Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 1352621 times)

Offline mattyyt

• Main Stander
  • He drinks sangria
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16280 on: March 15, 2017, 10:29:53 PM »
Yeah good podcast that one. I'm a big fan of the non-football shows like that and AFQ. Some interesting conversation about the history of the city

Offline John C

• Likes it kinky. Feedback loiterer. mere clutz. Looks like Terry Wogan (dead).
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #16281 on: March 16, 2017, 05:20:38 PM »
Cup of Tea was great again, I was willing someone to remember those twats released their new Sunday paper of 15th April.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Golly! An alien judge!
« Reply #16282 on: March 17, 2017, 11:04:26 AM »
"And he packs his lunch in a Sunblest bag, the children call him Moyesey."

:lmao
It's the same old story, all love and glory. It's a pantomime.

Offline Giz a Gobble

• Scouse Turkey that's hard to swallow.....
  • Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96.
« Reply #16283 on: March 17, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
To my shame, only just getting round to subscribing. Itís been on a list of things to do for far too long now.

Any recommendations for must-listen podcasts on the TAW player? Iíll try and sift through most of it in time but just wondered what people thought were the stand-out pods (AFQís etc) and Iíll delve into those first. Got a long-haul flight upcoming in the next week so itíll be great material.

Additionally, am I right in assuming that when Iím subscribed, I can just download these to the harddrive of my phone/ipod? Ie: I wonít need an online connection throughout will I?

Thanks fellas.

(PS: The Alonso interview will obviously go at the top of the list  ;D)

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16284 on: March 17, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
To my shame, only just getting round to subscribing. Itís been on a list of things to do for far too long now.

Any recommendations for must-listen podcasts on the TAW player? Iíll try and sift through most of it in time but just wondered what people thought were the stand-out pods (AFQís etc) and Iíll delve into those first. Got a long-haul flight upcoming in the next week so itíll be great material.

Additionally, am I right in assuming that when Iím subscribed, I can just download these to the harddrive of my phone/ipod? Ie: I wonít need an online connection throughout will I?

Thanks fellas.

(PS: The Alonso interview will obviously go at the top of the list  ;D)

Get on the What We Call History of the 07/08 season. There's 9 parts and the length makes Lawrence of Arabia feel like filler content.

It's a sprawling, passionate analysis of the pain, anger and fleeting joy of that season. I think it would last you a full round trip to Mars.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
  • Up the reds.
    • My twitter
« Reply #16285 on: March 17, 2017, 01:42:38 PM »
Xabi Alonso exclusive interview on TAW Player today. Yesssss.
@C_Hannan7

Offline John C

• Likes it kinky. Feedback loiterer. mere clutz. Looks like Terry Wogan (dead).
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #16286 on: March 17, 2017, 02:30:41 PM »

Any recommendations for must-listen podcasts on the TAW player?
Last Friday's AFQ (10/3/17) with Steve Armstrong on is a good enough place to start. Brilliant.

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16287 on: March 17, 2017, 06:59:27 PM »
Phenomenal lads, absolutely smashing the content. The Alonso interview, the St Etienne special, the pink after Arsenal, the new teamtalk shows, all superb. Its definitely the best fiver I spend every month.
Nice one for all the effort.
ďThis club will always be the most important thing for ≠millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16288 on: March 17, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »
Last Friday's AFQ (10/3/17) with Steve Armstrong on is a good enough place to start. Brilliant.

he's a rum bugger isn't he - top lad -  the story abar the mini they bought in the ale house :D

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16289 on: March 17, 2017, 08:51:09 PM »
Great interview with Xabi Alonso!
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16290 on: March 17, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »
Appreciate you making the Alonso interview exactly the length of my commute home.

You really shouldn't have, but it's very kind.

Offline less grotesquely offensive?

• [BANNED] FORMERLY TEPID WATER Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Liberal, and proud to be so.
« Reply #16291 on: March 18, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »
Xabi...what a guy...
With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16292 on: March 18, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »
To say TAW has stepped up since the New Year would be an understatement. I'm not slighting the content prior to that I'm just saying that their scope and range is becoming truly outstanding. 

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16293 on: March 18, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
Hm. Hm. Sure.
FSG are prepared to back Klopp with as many as 5/6 high profile signings, with more dead wood shipped out in the summer.

Offline Bunter

• Believer
« Reply #16294 on: March 18, 2017, 01:44:56 PM »
Without wanting to put a downer on it.. thought the sound quality of the Xabi interview was poor, struggled to understand it at times and the background noise doesn't help. I understand being outside effects the recording but maybe should have done it in a room?

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Believer
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #16295 on: March 18, 2017, 02:27:31 PM »
Without wanting to put a downer on it.. thought the sound quality of the Xabi interview was poor, struggled to understand it at times and the background noise doesn't help. I understand being outside effects the recording but maybe should have done it in a room?

We've had a play with it and it's much clearer now, just delete and redownload.

Ideally would've been indoors, but I didn't fancy arguing with Bayern who were kind enough to let us in in the first place
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Bunter

• Believer
« Reply #16296 on: March 18, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »

Ideally would've been indoors, but I didn't fancy arguing with Bayern who were kind enough to let us in in the first place

Fair play, cheers Andy.

Offline Levitz

• Kopite
« Reply #16297 on: March 18, 2017, 02:49:38 PM »

Had the same problem, had to stop listening but will try the new version. TAW are doing a fantastic job but it's the one feedback I would give to you  sometimes I find the sound levels a bit challenging especially when you have a contributor on the phone. The sound level in the studio can be much louder than the phone and it can make it quite difficult to listen to especially on headphones. If you turn it right up to hear the phone contributor you get deafened by when it switches back to the studio. It's not a problem on most shows but it's a shame when it happens as I feel I'm missing out on some good content.  That said, it's great value and the quality of content is very high. Hats off to you for the scoops too.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16298 on: March 19, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »
Had the same problem, had to stop listening but will try the new version. TAW are doing a fantastic job but it's the one feedback I would give to you  sometimes I find the sound levels a bit challenging especially when you have a contributor on the phone. The sound level in the studio can be much louder than the phone and it can make it quite difficult to listen to especially on headphones. If you turn it right up to hear the phone contributor you get deafened by when it switches back to the studio. It's not a problem on most shows but it's a shame when it happens as I feel I'm missing out on some good content.  That said, it's great value and the quality of content is very high. Hats off to you for the scoops too.
Is this possibly to do with the technology that's being used? We've been brought up on the likes of 5Live which, I'm guessing, use the most expensive equipment money can buy. That sets an unfair standard when comparing to a far smaller operation.

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16299 on: March 19, 2017, 01:16:16 PM »
Is this possibly to do with the technology that's being used? We've been brought up on the likes of 5Live which, I'm guessing, use the most expensive equipment money can buy. That sets an unfair standard when comparing to a far smaller operation.

The audio has been getting progressively better on the Wrap since it began - the lads have posted about it a few times on social media, from memory. This was just unlucky I think. I guess it was needs must on the day. A lavalier mic would have been ideal but it's not the sort of thing you can just nip out and get if you don't have one.

The re-upload is a huge improvement.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16300 on: March 20, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »
Really enjoyed that Pink, very upbeat and rightfully so after a performance like that.

Offline Charlie Satterthwaite

• Boys Pen
« Reply #16301 on: March 20, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »
Just got around to listening to the Alonso interview and I'd like to add my voice to those recommending The Anfield Wrap.

I've been paying a fiver a month since they launched TAW Player and it's amazing value for money - loads of different opinions and formats, and if you don't like one podcast there's usually another along within a day. The content is excellent.

And the interviews are outstanding. They get interesting people and ask them interesting questions - can't ask for more than that.

It's brilliant to see them going from strength to strength. If you don't subscribe, it's well worth a fiver to see what it's all about. Get on it.

Offline less grotesquely offensive?

• [BANNED] FORMERLY TEPID WATER Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Liberal, and proud to be so.
« Reply #16302 on: March 20, 2017, 07:29:49 PM »
Just got around to listening to the Alonso interview and I'd like to add my voice to those recommending The Anfield Wrap.

I've been paying a fiver a month since they launched TAW Player and it's amazing value for money - loads of different opinions and formats, and if you don't like one podcast there's usually another along within a day. The content is excellent.

And the interviews are outstanding. They get interesting people and ask them interesting questions - can't ask for more than that.

It's brilliant to see them going from strength to strength. If you don't subscribe, it's well worth a fiver to see what it's all about. Get on it.
The interviews are excellent...

Not just patsy questions, really intelligent questions...
With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #16303 on: March 22, 2017, 01:29:35 PM »
RE Naby Keita/Gutter, might want to give Craig Hannan a Geography lesson boys, Papua New Guinea definitely isn't in Africa  :lmao

Offline mattyyt

• Main Stander
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #16304 on: March 22, 2017, 02:27:15 PM »
I just googled it, never would have thought it was next to Australia! :shocked

To be fair, old Guinea is in Africa, and you never really hear of anyone coming from Asia or whatever continent Papua New Guinea is  :P

Offline Iska

• Believer
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16305 on: March 22, 2017, 11:21:23 PM »
Ghana, the various Guineas, the Guyanas ... I'm not surprised they were getting mixed up.  I assume 'Guinea' must mean something like '-land'?

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Believer
« Reply #16306 on: March 22, 2017, 11:41:34 PM »
Is anyone else unable to read the full show descriptions on Pocket Casts? Minor annoyance but it drives me up the wall!
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

• Believer
« Reply #16307 on: March 22, 2017, 11:44:22 PM »
Is anyone else unable to read the full show descriptions on Pocket Casts? Minor annoyance but it drives me up the wall!

Pocket casts is shite mate, got to be honest.

By far the one we have most problems with.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Digger2God

• Believer
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #16308 on: March 23, 2017, 12:46:02 PM »
Lol at the Echo for the Xabi Alonso interview. Monkey see, monkey do...
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Crosby Wych

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Believer
« Reply #16309 on: March 23, 2017, 02:32:28 PM »

I've unfollowed them, far too much shitty clickbait garbage
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16310 on: March 23, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »
Pocket casts is shite mate, got to be honest.

By far the one we have most problems with.

None of my business really, And, but some of the preambles on the pod descriptions are often too long on Podcast Addict also and they cut off before you can find out who is on a pod and what the content of the pod will be.

• Believer
« Reply #16311 on: March 23, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »
None of my business really, And, but some of the preambles on the pod descriptions are often too long on Podcast Addict also and they cut off before you can find out who is on a pod and what the content of the pod will be.

SEO mate

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16312 on: March 23, 2017, 04:04:31 PM »

Offline Fitzy.

• Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16313 on: March 23, 2017, 08:57:45 PM »
True. But TAW has been even better recently, which suggests they're responding to the competition in the correct way.

Offline fintanmar

• Boys Pen
« Reply #16314 on: Yesterday at 09:15:08 AM »
Loved the Xabi interview.

Great work guys

Offline A change without it backfiring!

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly foreveragnome/fordy87
« Reply #16315 on: Yesterday at 10:03:12 AM »
Totally agree with Steve Graves on Cantona. So overrated. Never managed 20 league goals despite playing up front for the best team in a dreadful league and taking pens.

With Ferguson and the class of 92, United would have won all those league titles whether they'd signed him or not.

Online Crosby Road South and Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16316 on: Yesterday at 10:15:40 AM »
Totally agree with Steve Graves on Cantona. So overrated. Never managed 20 league goals despite playing up front for the best team in a dreadful league and taking pens.

With Ferguson and the class of 92, United would have won all those league titles whether they'd signed him or not.

Think the 95/96 season is what makes people (not me!) rate him highly. Felt like the bastard scored a lot of important goals in that run in although you could just as easily argue they won the League through their defence that year as I think they went on a run of 1-0 wins in that time,  bit like in 08/09.
Fucking thick, inbred, bandy-legged, Kev Webster lookalike bellends.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth". Idiot.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #16317 on: Yesterday at 01:27:29 PM »
Neil Docking is so fucking good.  Ban This Filth is my favourite show when he's on it.  Glad the Echo haven't banned him appearing on it, if that's even within their power to do.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Phil M

• "Those who want respect, give respect". Tony Soprano. Undercover RAWK Mod.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ďBravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #16318 on: Yesterday at 02:37:27 PM »
Would it be possible to give this a shout to raise awareness?

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334939.80;topicseen
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16319 on: Yesterday at 09:45:34 PM »
So, it's just me that got a previous version of Ban This Filth this week?  My download is the one which had Guttmann on and the topics were worst World Cup, worst song and something about media coverage of football (bad camera angles for penalties, too much focus on controversies rather than tactics).  I think there was a reference to it being recorded after the Manchester United game.

Yes Andy, I have Pocket Casts, so it could be that.

Sounds like I missed a good one!