Author Topic: LFC Revision 2016/17  (Read 40125 times)

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC Revision 2016/17
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2016, 08:36:02 pm »
Are the subservient lapdogs really proposing applauding on 77 minutes without viewing the entire breakdown?

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »
Fantastic stuff. Well done.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2016, 08:36:45 pm »
Permit me to play devil's advocate but the club not earning any more from the matchday income is likely to result in reduced spending on the playing staff.  Of course, footballers are greedy bastards so we can't expect the team to be a bunch of superstards if we can't, won't or don't pay superstar prices!

Ergo, don't complain about the team being shit!

They will earn more from the match day income I think. Doesn't this mean that they won't earn extra income from the seats that are already there but the extra income will come from the extra seats?

Though individual ticket prices may move marginally from this season, we are freezing our 2016-17 GA ticket revenue at the 2015-16 level exclusive of newly-added seats in the new Main Stand.

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2016, 08:37:41 pm »
Good idea

John McMahon
‏@JohnMichaelMc

Maybe a round of applause on 77 minutes at the next home game? Respect goes both ways.

Who for?

The people who thought they'd be as well ignoring what they'd been told for 13 months, thinking SOS was a busted flush?

Make no mistake, that is what the PL, Ian Ayre and FSG thought. Never in a month of Sundays did they think our supporters would demonstrate in the numbers and with the anger they did on Saturday. In fact, hardly any of us involved in trying to build the ticket price campaign over the past three years thought we could deliver the blow that the walk out landed on the football cartel on Saturday.

So, while FSG deserve credit for not trying to engage in what would have been a damaging battle for all parties, please believe those of us that have stared into the whites of the PL's, LFC's & FSG's eyes over the years when we say they have only backed down out of fear of humiliating defeat not out of benevolence. LFC was one of the clubs that blocked the away ticket price cap. LFC has refused to enter into reciprocal away ticketing arrangements. LFC thought they were over the hill and far away, only to get dragged right back into the scouse maelstrom they thought they'd diluted out of existence this past five years.

Great to see the club lackeys, who'd virtually disappeared from view on here after Saturday, throwing bouquets in FSG's direction though, when it was FSG who caused all this through disregarding everything SOS, SK1906 and the LFC SC has been telling them for over a year.

And kudos to Harinder. Probably the best piece of work seen on here in recent times.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:00 pm »
Last week we had ticket prices that were too expensive.
This week we have them the same price but everyone feels like they've won.

Said before don't want to moan and have a go, but if it was too expensive 2 weeks ago it's still too expensive now, regardless of a rather crazy week.

Top marks to those who walked out. I have always said that if you have a problem and you are not able to sort it - indentify who can sort it and find a way to make it their problem. The 77 minute club done that in spades.

As for FSG this was a no brainer really. Once the protest grew traction they were never going to fight over 2 million. They have capitulated in style though, I will give them that. In the end they have turned a holy mess into a PR triumph.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Shambles.....with a capital S!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • In it for the long haul. Come on you Reds.
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:26 pm »
Are the subservient lapdogs really proposing applauding on 77 minutes without viewing the entire breakdown?

But we could at least back FSG and help reinforce a positive relationship with the fans?

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:52 pm »
It's a victory. Hopefully the first of many. Well in to all involved in organizing, and all who walked out.

FSG did the right thing. Sign of more to come? We'll have to wait and see. 
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2016, 08:39:15 pm »

Last week we had ticket prices that were too expensive.
This week we have them the same price but everyone feels like they've won.

Said before don't want to moan and have a go, but if it was too expensive 2 weeks ago it's still too expensive now, regardless of a rather crazy week.

Yes it is. Their reaction also shouldn't make us think that all's rosy and I'm sure it won't. They still are investors, after all.

They still deserve respect for listening, taking the issue seriosuly, re-thinking, admitting mistakes and actually going back on the price-rise.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2016, 08:39:36 pm »
Good idea

John McMahon
‏@JohnMichaelMc

Maybe a round of applause on 77 minutes at the next home game? Respect goes both ways.

Ha, I just had the same thought as him, I think it's a nice idea.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2016, 08:39:56 pm »
Any aul arses moving from the kop then pleeeeeeeeease?  ;)
Got really nice new seats and facilities and your mates can move with you. Take your pick of the seats.

Should have asked Saturday cos there was loads leaving on 77 mins...or don't they count?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2016, 08:40:25 pm »

Looks like it. Anyone thinking of applauding the owners should give their head a wobble.

This might not be as shit as last week's shit but it's still shit and yet you'd think that they'd offered to let everyone in free and throw in a pie as well.
Legacy fan

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2016, 08:41:07 pm »
Permit me to play devil's advocate but the club not earning any more from the matchday income is likely to result in reduced spending on the playing staff.  Of course, footballers are greedy bastards so we can't expect the team to be a bunch of superstards if we can't, won't or don't pay superstar prices!

We can't just keep giving into prices set by the club because we fear missing out on superstar signings though. Besides, Leicester have shown you don't need to sign superstars, you just need to sign the right players to suit your system.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2016, 08:41:16 pm »
Does this mean the A&C blocks in UAR have been scrapped?

Looks like it, on the new prices kids can get tickets in any stand  :)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:28 pm »
Looks like it, on the new prices kids can get tickets in any stand  :)

Would be very surprised if that makes it to the start of the season
Legacy fan

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:31 pm »
I'd be very surprised if the difference was enough to cover James Milners yearly salary never mind a new player.

15 weeks of ol' Milly!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:42 pm »
Should have asked Saturday cos there was loads leaving on 77 mins...or don't they count?

They all left on 74 ;) (j/k).

My post goes back to some points I made in the atmosphere thread that people choose the kop because of the price when really some (definitely not all) don't really have a massive desire to be in there. Cheaper alternatives give them the options now which is positive. (Well - bit more, but maybe swayed by better facilities, pick seats, etc).

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2016, 08:43:04 pm »
Who for?

The people who thought they'd be as well ignoring what they'd been told for 13 months, thinking SOS was a busted flush?

Make no mistake, that is what the PL, Ian Ayre and FSG thought. Never in a month of Sundays did they think our supporters would demonstrate in the numbers and with the anger they did on Saturday. In fact, hardly any of us involved in trying to build the ticket price campaign over the past three years thought we could deliver the blow that the walk out landed on the football cartel on Saturday.

So, while FSG deserve credit for not trying to engage in what would have been a damaging battle for all parties, please believe those of us that have stared into the whites of the PL's, LFC's & FSG's eyes over the years when we say they have only backed down out of fear of humiliating defeat not out of benevolence. LFC was one of the clubs that blocked the away ticket price cap. LFC has refused to enter into reciprocal away ticketing arrangements. LFC thought they were over the hill and far away, only to get dragged right back into the scouse maelstrom they thought they'd diluted out of existence this past five years.

Great to see the club lackeys, who'd virtually disappeared from view on here after Saturday, throwing bouquets in FSG's direction though, when it was FSG who caused all this through disregarding everything SOS, SK1906 and the LFC SC has been telling them for over a year.

And kudos to Harinder. Probably the best piece of work seen on here in recent times.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This.

We've had reversal of a ridiculous price hike nothing more.

Football at Anfield remains too expensive.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2016, 08:43:11 pm »

It's £2m. Simply removing Jose Enrique from the wage bill will bring in nearly double that.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2016, 08:43:16 pm »
I think the eagerness to 'congratulate ' FSG is premature...they are clever and had to come out with an act of contrition. they may think they will slow the momentum and growth, this must not be allowed, certainly by applauding Carpet Baggers for being found out!

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2016, 08:43:54 pm »
Who for?

Not all is rosy, obviously not. However, they did scrap the part of the price increases that would have made them money and done well for the youngsters. To pay 59 pounds for a league match against Watford is still too much, the away fans still get precious little reward for their loyal support, be it the travelling Kop or those in Anfield's away end. The job is not done, but eventually they did listen and managed to give it a positive PR spin for themselves too.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2016, 08:45:16 pm »
Well done lads.

Does this mean I have to go back to  eating from Subway?

Start with a 6 inch and see how you go.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:10 pm »
Graham, Jay, SOS, Spion Kop 1906... :wave

A doff of the cap your way.

With a freeze of two years on ticket pricing, you now have 2 more years of negotiating about ticket pricing and a "fair" policy for locals.

Before the week is out, i'll be renewing my SOS membership for 3 years...you'll need it.. :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:28 pm »
We've had reversal of a ridiculous price hike nothing more.

They haven't even reversed all the price hikes, just reduced some of them but they are still going up. Scrapping the categories means a lot of tickets will cost a lot more next season
Legacy fan

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2016, 08:49:56 pm »
They haven't even reversed all the price hikes, just reduced some of them but they are still going up. Scrapping the categories means a lot of tickets will cost a lot more next season

Looks like this is true. Pulling the wool over our eyes?
Surely they don't think we're that stupid. Be interesting to see what SOS have to say when this has been looked at properly.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2016, 08:51:05 pm »

Someone will need to do the full figures.
Someone did the 304/5/6 and it dropped by around £26 I think it was.

It will be interesting to see a breakdown for all areas. The £42 for kop 304/5/6 single price I'm not sure how that's worked out from the previous 3 categories and if the same formulae is used for all seats or some are closer to A prices and some C etc.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2016, 08:51:27 pm »
Great effort from those who organised the walk out, and those willing to take part. Proof that taking direct action works.

It's a step in the right direction, a waystation. Absolutely NO chance that prices will be cut until other teams follow suit - would be interesting to see if other teams follow suit from us. Although unsure who would really? The fact we're still the most expensive tickets outside of London is nothing for the club to be proud of though.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2016, 08:52:13 pm »
Still too expensive for me.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2016, 08:53:30 pm »
It's £2m. Simply removing Jose Enrique from the wage bill will bring in nearly double that.
An important point that....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline arhey

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2016, 08:54:05 pm »
Think the cat freeze depends on where your seat is eg in KOP 202 its frozen at C in Centenary  KN it's frozen at between A & B

KOP 202 2015/16 Cat C - £37
KOP 202 2016/17 - £37

KN -2015/16 Cat B - £51 Cat A £56
KN -2016/17 - £53

Edit: Corrected

It is about where you sit whether you individually are a winner or loser when it comes to tha categorisation change.

I'm generally in Main Stand, ME, front row. This season all games will cost me £ 1,031. That's 6 cat a games at £59= £354, 10 cat b at £53 = £530, 3 cat c at £49 = £147.

Next season I think my comparable seat will be L4, so all games at £59 = £1,121, an increase of £90 or just under a fiver more per game.

So I'm worse off. Strangely, enough I'd be better off under the first pricing structure if it meant I was able to get a season ticket (after I stupidly gave up mine in 90 when I got married for the first time) due to the extra available. But of course much worse off if I couldn't and had to pay around £70-£75 for each ticket as a member.

So I can live with the increase for me as it looks like a lot of other reds will be either better off or the same as is. Others may feel different.

I walked out on Saturday because the first proposed pricing structure felt obscene. I felt like I was being treated like a sucker not a fan. To my mind, the walkout was justified because as I say the increase felt obscene and a slap in the face. But high ticket prices are a bigger issue than just us, it's the case for pretty much every premier league club. I never thought the club was going to lower prices and I still don't but am happy to still support the fight moving forward, but hopefully now with other clubs involved and a more coordinated effort.

I will say that I've never thought of FSG as being in the same category as the last lot. I don't think they're quite as altruistic as their slick PR makes out, although I will give them credit for at least being smart enough to understand the underlying themes and soul of the club. Their response to this has been quick, it's been conciliatory, and it's been reasonably fair at first look, even if there are some losers like me. That may change after more analysis has been done but it's what I feel right now.

And I also feel some pride that so many of us stood together and actually did something really difficult which was derided by many. Maybe we can translate some of that to getting a better atmosphere going at the game.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2016, 08:54:17 pm »
I knew they wouldn't get away with £77 tickets.  credit to everyone involved.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2016, 08:54:50 pm »
Good idea

John McMahon
‏@JohnMichaelMc

An improved atmosphere would be boss.
Kill the humourless

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2016, 08:55:01 pm »
Looks like this is true. Pulling the wool over our eyes?
Surely they don't think we're that stupid. Be interesting to see what SOS have to say when this has been looked at properly.

Somebody has suggested applauding the owners at the next match so yes, there probably are people who are that stupid.
Legacy fan

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2016, 08:55:09 pm »
Tickets remain a lot higher than they should be. They just agreed to not stick the knife too deep is all.

These guys are not dumb....they simply want to maintain the 'brand' until they can find a 'suitable' billionaire (good luck with that). This ticket pricing fiasco was definitely not helping the franchise.

I hope other teams pick up the momentum and ask for deeper price cuts.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2016, 08:55:23 pm »
Still too expensive for me.

Was about to text my mate who jibbed it recently after many years saying my Kop tickets (if I manage to get them in the bulk sales) will reduce by £26 and will he consider going again. I think he'd just laugh at me so haven't bothered.

Victory for the very young generation? Maybe - let's see the figures.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2016, 08:55:28 pm »
Well done to everyone involved. Still a ways to go, but the club holding their hands up and admitting they got something wrong should be welcomed. Hopefully this leads to a better and more sustained line of communication between the club and supporters.
Justice For The 96

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2016, 09:00:03 pm »
I'm sure everything will be analysed in depth before the groups respond to the new ticket prices.

The dearest a STH will pay is £869.00

There is a possibility of a regular paying £1121 for the same 19 games,is this something that can be addressed in any replies or am i wide of the mark here?

Surely a % reduction after 5-10-15 games lowering his matchday ticket for that supporter not to eclipse the £869 ceiling?

Loyal supporters reduction.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2016, 09:02:13 pm »
Who for?

Spot on.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2016, 09:02:26 pm »
Then again, there's always a few miserable bastards.
Kill the humourless

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2016, 09:04:23 pm »
the naysayers and no-way nellies are rather conspicuous by their absence no?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2016, 09:05:34 pm »
I think the eagerness to 'congratulate ' FSG is premature...they are clever and had to come out with an act of contrition. they may think they will slow the momentum and growth, this must not be allowed, certainly by applauding Carpet Baggers for being found out!
Your 4th negative comment on this thread.

Tell you what.  You stay out and so will I.  Deal?
Kill the humourless