Author Topic: Loan Watch 2016-17  (Read 89447 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2016-17
« Reply #440 on: April 23, 2017, 06:52:07 am »
Not being funny Mac but Yugoslavia has always had outrageously talented footballers the problem was always getting the players to gel. For me Yugoslavia was always a bit like the outrageously talented Dutch teams, great players but didn't have the mentality to cope with a team as mentally strong as Germany.
The Red Star team that won the European Cup didn't seem to have trouble gelling, nor did the Croatian team that came third in the world cup six years later. That Croatian squad had the likes of Prosinečki, Šuker, Boban, Bilic and Simic in it, imagine what kind of team you'd have had with the likes of Jugović, Savićević, Mijatović, Stojković and Mihajlović attached. Definitely one of football's great what ifs.

Good to see Markovic doing well though, I've always really liked him as a player and I'm glad he's doing well. I'd love to see him succeed, either here or somewhere else.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: April 23, 2017, 01:05:08 pm »
Watching him play for us I was surprised at how shit Markovic was at dribbling and how good he was at playing incisive passes through the lines. One of those players who doesn't 100% fit in any specific position.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #442 on: April 23, 2017, 02:04:35 pm »
Only saw MOTD highlights but a couple of good runs drawing the defence away and took his goal well.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #443 on: April 23, 2017, 03:15:19 pm »
It's easier said than done though mate.

Outrageous talent often goes with an outrageous ego. One of life's mysterious has to be why the Dutch National team has never won a World Cup. Look at France now ridiculously talented but mentally fragile.

If you can mate, get hold of this

Cracking read and goes into why the Dutch havnt won the World Cup, the reasons behind it. Cant fully remember and dont want to mis quote.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #444 on: April 24, 2017, 05:19:03 am »
Sahko celebrating with Benteke says it all for me. He is never playing in the red again.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #445 on: April 24, 2017, 05:21:48 am »
Sakho has a contract till 2020 at liverpool. Recall him from his loan, and let him rot in the u23 bench until 2020 effectively ending his career. Massive c*nt, liverpool soldier my a*se.
Seen us win everything

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: April 24, 2017, 07:23:14 am »
Yep. I don't particularly care any more since he's obviously history, so this is not a reaction borne out of emotion (even though I used to love the guy), but Sakho must either be the stupidest twat on earth or have a massive chip on his shoulder towards Klopp. Probably a bit of both.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #447 on: April 24, 2017, 12:59:35 pm »

Has someone accused Sakho of turning them into a Newt yet?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #448 on: April 24, 2017, 01:11:43 pm »
more concerned over how we played rather than 2 players shaking hands. Its not like he ran down the touchline to the kop kissing the palace crest. Though he really shouldnt have been down there given he wasnt playing
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: April 24, 2017, 05:38:58 pm »
Yep. I don't particularly care any more since he's obviously history, so this is not a reaction borne out of emotion (even though I used to love the guy), but Sakho must either be the stupidest twat on earth or have a massive chip on his shoulder towards Klopp. Probably a bit of both.
Not sure what is stupid about it at all?
Clearly he is going to have a chip on his shoulder when Klopp sent him to train and play with the u23s. Klopp cast out his best defender and now he is being made look foolish with our centre backs performances on the pitch and Sakhos performance on and off. Such is life.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2017, 05:41:27 pm »
Not sure what is stupid about it at all?

Really? Pretty clear he wanted to make a point, he wasn't even eligible to play yet there he is on the touchline with his lame pre planned celebration. After you've just been loaned out it's probably best to keep a low profile, keep your head down, say your hellos to whoever and be quiet but he had to go and make it about him, again. He's a bellend.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »

Really? Pretty clear he wanted to make a point, he wasn't even eligible to play yet there he is on the touchline with his lame pre planned celebration. After you've just been loaned out it's probably best to keep a low profile, keep your head down, say your hellos to whoever and be quiet but he had to go and make it about him, again. He's a bellend.
And what is stupid about making a point?

Maybe if he had just been loaned out with the chance of coming back to the club you would do as you say. But he wasnt just loaned out. He was loaned out because he was forced to play and train with the u23s and in the summer he will be forced out of the club. You may aswell just say he is not our player anymore. Would that make it easier for people to care less about what he done yesterday. People should be more worried about the absolute dross we have at cb at the moment.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2017, 06:02:48 pm »
Not sure many here will accept it, but Sakho explained his actions - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mamadou-sakho-explains-decision-celebrate-10286032.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2017, 06:15:29 pm »
And what is stupid about making a point?

Are you slightly dim? I've already answered it. He acted a bellend, the worship he gets is so, so weird, you'd think he was Sami Hyypia!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2017, 06:45:57 pm »
Not sure many here will accept it, but Sakho explained his actions - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mamadou-sakho-explains-decision-celebrate-10286032.

i believe him that there was nothing in it and it was between two mates BUT you have to be fucking stupid to do it - sit up in the stands, keep your head down and move on

as it is he has burnt even his last bridge and will no doubt be gone now

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #455 on: April 24, 2017, 07:43:57 pm »
Why would celebrating with his current teammates be stupid?  He has been told as much that he's not coming back to the club so why should he care about what our fans or first team think?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 24, 2017, 07:45:50 pm »
He has been told as much that he's not coming back to the club

Has he? You must have some good sources. Will bow to your knowledge on it

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #457 on: April 24, 2017, 09:03:09 pm »
Watching him play for us I was surprised at how shit Markovic was at dribbling and how good he was at playing incisive passes through the lines. One of those players who doesn't 100% fit in any specific position.
There have been some controversial decisions at various times this season, both sides of the argument have been heard, discussed, debated etc. The Markovic decision however is one that still baffles me. We would have lost absolutely nothing in getting him back. He has pace which we lack and would have been first off the bench yesterday without doubt. Really don't understand this one at all.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #458 on: April 25, 2017, 02:26:29 am »
Why would celebrating with his current teammates be stupid?  He has been told as much that he's not coming back to the club so why should he care about what our fans or first team think?

Sure it was just a simple handshake.... I'm Asian and I wouldn't ask for ice-cream after dinner when I just brought home my report card with 9 A+ and 1 A. You only ask for ice-cream when you get straight A+s. I would sit my ass down and lie low for the next 6 months. Sahko is on probation but he keeps rubbing people at the club/supporters the wrong way.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #459 on: April 25, 2017, 05:39:17 am »

Hes employed by Liverpool FC. Its like going on assignment to another office and hearing that ur office has caught on fire, and you celebrate.
Seen us win everything

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2017, 05:47:47 am »
There's no question for me. The fact that he needed to keep his head down but ended up doing something everyone's talking about says it all. No matter the intentions, it was a dumb, dumb move on his part.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #461 on: April 25, 2017, 04:34:26 pm »
Andre Wisdom, according to TIA, has had "an impressive run of form" and his team Red Bull Salzburg are close to winning the Austrian Bundesliga.

They're in first place by 13 points with 6 matches left.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/markovic-scores-positive-unproductive-week-loanees-liverpool-fc-loan-watch/

Andre Wisdom‘s impressive run of form continued, with the defender helping Red Bull Salzburg take another step towards the Austrian Bundesliga title with a 2-1 win over St Polten.

Wisdom played the 90 minutes at centre-back where he has become a key component of Oscar Garcia’s defence, and he was in typically assured form as he helped record a sixth straight victory in all competitions.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: April 26, 2017, 09:15:19 pm »
Sakho picked up a nasty looking injury by all accounts

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #463 on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:08 pm »
aaand there goes 25m from the transfer kitty.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: April 29, 2017, 09:16:05 pm »
Ryan Kent wins Barnsleys young player of the season award

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: May 1, 2017, 05:05:37 pm »
Liverpool pair Allan Rodrigues de Souza and Ryan Kent progressing well on loan

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-pair-allan-rodrigues-de-12969521

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: May 1, 2017, 07:58:54 pm »

Video of Allan vs Werder Bremen. A DM for the future.

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/858811695757746176
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: May 2, 2017, 03:47:51 am »

I know it's only one game's highlights, but he reminded me of a young Michael Carrick.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: May 2, 2017, 01:54:06 pm »

Another year on loan at the same club will do him well.   

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: May 2, 2017, 04:00:25 pm »
Another year on loan at the same club will do him well.   

I think he needs more starts too to get his papers in the UK.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: May 2, 2017, 07:17:03 pm »

He does but I remember reading that him going to some international tournament earlier in the year just about made that impossible this year. 

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: May 2, 2017, 07:32:33 pm »
I don't remember but I think if we offer him a contract bigger than 40kpw, he'll be given his papers or he gets more points in the points system or something like that. So its good to have him on our books. If he really has a breakout year, we shouldn't have a problem getting his work permit. (I'd be glad if someone could explain the nuances of the points based system to me)

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #473 on: May 2, 2017, 07:43:57 pm »

he can pick a pass.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #474 on: May 2, 2017, 07:45:49 pm »
He does but I remember reading that him going to some international tournament earlier in the year just about made that impossible this year. 

he's supposed to be staying on loan there next season.  why not if he's getting starts and playing well?

I don't remember but I think if we offer him a contract bigger than 40kpw, he'll be given his papers or he gets more points in the points system or something like that. So its good to have him on our books. If he really has a breakout year, we shouldn't have a problem getting his work permit. (I'd be glad if someone could explain the nuances of the points based system to me)

he wouldn't be near our first team at this point so that would seem a bit toppy.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: May 2, 2017, 08:14:38 pm »
he wouldn't be near our first team at this point so that would seem a bit toppy.
Not at this point, no. Just pointing out that if he has a breakout year, we could force through a work permit. So its worth it to have him on the books.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #476 on: May 2, 2017, 09:51:11 pm »
Not at this point, no. Just pointing out that if he has a breakout year, we could force through a work permit. So its worth it to have him on the books.

roger that. definitely one to keep an eye on.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #477 on: May 2, 2017, 09:59:38 pm »

Good to see Markovic doing well though, I've always really liked him as a player and I'm glad he's doing well. I'd love to see him succeed, either here or somewhere else.

I hear a bit of the commentary from the game he was in at the weekend. Seemed like he was playing pretty well.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: May 2, 2017, 11:04:21 pm »
I hear a bit of the commentary from the game he was in at the weekend. Seemed like he was playing pretty well.

The decision to send him on loan to Hull under Marco Silva was obviously a good one. In the worst case scenario, we will get most of our money back in the summer.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #479 on: May 3, 2017, 08:02:32 am »
Andre Wisdom, according to TIA, has had "an impressive run of form" and his team Red Bull Salzburg are close to winning the Austrian Bundesliga.

They're in first place by 13 points with 6 matches left.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/markovic-scores-positive-unproductive-week-loanees-liverpool-fc-loan-watch/

we want €4.2m for him.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-demand-4million-fee-andre-12977721