Author Topic: Now is the time for us, the fans, to stand up and be counted!  (Read 35953 times)

Offline wigjonnyp

• Big Puff
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Now is the time for us, the fans, to stand up and be counted!
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2005, 11:53:30 am »
That was a great call by Evo.

I think the team would need to start at high tempo to get the crowd going for this one.

Surely we should be up for this before the team even get on the pitch!

I'l be in there about 30 mins before the game pissed up singing!

Weve won it 5 times!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posh Spice is a slag,
She's got a sweaty greaser
And when she's shagging Beckham
She thinks of Jonny Riise!!

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2005, 12:00:18 pm »
Like Cruiser all of us London Reds will be singing and cheering with you.

That was a real call to arms from Evo back in May and on that famous and emotional night again just how important our 12th Man is. Lets get behond the boys like we know we can and make te hairs on the backs of the Chelsea's neck stand from the niose. Lets raise the roof! 6 of us at my place tomorrow night definately will be.

The amount of banter and piss taking before that night on May3rd I got was amazing. Guys I hadn't heard from for ages were texting me to tell me how we we're gonna get caned by them and how we'd fluked it to the semi's.

This time around its veeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy quite. Eerie silence. No one wants to say anything now!!!!!!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2005, 12:09:10 pm »
I didn't read this the first time around.

Bringing back the memories of that night has me in tears.  For atmosphere it shits all over the final, and every other game pales in it's shadow.

As much as we would all love it to be like that again tonight, it simply cannot be.  You never hear much about the atmosphere of the game against Forest in '79, even with the standing Kop and our historic crowd.  Early round games don't quite have the buzz, and group games are even worse.  We can easily lose this game and qualify.  We could lose this and go on and win the damn thing, and we all know that.  It isn't do or die.  Everyone one would love to beat them, but the edge isn't there.

Anyway, let's twat these Chelsea bastards.

Offline weneedabiggaboat

• Main Stander
  • ...the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.......
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2005, 12:22:02 pm »
Arguably the greatest game I've ever been to in terms of atmosphere, noise and the sheer hatred that poured out against Chelsea, they visibly wilted under the sustained jeers, boos, whistles and "fuck off Lampard".

Great read from Evo, and thanks Gramck24 for bringing it back for us new 'uns to see.

I'll be there, Anny Road, yards from those cocky cockney bastards, and I won't be backing down, shutting up, or sitting down for 97 minutes (its going to have tons of extra time!!!!!)

We are the Champions, Champions of Europe..........

ps Istanbul was still the dogs, but it was different, more like a fairy tale....!

Offline RedVash

• Legacy Fan
  • ...through the storm...
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2005, 12:28:05 pm »
you're right we have to do our best. Unluckly I'm Italian so I can't help you but I will be singing all the match from here cause all the fans have to do it if they believe in LIVERPOOL FC. we're the champions of Europe, we beat them last year and we can do it again.  :scarf
remember the miracle of Istanbul. we are the best supporters in the world let show them our power.
RED is not a colour.
RED is a way of life.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2005, 12:28:10 pm »
Arguably the greatest game I've ever been to in terms of atmosphere, noise and the sheer hatred that poured out against Chelsea, they visibly wilted under the sustained jeers, boos, whistles and "fuck off Lampard".

Yep, that was what was amazing, the hatred. It was fucking evil. What a night.

Offline eskdale

• Legacy Fan
  • Nice shooting son, what's your name?
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2005, 12:33:39 pm »
We'll win 6 times!

In gay Paris, we'll win it 6 times!

COME ON YOU REDS!

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2005, 10:46:27 pm »
Comeon!!!!!!!!!! Getting well physced up now!!

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2005, 10:50:46 pm »
Stir the pot a bit more time

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2005, 10:54:56 pm »
I didn't read this the first time around.

Bringing back the memories of that night has me in tears.  For atmosphere it shits all over the final, and every other game pales in it's shadow.

As much as we would all love it to be like that again tonight, it simply cannot be.  You never hear much about the atmosphere of the game against Forest in '79, even with the standing Kop and our historic crowd.  Early round games don't quite have the buzz, and group games are even worse.  We can easily lose this game and qualify.  We could lose this and go on and win the damn thing, and we all know that.  It isn't do or die.  Everyone one would love to beat them, but the edge isn't there.

Anyway, let's twat these Chelsea bastards.

It's true, but it'll still be an excellent atmosphere. Monaco and Depor were decent last season, and this is against a rival. Will be good, if not the level of last season (and I really do doubt anything will EVER match that.)
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2005, 11:07:53 pm »
Fuckin' hell. Gudjohnsen's shot. Shit.

I think that's as close as I've ever come to the 'life passing before my eyes' moment. I swear time ACTUALLY slowed down.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2005, 11:09:02 pm »
The greatest night in football history, ever.

In terms of sheer electricity.

There were at least 30 in my row of 20.

Vaguely remember landing on top of you at one stage Mark!!

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2005, 11:14:43 pm »
Give them hell tomorrow night boys.  Let them feel fear.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2005, 11:17:06 pm »
The greatest night in football history, ever.

In terms of sheer electricity.

There were at least 30 in my row of 20.

Vaguely remember landing on top of you at one stage Mark!!

I wouldn't be surprised - I landed on top of a load of people that night. Mental. Truly electric.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2005, 11:23:02 pm »
Fuckin' hell. Gudjohnsen's shot. Shit.

I'd never heard 40,000 hearts leaping into mouths before that moment. I was sitting above the Chelsea fans and a few thought it had gone in. When I saw the ball rolling along the advertising boards I almost collapsed with relief.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2005, 11:23:05 pm »
I think that's as close as I've ever come to the 'life passing before my eyes' moment. I swear time ACTUALLY slowed down.

Quite quite awful moment.

Gut wrenching and nauseating.  Could see the dream snatched away in one fucking miserable second (which as you say, felt like an eternity)

Luckily I had Hellys arse to grab in 'relief' when it was obvious he'd missed

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2005, 11:26:05 pm »
Hey that infamous Gudjohnssen shot even had its own thread here!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=63651.0
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2005, 11:28:12 pm »
It's true, but it'll still be an excellent atmosphere. Monaco and Depor were decent last season, and this is against a rival. Will be good, if not the level of last season (and I really do doubt anything will EVER match that.)

It was because we were definite under-dogs and knew the crowd could genuinely give the players an extra 10-15 minutes of running or whatever. Tommorow night doesn't have that much riding on it as we could probably lose both games to Chelsea and still qualify plus there will probably be a bit more expectation around, but it should still be quite good.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2005, 11:55:30 pm »
Fat Frank and Friends wont know what hit them. They must secretly love playing at Anfield

so they can see what Real supporters are like  :champ  :scarf

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2005, 12:12:27 am »
Brilliantly put Kris.  Thats EXACTLY what it was like.  As you say, until I heard the ball hit the advert boards, and peeked through the fingers of the hand in front of my face, and saw Jerzy place the ball for the goalkick, I STILL wasn't sure if it had gone in. 

Drama?  You ain't lived drama if you hadn't experienced that moment.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2005, 01:32:36 pm »
I'm right next to the Rentboys in MX in Main Stand. Dont worry, I remind them how many times we have won old big ears!

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sky Sports - It's shite
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2005, 11:47:14 pm »
Fucking Hell Evo !!
 Only just read this and the goosebumps on me are standing to attention already. You are, of course, spot on. I really do hope that the teeny girls who sat behind me and my lad at the Juve game (and I do mean SAT) are not there tonight cos I'll be tempted to fucking strangle them.
                                                       If anyone doesn't wanna sing their heart out tonight then give your ticket to someone who will ffs. My eldest lad is only just knocking 13 but it makes me so proud to see him singing and shouting like an old-time Kopite. I hope we get more of the old chants tonight like PST and London Bridge is Falling Down, poor old Chelsea.

We're gonna do it, I can feel it in my arse...     
    I was right for once, I couldn't tip shit from this barrow usually!  That was a hell of a 'call to arms' from Evo back in May, one that may well have to be repeated again sometime this season.
Bit quiet on the Kop v the mancs ( Sunday noon)  and last Weds was never gonna have the intensity of May 3rd was it? Thing is, how many of us read that call from Evo and responded? It's amazing how a little thing like posting a message on a website can suddenly stir a few heartstrings isn't it? With the league title we all really want looking a million miles away already it looks as though the European Crown we own is the one we have our best chance of winning this season.
I think EVERY home game in the CL this season should be a real 'call to arms' for all of us and we should give it everything as a crowd like on May 3rd last season! Every little helps, Liverpool fans helped win the European Cup and we are the most famous supporters in the world.
Lets lift it again and get the boys on a roll, where are the Kop Choir-Leaders? There are only about half the amount of people on there than in the old days so the need for choreographed flag-waving and organised chanting has never been greater. Kop police take note.
If Kenny Dalglish cannot influence the team to play with more pride in their shirts for the millions of fans they represent, then what chance does anyone else have?

Offline baboons

• I lurk, therefore, I am
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Kiss my big red baboon ass.
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2007, 12:17:40 pm »
<bump>  One of the best "Call to Arms" of our generation.
You don't need pants for the victory dance

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2007, 07:26:31 pm »
Good bump. Was trying to find this the other day.

Let's fuckin' twat these c*nts redmen!!

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2007, 07:37:04 pm »
Great to see stuff like this.

I very much doubt this will have any bearing on tomorrows game.

No Churchilian words needed for this one,Everyone knows whats expected of us-we will deliver.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2007, 07:41:37 pm »

COME ON REDMEN!! MAKE US PROUD AGAIN !!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline kopite jack

• Main Stander
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2007, 11:44:42 pm »
WE ALL KNOW WHAT TO DO TONIGHT WE DIDIT 2 YEARS AGO THEIR IS ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING STOPPING US THIS TIME OR EVEN FROM BEING LOUDER LETS MAKE THEM CHELSEA c*nts SHIT THEIR LOAD. C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RTK

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2007, 11:49:11 pm »

COME ON REDMEN!! MAKE US PROUD AGAIN !!

Is right.

A message to all Rawkites, all Reds everywhere.

Another one of our defining days approaches. Another pivotal moment in our history. Win, and The Sixth is possible. Win and another encounter with AC Milan may occur or even what could be The Final Of All Finals - Man United.

These are all ifs and buts at present, but tomorrow night we have the opportunity - again - to play our part.

If you are lucky enough to be going to the game then make your presence count. Support the Red Men to the maximum. Get at Chelsea and mourinho.

Chelsea will be a hard nut to crack and my feeling is this may be a real physical battle. A real war.

The Men In Red will need us tomorrow night.

We know we will do our part.

Good luck to everyone going and good luck to Reds everywhere.  :wave

Keep the Faith.

WE CAN DO IT.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline smithy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2007, 11:59:01 pm »
The pic of the Kop above is the picture on my fancard. What match was this from?

Offline kopite jack

• Main Stander
« Reply #149 on: May 1, 2007, 12:02:10 am »
barca in the uefa cup 2001 i think anyway
RTK

Offline smithy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 1, 2007, 12:03:22 am »
barca in the uefa cup 2001 i think anyway
Cheers, thought it might be

Offline bleublancRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: May 1, 2007, 12:04:04 am »
For those of you who are lucky enough to have tickets to the game - Fk off to bed, quick style !

Shout and Scream and help it work, or forever hold your piece !  ;)

Have a good one, for all of us

Here endeth 'the lessen'
« Last Edit: May 1, 2007, 12:09:49 am by bleublancRed »

Offline kopite jack

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: May 1, 2007, 12:06:55 am »
sure will C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS FUCK THEM COCKNEY TWATS OUT OF IT AGAIN.
YNWA RTK LFC
RTK

Offline ianation

• Anny Roader
  • PSN: ianation
« Reply #153 on: May 1, 2007, 12:08:08 am »
great post!!!

LETS FUCKIN AV EM!!!

stand up for our team and make john terry cry again! 

just wish i could be there, but all the houston reds will be watching in the richmond arms! 

YNWA    - this final is meant to be ours!
PSN: ianation

Offline kopite jack

• Main Stander
« Reply #154 on: May 1, 2007, 12:09:59 am »
no no you have that wrong mate. that trophy is meat to be ours. in ancient greece we'll bring it back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RTK

Offline *5*

• Main Stander
« Reply #155 on: May 1, 2007, 12:11:55 am »
'It was so silent, you heard the ball *THUD* against the advertising boards'

That still is by far the best single sound i have ever heard in my life. The sound that made everyone in the ground realise we were going to istanbul. Fucking hell i dont think i could handle anything like that happening again though, sure me heart missed about 20 beats when he lined that shot up.
JFT 96

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 1, 2007, 12:12:05 am »
I wanna be in that number
oh when the reds go marching in!
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline kopite jack

• Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: May 1, 2007, 12:13:25 am »
i am in that number in the main stand lol
RTK

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #158 on: May 1, 2007, 12:19:10 am »
I'll be in that number tomorrow night.

The reds will be marching in!!!!
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline kopite jack

• Main Stander
« Reply #159 on: May 1, 2007, 12:21:10 am »
ALL THE WAY TO THE OLYMPIC STADIUM C'MON RED MEN!!!!!!!!!
RTK