Author Topic: Dings can only get better  (Read 151493 times)

Offline LFCEmpire

• Main Stander
  • Icelandic Kopite
Re: Dings can only get better
« Reply #1440 on: November 3, 2016, 11:42:11 AM »
Was so happy to see him playing again and now this!  :( All the best Danny boy

Offline Fluke

• Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #1441 on: November 3, 2016, 11:45:06 AM »
If it's bad enough to require surgery, it won't heal on its own. A bucket handle tear, for example, is a tear across nearly the entire length of the meniscus. It's a c-shaped piece of tissue, and the inner half of the meniscus can flip into the joint. A bucket handle tear will never heal in its own, and will need to be either trimmed or sewn back together.

The kind of damage you're talking about is basically frayed edges. Every athlete, at any level, is going to sustain cartilage damage over time. Most will never see a doctor about it or anything. They'll never need to.
It's not a matter of "bad enough". I had the option to elect surgery for example.  It's more a matter of whether the cartilage gets enough blood flow to heal itself (based on its location), and also how long you can give it to do so.

But I'm just going off what my doctors told me. Don't know beyond that.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Online Caligula?

• would have blushed? Attention! Not attractive!
  • Believer
« Reply #1442 on: November 4, 2016, 01:34:35 AM »
Eh, bollocks. He would've had some role to play from now until the end of the season I'm sure of that. He was just coming back now too, he must be absolutely gutted and I feel for him. Unfortunately I think his time with us is up now.  :(

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1443 on: November 4, 2016, 05:02:17 AM »
Absolutely sickening news but he will be back because he has the right mentality to get through this. See you next season Danny, stay strong lad.

Offline bobadicious

• Believer
« Reply #1444 on: November 4, 2016, 08:28:53 AM »
did that shithouse tackle by Harry Winks have anything to do with this?

Was going to ask the same. Klopp mentioned something about him doing it while trying to win the ball back.
Football is a lie

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • What doesn't not kill you, makes you...stranger!
« Reply #1445 on: November 4, 2016, 04:44:40 PM »
Gutted for ings. What terrible luck. Lets hope he is back next season to help us.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1446 on: December 14, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
Would kill to have this guy available right now as an option for the coming weeks.

Tonights bench shows how stretched we actually are.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Redcap

• Believer
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1447 on: December 15, 2016, 02:45:40 AM »
Would kill to have this guy available right now as an option for the coming weeks.

Tonights bench shows how stretched we actually are.

We were looking good at the start of the season with four strikers for one position.

Problem is, two of those strikers are quite injury prone and another is the first drop for LW.

After those, we're right into the youth players.

I think we will take a punt on Ings for one more season, because he's willing to sit on the bench, and is a good option off the bench. But we do need him to be available when we need him.

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #1448 on: December 15, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »
We were looking good at the start of the season with four strikers for one position.

Problem is, two of those strikers are quite injury prone and another is the first drop for LW.

After those, we're right into the youth players.

I think we will take a punt on Ings for one more season, because he's willing to sit on the bench, and is a good option off the bench. But we do need him to be available when we need him.
We will be forced to take a punt because who would take him off us after two serious knee injuries?

The thing is he would only make the bench during an injury crisis to our strikers. He didnt even make the bench for one league game this season. When Sturridge leaves in the summer and we buy a striker not injury prone he will struggle to ever make the bench.