can unlock defences by a quick turn or change of pace. That's so wonderful to watch.

For the Merseyside derby, I hope we can deal with the physicality of Koeman's side.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #394 on: December 16, 2016, 07:46:58 am »
Because strikers sometimes don't score goals? Either his finishing has been a bit unlucky/bad or keepers have pulled out some good saves. All strikers will go through a patch like that.

If he wasn't get in to the right positions any more it would also be the case in the League Cup games.

Origi had a keeper literally drop the ball at his feet, Sturridge hasn't had that luck for example.  Two of his other goals weren't even from good positions, they were from the sides of the box, that's not getting in to good positions.

Agreed.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2016, 09:23:40 am »
Quality performance. Professional, effective and creative. That's more like it. Burnley and Bournemouth performance and results will have us better off. Better now than in May, like before. Sturridge and Can back for the Ev, hopefully back on track. Not getting the three points yesterday could've really hurt us going forward but we did well, showed character. Hurts we couldn't just see out Bournemouth but like I say, hopefully we'll be a better team for it.

Fair play to you for praising the team rather than making excuses for your spectacularly bad prediction.
You got so much stick in the pre-game thread because other people actually believe in the team, and performances like that are why.
 The Bournemouth and West Brom games were disappointing to say the least, but they were the exception rather than the rule.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #396 on: May 15, 2017, 09:35:55 pm »
We can do this lot !
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #397 on: May 15, 2017, 09:42:11 pm »
We can do this lot !

We did, we won 3-0.
Y.N.W.A.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #398 on: May 15, 2017, 09:44:41 pm »
We can do this lot !

How delayed is your stream mate?!
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #399 on: May 15, 2017, 09:58:28 pm »
Y.N.W.A.