Author Topic: Full Time: Liverpool 0 - 0 Plymouth Argyle  (Read 36008 times)

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Re: Full Time: Liverpool 0 - 0 Plymouth Argyle
« Reply #200 on: January 8, 2017, 03:44:50 pm »
Stuck £100 on a draw at Half time.

You could see from fucking Mars we were never scoring today. Far too slow and ponderous with the ball . Horrendous result.

Special mention for Origi - worst player on the pitch by a mile.

Another one of these  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

What in the everlasting sweet and unholy exponential vastness of fuck is going on in here?
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #201 on: January 8, 2017, 03:44:53 pm »
If we go there with the same team they'll struggle badly against their physicality in what will be a completely different game on a much worse pitch.

You're right we shouldn't play the same team - should take out Can and Origi

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 8, 2017, 03:44:57 pm »
Stuck £100 on a draw at Half time.

You could see from fucking Mars we were never scoring today. Far too slow and ponderous with the ball . Horrendous result.

Special mention for Origi - worst player on the pitch by a mile.
You're new mate, there's a general theory on this forum that it's not good practice to bet negatively against Liverpool and if you do keep it to yourself. Cheers mate  :wave

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 8, 2017, 03:45:07 pm »
Did you find a great big bag of heroin under your sofa, shoot up, and then decide to post on here?

What a weird post. No offense like.
As I've explained most of those players would come in if we pick up a few more injuries (likely given the hectic scheduling). Many are no where near PL level, we could've played until this time next week and not scored.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 8, 2017, 03:45:10 pm »
Exactly, much bigger fish to fry folks. Far too many people getting stressed out on here this afternoon...

What's a bigger fish to fry than the Fa Cup. Biggest domestic cup in the world.

We aren't Spurs who piss away winning trophies for pointless finish top 4 cup.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: January 8, 2017, 03:45:20 pm »
This thread is the equivalent to people coming on here and complaining when our u23s lose a match.

But that doesn't happen.

You know why? Because they are kids and those that aren't are making up a complete mish-mash of a team. One player was playing his first competitive match for 15 months; another for 5 months.

It's hard to breakdown a side that literally keeps nine of its players in the box.

Get over it. We will smash them in the replay and then we will win the Cup.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #206 on: January 8, 2017, 03:45:27 pm »
you called him a crab at half time, then he came out and proceded to have an excellent second half, making  lots of forward passes, going on a run and getting a free kick, making a good last man challenge to bail out gomez.

basically all this says to me is you're a shite judge of a holding midfielder (or just generally, probably)

It says to me you are a shite judge of a holding midfield player if you think that contribution is 'excellent'. When he's pressed to do anything forward thinking he's lost and his impact on the game was zero.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #207 on: January 8, 2017, 03:45:34 pm »
Mourinho set the blueprint for teams utterly devoid of attacking skill coming to Anfield and scraping a 0-0, blame him.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #208 on: January 8, 2017, 03:45:39 pm »
plymouth came and got what they wanted.

they didnt come to play any football.

So many people saying this, and I don't get this at all, on several levels.

1. Teams can play however the fuck they want. The object of any game is to win it, the object of any set of tactics or overall strategy is to give yourself the best chance of doing that. The object is not to entertain neutrals so if a team chooses to play defensively - within the rules - and you can't break them down, well that's just part of the game. Grow up and learn how to do it better (if you're a player) or don't expect teams to play how you want them to (as a fan).

2. These guys are underdogs. In football, scoring is low frequency - it's hard to make chances. Playing defensively is a great way of maximising the chance of not just a result, but in an FA cup away leg, a lucrative home tie which, at Plymouth's level, can make a massive, massive difference to a club's finances.

3. The commentator's were banging on constantly about Plymouth's tight defence away from home. So are we saying they should have changed their style of play and gone more attacking when facing higher level opposition? Nonsensical.

Plymouth got a replay, they've done a fantastic job. Whining about their style of play smacks of sour grapes, especially as they're not exactly billionaires, are they? And their fans sure as fuck weren't complaining about it. And why would they?
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 8, 2017, 03:45:44 pm »
Fecking hell this thread is embarrassing.  Full of people I don't seem to know pissing their pants because our youngsters couldn't beat an experienced League 2 side who came looking for a draw.  Oh the humanity!

An extra game to play Couthino back to fitness.  That's all.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 8, 2017, 03:46:03 pm »
Update,  dull parents at party are talking about cars.  Even the post match thread is preferable to joining in with them!

Wow, those parents' conversations must be excrement then.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 8, 2017, 03:46:22 pm »
Clean sheet for Karius. It is what it is. Not worth twisting any knickers over.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #212 on: January 8, 2017, 03:46:23 pm »
Or they will see you approach and say to each other, heres this fucking boring bastard kinda make small talk thats what he does ;D

:D Probably, couldn't give a shit!

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #213 on: January 8, 2017, 03:46:48 pm »
The main problem today is we had nobody who could dribble with the ball. Woodburn showed some really nice touches, but he was never a threat to take Plymouth players out of the game. Ojo didn't look like getting by players either, it was all just a bit samey.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 8, 2017, 03:46:53 pm »
Klopp: "Not a well drilled team. You could see it in how they lost their patience with passing. They could still play better. I'm going to Plymouth for the first time now."

Good take on things.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 8, 2017, 03:47:09 pm »
Hardly pal, the team has a lot of games over the next month. The difference in performance from the first team and the second team is absolutely massive, they struggled to beat a team of farmers. We're gonna need a few of these lads when injuries etc happen. That's what I'm driving at. There's not a particularly good squad depth at LFC.
Awwww did the mighty Wiverpoool not beat your local club so all your matey mates are teasing you.

Diddums.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 8, 2017, 03:47:13 pm »
The magic of the cup.

Probably the worst game we will see all season, our first-team would have struggled to shine against that. Even when they won free-kicks their manager was telling them to get back.

Good bunch of fans, Plymouth. If they enjoyed that then fair play.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #217 on: January 8, 2017, 03:47:29 pm »
He had a few good runs in the first half and then didn't turn up for the second. So if this tells Klopp that he needs to buy then it was a useful game.

As you said Ojo isn't near Mane's class.
Whether he is or isn't...

He's been out for four months...

Cut the kid some slack folks!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #218 on: January 8, 2017, 03:47:33 pm »
Wow, those parents' conversations must be excrement then.

I'm just ear wigging,  don't think anyone knows who I am. Although I don't think there's a danger of anything exciting being said.

But enough about the post match thread. Wahey!

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 8, 2017, 03:48:03 pm »
Not fussed really.
Play the kids again in the replay.

This

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 8, 2017, 03:48:06 pm »
Awwww did the mighty Wiverpoool not beat your local club so all your matey mates are teasing you.

Diddums.
They're not my local club.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 8, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »
It says to me you are a shite judge of a holding midfield player if you think that contribution is 'excellent'. When he's pressed to do anything forward thinking he's lost and his impact on the game was zero.

nah, you just had an axe to grind and an agenda. and your shit shout at half time made you look stupid. but instead of acknowledging that, you doubled down to try and save face, andsuggested his second half was bad too. maybe i'm giving you too much credit, and you don't realise this

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #222 on: January 8, 2017, 03:48:35 pm »
Arsed

Kids play again at home park.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #223 on: January 8, 2017, 03:48:45 pm »
So many people saying this, and I don't get this at all, on several levels.

1. Teams can play however the fuck they want. The object of any game is to win it, the object of any set of tactics or overall strategy is to give yourself the best chance of doing that. The object is not to entertain neutrals so if a team chooses to play defensively - within the rules - and you can't break them down, well that's just part of the game. Grow up and learn how to do it better (if you're a player) or don't expect teams to play how you want them to (as a fan).

2. These guys are underdogs. In football, scoring is low frequency - it's hard to make chances. Playing defensively is a great way of maximising the chance of not just a result, but in an FA cup away leg, a lucrative home tie which, at Plymouth's level, can make a massive, massive difference to a club's finances.

3. The commentator's were banging on constantly about Plymouth's tight defence away from home. So are we saying they should have changed their style of play and gone more attacking when facing higher level opposition? Nonsensical.

Plymouth got a replay, they've done a fantastic job. Whining about their style of play smacks of sour grapes, especially as they're not exactly billionaires, are they? And their fans sure as fuck weren't complaining about it. And why would they?
I'm quickly falling out of love with our over-entitled fanbase. You win some, you lose some. Some you draw, with a replay. Lots of learning. Perfect result.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 8, 2017, 03:48:56 pm »
collectively not one of these starting is gonna challenge for a first 11 spot if all 11 are fit.  That's my main concern from this.

I thought exeter was as bad as it was gonna get with

bogdan
randall
ilori
enrique
smith
stewart
brannagan
kent
tex
benteke
sinclair.

in terms of quality, the side we put out today, just as far away as that lot, the gulf in ability is just as steep, we haven't really got a second string worthy of really pushing the first 11.   I hope we don't suffer towards the end of the season having to rely on the same 11/12/13 game in game out.
I feel the same. I reckon either injuries and lack of squad depth will eventually catch up with us.  Just relying on luck to get us through until the end of season.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 8, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »
They finally got to show what it's like to be unable to create any clear cut chances against a shite team.
Which is part of what you have to deal with in professional football at all levels. Good experience doesn't mean 'scored a hat-trick' or 'played amazingly', it means encountering a (new) situation and learning from it. Breaking down stubborn opposition is something they'll have to do in the future, so it is good experience, provided they react to it positively - something they've got the right coaching team to help them do.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 8, 2017, 03:49:15 pm »
Do the job down their place and never mention it again. Easy enough.

You're missing the point a lot of us are making. That side today was our 2nd string, not a youth side ( although they should be). We will need a strong squad to win anything this season, not just a strong 11.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 8, 2017, 03:49:18 pm »
Fecking hell this thread is embarrassing.  Full of people pissing I don't seem to know pissing their pants because our youngsters couldn't beat an experienced League 2 side who came looking for a draw.  Oh the humanity!

An extra game to play Couthino back to fitness.  That's all.

Even if we had won 10-0 you would still get people whining about something. There was quite a few of the often scapegoated players on the pitch today so I'm sure one of them would have done something wrong.

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #228 on: January 8, 2017, 03:49:21 pm »
The fact you even considered wanting us to lose is pathetic.

I didn't mean to convey it like that. I just don't want replays tiring our squad out for big league matches this month  :-\

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #229 on: January 8, 2017, 03:49:45 pm »
Well I hope the kids play again and most the first team are left at home as an unnecessary mid-week trip to Plymouth isn't what you want.....

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 8, 2017, 03:49:56 pm »
They're not my local club.
Close enough though eh.

Stop being a fucking drama queen, not the first time you've been one either.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 8, 2017, 03:50:37 pm »
I didn't mean to convey it like that. I just don't want replays tiring our squad out for big league matches this month  :-\

me too mate. i'll be gutted if woodburn isn't fresh and firing when he starts at old trafford

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 8, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »
collectively not one of these starting is gonna challenge for a first 11 spot if all 11 are fit.  That's my main concern from this.
Didn't several of today's starting 11 help put us through to the semis of the league cup, which we'll be playing this week, right?

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 8, 2017, 03:50:56 pm »
Klopp: "Not a well drilled team. You could see it in how they lost their patience with passing. They could still play better. I'm going to Plymouth for the first time now."
Glad to see Klopp mention this straightaway. Amount of crosses was ridiculous.

Fair play to Plymouth for that performance, and their support! Knew what we would see and lost our heads in the second half.

Some players need to step up their game after that!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #234 on: January 8, 2017, 03:51:09 pm »
He had a few good runs in the first half and then didn't turn up for the second. So if this tells Klopp that he needs to buy then it was a useful game.

Anyone thinking we could temporarily replace what a £30+ million player offers us with a youngster must be seriously kidding themselves. We'll adapt without Mane, and Ojo isn't ready for the first team yet.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 8, 2017, 03:51:23 pm »

The players we play vs. Plymouth won't be the players we play vs. Chelsea or United
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #236 on: January 8, 2017, 03:51:25 pm »
Bunch of mewling quimms in this thread.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #237 on: January 8, 2017, 03:51:30 pm »
Yes it was a penalty but since we didn't trouble their keeper we didn't deserve to win.

Too many poor crosses especially from the right and no real attempt to beat players that are in the 4th tier.

Err... what? Since when was that a thing? If we'd had a penalty we would have 'troubled the keeper'. A penalty is a penalty. They shouldn't be awarded or not based on the number of shots on target.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #238 on: January 8, 2017, 03:52:12 pm »
Type of game they could have nicked with a bit of luck or ambition. All this absolute 'dread' of an extra game, fuck me it's only a footy match in Plymouth...looking forward to it myself!

Midweek replay in the FA Cup against inferior opposition, hardly the 1st time it's ever happened in our history!

With a squad like ours we'll still probably go through, another game under their belts for the youngsters,who with a bit more space away from home may find a way through.

Disappointed we didn't win today, but hardly a massive shock all things considered.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 8, 2017, 03:52:35 pm »
Quite apart from his age, isn't that also Ojo's first start after a long injury lay off? I thought he looked alright, considering. Rusty, definitely - but evidence of his pace and touch were there. It would have been quite something if he'd hit 100% on his first game back, surely?