Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3304667 times)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16200 on: March 22, 2017, 11:21:23 pm »
Ghana, the various Guineas, the Guyanas ... I'm not surprised they were getting mixed up.  I assume 'Guinea' must mean something like '-land'?

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16201 on: March 22, 2017, 11:41:34 pm »
Is anyone else unable to read the full show descriptions on Pocket Casts? Minor annoyance but it drives me up the wall!
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #16202 on: March 22, 2017, 11:44:22 pm »
Is anyone else unable to read the full show descriptions on Pocket Casts? Minor annoyance but it drives me up the wall!

Pocket casts is shite mate, got to be honest.

By far the one we have most problems with.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #16203 on: March 23, 2017, 12:46:02 pm »
Lol at the Echo for the Xabi Alonso interview. Monkey see, monkey do...
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16204 on: March 23, 2017, 02:32:28 pm »

I've unfollowed them, far too much shitty clickbait garbage
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16205 on: March 23, 2017, 04:02:40 pm »
None of my business really, And, but some of the preambles on the pod descriptions are often too long on Podcast Addict also and they cut off before you can find out who is on a pod and what the content of the pod will be.

SEO mate
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16206 on: March 23, 2017, 08:57:45 pm »
True. But TAW has been even better recently, which suggests they're responding to the competition in the correct way.

Offline fintanmar

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16207 on: March 24, 2017, 09:15:08 am »
Loved the Xabi interview.

Great work guys

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #16208 on: March 24, 2017, 10:03:12 am »
Totally agree with Steve Graves on Cantona. So overrated. Never managed 20 league goals despite playing up front for the best team in a dreadful league and taking pens.

With Ferguson and the class of 92, United would have won all those league titles whether they'd signed him or not.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16209 on: March 24, 2017, 10:15:40 am »
Totally agree with Steve Graves on Cantona. So overrated. Never managed 20 league goals despite playing up front for the best team in a dreadful league and taking pens.

With Ferguson and the class of 92, United would have won all those league titles whether they'd signed him or not.

Think the 95/96 season is what makes people (not me!) rate him highly. Felt like the bastard scored a lot of important goals in that run in although you could just as easily argue they won the League through their defence that year as I think they went on a run of 1-0 wins in that time,  bit like in 08/09.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16210 on: March 24, 2017, 01:27:29 pm »
Neil Docking is so fucking good.  Ban This Filth is my favourite show when he's on it.  Glad the Echo haven't banned him appearing on it, if that's even within their power to do.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #16211 on: March 24, 2017, 02:37:27 pm »
Would it be possible to give this a shout to raise awareness?

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334939.80;topicseen
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16212 on: March 24, 2017, 09:45:34 pm »
So, it's just me that got a previous version of Ban This Filth this week?  My download is the one which had Guttmann on and the topics were worst World Cup, worst song and something about media coverage of football (bad camera angles for penalties, too much focus on controversies rather than tactics).  I think there was a reference to it being recorded after the Manchester United game.

Yes Andy, I have Pocket Casts, so it could be that.

Sounds like I missed a good one!

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #16213 on: March 28, 2017, 12:14:09 am »
So, it's just me that got a previous version of Ban This Filth this week?  My download is the one which had Guttmann on and the topics were worst World Cup, worst song and something about media coverage of football (bad camera angles for penalties, too much focus on controversies rather than tactics).  I think there was a reference to it being recorded after the Manchester United game.

Yes Andy, I have Pocket Casts, so it could be that.

Sounds like I missed a good one!

I had the wrong one first time around too. They fixed it later on, if you go back and have another look it should be there.

Luis Garcia: Neil is a great presenter and contributor but not the best interviewer. Talked too much rather than letting LG tell his own story. Interrupted him a fair few times as well.
DAMMIT!

Offline Homo rubrum

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Knock it and run, son.
« Reply #16214 on: March 28, 2017, 12:29:38 am »
Luis Garcia: Neil is a great presenter and contributor but not the best interviewer. Talked too much rather than letting LG tell his own story. Interrupted him a fair few times as well.

Huh, I was just going to say how much I appreciated the direction he took the interview, given how easy it would have been to give it the "Sangria and Istanbul, eh, Luis?" Opinions and all that.
That being said, I've really enjoyed all the differing approaches from the contributors to interviews they each do, keeps the tone varied. 
And if you can do it all with a proud boner, then why the hell not?

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16215 on: March 28, 2017, 06:32:24 am »
Carra mentioned it and then Alonso hinted at it as well in his interview - what a great addition in a Sporting director type role he could be for us. Let him have a bit of time off and then put him to work attracting the best talent in Europe.

Two great interviews (as was the Garcia one).

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #16216 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:55 am »
Think Neil is a great interviewer. Think he`s able to be impulsive and react well to answers. The interviews are never static.   

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16217 on: March 28, 2017, 09:59:05 am »
OK, have to register my huge disappointment that after two great interviews with Garcia and Alonso that when it comes to Wildcard sausages there's not even a mention of Chorizo  ;)
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16218 on: March 28, 2017, 01:36:07 pm »
The main show this week is a 90 minute plus chat about our goalies with ACTUAL opinion from REAL EXPERTS.

No fake news ere

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #16219 on: March 28, 2017, 08:06:58 pm »
I would just like to say how much I enjoyed Ben Johnson & Adam Melia on Wildcards.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16220 on: March 28, 2017, 08:49:25 pm »
OK, have to register my huge disappointment that after two great interviews with Garcia and Alonso that when it comes to Wildcard sausages there's not even a mention of Chorizo  ;)

Agreed.  The chorizo, saucisson, salami Southern European style sausage was by-passed all together.  However I do agree with Neil that England lead the world in sausages.  There was also no mention of the traditional banger being chopped up and served with pasta, a more than acceptable carb to eat your sausage with.  And while Ben Johnson is a funny bloke and adds a great deal to many shows, his views on mashed potato are flat out bonkers and need to be challenged by the other panel members much more strongly.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #16221 on: March 28, 2017, 09:01:22 pm »
The main show this week is a 90 minute plus chat about our goalies with ACTUAL opinion from REAL EXPERTS.

No fake news ere
Sad  :-[
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16222 on: March 28, 2017, 10:27:55 pm »
Agreed.  The chorizo, saucisson, salami Southern European style sausage was by-passed all together.  However I do agree with Neil that England lead the world in sausages.  There was also no mention of the traditional banger being chopped up and served with pasta, a more than acceptable carb to eat your sausage with.  And while Ben Johnson is a funny bloke and adds a great deal to many shows, his views on mashed potato are flat out bonkers and need to be challenged by the other panel members much more strongly.

Nothing beats Irish sausages or pudding! :D

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #16223 on: March 29, 2017, 05:06:37 am »
The chat about goalkeepers was brilliant.
So well structured and thought out.
Nice to hear some expert opinions and learn a bit about our young 'keepers.
Well done!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #16224 on: March 29, 2017, 10:40:39 am »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16225 on: March 29, 2017, 10:47:27 am »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16226 on: March 29, 2017, 05:19:39 pm »
Good Lord, a new WWCH.  I thought we'd had all we were getting for the year.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #16227 on: March 29, 2017, 09:36:57 pm »
Good Lord, a new WWCH.  I thought we'd had all we were getting for the year.

We got as far as the Super Cup, so I'm estimating a 13-parter here.

Ian Salmon on Unwrapped spoke nothing but truth.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16228 on: March 29, 2017, 09:51:24 pm »
The inevitable end-point is a WWCH that has more episodes than the season during which it is being recorded.  I fully support this, I should make clear.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:53:21 pm by Iska »

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #16229 on: March 29, 2017, 10:26:50 pm »
The chat about goalkeepers was brilliant.
So well structured and thought out.
Nice to hear some expert opinions and learn a bit about our young 'keepers.
Well done!
Enjoyed it too.
Just wanted them to ask about Achterberg's influence - positive or negative - we, outside the goalkeeping fraternity have no idea about his relationship with the keepers.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16230 on: March 29, 2017, 11:08:57 pm »
Enjoyed it too.
Just wanted them to ask about Achterberg's influence - positive or negative - we, outside the goalkeeping fraternity have no idea about his relationship with the keepers.

I've always thought if he was no good one of the 4 managers he'd have worked for would've gotten rid, its not like the club haven't spent a small fortune on sacking managers and their backroom staff the past 7 years.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #16231 on: March 30, 2017, 06:23:58 am »
I've always thought if he was no good one of the 4 managers he'd have worked for would've gotten rid, its not like the club haven't spent a small fortune on sacking managers and their backroom staff the past 7 years.
Agree.

But none of us know. There was some interesting points made about psychology and father figures and it would have been helpful to hear people in the knows thoughts about Achterberg's influence/performance/ability to stop all the guesswork we regularly get.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16232 on: March 30, 2017, 08:41:17 am »
Agree.

But none of us know. There was some interesting points made about psychology and father figures and it would have been helpful to hear people in the knows thoughts about Achterberg's influence/performance/ability to stop all the guesswork we regularly get.

But talking about that without resorting to guesswork would be impossible, that's why I swerved it.

I've got my own opinion, but it's hardly qualified.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16233 on: March 30, 2017, 11:32:16 am »
Looking forward to the 05/06 WWCH - such an enjoyable season. But, please, don't preface these things by making us come to terms with how long ago they were!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16234 on: April 2, 2017, 08:56:45 am »
The Pink was just like a normal show. Would have preferred a lot more shouting, and generally pointing out what a bunch of shithouses the Ev are.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16235 on: April 2, 2017, 09:14:39 am »
The Pink was just like a normal show. Would have preferred a lot more shouting, and generally pointing out what a bunch of shithouses the Ev are.

Oh that's on it's way, and plenty of it.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16236 on: April 2, 2017, 09:21:59 am »
;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16237 on: April 2, 2017, 09:28:31 am »
Excellent :)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16238 on: April 2, 2017, 10:30:53 am »

Do a special on Robles. His responses on 2 of the goals yesterday was like one of us was thrown straight away to that level of footy.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16239 on: April 2, 2017, 11:30:50 am »
Robbo on BT sports yesterday. His opening line was - "Everton haven't won at Anfield since 1999". Good lad! ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_sJFqb5vf4

8:45 mins onwards.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”