Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 187469 times)

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #600 on: February 10, 2016, 11:51:05 am »
Of all the players at our club and its Can who is getting some of the blame....... its absolutely crazy,
id have him as our best player this season, and it is the crap around him that are letting him down (henderson, milner, lallana, benteke etc)

put him in a team with sturridge coutinho firmino, and you will see his effectiveness/ assists rate rising

i would agree he needs a rest however (90 mins pretty much every week in the league all season)

anyone that cant see what this guy possess surely cant have played the game at any level
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #601 on: February 10, 2016, 11:54:25 am »
That's not his fault and why would he be singled out if it is the case (which it is).

totally agree, thats what i dont get, milner, henderson etc constantly lose the ball but dont get half as much stick

Maybe people just expect that from then and have become used to it
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #602 on: February 10, 2016, 11:55:37 am »
Needs a long "rest"
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #603 on: February 10, 2016, 12:15:06 pm »
A lot of the youngsters already look way better than Can.

This is utter bollocks.

I don't know what Emre Can will be like in 1 year, 2 year or 5 years time. Same can be said for Kevin Stewart, Pedro Chirivella, Jordan Rossiter etc..

All our young players have shown promise but have also shown weaknesses to their game. Weaknesses that are to be expected when they are still learning the game. It's how they iron out these weaknesses that will define how they progress over the next few years.

Emre Can has showed enough promise, in a struggling team, to be afforded patience as he develops. I think he gets a bit more stick than some of the other younger players, because he's played more and people are more aware of his weaknesses and areas of improvement.

The emergence of Stewart is good thing. Potentially for Kevin Stewart, Emre Can and the whole team. Emre Can has played a lot of games this season. Probably too many. Kevin Stewart offers a potential alternative to be rotated into Can’s position. It will reduce the burden of games on Can and at the same time give Stewart 1st team exposure to grow as a player.

What is tiring is the need for 'supporters' to put a stick in the ground early on and say whether you rate a player or not. There's too much of a tendency to want to judge a player early doors- whether they are young or have just joined the club. There's too much of a desire to be the first person to make a judgement on a player and stick to that to prove 'your the biggest football expert on the internet'. It's the tip of the iceberg but someone in the youth team thread described Chirivella's performance last night as 'woeful'. I know it's only one person but it's a indictment of how a lot of our fans are. With time and experience, players can get better. It helps in these situations if the player is afforded patience and support from the fans.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #604 on: February 10, 2016, 12:53:48 pm »
Emre needs a rest. He looked shattered after 60 minutes in the recent matches.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: February 10, 2016, 01:05:20 pm »

Agree, he did fuck all last night. Barely heard his name once.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: February 10, 2016, 01:09:02 pm »

I was talking more about the Sunderland and Leicester game.

But now that you mentioned it, he was pathetic last night. He hardly had a touch.  :no

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: February 10, 2016, 01:47:04 pm »
think with the emergence of the 3 last night all of our midfielders have to up their game.

stewart will add combativeness.
chirivella looks a good deep lying prospect.

think only lucas is safe for now as his reading ability is way above any of the other midfielders.

can has ability but how to we use it within the system??

if he can become as composed as chirivella deeper well no brainer its his position.
think higher up he finds it tough sometimes positonally to get back.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #608 on: February 10, 2016, 04:42:04 pm »
Everyone's fawning over Stewart, but Emre who is younger gets a hell lot of stick.

Wouldn't mind seeing them as a midfield two in the league. They might compliment each other quite well.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #609 on: February 10, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »
Wouldn't mind seeing them as a midfield two in the league. They might compliment each other quite well.

"Nice beard, Emre."
"Thanks Kev. You have wonderful eyes."

Probably better if they stick to the football and leave that stuff for the dressing room.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: February 10, 2016, 05:31:15 pm »

Till we stop consistently giving goals away the results won't improve

Can plays his part as most as anyone.......constantly ball watching and letting people run off him.......game after game
Look at the recent Norwich game....not just the 2nd Norwich goal.......someone kindly explain to me what the fuck he is doing for the opener from the corner...'in his own world' I would suggest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdnQtsDA_KI

Look at Defoe's equalizer on Saturday...does he track the run of Van Aanholt if the inside pass gets reversed back out? does he fuck....totally stops and switches off again, resulted in a goal anyway but honestly.....he is as fucking bad as anyone in our defensive team unit

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: February 10, 2016, 06:19:26 pm »
Everton have loads too don't they?

It's very different playing with expectations to win stuff though.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: February 10, 2016, 07:06:23 pm »
;D

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #613 on: February 10, 2016, 10:18:12 pm »

This. He is still quite young and learning. Ideally he should be on the bench and coming on as a sub instead of starting as many games as possible which it feels like. Tired, jaded fatigued -- id stick him on the bench for a few games.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #614 on: February 10, 2016, 10:45:34 pm »
"Nice beard, Emre."

Probably better if they stick to the football and leave that stuff for the dressing room.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #615 on: February 11, 2016, 12:46:02 am »
"Nice beard, Emre."

:wellin

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: February 12, 2016, 09:13:58 am »
"Nice beard, Emre."

Dad jokes are the best :lmao

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #617 on: February 12, 2016, 08:47:43 pm »
Emre 'He is just a naughty boy'
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #618 on: February 12, 2016, 09:00:35 pm »
Given that Camacho (from Malaga) is reported to have visited melwood with his agent this week, I would assume that there will be a midfield transformation in the summer.....

It will be interesting to see who survives
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: February 13, 2016, 02:00:33 pm »
Given that Camacho (from Malaga) is reported to have visited melwood with his agent this week, I would assume that there will be a midfield transformation in the summer.....

I assume (please tell me if I'm wrong) that by putting that comment in the Emre Can thread that you are thinking he may not be around next year?  This lad is going to be one of our most important players in the coming years.  If people allow him time to develop we'll have one hell of a player on our hands. 

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: February 13, 2016, 04:41:24 pm »
I assume (please tell me if I'm wrong) that by putting that comment in the Emre Can thread that you are thinking he may not be around next year?  This lad is going to be one of our most important players in the coming years.  If people allow him time to develop we'll have one hell of a player on our hands.

Exactly. If Klopp didn't rate Can, there are a lot of other players who would be getting games. The fact is Can has played more games in his position than any other player this season and has never been dropped for a league game, even when it looks like a break might be overdue.

That's not a sign he's on his way out. Would take a huge offer.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: February 13, 2016, 05:10:58 pm »
No, I'm not saying he will be gone..

But that there will be a number of changes in midfield, and he might be one affected. 

He might not be though, we will have to see, but lots of press stuff about us contacting several defensive midfielders, and it looks like we watched Neves again the other day...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #622 on: February 13, 2016, 05:13:54 pm »

And what exactly are you basing this on?  ???

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: February 13, 2016, 05:31:40 pm »
And what exactly are you basing this on?  ???
Reports from one of the fan sites...

And the echo (in Neves' case)
W

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #624 on: February 13, 2016, 05:39:08 pm »
It's not the fan site with that irish guy is it? Fuck me he talks some shit and people lap it up.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #625 on: February 13, 2016, 05:41:26 pm »
Visting  the club in Feb while under contract with his agent ????

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: February 13, 2016, 05:49:56 pm »
Visting  the club in Feb while under contract with his agent ????
Would you be in the least bit surprised?
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: February 13, 2016, 05:52:15 pm »
Link to the Camacho story

http://www.90min.com/posts/2949186-spanish-midfielder-visits-liverpool-training-ground?a_aid=36575

Truth of these things always questionable though

Anyway, back to Can
W

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: February 13, 2016, 07:42:37 pm »
No, I'm not saying he will be gone..

But that there will be a number of changes in midfield, and he might be one affected. 

He might not be though, we will have to see, but lots of press stuff about us contacting several defensive midfielders, and it looks like we watched Neves again the other day...

We've already brought in Grujic so I'd be surprised if there is more then 1 other center/defensive midfielder brought in. 

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: February 13, 2016, 08:03:40 pm »
You'd think it would be Can, Henderson, Grujic plus a new signing being supported by Rossiter, with Milner being considered more of a wide player who can play in the centre if necessary. Just don't see how there is space for Lucus, Allen and Stewart in the squad. Wouldn't surprise me if all 3 leave in the summer.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #630 on: February 13, 2016, 08:29:36 pm »
You'd think it would be Can, Henderson, Grujic plus a new signing being supported by Rossiter, with Milner being considered more of a wide player who can play in the centre if necessary. Just don't see how there is space for Lucus, Allen and Stewart in the squad. Wouldn't surprise me if all 3 leave in the summer.

You could argue a case for Lucas to stay based on his experience and ability to play DM to a  high level,  he's our only true DM,  plus he's our best CB and leader isn't he  ;).  Whether Lucas will stay basically replacing Kolo in the squad is another story as he's only 29.  You could also argue a case for Stewart based on his youth and cheapness if we get EL and he gets enough game time.  I'm not sure what case could be argued for Allen,  Doesn't do enough defensively to play deep,  and he's too short.  And he's far surpassed by the attacing output of other players further forward.  Plus his ability to stay fit is shite.  Personally don;t see Rossiter as anywhere near ready,  and his fitness is also suspect.  Brannagan is closer for me......
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: February 13, 2016, 09:03:20 pm »
You could argue a case for Lucas to stay based on his experience and ability to play DM to a  high level,  he's our only true DM,  plus he's our best CB and leader isn't he  ;).  Whether Lucas will stay basically replacing Kolo in the squad is another story as he's only 29.  You could also argue a case for Stewart based on his youth and cheapness if we get EL and he gets enough game time.  I'm not sure what case could be argued for Allen,  Doesn't do enough defensively to play deep,  and he's too short.  And he's far surpassed by the attacing output of other players further forward.  Plus his ability to stay fit is shite.  Personally don;t see Rossiter as anywhere near ready,  and his fitness is also suspect.  Brannagan is closer for me......

Stewart would take up a place in the Europa squad, he doesn't count as club trained. Obviously that's not the only consideration but we weren't able to fit Markovic, Balotelli or Teixeira in last time. If players come in, several will have to go to make room. The likes of Rossiter and Brannagan are more valuable to us from that point of view as they are still young enough to go on the b list or will eventually count towards the four club trained places (none of which were filled this season.)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: February 13, 2016, 11:28:49 pm »

Fucking hells teeth. Always with the Lucas.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: February 14, 2016, 08:26:46 am »
Fucking hells teeth. Always with the Lucas.

You know where his Valentine's Day card has gone ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: February 14, 2016, 11:50:22 am »
Regardless of what happens to Lucus, Allen and Stewart, there will be a place for Can in the squad as a CM next season but competition will be tougher with Klopp bringing in two of his choices (Grujic +1). Let's see how much he develops between now and the end of the season. You need a good squad players but there are always preferred players who plays when it really matters. Presuming that we bring one CM too go straight into the team that would leave Henderson and Can competing for the other slot if we play 4-2-3-1 next season.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #635 on: February 14, 2016, 04:00:50 pm »
Amazing what playing mobile midfielders who can effect the game at both ends of the pitch can do for the team.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:04:24 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: February 14, 2016, 04:01:21 pm »
22 years old. Boss

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: February 14, 2016, 04:03:17 pm »
Player with huge potential people often forget his age... Really happy that he scored

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: February 14, 2016, 04:04:33 pm »
There was a lad on the half time thread - unspurpringly with a Lucas username - giving Emre some right shit. Well the day Lucas thrashes a shot in like that I'll eat my hat

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #639 on: February 14, 2016, 04:08:34 pm »
Player with huge potential people often forget his age... Really happy that he scored

So am I. I can't understand the people blaming him, it's like seeing the Lucas thread of a few years back all over again