Author Topic: The great ticketing PR Blag - Living on a PRAyre  (Read 29552 times)

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Re: The great ticketing PR Blag - Living on a PRAyre
« Reply #80 on: February 8, 2016, 09:23:31 pm »
Harinder's wonderful work just got a mention on TAW discussion :)

Rightly so, should be used to create a fair pricing structure.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #81 on: February 8, 2016, 09:32:31 pm »
Interesting piece from the Guardian regarding the price increase for disabled fans. The owners are not going to come out from this smelling too good if they stick to their announced increases.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/08/liverpool-ticket-price-anfield-disabled-supporters

The Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre told people to “read the facts” when he was doing the PR for the club’s new ticket prices last week. I took his advice and was astonished when I saw how much disabled prices will increase next season.

The £77 tickets proposed for the new Main Stand have taken the headlines and led to the 77th minute walkout against Sunderland on Saturday. But they have overridden other significant rises, especially for disabled people.

There is a lengthy wait to acquire a disabled season ticket at Liverpool so, like many, I buy single tickets on a game-by-game basis. Over 19 Premier League games this season, comprising six category A games, 10 category B games and three category C games, the cost in the Main Stand lower is £640.50. Next season, the aggregate ticket price in the Main Stand lower for those tickets will be £1,000. That’s an increase of £359.50 – 56.13%. A disabled season ticket in the Main Stand lower in 2016/17 will cost £134.50 more than this season – £772 up from £637.50. So if you haven’t got a disabled season ticket in the Main Stand lower next season and pay on a game-by-game basis you’ll be paying a premium of £228 for exactly the same seat.

How can a price rise of such magnitude be justified for people of limited income and limited lifestyle? I find it questionable from a moral standpoint for the club to ask someone who finds it more difficult to get higher-paid work, to pay 56.13% more next season. It shows how far Liverpool have fallen from Bill Shankly’s belief that the players, manager and supporters form a holy trinity and that directors don’t come into it.

Looking at the figures for the most available seats in each stand, the aggregate ticket costs for a disabled person on the Kop next season will be £574, down from £607.50 this season and a 5.51% decrease. In the Centenary Stand it will be £854, up from £640.50 this season and a 33.33% increase, while the Anfield Road lower will increase by 5.39% from £640.50 to £675.

As an economics student at university I have to assess figures objectively but how can a football club justify a 56.13% rise in ticket prices or claim that is rational business practice, especially where disabled people are concerned? If they ostracise local people, and these rises will do, the club are not going to get many disabled supporters arriving from abroad to take their places given the complications and the difficulties that disability brings. I was talking to a supporter at the game on Saturday who travels over from Ireland and he said he wouldn’t be able to afford to go next season.

One of the reasons people are so upset is that the prices are not rational at all. As a Liverpool fan I identify with the team in so many ways but this feels like an attack because the ticket prices are so extortionate. There is distrust in the club. I feel they’ve victimised people in different parts of the ground apart from the Kop.

This season there was a six-tiered ticket price structure. That has risen to 20, which could have divided the fans into different camps over this issue and that is why the protest was so impressive. Thousands of fans were together, no matter where they sat in the stadium or how the rises will affect them.

It was incredible to walk out under the Kop on Saturday. There was very little communication at first, it was just like leaving a game after the final whistle, but then everyone started chanting: “We love you Liverpool, we do.” I’ve never really felt included before then but that is a moment I’ll take to my grave. I felt everyone was with me and everyone was behind each other.

Richard Monaghan.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 09:59:17 pm by Henry Kissinger »
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #82 on: February 8, 2016, 09:54:22 pm »
Pretty certain he was talking about Ayre mate. Although I think Ayre's role is MD?
He said back in Boston before that.....so I assumed he meant Joe.  :-[

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #83 on: February 8, 2016, 09:57:15 pm »
Interesting piece from the Guardian regarding the price increase for disabled fans. The owners are not going to come out from this smelling too good if they stick to their announced increases.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/08/liverpool-ticket-price-anfield-disabled-supporters

The Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre told people to “read the facts” when he was doing the PR for the club’s new ticket prices last week. I took his advice and was astonished when I saw how much disabled prices will increase next season.

The £77 tickets proposed for the new Main Stand have taken the headlines and led to the 77th minute walkout against Sunderland on Saturday. But they have overridden other significant rises, especially for disabled people.
Jürgen Klopp admits Liverpool need to find ‘a solution’ to ticket price revolt
Read more

There is a lengthy wait to acquire a disabled season ticket at Liverpool so, like many, I buy single tickets on a game-by-game basis. Over 19 Premier League games this season, comprising six category A games, 10 category B games and three category C games, the cost in the Main Stand lower is £640.50. Next season, the aggregate ticket price in the Main Stand lower for those tickets will be £1,000. That’s an increase of £359.50 – 56.13%. A disabled season ticket in the Main Stand lower in 2016/17 will cost £134.50 more than this season – £772 up from £637.50. So if you haven’t got a disabled season ticket in the Main Stand lower next season and pay on a game-by-game basis you’ll be paying a premium of £228 for exactly the same seat.

How can a price rise of such magnitude be justified for people of limited income and limited lifestyle? I find it questionable from a moral standpoint for the club to ask someone who finds it more difficult to get higher-paid work, to pay 56.13% more next season. It shows how far Liverpool have fallen from Bill Shankly’s belief that the players, manager and supporters form a holy trinity and that directors don’t come into it.

Looking at the figures for the most available seats in each stand, the aggregate ticket costs for a disabled person on the Kop next season will be £574, down from £607.50 this season and a 5.51% decrease. In the Centenary Stand it will be £854, up from £640.50 this season and a 33.33% increase, while the Anfield Road lower will increase by 5.39% from £640.50 to £675.

As an economics student at university I have to assess figures objectively but how can a football club justify a 56.13% rise in ticket prices or claim that is rational business practice, especially where disabled people are concerned? If they ostracise local people, and these rises will do, the club are not going to get many disabled supporters arriving from abroad to take their places given the complications and the difficulties that disability brings. I was talking to a supporter at the game on Saturday who travels over from Ireland and he said he wouldn’t be able to afford to go next season.

One of the reasons people are so upset is that the prices are not rational at all. As a Liverpool fan I identify with the team in so many ways but this feels like an attack because the ticket prices are so extortionate. There is distrust in the club. I feel they’ve victimised people in different parts of the ground apart from the Kop.

This season there was a six-tiered ticket price structure. That has risen to 20, which could have divided the fans into different camps over this issue and that is why the protest was so impressive. Thousands of fans were together, no matter where they sat in the stadium or how the rises will affect them.

It was incredible to walk out under the Kop on Saturday. There was very little communication at first, it was just like leaving a game after the final whistle, but then everyone started chanting: “We love you Liverpool, we do.” I’ve never really felt included before then but that is a moment I’ll take to my grave. I felt everyone was with me and everyone was behind each other.

Richard Monaghan.

That is shocking, they need a climb down to get out of this.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: February 8, 2016, 10:03:27 pm »
That is shocking, they need a climb down to get out of this.  :butt

It actually gets worse the more information comes out.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 8, 2016, 10:07:44 pm »

That is shocking, I didn't even know disabled tickets were costed in the same way as normal tickets. As if they had much choice where to sit.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline T-1000

• Legacy Fan
  • "I am focused on training and coaching my team"
« Reply #86 on: February 8, 2016, 10:31:23 pm »
Great work Harinder. Last time there was a collective feeling of disgust against those running the club, the fans were referred to as "Internet somethings"
Was it freedom fighters ? 😎
.....where once we watched the King Kenny play

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #87 on: February 8, 2016, 10:33:46 pm »
It actually gets worse the more information comes out.

The sad thing is I'm beginning to become less and less surprised, the more I hear about this whole screw up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #88 on: February 8, 2016, 10:34:32 pm »
And it's not just tickets. Membership costs me £35 (I think) which is £70 to me 'cause I pay for my student daughter's too.  And what do I/we get for that?  For the last season and this,  absolutely nothing.  I can't get tickets 'cause I haven't been to enough games, and I haven't been to enough games 'cause I can't get tickets, and I can't get tickets...........etc etc.  I don't live locally anymore so that has an impact on what games I can get to but without membership I'd have no chance whatsoever unless I want to pay shitloads through some ticket agent like the tourists do.  But the club don't care they're taking my £70 for sod all.  And I' know I'm not the only one, there must be thousands like me who have money taken by DD and get nothing whatsoever in return.  More fool me I suppose.

In contrast we have membership at Reading, yes I know championship and not much cop, but it cost me £2 for me and £1 for my daughter 5 years ago as a one off payment.  So it covered when they were in the top league.   We've seen some superb games, including Liverpool in cup and league.  The atmosphere's shite but it's live footy and we're drifting that way as we get more and more alienated by Liverpool.  My daughter's at Nottingham Uni, she's been to Forest a couple of times (pisses me off big style, late 70s etc etc) but it's good value, it's live footy, and she can get in.

Liverpool's getting too big for its boots.  It's in my blood but the greed and the treatment of fans as customers then poor treatment of customers is slowly eroding my will to keep coming back.   
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 8, 2016, 11:28:15 pm »
And it's not just tickets. Membership costs me £35 (I think) which is £70 to me 'cause I pay for my student daughter's too.  And what do I/we get for that?  For the last season and this,  absolutely nothing.  I can't get tickets 'cause I haven't been to enough games, and I haven't been to enough games 'cause I can't get tickets, and I can't get tickets...........etc etc.  I don't live locally anymore so that has an impact on what games I can get to but without membership I'd have no chance whatsoever unless I want to pay shitloads through some ticket agent like the tourists do.  But the club don't care they're taking my £70 for sod all.  And I' know I'm not the only one, there must be thousands like me who have money taken by DD and get nothing whatsoever in return.  More fool me I suppose.

In contrast we have membership at Reading, yes I know championship and not much cop, but it cost me £2 for me and £1 for my daughter 5 years ago as a one off payment.  So it covered when they were in the top league.   We've seen some superb games, including Liverpool in cup and league.  The atmosphere's shite but it's live footy and we're drifting that way as we get more and more alienated by Liverpool.  My daughter's at Nottingham Uni, she's been to Forest a couple of times (pisses me off big style, late 70s etc etc) but it's good value, it's live footy, and she can get in.

Liverpool's getting too big for its boots.  It's in my blood but the greed and the treatment of fans as customers then poor treatment of customers is slowly eroding my will to keep coming back.   

This sadly will get worse before it gets better. They don't stop selling memberships so dangle the carrot but demand outstrips supply at least 10/12 fold
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #90 on: February 8, 2016, 11:56:20 pm »
Great job btw Harinder.

It's a sad situation. The spin they will have to for this ever growing PR nightmare will put a Cat 5 hurricane to shame.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 9, 2016, 12:12:02 am »
Infographics 8)

The bitly link (http://bit.ly/lfcticketprices) brings to the thread on first page . You can also see online version (hover over doughnut image to get numbers)

https://magic.piktochart.com/output/11079192-the-great-ticketing-blag

Dropbox link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6s70u1bjz5pu64/the-great-ticketing-blag_all.png?dl=0

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #92 on: February 9, 2016, 12:16:26 am »

Carragher:

“I was at Anfield on Saturday when Liverpool fans took their stand about the club publishing a price list for tickets next season that will cost as much as £77,” Carragher said. “I walked out, along with another 10,000 or so, in the 77th minute."

“People have said to me since then ‘it’s ok for you on your big wages, that’s why the prices are so high’. I was paid well, yes, but I was there for 17 years and in comparison to some of the other players who were in that squad, it was fair."

“That’s what you want ticket prices to be: fair. I know the increase will not impact on me but I also know plenty about my city — £77 is too much to watch a game anywhere but that price is particularly over the top in Liverpool."

“The club say that £77 gets you the best seat in the newest stand in the country but why should that be an elitist thing?"

“Why can’t the normal working man have the chance to sit there? It isn’t fair."

“Walking out, though, wasn’t a nice experience. The pictures you will have seen were visually striking — and they struck a chord with Fenway Sports Group, the club’s owners — but it wasn’t a happy atmosphere inside the stadium as fans argued with each other."

“You want to be proud of your club. You chose them and stick with them through thick and thin."

“If Marks and Spencer’s increase their prices, you can shop somewhere else but when your team does it, you are obliged to stick with them.
That’s what people need to understand about the walkout at Anfield."

“It wasn’t just Liverpool fans sticking up for themselves, it was Liverpool fans saying ‘enough is enough’ for every supporter across the land.”

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 9, 2016, 12:40:54 am »
All I know is that I feel we are being screwed to the bone, my head fucking hurts with all the numbers. Fuck me though what a great piece of investigative work by the OP.

:thumbup

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #94 on: February 9, 2016, 12:49:07 am »
Infographics 8)

The bitly link (http://bit.ly/lfcticketprices) brings to the thread on first page . You can also see online version (hover over doughnut image to get numbers)

https://magic.piktochart.com/output/11079192-the-great-ticketing-blag

Dropbox link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6s70u1bjz5pu64/the-great-ticketing-blag_all.png?dl=0
Outstanding work yet again, just stuck this on Twitter as well.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #95 on: February 9, 2016, 06:16:05 am »
FSG started by scrapping the PTS almost as soon as they got through the door. The warning signs were there and since then under the cloak of the rest of the Premier League have slowly set about changing the cost of going to the game.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline myrlas