Author Topic: Dreaming about Liverpool  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Dreaming about Liverpool
« on: November 28, 2011, 06:41:42 pm »
Ever had a dream about Liverpool?  You are at the ground, watching a game, you see the goals, scoreline etc.  Ever dreamt about lifting the trophies.  Or even dreamt about playing on the pitch?
Over the last 30-odd years i've had many dreams (and nightmares) that have invloved our leloved club.

Furthest back I remember is sometime in the early-mid 80's.  I was dreaming that I was Rushie and I was bearing down on goal about to score at Wembley.  Then, from the side of the goal, a flash from one of the photographers put me off and I missed!  It was then that I awoke to see my older brother standing at the end of the bed with camera in hand!  Ironically, back then, he had the Ian Rush look - tash and hair etc.  ;D

Another one was during the 08-09 season when we were going for the title.  I dreamt that Fernando Torres was holding the Premier League trophy.

A reoccuring dream/nightmare happened in the year following Istanbul in 2005.  The scenario was always the same.  We were in a 2nd CL final with Milan (this was before we actually DID meet them again in 2007) and we were 1-0 down at half-time.  Milan were in their more familiar home kit.  Second half starts and it never reaches a conclusion.  I must have had this dream about 5 or 6 times in that first year following 2005.  I stopped having it right after the 2006 final in Paris when Arsenal lost.  Strange.

Another nightmare I had was back in the 90-91 season.  My brother and me travelled from Sheffield for home games and went over on the Woodhead pass or snake pass.  SOmetimes we went on the M1 and M62 if the weather was bad.  This particular Friday night I dreamt that we were late in getting to the game.  You know the kind of dream where you're running through treacle and can't move?!
Well, on the Saturday, we went the unusual route and got caught in traffic on the M62 and missed the KO.  We had to wait until HT to get in!  It was one and only time that I have been late for a LFC game.

I had one dream where I was a fringe player for LFC (a kind of Biscan, if you like)  I'm half Hungarian, so it made sense in a way.  I remember in the dream, Shankly telling me I was playing (even though I know I am a fairly crap player in real life).  I was there, on the pitch, running around Anfield, in the team!!!! Bizarre.

And that brings me to last night.

I dreamt that I was on the pitch (not particularly in a playing manner) but right in the thick of the action in the last 5 minutes against City yesterday.  I was stood right behind Aurelio as he fizzed a shot from 30 yards (I know he didnt play yesterday) .  It was high, up around cross bar height, swerved through a mass of players and Hart couldn't hold it.  Then I was right in around the penalty spot as the rebound came out to Suarez.  He stooped down to head it and direct it towards the corner of the goal with Hart still on the ground.  He did so but it came back off the post and went behind me.  Then, someone clattered it back in and it flew into the net off the other post.  Last minuite, everyone went berserk!  I know it was something like the Carroll/Suarez/Downing triple chance at the end but it was great to be on the pitch - AND WE SCORED!

Must be what's called an anxiety dream.  The same kind I'm sure players have on a weekly basis.

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
Re: Dreaming about Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:40:13 pm »
Had a very vivid dream the night before our 2007 semi against Chelsea. I very clearly seen a penalty shoot out at the Anfield Rd end and Pepe and the rest of the team running towards the Kop after we won......guess what happend.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:41:13 pm »
I had one years ago where I was playing CM and looked across to the right wing, Sammy Lee was playing in a pair of black Wellies. :o

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 10:43:41 pm »
Sat on the bench and Rafa told me to lace up to come on. I ended up having a game against Manchester United I played RM and this team was of the 08-09 era.

We ended up winning 1-0 because of myself going lone ranger and smashing the ball past VDS.

I also dreamed I kept out Harry Kewell of the team and last night dreamnt that we won 2-1 and everyone was in the streets celebrating against City.

Wool.

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:16:07 pm »
I've only ever dreamt one result that I remember and that was Spurs at Anfield last season.

The night before the game I dreamt I saw the score in the paper and it was 2-0 to Spurs.  I was pretty shocked when that ended up as the actual score.

Haven't had another yet despite my best efforts...
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 11:18:16 pm »
Always have dreams about playing for Liverpool

Offline El Duderino

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 11:19:23 pm »
Always! It's incredible - best dreams ever!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 11:25:14 am »
Played for Liverpool on several occasiona - in my dreams. Often can't run properly or something is inhibiting me.

Dreamt about us winning games etc. Remeber dreaming about FA Cup Final before Wimbledon in 1988. We won! :(

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 12:28:26 pm »
I've had the same dream a couple of times. In it i'm dead (not zombie-fied, more ghost-like - the players couldn't see me), but i'm at Anfield, and on the pitch for a vital (i'm guessing European) match.

I'm  not even sure what I was doing there to be honest, attempting to influence the game in some way I guess, but I just remember waking up really tense as if I had actually just been at a massive game.

Quite odd really.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:30:20 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 12:50:10 pm »
Never (at least not one which I can remember) had a dream of playing. I did have some weird dreams though. Last night only I dreamt that it was Jan transfer window and as AC Milan needed a striker (maybe due to the Tevez links), they offered us 56mp for Torres !!
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 12:55:50 pm »
Dreamt that I was sat in the kop wearing a full kit with boots and Rafa had told them to ask for me to come on over the tannoy, so I ran down the front of the kop, jumped on the pitch, got the ball from right back, ran straight through the Real Madrid team and passed it across for Gerrard to tap it in.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10:47 pm »
Just two weeks ago, i dreamt that i was i talking to torres. I asked him if he was going to return and he said he would in november.

Must have trolled me. :(
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 01:20:15 pm »
i don't remember my dreams
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline teganyavo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 01:21:18 pm »
Before the Chelsea game in the league last week, I had a dream we won 2-0 with a brace from Johnson. 2-1 with the winner from Johnson is pretty close yeah?

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 01:25:59 pm »
Funny you should start this thread now, as I had a dream about Liverpool just a couple of days back. Actually it was more of a nightmare. Somehow I found myself on the last day of this season, having no clue what had happened after the Chelsea game. I turned on the telly, and there's the reporter talking about King Kenny relinquishing his throne after a hugely disappointing season. The report went on and on about his failures. Thankfully, I woke up soon, drenched in sweat. Immediately went online to make sure all of that was bullshit. I still remember how it felt when I heard the news. I was in complete despair, it was absolutely horrible. I decided then and there to never whinge about the team again. We forget how lucky we are to have the King in charge and to be doing well, with a bright future to look forward to. I hope I never get a Liverpool dream again, or if I do, that it's about Istanbul.

Offline merseymack

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 01:28:43 pm »
dreamt i'd fucked kate moss. does this count ?

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 01:30:37 pm »
dreamt i'd fucked kate moss. does this count ?

Only if she was wearing a Liverpool scarf. (and nothing else, of course)

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 01:31:18 pm »
I've had a similar dream a few times when i'm playing and score the equalizer against United. Pretty cool except the match has never ended, I want to know if we win!

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 03:35:26 pm »
last night I dreamt 'nando came back to sign for us and not alot of our players were happy with it

I've also dreamt joe cole & robbie keane would play for us

And I've also dreamt carra scored the opening goal at the anfield road end against the mancs
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline FowlerLeftFoot

• Kopite
  • There's Only One God
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 08:54:13 pm »
I've had a similar dream a few times when i'm playing and score the equalizer against United. Pretty cool except the match has never ended, I want to know if we win!

U got sent off for a straight red horrendous tackle on Rooney right after you scored. We played better with 10 men and went on to thrash united 5-1. I know coz I was there.
---------------------------
SPREAD THE LINK  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

Overseas Reds - use Anfields address  L4 0TH

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 09:31:31 pm »

Think I was there too.
But I was drunk so can't remember too much about the game....
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.