Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 831967 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FSG (*)
« Reply #9360 on: April 25, 2017, 04:36:47 pm »
Getting as many of our no1 targets as possible even if we have to give them more wages than we wanted to, it's worth it if they improve us.
True but if we get them, we must have been willing to pay them those wages, no?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9361 on: April 25, 2017, 04:38:13 pm »
Just one question. How do we know if that happens? I mean we can't know who's first or second or third on his list.

To only expect to land your top target in every position that needs upgrading is pretty unrealistic too.

Well when a manager is going out of his way to call/go and meet a target such as Rodgers did with Alli or Klopp with Ousmane Dembele/Goetze/Pulisic then I think its fair to assume they're favoured...that and all the talk that comes through the press.

This summer its fair to assume, youd think, that the players highest on Klopps wanted list would include Brandt, Keita, VVD and Sessegnon. Those are the names we're hearing over and over again from multiple journalists.

None of them are beyond us either.

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #9362 on: April 25, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »
True but if we get them, we must have been willing to pay them those wages, no?

I mean I don't want us to lose out on players due our unwillingness to match their wage demands, if they are players who the manager thinks will improve us.
I also don't want to hear excuse like they want to play in London.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9363 on: April 25, 2017, 04:42:50 pm »
Just one question. How do we know if that happens? I mean we can't know who's first or second or third on his list.

To only expect to land your top target in every position that needs upgrading is pretty unrealistic too.
We don't mate but the difference for me  between Jurgens 1st, 2nd or 3rd choices compared to Brendans is that they'd all be suitable for what he wants them for, rather than the mish mash of rag, tag and bobtail signings we were making.

Maybe I shouldn't have that much faith in him as nobody gets it 100% right but if he didn't really want them they wouldn't be on his list [emoji6]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9364 on: April 25, 2017, 04:45:34 pm »
Klopps transfers so far give me hope that we're moving in the right direction.

Matip, Mane', Ginny

All players bought for the first team all players performing well.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9365 on: April 25, 2017, 04:46:14 pm »
Well when a manager is going out of his way to call/go and meet a target such as Rodgers did with Alli or Klopp with Ousmane Dembele/Goetze/Pulisic then I think its fair to assume they're favoured...that and all the talk that comes through the press.

This summer its fair to assume, youd think, that the players highest on Klopps wanted list would include Brandt, Keita, VVD and Sessegnon. Those are the names we're hearing over and over again from multiple journalists.

They are not beyond us but all the briefings have said you can scratch them off if we dont get CL. The ultimate test for FSG will be if they go above and beyond to get Klopp's first choices even without CL but I very much doubt the club will do that according to their briefings.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9366 on: April 25, 2017, 04:46:21 pm »
I mean I don't want us to lose out on players due our unwillingness to match their wage demands, if they are players who the manager thinks will improve us.
I also don't want to hear excuse like they want to play in London.
Ah ok. 

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9367 on: April 25, 2017, 04:48:33 pm »

I met karl robinsons dad and rodgers was the one who said i don't think he's worth what you are asking.  Rodgers undercut it. Alli was a liverpool fan and wanted to come here and took the piss.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9368 on: April 25, 2017, 04:53:33 pm »
They are not beyond us but all the briefings have said you can scratch them off if we dont get CL. The ultimate test for FSG will be if they go above and beyond to get Klopp's first choices even without CL but I very much doubt the club will do that according to their briefings.

Well, if they don't pull it together this summer, they are going to face a seriously mistrustful and frustrated fanbase. And they know that. Now they've taken the step of getting a top manager, they are under massive pressure to get him the players he needs to do the job. If they go half-assed on it again, I have absolutely no idea what their strategy actually is, beyond "get a really good coach and hope he can beat the odds". You have to give the man the players, whether we get CL or not. I still think we'll get 4th though, and then they really will have no excuses.

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #9369 on: April 25, 2017, 04:57:21 pm »

If we don't get CL this year then we need klopp to perform a miracle in the transfer market and then next season if rumours are true that his plans depend on CL, which we can still get yet.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9370 on: April 25, 2017, 05:02:05 pm »
I think essentially what people are saying is they're gonna scan a few newspapers and websites, try and form their own idea of who the managers number one targets are and then potentially moan if we don't sign those players.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9371 on: April 25, 2017, 05:35:10 pm »
I think the club through their most trusted people in the media have made it pretty clear who Klopp's number one targets are this summer. Unless it's all just one big smoke screen that is.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9372 on: April 25, 2017, 05:42:02 pm »
I think the club through their most trusted people in the media have made it pretty clear who Klopp's number one targets are this summer. Unless it's all just one big smoke screen that is.

Aye, that's the point though.

It was seemingly made pretty clear that Mario Gotze was our number one target, and it was a desperate stretch to get him. And because we couldn't, we settled on Sadio Mane. I mean seriously, does that look like a bad decision now? Are we bemoaning that now?

Clearly, its better we get the managers first choices. Clearly. But at the same time, sometimes that's not possible. If Brandt is given the option of signing for us or for Bayern Munich, and he decides on them, then frankly that really isn't something to slag the owners for. If we then go and get a '2nd choice' who performs superbly for us, its not a big deal.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9373 on: April 25, 2017, 05:50:44 pm »
I think essentially what people are saying is they're gonna scan a few newspapers and websites, try and form their own idea of who the managers number one targets are and then potentially moan if we don't sign those players.

We can definitely sign good players even if we miss out on first choices. There are loads of good players out there. You wonder then why the club puts the caveat of Champions League in all their briefings.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9374 on: April 25, 2017, 05:52:43 pm »
Aye, that's the point though.

It was seemingly made pretty clear that Mario Gotze was our number one target, and it was a desperate stretch to get him. And because we couldn't, we settled on Sadio Mane. I mean seriously, does that look like a bad decision now? Are we bemoaning that now?

Clearly, its better we get the managers first choices. Clearly. But at the same time, sometimes that's not possible. If Brandt is given the option of signing for us or for Bayern Munich, and he decides on them, then frankly that really isn't something to slag the owners for. If we then go and get a '2nd choice' who performs superbly for us, its not a big deal.

You know what mate. If we make a genuine attempt to bring in these 1st choice targets that have been widely reported and we fail. I can live with that. It's just that from the sounds coming out of the club through James Pearce, they aren't even going to try to sign them if we fail to qualify for the CL. I think the words he used was something like "It will be IMPOSSIBLE to bring in our number one targets should we fail to qualify for the CL". That sounds to me like they aren't in the slightest bit interested in going that extra mile to try and sign these players Klopp wants if we don't have CL football.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:54:19 pm by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline joe ®

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9375 on: April 25, 2017, 05:54:06 pm »
Well, if they don't pull it together this summer, they are going to face a seriously mistrustful and frustrated fanbase. And they know that. Now they've taken the step of getting a top manager, they are under massive pressure to get him the players he needs to do the job. If they go half-assed on it again, I have absolutely no idea what their strategy actually is, beyond "get a really good coach and hope he can beat the odds". You have to give the man the players, whether we get CL or not. I still think we'll get 4th though, and then they really will have no excuses.

Of course they will, they'll want us to win the play-off and qualify for the group stages before they stick their hands in their pocket.

If we'd've got *third*, then yeah. No excuses.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9376 on: April 25, 2017, 05:57:20 pm »
We can definitely sign good players even if we miss out on first choices. There are loads of good players out there. You wonder then why the club puts the caveat of Champions League in all their briefings.

Meh, it doesn't really bother me.

Its just shit media management, its nothing new. I fucking cringe the day after we drop points because without fail we get Mignolet, or Can, or Klavan saying how we know what we need to do to improve, how we're going to improve, how we'll be great with Lallana back. Or if we win we get interviews about how we'll go on a run, now we know what to do to carry this run on. Just shut the fuck up.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9377 on: April 25, 2017, 06:20:37 pm »
Honestly mate you're pissing into the wind with this one.

Not one person who is clearly unhappy with FSG as owners is prepared to actually say what they're doing to do about it. So it does generally just boil down to bluster on a forum.

Does handing in 4 hospitality season tickets count ?

Going out of europe and jacking up the prices 50 % doesn't really fly
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9378 on: April 25, 2017, 06:28:30 pm »
Does handing in 4 hospitality season tickets count ?

Going out of europe and jacking up the prices 50 % doesn't really fly

Absolutely Johnny  :champ

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9379 on: April 25, 2017, 06:36:15 pm »
Absolutely Johnny  :champ

Thanks mate, capitalism at its best..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9380 on: April 25, 2017, 08:50:51 pm »
Impressive bit of PR by FSG by throwing out rumours that we're in for Van Dijk. Throw the fans off scent.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9381 on: April 25, 2017, 09:10:51 pm »
Impressive bit of PR by FSG by throwing out rumours that we're in for Van Dijk. Throw the fans off scent.

...with the caveat that he only comes if we get Champions League.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9382 on: April 25, 2017, 09:52:18 pm »
To be honest, the likes of us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City will all be after him. It is not like he'll not have options.The problem I can see is that we seem more than most clubs to have a certain type of social media fan that will moan endlessly if he doesn't join. I'm talking about the type who read "linked with" equating with "definitely signing," as well as the "I'll retweet link from any shite source as it fits with my confirmation bias of who I want coming here" type.

As have others have said you only need to look at the bullet we dodged by not getting Götze to see that not  every first choice transfer is an immediate success. The Mané transfer got plenty of shit on forums and Twitter from probably the same posters who think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread now
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:55:24 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9383 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:00 pm »
Doesn't mean the approach is wrong. Maybe our execution of it has been shite. Maybe we've learnt some lessons and are getting better at it. The appointment of a world class manager, the transfer dealings since he was appointed and the clear progress in the league this year all make me optimistic that is the case.

One other item I will throw out to be debated. How many years before the U23s can move into regular 1st team football? Is this a transitioning period for the Academy to fill holes in the first team? Maybe they don't bring in as my world class super stars as they are planning on the youth. A thread on another website a poster said this team isn't ready for the CL and that he would rather see the team in EC and continue progressing. Getting into the CL would allow for some top players to be purchased, but would they stay long term if things didn't go well? 

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9384 on: April 25, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »
To be honest, the likes of us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City will all be after him. It is not like he'll not have options.The problem I can see is that we seem more than most clubs to have a certain type of social media fan that will moan endlessly if he doesn't join. I'm talking about the type who read "linked with" equating with "definitely signing," as well as the "I'll retweet link from any shite source as it fits with my confirmation bias of who I want coming here" type.

As have others have said you only need to look at the bullet we dodged by not getting Götze to see that not  every first choice transfer is an immediate success. The Mané transfer got plenty of shit on forums and Twitter from probably the same posters who think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread now

Indeed. Also doesn't he have a bit of a dodgy ankle? Seems to have been out for ages.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9385 on: April 25, 2017, 10:06:47 pm »
Don't want to turn this into a transfer thread but honestly, with all the fuss about Van Dijk and the competition for his signature, I think we'd better go for someone like Manolas.

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #9386 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:03 pm »
We're not gonna get Van Dijk. Do you really see us paying 50mil for anyone let alone a CB? This is the PR machine in full spin.

And let's assume the targets discussed in the Twitter sphere are genuine. What's the club playing at in feeding info on our targets to the press anyway? Or is this a way to divert attention from our real targets. I'd like to think the latter but I don't think Edwards is smart enough to play along.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9387 on: April 25, 2017, 10:40:41 pm »
We're not gonna get Van Dijk. Do you really see us paying 50mil for anyone let alone a CB? This is the PR machine in full spin.

And let's assume the targets discussed in the Twitter sphere are genuine. What's the club playing at in feeding info on our targets to the press anyway? Or is this a way to divert attention from our real targets. I'd like to think the latter but I don't think Edwards is smart enough to play along.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Its a case of 'this is what you could have won'. All the articles have said we will try to sign these players if we get Champions League. Maybe they are giving the carrot to Klopp through the press.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9388 on: April 25, 2017, 10:44:14 pm »
Indeed. Also doesn't he have a bit of a dodgy ankle? Seems to have been out for ages.
he picked up one injury that's kept him out since January
Sakho will be going the other way for a fairly decent wedge if this happened, no doubt
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9389 on: April 25, 2017, 10:47:06 pm »
Sakho will be going the other way for a fairly decent wedge if this happened, no doubt

What is this based on though? Do they definitely want him and if so are they even willing to match our asking price regardless? They aren't really a side who spend massive fees on their players, even when they receive large fees from selling. Isn't their record signing something like £15 million and our asking price for sakho apparently double that?

The chances of this all too convenient swap deal scenario seem so slim

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #9390 on: April 25, 2017, 10:52:48 pm »
One league cup since these arrived, I am beginning to grow impatient. Love Klopp though, he has all my support.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9391 on: April 25, 2017, 10:58:27 pm »
What is this based on though? Do they definitely want him and if so are they even willing to match our asking price regardless? They aren't really a side who spend massive fees on their players, even when they receive large fees from selling. Isn't their record signing something like £15 million and our asking price for sakho apparently double that?

The chances of this all too convenient swap deal scenario seem so slim
Apparently they do want him, who knows though.

One league cup since these arrived, I am beginning to grow impatient. Love Klopp though, he has all my support.
We have come close multiple times though, and we've had to start again recently, after sacking Rodgers. I've said it before but we could have won a bit more if things had gone our way (penalties against City, final against Sevilla and us getting a pen+Sakho playing, Carroll's header against Chelsea being inches from going over the line and taking us level). I think success comes if we back Klopp properly.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #9392 on: April 25, 2017, 11:09:05 pm »
We have come close multiple times though, and we've had to start again recently, after sacking Rodgers. I've said it before but we could have won a bit more if things had gone our way (penalties against City, final against Sevilla and us getting a pen+Sakho playing, Carroll's header against Chelsea being inches from going over the line and taking us level). I think success comes if we back Klopp properly.

That is true mate, imagine if any of these finals would have fallen our way... makes one think that we really need to back our world class manager. Back him 100% - fans and owners.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9393 on: April 25, 2017, 11:18:46 pm »
Well today we have been linked with costa, kieta and van djik now add sessegnon and the anfield road stand to that and that would do me, if only aye.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9394 on: April 25, 2017, 11:22:41 pm »
Well today we have been linked with costa, kieta and van djik now add sessegnon and the anfield road stand to that and that would do me, if only aye.

:lmao

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9395 on: April 25, 2017, 11:29:14 pm »
:lmao

Exactly, but it's nice to dream before we end up with someone From hull someone from Burnley and another 4th choice.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9396 on: April 25, 2017, 11:31:46 pm »
Don't want to turn this into a transfer thread but honestly, with all the fuss about Van Dijk and the competition for his signature, I think we'd better go for someone like Manolas.

What ever happened to football scouts? Paying 50m for a CB should be left to the fools with all their money elsewhere. He hasn't done anything to suggest he is worthy of that fee other than do OK for Southampton....which seems to be the benchmark.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9397 on: April 26, 2017, 05:35:00 am »

I wish people like Pearce and Joyce would just shut the fuck up with regards to who we're going to sign in the summer(only if we get CL football mind you). It's oh so very Everton.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9398 on: April 26, 2017, 05:45:01 am »

In the last 27 years we've gone from title winners, to being a good cup team, to being nearly men in cup finals and a mid-table premiership side.

I'm really not likening this downward trend we've been on. And if we're not careful, if we don't start backing our manager properly, we won't be getting anywhere near cup finals. Never mind challenging for the title or finishing top 4.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9399 on: April 26, 2017, 07:01:47 am »
In the last 27 years we've gone from title winners, to being a good cup team, to being nearly men in cup finals and a mid-table premiership side.

I'm really not likening this downward trend we've been on. And if we're not careful, if we don't start backing our manager properly, we won't be getting anywhere near cup finals. Never mind challenging for the title or finishing top 4.

It's as if there is some correlation between winning at professional sports and investing properly on the field of play. Who knew? I really don't get the "we could have won this or that" mentality. We didn't and a big part of that is down to us not being good enough in some way, not bad luck as some are suggesting.