Author Topic: SO WHAT WAS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE WALK OUT?  (Read 39978 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: SO WHAT WAS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE WALK OUT?
« Reply #160 on: February 8, 2016, 06:08:26 pm »
engaging London support won't do much good and as much as I hate it, we would be better trying to involve those to our East,  North and obviously the toffees

Their prices are fairly reasonable though partly through supply and demand and partly because they're not trying to charge top price for a poor product (Liverpool post 2009 which mostly spans FSG's reign). Even United have far more scope for tiered pricing and getting kids in the ground because there's 76,000 seats so the 'something for everyone' thing applies more.

Liverpool and the big London teams suffer the most from pricing.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 06:11:24 pm by Bitter Mug »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #161 on: February 8, 2016, 06:12:00 pm »
Most of my mates are Gooners, they stopped going years ago. The Emirates has a very middle-class feel to it. Think it would be hard to mobilise that lot. They did protest a few years back, and I think we joined them when we played them over there.

You could be right, but when they tried to get more money off the fans for the Barcelona game it did seem to raise a real stink there. I remembered the protest from a few years back, it's proof that fans can arrange things between one another when the will is there.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
YWNA

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: February 8, 2016, 06:39:22 pm »
There was a joint protest before our game at the Emirates last season outside the ground. That was when Liverpool fans were charged £64 for our away end.
It won't be as easy to mobilise the fans like what you did on Saturday, it's almost too late for us. The stadium feels disjointed, a lot of the fans would leave early to catch the train but wouldn't have an idea that tickets are expensive, they probably pay more at the opera.
You go to the Emirates now and you feel there's a lot of money around, and not just on the field.
There will still be thousands who are stretched to the limits and would readily walk out to make a stand but I doubt the club will care.

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #164 on: February 8, 2016, 06:58:01 pm »
The club blatters about the atmosphere when it suits them.  What if sos was to arrange a match stream somewhere outside and away from the ground and manage to rope in a local TV station to put the atmosphere there up against the library that would be Anfield.  It's a tall call with several st holders needed not to attend and not giving the ticket to anyone so ground is empty in many places
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #165 on: February 8, 2016, 07:15:30 pm »
What FSG have to be damn careful about is pissing off the locals, who drop their season ticket or stop using their fan cards.

It's all well and good thinking the tourists will fill the stadium but they aren't going to be season ticket holders are they? Those from Asia, America, most of Europe aren't going to be travelling over every other week to watch. And that's before the hassle of matches rearranged for tv. ( Oh I booked out on Sunday from Manc airport, now they've switched the match to a Sunday 4pm kickoff).

So the tourists can come for one match or two but not for a season.

Then FSG should look across Stanley Park. Everton have cheaper tickets all around. Cheaper for kids and youth as well. They don't sell out do they? ( Ask Mad Max..lol) Half season ST specials and all.

What happens is when "cheap" tickets become plentiful, there's not as much urgency to go.

That is what will happen with disenfranchised Liverpool supporters. They won't go. Or go rarely. Already some are this way and post in here. They've given up their ST because it costs to much. Or dropped their fan card.

So FSG has to tread very carefully with pricing and "loyalty". Loyalty works two ways, not one.

This is something SOS and Spion Kop 1906 need to point out to them next meeting, imho.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #166 on: February 8, 2016, 07:19:55 pm »
SOS & Spion Kop 1906 Q&A at 7.30 - see website or FB for link then
https://www.facebook.com/spiritofshankly/?fref=nf
We are a team of one half.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 8, 2016, 07:26:43 pm »
SOS & Spion Kop 1906 Q&A at 7.30 - see website or FB for link then
https://www.facebook.com/spiritofshankly/?fref=nf
Ta mate.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #168 on: February 8, 2016, 07:35:35 pm »
Waiting for the link to come up then I'll add it

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 8, 2016, 07:37:06 pm »
Waiting for the link to come up then I'll add it
Please do.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #170 on: February 8, 2016, 07:38:54 pm »
10 mins they said....

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #172 on: February 8, 2016, 07:46:25 pm »
https://t.co/1qwPK5JAit

120 people so far and they are impressed! Not started yet but in 2 mins...

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #173 on: February 8, 2016, 07:46:57 pm »
Jay McKenna, Andrew Hudson, Neil Atkinson....

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 8, 2016, 07:50:50 pm »
Liverpool FC declined to appear on the live broadcast as they are "discussing ticketing prices" at the moment.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 8, 2016, 07:55:58 pm »
The Manics song: "If you tolerate this, then your children will be next" sums it up nicely.

Kudos to all who walked out.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 8, 2016, 08:11:28 pm »
The Manics song: "If you tolerate this, then your children will be next" sums it up nicely.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 8, 2016, 08:23:02 pm »
What FSG have to be damn careful about is pissing off the locals, who drop their season ticket or stop using their fan cards.

It's all well and good thinking the tourists will fill the stadium but they aren't going to be season ticket holders are they? Those from Asia, America, most of Europe aren't going to be travelling over every other week to watch. And that's before the hassle of matches rearranged for tv. ( Oh I booked out on Sunday from Manc airport, now they've switched the match to a Sunday 4pm kickoff).

So the tourists can come for one match or two but not for a season.

Then FSG should look across Stanley Park. Everton have cheaper tickets all around. Cheaper for kids and youth as well. They don't sell out do they? ( Ask Mad Max..lol) Half season ST specials and all.

What happens is when "cheap" tickets become plentiful, there's not as much urgency to go.

That is what will happen with disenfranchised Liverpool supporters. They won't go. Or go rarely. Already some are this way and post in here. They've given up their ST because it costs to much. Or dropped their fan card.

So FSG has to tread very carefully with pricing and "loyalty". Loyalty works two ways, not one.

This is something SOS and Spion Kop 1906 need to point out to them next meeting, imho.

The lack of understanding and the communication skills to Ayre never fails to amaze me...

You should really understand if you have ended up in a senior position like this that when it comes to your most loyal supporters/customers - you don't compete with manchester city or other football clubs - you compete with non-use/people stop going - and then they're gone forever.. Any business tend to care about the longest standing/most dedicated customers because it takes loads more to replace them...

And ayre - its quite to astonishing that he is not capable of actually coming forward with "ticket pricing is difficult; we have to compete but also cater for our supporters etc".. If it was a blatant lie; would have been easier to grasp, but the sheer stupidity on fridays message is beggars belief; if he just dont care at all - or just plain thick..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 8, 2016, 08:23:48 pm »
Few years old , but still relevant (never did like Stone Island though  ;D)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #181 on: February 8, 2016, 08:34:38 pm »

The end game, substitute wallets for teats. I would also expect less methane in Anfield in 10 years time once all the gas has gone from the beer.

When they reach the milking parlour, the cows take their places in the stalls. The cows udders are wiped clean. The farmer then fits the rubber cups of the milking machine onto the cows' teats. The milking machine then starts to gently suck the milk from the cow. About 5% of UK farms already use robotic milking, Cows on such farms are essentially free to walk into one of the milking robots' holding areas at any point of the day - except for the occasional queue. Once inside, they're identified by their tags. If the cow's been milked too recently, an electronic gate leads it out.

The dairy cow has also been bred to be docile. This makes a lot of sense, who would want to reach between a crazy cow's legs twice a day and milk her?

In 1942 the average dairy cow produced less than 5,000 pounds of milk in its lifetime. Now, the average cow produces over 21,000 pounds of milk. At the same time, the number of dairy cows has decreased from a high of 25 million to fewer than nine million today. This is an indisputable environmental win as fewer cows create less methane
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 8, 2016, 08:34:58 pm »
Late ticket sales should be sold at the club, so local fans can get first access to them at a discounted rate. Whatever is not sold made available online for us day-trippers.
will be a touts dream which is why they won't do it, also means people who are in work won't be able to get tickets

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 8, 2016, 08:39:42 pm »
will be a touts dream which is why they won't do it, also means people who are in work won't be able to get tickets
A touts dream as opposed to the lads who control 50 or more members cards every other week now?
I think the LA tickets being window only would be a good start personally.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 8, 2016, 08:43:24 pm »
So easy to catch the touts if they wanted to.  They out hollering at the usual spots every match. Evening sales. Keep the office open till late. I think Everton do it. But yeah with our demand it is a concern. It would be a good avenue to getting more local support in. Monitor the membership cards of those who keep turning up to buy tickets at the window. Must be a way to do this.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Cool down and play

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #186 on: February 8, 2016, 09:07:17 pm »
Anyone been trawling other fan website to asses their views? I suspect most will fall into the shite rivalry based comments, but I hope some will see the bigger picture and asking similar questions of their own clubs/fans!

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 8, 2016, 09:26:09 pm »

Without going into your main point, I just wanted to drag out this 'discussing on their next meeting' point you made.

This is what I don't understand. As far as I am aware, the main people at FSG, John Henry et al, didn't turn up to one meeting with supporters representatives. And have been pretty reticent with replying to emails... before I go on... am I right in that?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 8, 2016, 09:38:31 pm »
Without going into your main point, I just wanted to drag out this 'discussing on their next meeting' point you made.

This is what I don't understand. As far as I am aware, the main people at FSG, John Henry et al, didn't turn up to one meeting with supporters representatives. And have been pretty reticent with replying to emails... before I go on... am I right in that?

You're correct.

But i'd bet they're listening now.. ;)

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 8, 2016, 09:40:56 pm »
That's not quick enough. I'm going to assume they didn't, which is what I believe happened.

Not one meeting face to face from the big cheeses. All that dialogue with their representatives doesn't mean jack, and the notification of their plans to SOS et al 10 minutes before it goes public, says... yeah yeah, yadda yadda, this is what we're doing.

All it needed was a discussion. A proper one, where representatives of one body work things out with another. Face to face. It's important to be face to face. Very bloody important. Surely it helps them? Surely it would help form a better understanding about the way they and we want to move forward. I mean this is basic no? It's a football club, not a coffee corporation. Don't people work things out like this anymore? Is it a dying art? Conversation. Am sure SOS would move a bit, if given clear reasonable reasons, and I'm sure FSG might too. Don't we, ultimately, want the same thing?

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 8, 2016, 09:42:27 pm »
You're correct.

But i'd bet they're listening now.. ;)

Bet you they bloody aren't.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #191 on: February 8, 2016, 09:43:37 pm »
They said that before in the discussion. They do :) want the same things I mean
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 09:56:44 pm by Shanklygates »

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 8, 2016, 09:49:52 pm »
Bet you they bloody aren't.

They don't have to be in the room.

There will be enough around to tell them what was said.

Who knows, maybe next time they'll use the official club video conferencing sponsor Skype, and participate. :P

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 8, 2016, 09:52:00 pm »
The rise in the cost of disabled tickets is the most morally repugnant thing in this whole fiasco. Disabled fans need carers who often cost money when friends and family are not about. How can any club justify hiking their tickets? If anything they should be the most heavily subsidised of the lot.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 8, 2016, 09:52:37 pm »
Most of my mates are Gooners, they stopped going years ago. The Emirates has a very middle-class feel to it. Think it would be hard to mobilise that lot. They did protest a few years back, and I think we joined them when we played them over there.

Middle class?! I've sadly been there waay more than I've been able to watch LFC recently [missus mates are well minted and ST holders] and the number of £60K motors around the stadium...It's a different world. I'd say it's almost intimidating- not that they're tough or hard nuts but there is soooo much money swilling around there. I'm actually surprised they don't wear top hats and tails. The peeps I know that used to go are doing the Dulwich Hamlet thing now. They're our equivalent to St. Pauli...ish
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 10:10:06 pm by Johns_Barn »

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #195 on: February 8, 2016, 10:00:17 pm »
The rise in the cost of disabled tickets is the most morally repugnant thing in this whole fiasco. Disabled fans need carers who often cost money when friends and family are not about. How can any club justify hiking their tickets? If anything they should be the most heavily subsidised of the lot.
They are subsidised now - well, BOGOF aren't they? So effectively it's half price each. Not sure what they are saying they would go up to? I am not suggesting they should hike them up!!

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 8, 2016, 10:01:13 pm »
They don't have to be in the room.

Yes, they bloody do. My god, they do. What's that crap programme on the telly where MD's of companies secretly work on the shop floor and manage to come away with a better understanding of the business they run? That one.

Well that's what they need to do. They need to be far more involved on a face to face basis than they are. It will help them enormously. But they've poo-poo'd it. That's mental on their behalf.

I kind of understand their position in some ways. SOS have always harboured a quite vehement Socialist rhetoric in their 'manifestos' and statements etc, which is sure to get up the noses of our American friends... I always thought it would start to ferment, but we're supposed to be on the same side, and we have reasonable points, and they must think they have reasonable points to make, so meet up, discuss, think things through - listen to eachother, weigh up things, go back home to re-assess, think things through, meet up again. There is a way to work it out, so FSG - engage - work it out.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 8, 2016, 10:04:54 pm »
There was a joint protest before our game at the Emirates last season outside the ground. That was when Liverpool fans were charged £64 for our away end.
It won't be as easy to mobilise the fans like what you did on Saturday, it's almost too late for us. The stadium feels disjointed, a lot of the fans would leave early to catch the train but wouldn't have an idea that tickets are expensive, they probably pay more at the opera.
You go to the Emirates now and you feel there's a lot of money around, and not just on the field.
There will still be thousands who are stretched to the limits and would readily walk out to make a stand but I doubt the club will care.

Sad, but perhaps there's enough people who would join in, if it became something bigger? Let's say you got half the PL clubs' supporters to make a point. Not everyone will lead, but perhaps people will follow? That could be just as powerful. Maybe a walk out is too much to ask. Maybe there are other ways that would suit your supporters?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 8, 2016, 10:09:13 pm »
They are subsidised now - well, BOGOF aren't they? So effectively it's half price each. Not sure what they are saying they would go up to? I am not suggesting they should hike them up!!
See Harinder's thread for the Guardian article. I know carers get in free, as you would expect, I would not call that a subsidy, someone has to take care of them.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #199 on: February 8, 2016, 10:27:51 pm »
Yes, 56% higher is way too much! :)