Author Topic: Dani Pacheco  (Read 210031 times)

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dani Pacheco...
« Reply #280 on: July 15, 2013, 10:31:39 am »
Going on the tour. Good luck to him...

@dani37pacheco
Good morning. Double session today before traveling to Jakarta tomorrow. Lets go. YNWA
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #281 on: July 15, 2013, 10:37:40 am »
Still a Liverpool player?

Fuck me, I am out of touch.

Offline swordfishtrombone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2013, 11:13:49 am »
Going on the tour. Good luck to him...

@dani37pacheco
Good morning. Double session today before traveling to Jakarta tomorrow. Lets go. YNWA

Lunch AND dinner!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: July 15, 2013, 11:45:06 am »
The problem with this thread is the title.  Make it the Incredible Dani Pachecho and we may stand a chance of selling him. It's such a shame because he seems a good guy and seems to genuinely like the club but unfortunately that's not enough.  He simply doesn't offer anywhere near enough on the pitch.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #284 on: July 15, 2013, 11:52:03 am »
The problem with this thread is the title.  Make it the Incredible Dani Pachecho and we may stand a chance of selling him. It's such a shame because he seems a good guy and seems to genuinely like the club but unfortunately that's not enough.  He simply doesn't offer anywhere near enough on the pitch.
But is he a technician?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: July 15, 2013, 11:56:01 am »
But is he a technician?
yes but not an extreme one !

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: July 15, 2013, 12:00:27 pm »

He's never had the chance in all honesty.

*Opens a can of worms*

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #287 on: July 15, 2013, 12:53:42 pm »
Another season for the lad to rot in the reserves.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #288 on: July 15, 2013, 12:59:39 pm »
Glad he's off on tour. Deserves a shot. Never done nothing wrong in a Liverpool shirt. Could be a late developer. Still onlyyoung and can play anywhere from midfield to the forward line.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: July 15, 2013, 01:43:28 pm »
He went on tour last year and that didn't help his chances.  Sadly for all, I think it will be another season of reserve team football before a loan to some Spanish side in the segunda. 

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #290 on: July 15, 2013, 02:15:43 pm »
I think hes another Brad jones, happy to wait out his chance as long as hes a member of the LFC family.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: July 15, 2013, 02:21:26 pm »
He's never had the chance in all honesty.

*Opens a can of worms*

is the case also with a few others.
coates for instance.

pacheco clearly has added something to his game....thats awareness.
his chance when he picked up the loose ball abd nutmeggged a player to then slightly overun it the other day was down to excellent reading and anticipation.

also i noticed in the second half side they didnt press for the sake of pressing....the covered options very well...dani played his part in that.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Dani Pacheco
« Reply #292 on: July 15, 2013, 03:59:29 pm »
The problem with this thread is the title. 
Indeed. I have now removed the superfluous ellipsis.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: July 15, 2013, 04:01:46 pm »
Still a Liverpool player?

Fuck me, I am out of touch.
I thought he was gone also.  Don't know if he is going to be given another year but obviously, this is it for him.  Gotta do something this season - I just can't see it happening. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #294 on: July 15, 2013, 04:32:46 pm »
And yet Jay Spearing went to Bolton on loan last season, won their player of the year award, but you cannot wait to kick him out of the club.

Jay Spearing doesn't suit Rodgers' style of play and has nowhere near the level of ability of Pacheco.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: July 15, 2013, 04:36:06 pm »
He won't look out of place because he suits his style of play down to a tee. Look at Shelvey at Stoke or Joe Cole against Swansea last season. It's an insult to Pacheco to suggest he couldn't do a lot better than that level of utter dross.

Not really, he was absymal v Anzhi and not much better v Young Boys (the game the apparently useless Shelvey had to come on and win for us).

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #296 on: July 15, 2013, 04:37:50 pm »
Not really, he was absymal v Anzhi and not much better v Young Boys (the game the apparently useless Shelvey had to come on and win for us).

Pacheco was abysmal vs Anzhi and almost abysmal vs Young Boys.

Abysmal and not much better than abysmal.

Ok.

He came on as a substitute for Morgan with about half-an-hour to play. Abysmal seems a bit harsh.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:47:44 pm by GrkStav »
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: July 15, 2013, 04:39:32 pm »

He got flown over to Anzhi last minute after running his heart out for 90 minutes a couple of days earlier at Wolves in a reserve game. He got 25 minutes in a game where we were doing nothing going forward.

At Young Boys he was used as a centre forward which isn't his position. If he got the chances Cole or Shelvey got last season he'd have done an overall better job because he'd have suited the team and system far better. Cole was largely hopeless and Shelvey was mostly terrible after that United red card.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:41:13 pm by Fromola »

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: July 15, 2013, 04:43:12 pm »
He got flown over to Anzhi last minute after running his heart out for 90 minutes a couple of days earlier at Wolves in a reserve game. He got 25 minutes in a game where we were doing nothing going forward.

Always an excuse. You're happy to have a go at others for bad substitute appearances.

At Young Boys he was used as a centre forward which isn't his position.

Yet you were complaining the other day Ngog got games instead of him. So can he play upfront or not?

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: July 15, 2013, 04:53:06 pm »
Pacheco can do a better job as ST than Ngog can do as CAM, LW, RW or CM. And I liked Ngog quite a bit.

And, as it turned out, Shelvey who was preferred as a 'false nine' in the absence of Suarez did not perform particularly well in the role.

In any case, if/when Pacheco goes out on loan again or is sold, it will not be a disaster.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2013, 04:54:25 pm »
There's a difference between "excuses" and "explanations". Dismissing explanations by branding them excuses is a bit lame.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2013, 05:00:46 pm »
There's a difference between "excuses" and "explanations". Dismissing explanations by branding them excuses is a bit lame.

I dont think you're in any position to say that given the absolute bile you've written about Kenny Dalglish on here.

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »
I've just been schooled by PoP in another thread as to what Pacheco's main weakness/problem is: inconsistency of attention and application, fading in and out of games.

Now, that's the kind of explanation that I can take on board.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2013, 05:04:20 pm »
Yet you were complaining the other day Ngog got games instead of him. So can he play upfront or not?

Ngog played mostly with someone up with him. Pacheco would be a better option if he had someone like Torres alongside him, or playing off him like Ngog mostly did.

He very rarely got that kind of opportunity.

Offline Fusiena

• Kemlynite
« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2013, 05:09:59 pm »
If Allen and Borini is where near the pitch, I believe Pacheco is more than capable of improving our team. you are those who think a player crossing 20yrs should be axed from the team whiles given apraisal to the same quality of player sign from some where. Pacheco is far technical better player than Borini and Allen whom most of you believes they are improving our team, please stop the sticks and give the guy what he deserves.

Offline Fusiena

• Kemlynite
« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2013, 05:12:08 pm »
If Allen and Borini is where near the pitch, I believe Pacheco is more than capable of improving our team. you are those who think a player crossing 20yrs should be axed from the team whiles given apraisal to the same quality of player sign from some where. Pacheco is far technical better player than Borini and Allen whom most of you believes they are improving our team, please stop the sticks and give the guy what he deserves.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »

Even as a pisstake that doesn't work mate.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2013, 05:16:45 pm »
The thing with Dani is 4 Liverpool managers have looked at him, he has also played under 3 managers at other clubs, but nobody seems to really rate him that highly.  When he has played he has looked decent enough, perhaps there is something about how he trains, or how he is about the place, that puts them off.  A bit similar to Assaidi in a way, i.e. the manager(s) see something that puts them off that the fans are not seeing.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2013, 05:20:17 pm »

Typical, let's criticise other players who have nothing to do with Pacheco in order to try and big him up.  We saw him for 45 minutes on the weekend, Rodgers and the other Liverpool managers that Pacheco has played under see him everyday in training and he clearly hasn't convinced them that he can improve our team.  He's a decent player but one who is at a crossroads in his career, let's just see how the summer plays out for him and whether he finally forces himself into contention for us or convinces another club to give him an opportunity elsewhere.

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2013, 05:26:59 pm »
I dont think you're in any position to say that given the absolute bile you've written about Kenny Dalglish on here.

Can you elaborate please? You seem to think that saying so is enough.

What "absolute bile" have I written about Kenny Dalglish on here?

Is it or is it not the case that Kenny Dalglish chose to deploy Downing repeatedly over Maxi Rodriguez? Is it or is it not factually correct that he introduced Downing as a substitute shortly after and/or shortly before taking Andy Carroll out of the game?

Is it or is it not factually correct that Kenny Dalglish at the very least did not veto paying 35 million quid for an injured Andy Carroll?

In any case, Kenny Dalglish is so (rightly) firmly ensconced as a Liverpool FC legend, as a player and manager, that neither what you claim is "the absolute bile" that I have written about him on here, nor your over-the-top defense of him matter one iota.

Finally, even if what you had said was accurate, which it is not, the statements that excuses and explanations differ in kind, and that dismissing the latter by calling them the former is a bit lame, would (and actually are) still be true.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2013, 05:31:45 pm »
Thing is with Pacheco though, clearly the management know something we don't.

Is he really that much worse than Sterling, Suso, Ibe and even that Sinclair, the 16 year old one who played last season in the cup? I don't understand it, would really like him to be an option behind Coutinho/the CAM and the front 3.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2013, 05:34:58 pm »
Would let dani go to another club
He won't make it at lfc

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2013, 05:39:44 pm »
Can you elaborate please? You seem to think that saying so is enough.

What "absolute bile" have I written about Kenny Dalglish on here?

Is it or is it not the case that Kenny Dalglish chose to deploy Downing repeatedly over Maxi Rodriguez? Is it or is it not factually correct that he introduced Downing as a substitute shortly after and/or shortly before taking Andy Carroll out of the game?

Is it or is it not factually correct that Kenny Dalglish at the very least did not veto paying 35 million quid for an injured Andy Carroll?

In any case, Kenny Dalglish is so (rightly) firmly ensconced as a Liverpool FC legend, as a player and manager, that neither what you claim is "the absolute bile" that I have written about him on here, nor your over-the-top defense of him matter one iota.

Finally, even if what you had said was accurate, which it is not, the statements that excuses and explanations differ in kind, and that dismissing the latter by calling them the former is a bit lame, would (and actually are) still be true.

Kenny favoured British players and Hodgson favoured dour football. Up to now Pacheco has been a victim of circumstance and in the wrong place at the wrong time, with inferior players ahead of him in the side under at the least the last three managers. He's had bad luck, and you thought Rodgers coming in might have been the boost he needed but it still hasn't happened for him.

It's a shame because had he stayed at Barca his career would have probably turned out a lot better and he could have got chances like Tello in their first team.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2013, 05:42:11 pm »

So good shit you had to post it twice!

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2013, 05:55:26 pm »
Kenny favoured British players and Hodgson favoured dour football. Up to now Pacheco has been a victim of circumstance and in the wrong place at the wrong time, with inferior players ahead of him in the side under at the least the last three managers. He's had bad luck, and you thought Rodgers coming in might have been the boost he needed but it still hasn't happened for him.

It's a shame because had he stayed at Barca his career would have probably turned out a lot better and he could have got chances like Tello in their first team.

Wow, some Illuminati-level shit... Or maybe he just isnt THAT good.
Also, feel free to add the Rayo and Huesca managers to the list of those who have contributed to make the lad a "victim of circumstances".

I think Pacheco has some qualities, and I think he'll go on to have a fine career, but I just can't see him getting to a prominent role here. Also, don't get me wrong mate, but it's admirable to see you sternly defending one of our players, considering how you routinely bash often nitpick about other players.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: July 15, 2013, 06:00:31 pm »
Wow, some Illuminati-level shit... Or maybe he just isnt THAT good.
Also, feel free to add the Rayo and Huesca managers to the list of those who have contributed to make the lad a "victim of circumstances".

I think Pacheco has some qualities, and I think he'll go on to have a fine career, but I just can't see him getting to a prominent role here. Also, don't get me wrong mate, but it's admirable to see you sternly defending one of our players, considering how you routinely bash often nitpick about other players.

I stick up for players who I don't believe get a fair crack of the whip, or are undervalued. I've met Pacheco a couple of times, and would know him to talk to. he's a cracking lad.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 15, 2013, 06:36:17 pm »
Disappointing how it all turned out for such a promising talent and I think he deserved more chances over the past 3 years, but as of right now I don't see him breaking into the team any time soon.

Offline csgreen

• Going through RAWK like a dose of Verucca Salts
  • Anny Roader
  • Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red.
« Reply #317 on: July 15, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »
The thing with Dani is 4 Liverpool managers have looked at him, he has also played under 3 managers at other clubs, but nobody seems to really rate him that highly.  When he has played he has looked decent enough, perhaps there is something about how he trains, or how he is about the place, that puts them off.  A bit similar to Assaidi in a way, i.e. the manager(s) see something that puts them off that the fans are not seeing.

I've just been schooled by PoP in another thread as to what Pacheco's main weakness/problem is: inconsistency of attention and application, fading in and out of games.

Now, that's the kind of explanation that I can take on board.

I wonder if these two quotes are related by a third variable - that most of us only get to watch the games on TV.  I've consistently felt the same as the first quote - somewhat confused by the fact that 7+ managers have passed Pacheco over for players that were quite frankly, in many cases, utter dreck - particularly when Pacheco never looked too bad when given half a chance.  However, given PoP's statement in the Stewart Downing thread that Pacheco has a tendency to "switch off" I realized how difficult it is to really assess the full game of a wing player given the way the game is shot for television.  When Pacheco is involved he's on camera and he looks fine.  But when he's uninvolved he's often off camera and it's thus impossible for a home viewer to know what the hell he's doing.  Is he doing something useful to create space or opportunities?  Or is he standing around ball watching?     

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #318 on: July 15, 2013, 06:43:54 pm »
This thread is a load of Jake Bugg fans pretending it's everyone elses fault that he's not as good as Mozart.

He's just shit at music.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

« Reply #319 on: July 15, 2013, 06:52:47 pm »
Sigh. Dani boy I hope you don't read these sort of stuff about you not getting chances and think thats true. Next time you find yourself on the pitch do 10 times more than you've ever done.