Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519588 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #5920 on: October 18, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »
It is one of the iconic football songs going.

When the whole ground (WHL) kicks in with it, it comes over great, it builds up as the song goes on.

It is like the 70's drone at Anfield - hardly inspiring but fucks with the opposition. Some songs are just there to piss off players and fans
from other clubs........It clearly works with you.

I think it's boss myself

The drone was boss, lad. We need it back. Used to do the oppositions head in; did my head in but loved singing it

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrpoooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllll
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5921 on: October 18, 2015, 09:58:23 pm »
With you there mate. All the songs are best slow. YNWA, much more powerful. The slow Shankly to the Scottish bagpipes, goosebumps. I dream of a slow PST, but it never happens, goes so fast it actually dies out after oh I am a Liverpudlian.

PST can't be bettered when sang slowly, in tune and with the right fucking words  :scarf

Offline billynic

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5922 on: October 18, 2015, 09:58:53 pm »
Flat from 25-60, thought it was quality other than that though, especially first 20. Hardly noticed any tourists like

Yeah. Def went quieter at this period from where I was sat. My spurs mate said he was impressed with us at the end though.

Can't comment on whether there were day trippers in the away end. I bought a home ticket outside as there were none in our end that I could find. Few reds in about 4 or 5 rows up from me in north upper though.

Offline Jack Sambrook

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5923 on: October 18, 2015, 10:14:46 pm »
Was in lower tier , thought it was good in there yesterday ,don't know about the Klopp song though  !!!

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #5924 on: October 18, 2015, 10:30:10 pm »
I haven't heard Oh Campione in ages!  ;D

I missed it. Used to have it on my phone as a alarm for when I needed an extra boost that day.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5925 on: October 18, 2015, 10:35:09 pm »
Yeah you can't really argue with a song that gets the whole ground involved too.

It's one of the few football songs left. The rest have become inaudible 10 second chants like Poor Scouser Tommy and, increasingly, Fields of Anfield Road.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #5926 on: October 18, 2015, 11:29:57 pm »
With you there mate. All the songs are best slow. YNWA, much more powerful. The slow Shankly to the Scottish bagpipes, goosebumps. I dream of a slow PST, but it never happens, goes so fast it actually dies out after oh I am a Liverpudlian.

Aye. We really need to slow down a lot of our songs. Poor Scouser Tommy really needs to be slowed down, as does YNWA towards the end of games.

The support came across very well on tele at the start yesterday but quietened with the game slowing down.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #5927 on: October 19, 2015, 03:23:06 am »
Just noticed "Legend" above my avatar has become "Believer"! :D :thumbup
We are a team of one half.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5928 on: October 19, 2015, 08:33:56 am »
PST can't be bettered when sang slowly, in tune and with the right fucking words  :scarf

Just remembered this from a while ago. I always think about the pies swimming in the crossroads when I sing it now...
I posted this some while back in some other thread. Back in the 70's I was a member of the LFCSCLB (Liverpool Supporters Club London Branch) and followed the Reds home and away on the Euston - Lime Street trains.

Anyway, we were all handed this sheet of words on the train up to Liverpool one Saturday in either 76 or 77. I'm guessing some Cockney lad had copied the words down from listening to the song being sung by the Scouse locals and had misunderstood the lyrics...

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #5929 on: October 19, 2015, 08:39:21 am »
Just remembered this from a while ago. I always think about the pies swimming in the crossroads when I sing it now...

ARABIAN sun  8)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5930 on: October 19, 2015, 09:05:46 am »
Sounded quiet on the tele. Lots of tourists willing to pay x3 face value for Klopp's first game ?

To go to excuse nowdays. ::)

I think I'll listen to the lads who were at the game and are saying it was decent myself.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5931 on: October 19, 2015, 09:50:36 am »
I wouldn't say there were many tourists there yesterday. Nothing on the scale of Arsenal or Chelsea anyway. Usually decent there for atmosphere and this def was.

But really dislike the Klopp agadoo song and the lad next to us was singing something about the  "master race "!? No way am I singing that!!!

Some lad behind us kept shouting "Tory c*nts" at them! Tottenham? Tory? But he was generally pretty clueless ::)

Always makes me laugh. I mean, Tottenham of all places? Or anywhere in London (minus the posh bits) are far from ''Tory'.

Not really that many tourists around me.
YNWA.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #5932 on: October 19, 2015, 09:54:37 am »
I think I'll listen to the lads who were at the game and are saying it was decent myself.

It was decent. As others have said, it went a bit flat for a period mid-game, but other than that I thought our end was pretty good.

Loved the "Sakho! Sakho! Sakho!" shouts at the end. He clearly did too. Basic, emotional and fully deserved. More of that.

Billy Hogan and some of the FSG lot were in there on Saturday as well, for what it's worth.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5933 on: October 19, 2015, 11:29:04 am »
Always makes me laugh. I mean, Tottenham of all places? Or anywhere in London (minus the posh bits) are far from ''Tory'.

Not really that many tourists around me.

When they start singing about benefits it's hard not to think people are at least sympathetic to the Torys...

Mocking people for having no money is bad Tory behaviour
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #5934 on: October 19, 2015, 11:58:55 am »

Someone started PST really slow in Bordeaux and fair play to those who continued it, was excellent. Obviously not many of us out there, so was easier to do
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5935 on: October 19, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »
When they start singing about benefits it's hard not to think people are at least sympathetic to the Torys...

Mocking people for having no money is bad Tory behaviour

True, although I always thought that song originated from the Mancs. Ironic really, and the reaction yesterday from our fans was pretty funny.
YNWA.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5936 on: October 19, 2015, 12:20:31 pm »
Went to White Heart Lane a couple of years ago, and it was very quiet. But I remember they sang "When the Spurs go marching on". Very slowly. Didn`t get the point of that. How is that supposed to get the team fired up? Sounded like they were stuck in quicksand.  It wouldn`t inspire me to much more than walking around on the pitch.

When my wife heard the Liverpoool, Liverpool chant at anfield, she thought it was 'the saddest wee football song' she'd ever heard.   ;D

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5937 on: October 19, 2015, 03:56:12 pm »
There was a Sakho song I heard on Saturday to the tune of hello goodbye by the Beatles, don't no if it will catch on like

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #5938 on: October 19, 2015, 03:56:53 pm »
It is one of the iconic football songs going.

When the whole ground (WHL) kicks in with it, it comes over great, it builds up as the song goes on.

It is like the 70's drone at Anfield - hardly inspiring but fucks with the opposition. Some songs are just there to piss off players and fans
from other clubs........It clearly works with you.

I think it's boss myself

I wouldn`t say it pissed me off. Neither did it scare me. Just thought it was shit. I couldn`t really locate the Spurs supporters either. So no, not buying the drone.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5939 on: October 19, 2015, 09:49:00 pm »
There was a Sakho song I heard on Saturday to the tune of hello goodbye by the Beatles, don't no if it will catch on like

What were the words?

I'm now singing the old David N'Gog song in my head, "I don't know why you say N'Gog, I say N'Goh" ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #5940 on: October 19, 2015, 10:33:25 pm »

Never heard, anyone got a link or the lyrics?

Like the tune though.
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #5941 on: October 20, 2015, 04:05:17 pm »

Yeah....but it's about 20 years or more since that happened :D

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #5942 on: October 20, 2015, 04:07:34 pm »
Sure we sang it slowly in Bordeaux, but yes, been a while since it happened on the Kop  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #5943 on: October 20, 2015, 04:11:49 pm »
I can`t believe people are rating the slow "Oh, when the Spurs come marching in" tune. It`s shit. S H I T.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5944 on: October 20, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »
What was the song they sang about one of their players being better than John Terry?

That is a bit sad, referring to that piece of c**p in your songs to make a point about one of your best players.

Sorry Spurs fans, i don't appreciate JT.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5945 on: October 20, 2015, 06:46:23 pm »
What were the words?

I'm now singing the old David N'Gog song in my head, "I don't know why you say N'Gog, I say N'Goh" ;D
Just like that really, was something like Sakho, Sakho. Plays for Liverpool and his name is Sakho, they swerved it when no one else seemed to join as there was only literally around 3 giving it a go everytime he done something good (which was a hell of a lot) though but saying that the 'Sakho, Sakho' drowned it out

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #5946 on: October 21, 2015, 09:35:21 am »
Sakho, Sakho, Sakho, Sakho, Sakho... he tucks his c*ck into his sock... Sakho, Sakho, Sakho, Sakho, Sakho? :D

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Our fantastic away support
« Reply #5947 on: October 21, 2015, 10:20:37 am »
I can`t believe people are rating the slow "Oh, when the Spurs come marching in" tune. It`s shit. S H I T.

It's clearly not shit mate. It's sung at a different pace to most football grounds which they maintain throughout and they have loads of people joining in. I wouldn't want it sung at Anfield like that but credit where it's due.

I can think of hundreds of chants more worthy of being called shit before that one.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5948 on: October 21, 2015, 12:58:07 pm »
What was the Klopp song on Saturday that had a couple of lines that went something like "Taking us to glory" and "he hates the S*n"?

cheers

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #5949 on: October 21, 2015, 01:21:07 pm »
What was the Klopp song on Saturday that had a couple of lines that went something like "Taking us to glory" and "he hates the S*n"?

cheers

This one ?

Andy Heaton
@Andrew_Heaton

Your man @tizzthered has nailed it.  #Opus #Klopp

Sang to this German (well , Austrian) classic  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rQSmfR1_SVE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rQSmfR1_SVE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:28:26 pm by mersey_paradise »
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5950 on: October 21, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »
^ That has huge potential! Singer is even a stereotypical 80s scouser.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5951 on: October 21, 2015, 05:19:15 pm »
This one ?

That's the one mate, cheers. That was sung all game on Saturday in the lower. :)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5952 on: October 21, 2015, 05:25:31 pm »
^ That has huge potential! Singer is even a stereotypical 80s scouser.

Haha agreed !! Or our players  ;D

Opus lead singer Herwig Rüdisser

Liverpool midfielder Terry McDermott
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5953 on: October 21, 2015, 05:26:37 pm »
That's the one mate, cheers. That was sung all game on Saturday in the lower. :)

Sounds good to me - cheesy as fuck song with good easy lyrics  ;D

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
« Reply #5954 on: October 21, 2015, 06:33:49 pm »
This one ?

Andy Heaton
@Andrew_Heaton

Your man @tizzthered has nailed it.  #Opus #Klopp

Sang to this German (well , Austrian) classic  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rQSmfR1_SVE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rQSmfR1_SVE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

haha quite good that

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5955 on: October 21, 2015, 10:44:36 pm »
That's the one alright. And if it's good enough for maradonna...

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5956 on: October 21, 2015, 11:20:19 pm »
That's the one alright. And if it's good enough for maradonna...

Exactly - which is a good enough reason to post this again ... ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/s7ZjU-6iSwk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/s7ZjU-6iSwk</a>

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5957 on: October 22, 2015, 12:21:36 am »
Haha agreed !! Or our players  ;D

Opus lead singer Herwig Rüdisser

Liverpool midfielder Terry McDermott

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #5958 on: October 22, 2015, 12:46:57 am »
Absolutely love that one.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5959 on: October 22, 2015, 07:55:03 am »
That one to 'Life is Life' is fucking ace the more you sing it.

Cant get it out of me head now.

Jurgen Klopp na na na na na
Jurgen Klopp na na na na na

He' taken over power,
its only just begun,
He's gonna bring us glory
and he fucking hates the sun

Fair play to whoever came up with it (apart from Opus :)).  Chelsea away I expect it to be in full flow.