Author Topic: LFC Revision 2016/17  (Read 40167 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
LFC Revision 2016/17
« on: February 10, 2016, 07:02:27 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news

Dear Liverpool Supporters:

It has been a tumultuous week. On behalf of everyone at Fenway Sports Group and Liverpool Football Club we would like to apologize for the distress caused by our ticket pricing plan for the 2016/17 season.

The three of us have been particularly troubled by the perception that we don’t care about our supporters, that we are greedy, and that we are attempting to extract personal profits at the club’s expense.  Quite the opposite is true.

From our first days as owners we have understood that serving as custodians of this incredible institution is a distinct privilege and as such, we have been driven solely by the desire to return LFC to the pinnacle of football.  In the world of modern football, growing the club in a sustainable way is essential to realizing this objective.

To that end, we have never taken a single penny out of the football club. Instead we have injected vast sums of our own money to improve the playing squad and modernize LFC’s infrastructure—exemplified by the £120 million advance from FSG to build the new Main Stand.  This massive undertaking was made in order to provide more supporters access to Anfield and also to produce additional revenue to help us compete financially with clubs that have greater resources. When it opens in August this year the stand will accomplish those goals thereby fulfilling a promise we made upon acquiring LFC in 2010.

We were strongly engaged in the process to develop the ticketing plan for 2016/2017.  We met directly with representatives of LFC’s Supporters’ Committee and along with LFC management, wholeheartedly agreed with major concerns raised, notably: access for local and young supporters; engagement and access to Anfield for local children; access to Premier League matches for those in Liverpool most challenged by affordability.   

We believe the plan successfully addressed these concerns and are disappointed that these elements have been either lost or, worse, characterized as cynical attempts to mask profiteering in the plan as a whole.  Rather, we prefer to look at them as the parts of the ticketing plan we got right.

On the other hand, part of the ticketing plan we got wrong.

In addition to the other elements of the plan we proposed price increases on a number of tickets. These pricing actions generated growth in General Admission ticketing revenue on a like for like basis exclusive of revenue from newly added GA seats.

We believed by delivering a vastly improved seat offering in what will be the newest stand in English football, concentrating the price increases on those tickets typically purchased by fans least sensitive to affordability, and for LFC to begin repaying the £120million advance from FSG for the new Main Stand that these increases were supportable even in the context of growth in revenues from the new Premier League TV deal.

However, the widespread opposition to this element of the plan has made it clear that we were mistaken.

A great many of you have objected strongly to the £77 price level of our most expensive GA seats and expressed a clear expectation that the club should forego any increased revenue from raising prices on GA tickets in the current environment.

Message received.

After an intense period of consultation with LFC management we have decided to make major revisions to our ticketing structure for 2016/17:

·            Removal of game categorisation – regardless of the opposition fans will pay the same price for matchday tickets.
·            The pricing of tickets will be readjusted to result in zero revenue growth from GA ticketing on a like for like basis.
·           Though individual ticket prices may move marginally from this season, we are freezing our 2016/17 GA ticket revenue at the 2015/16 level exclusive of newly added seats in the new Main Stand.
·            The price of our highest General Admission ticket will be frozen at the 2015/16 level - £59.
·            The price of our highest Season Ticket will be frozen at the 2015/16 level - £869. The lowest price reducing a further £25 from the 2015/16 level to £685, as well as all other tiers being frozen or reduced.
·           £9 GA seats will be offered for each and every Premier League match, an allocation of more than 10,000 tickets across the season.

We would hasten to add that the other initiatives announced last week in the 2016/17 plan will remain:

·         17-21 young adult concession – 20,000 tickets across the Premier League season available at a 50% reduction for young people.

·         1,000 tickets to Premier League matches across the season will be given away free of charge to Liverpool school children based on merit, as recommended by their teachers.

As a sign of our commitment to this improved ticketing structure, we are further announcing that this plan shall be in effect for both the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons. For the next two seasons, LFC will not earn a single additional pound from increasing General Admission ticket prices.

We believe we have demonstrated a willingness to listen carefully, reconsider our position, and act decisively. The unique and sacred relationship between Liverpool Football Club and its supporters has always been foremost in our minds. It represents the heartbeat of this extraordinary football club.

More than any other factor by far, that bond is what drives us to work tirelessly on behalf of the club and its future. We have great conviction in our world class manager and our young, talented squad and know that in time the on-pitch success we all crave will be realized.

We look forward to sharing in that success with you.

John W Henry      Tom Werner     Mike Gordon

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:04:03 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC Revision 2016/17
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 07:04:58 pm »
Good start, but more need's to be done across the league.

Some good initiatives, and glad to see the owners have listened.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:08:12 pm by TheMightyReds »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:06:36 pm »
We can do a lot worse than FSG. Credit to them for listening to fans admitting their own mistakes.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:06:37 pm »
Fantastic news, and a shot in the arm for the power we have. Still a bit to do here but well done to all
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 07:08:14 pm »
Well done.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 07:08:28 pm »
Whoa!!! Great news.

THE POWER OF FOOTBALL FANS.

Everyone that was a part of this needs to pat themselves on the back.
YWNA

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 07:08:30 pm »
At least its something although i still believe tickets should be cheaper still.  Main one now is a better price for away tickets for every club.

Was hard for me walking out but at least it's had an effect

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 07:10:28 pm »
Blimey! Well done everyone and thank you FSG for listening.

The de-categorisation is a pleasant surprise and one I hope other clubs follow suit with.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 07:11:18 pm »
Well done everyone who was involved in the walkout

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 07:11:18 pm »
Well done lads.

Does this mean I have to go back to  eating from Subway?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 07:11:47 pm »
Not a match going fan (unfortunately) so doesn't affect me but well done to everyone involved, and well done (belatedly) to FSG for listening.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:08 pm »
I still think prices are ridiculous, but this is a very encouraging sign. I hope those that walked on 77 at Sunderland are feeling very proud of themselves, and jay McKenna etc deserve a tremendous amount of credit. Proud to be a red (I generally always am like ;D).

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:16 pm »
Well it's a start but the tickets are still too expensive and Ian Ayre hasn't been sacked yet. His attack on the protest and ridiculous defence of the indefensible must see the buffoon moved on.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:29 pm »
Why bother protesting? A walk out will never work

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:30 pm »
Great news and well done to fsg for listening to us. I was proud to walk out on saturday and i am more proud now.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:46 pm »
Credit to all of those that walked out and took a stand.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 07:13:09 pm »
Brilliant work everyone.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 07:13:20 pm »
No point in this protest. What's the point in going and giving them the money. Stay and support the team. Only a boycott will work.

Fuck off.
:lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline klobutruck

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 07:13:50 pm »
Well done to everyone involved from the organisers and those that walked out. Thanks to FSG for listening and acting.

Great news!

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 07:14:06 pm »
Wow, very surprised by their response and their plain language. Kudos to them and I have to admit I didn't think the walkout would see results so quickly. Whether you wanted more concessions or not, it's nice to know they are listening and that united fan action can have a real effect on club policy where it counts.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 07:14:53 pm »
Never really expected wide spread reductions, but glad to see an end to categorisation and that the £9 tickets are available for every match. It's a definite improvement.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 07:14:54 pm »
Well done everyone who participated or who supported from afar

On reflection the 77 minute walk out was an incredibly clever way to make the point

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 07:14:56 pm »
Well it's a start but the tickets are still too expensive and Ian Ayre hasn't been sacked yet. His attack on the protest and ridiculous defence of the indefensible must see the buffoon moved on.
Why would they sack him when he does exactly what they tell him to do ?

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 07:14:58 pm »
Fantastic news, well done everyone.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 07:15:17 pm »
Good news.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:23 pm »
The devil will be in the detail.

Especially the categorisation point.

We have a response ready to release shortly.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:40 pm »
Fantastic news, and great pride should be taken by everyone involved in the walkout, mailings, and the pressure put on the club.

I hope that this is the beginning of a closer connection between club and fans, and that we can look to a healthier future.

Good work all involved!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »
Well done everyone who participated or who supported from afar

On reflection the 77 minute walk out was an incredibly clever way to make the point

The fact we let a 2 goal lead slip when everyone walked out emphasized the point as well.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:58 pm »
Well done to all those that walked out on Saturday, some sense at last, but ticket prices still too high.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 07:17:52 pm »
Fantastic news. So much credit due to those who oraganised and took part in the walkout, and good on FSG for listening and making these changes.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 07:18:02 pm »
The dropping of catagorisation is a huge step. That was their red line throughout all negotiations and thats gone for 2 years.

Personally my ST will remain at the same price. But I'm glad those in the Main stand with get a fairer price

More needs to be done and work needs to continue to drive down ticket prices. But baby steps

Last week we were begging for baby steps. We've got one

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 07:18:51 pm »
Brilliant news

If categorisation is gone, does everything raise to Cat A prices, or fall to Cat C or what?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 07:19:36 pm »
Minimum expectation i hoped for was a price freeze.

Massive come down to earth for FSG & good too see they are big enough to admit they got it wrong.

This is a huge victory for the fans & credit to all who joined in.

Over to you to analyse Harinder!!

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 07:19:56 pm »
Great news and although we do still pay to much , I think that we now concentrate on being the fans that we are. Accept what they have said and hopefully they will fulfill their promise of building a side , as one of the ones who faced the price hike up to £1029 , I cannot thank the person who thought this up enough , and yes I did walk on 77

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 07:20:06 pm »
Wow, very surprised by their response and their plain language. Kudos to them and I have to admit I didn't think the walkout would see results so quickly.

Yep, some surprisingly good news from them. A massive credit to SOS and the fans that's prompted FSG to do something.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 07:20:12 pm »
Well done to all those that walked out on Saturday, some sense at last, but ticket prices still too high.

Aye, I'm still priced out of going as much as I would like to, but at least it's a start.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 07:20:51 pm »
So that interview our Harley riding CEO gave makes him a bigger muppet than he already is going by the statement from Henry and co on the offical site.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 07:21:06 pm »
Great stuff and well done fsg for listening and doing something about it. It's a good start.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 07:21:33 pm »
Well done to all who took part and organised the walk out