Author Topic: Liverpool Vs Manchester City - Pre Match Thread.  (Read 22488 times)

Offline CheadleBlue

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City - Pre Match Thread.
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2016, 12:08:10 am »
Well Bud, read the thread and then tell me that most of the posts there are not bitter. And yeah, I agree with you that in theory since your change of luck with the Sheikh

there should not be a reason city fans to be angry and bitter... that's why I was surprised from the shit I read.

The majority of folks have always had a healthy respect, even a liking for Liverpool - enemy's enemy, etc.  There's no doubt 2013/14 did leave a bad taste with a lot of the media stating that Liverpool were the best team and deserved to win the title.  A Liverpool fan actually posted yesterday on Bluemoon admitting that the media was ridiculously Liverpool-biased that year.  Then our coach was attacked by Liverpool fans.   For me that's history and at the moment, I appreciate the good, attacking football you guys play, unlike certain other cough cough-Mourinho-cough cough teams.

There is some s**t on the BM threads yes, but are you saying it's any different here?

What sort of stuff in particular are you referring to?

Offline CheadleBlue

• Boys Pen
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2016, 12:10:33 am »
Mate, bluemoon is a cesspool, that's not to say that your entire supporters are, but that forum is in particular in regards to their views about us. Every other post is a derogotory towards the club and the city in the worse type of way

That's quite simply untrue.  But I'm not here to argue about other fans.  I came here to talk football.   What's your prediction for tomrorow?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2016, 12:11:51 am »
The majority of folks have always had a healthy respect, even a liking for Liverpool - enemy's enemy, etc.  There's no doubt 2013/14 did leave a bad taste with a lot of the media stating that Liverpool were the best team and deserved to win the title.  A Liverpool fan actually posted yesterday on Bluemoon admitting that the media was ridiculously Liverpool-biased that year.  Then our coach was attacked by Liverpool fans.   For me that's history and at the moment, I appreciate the good, attacking football you guys play, unlike certain other cough cough-Mourinho-cough cough teams.

There is some s**t on the BM threads yes, but are you saying it's any different here?

Do you see us posting anything derogotory in regards to Man City as it's posted over there about us?

We don't control the media mate so that's a bid daft.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2016, 12:14:06 am »
That's quite simply untrue.  But I'm not here to argue about other fans.  I came here to talk football.   What's your prediction for tomrorow?

I know what I saw on numerous occasions, each to his own.

Don't like making predictions in matches like this, I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I hope we play well, that's all I can say really. Last time we played this time of the year we lost 2-1 and imo should have at least drawn that match.

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2016, 12:16:07 am »

Well I and a couple of posters have already told you the stuff that actually everybody is referring bluemoon to. You have to spend there exactly 5 minutes and it's obvious.

You don't need me to give you direct quotes on at least 50 posts full of low life derogatory shit that almost all the posters there are keen to put in every single sentence they type.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2016, 12:20:23 am »

Literally every two or three posts someone will say candlefield, candlepool, victimpool, Klanfield, dipper, scum, etc.  Less frequent, but there's a spattering of hubcap and wallet theft references too.

You've picked the wrong battle to be defensive. You just look ignorant.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2016, 12:36:18 am »
I came here to talk football.   What's your prediction for tomrorow?

Goals, with the reds winning by 2 in the end,  if we hit our levels..

What are your thoughts on the City lineup/formation/approach? Hearing talk of Pep going direct, and it wouldn't surprise me if he looked to bypass the press and try to play in our third.

Think talk of a title challenge being over, for either team, is premature.  Not unlikely that Chelsea drop points and if the gap is in anyway reduced, the psychology changes immediately..

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2016, 12:40:29 am »
Always thought I liked City, but after a glance on Bluemoon in 2011, I swore never to go there again.
I've not been fond of City since then. Obviously not all, but the vast majority of posts I saw on there was sadly very bitter and even hateful towards Liverpool and I've wondered why to this day. I dunno what would've led to this?

As anyone who visits those forums once or twice each season can attest- when it comes to the things they say about LFC and scousers in general, it really is the most bitter of the fora(except GOT of course) out there. The hate... pheww!

There's no animosity or bitterness on here and in our fanbase towards them so why would they have any against us?
All I've ever seen on here and heard amongst our supporters is the fact they've fell on good times with the Sheik and how some obviously don't like that aspect of modern Football, but that's the extent of it(and it's a legitimate concern). No hate towards them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:50:49 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2016, 12:59:38 am »
Nervous as fuck. If we can reduce De Bruyne's influence in the game then we'll go a long way to winning the match. He's been sensational for them this season. Think we'll go in unchanged. People will suggest that Can could offer more defensively, but this would be grossly unfair on Wijnaldum who hasn't missed a beat for us this season. On the ball he makes the right decision every time and his defensive work has gone very much under the radar for the most part. First name on the team sheet for mine.

Heart says win but brain says draw.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2016, 01:00:53 am »
Don't understand this 'hatred' from City. You get the feeling that this is what you do.. hate your rivals with a passion, because this is what you do, when really, nobody's that arsed.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2016, 01:05:07 am »
2nd from last post on the reverse thread over in BM

"Fucking bang on mate, I shouldn't be so bitter but I hate the Scouse cnuts more than the Salford reds, lying, devious, so hard done too fuckers, fuck em, wankers."

There's really no need to be so childish.......probably makes them appear adult.

I couldn't be bothered going through this present thread but I'd bet that there's nothing similar.......if there is then most people here would ignore it and not add to the bitterness.
#JFT97

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2016, 01:12:42 am »
....If we can reduce De Bruyne's influence in the game then we'll go a long way to winning the match. He's been sensational for them this season.......

He's probably been the best player in the league this season or certainly in the top 3.

We will need to keep him away from the ball as he can create chances out of nothing.

We have enough though to cause them problems and it's a match that could swing either way. We will need to be at our best to win this and I'll be happy with a 1-0 to us......butvi can't see it being a low scoring game.
#JFT97

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2016, 01:17:11 am »
Could not be arsed about another fans forum whatever shite gets posted. As an aside I've got a last minute ticket for this one and I'm sat with my mates. Fucking cannot wait now even more. Come on you redmen

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2016, 01:23:31 am »
I see a 3-1 twatting of man city coming up!

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2016, 01:26:18 am »
There's no doubt 2013/14 did leave a bad taste with a lot of the media stating that Liverpool were the best team and deserved to win the title.  A Liverpool fan actually posted yesterday on Bluemoon admitting that the media was ridiculously Liverpool-biased that year.  Then our coach was attacked by Liverpool fans.   For me that's history

Is that it?? You're upset because the media hyped us up one year when you eventually went on to win the league? You lot are precious, aren't you?

Also, I take it you're referring to some of our fans throwing bricks at some of your coaches in 2014? Well the behaviour of your fans hasn't exactly been exemplary recently so I guess it proves that every club has its violent element. Nothing worth crying about.

I wonder if this is a case of a club looking for some rivalry, in the same way Chelsea were desperate to make us their rivals after they got their big cash injection. Frankly, we're only arsed about Everton and United, nobody else matters. 
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2016, 01:52:08 am »
Is that it?? You're upset because the media hyped us up one year when you eventually went on to win the league? You lot are precious, aren't you?

Also, I take it you're referring to some of our fans throwing bricks at some of your coaches in 2014? Well the behaviour of your fans hasn't exactly been exemplary recently so I guess it proves that every club has its violent element. Nothing worth crying about.

I wonder if this is a case of a club looking for some rivalry, in the same way Chelsea were desperate to make us their rivals after they got their big cash injection. Frankly, we're only arsed about Everton and United, nobody else matters.

Agreed on that last point, the nerves before a math against the other Mancs and the Bitters is a whole different level and the feeling of beating them than when we play anyone else

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2016, 02:10:44 am »

Why would fans have attacked your coach that season? I've always known Manuel to be such a good guy, doesn't make sense anyone would attack him.

Sincerely,

Bob Bradley.

Online Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2016, 02:14:10 am »
I'm not expecting us to win every game but the way Chelsea are going it's looking like we might have to. People say Chelsea will drop points but we're already 6 points behind - we need to make up those points, and Chelsea to lose the points. Which essentially means we have to win every game in the hope Chelsea will drop them at some stage. We can't lose then hope Chelsea slip up as we won't make up any ground.

Hahahahahahahahaha. You are a funny one, you!

We are trailing by 6 fuckin points with 20 games left, and we have to win every fuckin game you say?! I mean.. fuck it, a draw tomorrow followed by 19 wins will definitely be shambolic, and will see us miss out on the title to the greatest team to ever grace the football pitch!
I dont know if you are joking, really. But if you are not then football is definitely not the sport for you, my friend.

I am confident we will win tomorrow, but reading some of the comments in this thread it sounds like we are playing a Sunday League team, and not winning will indeed be the apocalypse.

City have been the only side to look capable of beating Chelsea, and actually they should have won but missed golden chances. Teams tend to be clinical against us so we won't be afforded the same luck.

Where did I once say Pep was infallible, he's just known for trying certain tactics, especially in the big games. He's a tinkerer. I'm not saying it WILL work but he'll try it, whatever it may be. Hopefully Klopp knows his plan already (proactive) rather than ending up having to find a solution in game (reactive).

I've thought we'd win all week and I stand by it, I just think he may spring a surprise which we need to be wary of.

Besides getting spanked by us and Arsenal you mean?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:17:03 am by Jetmir M. »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2016, 02:38:00 am »
Always thought I liked City, but after a glance on Bluemoon in 2011, I swore never to go there again.
I've not been fond of City since then. Obviously not all, but the vast majority of posts I saw on there was sadly very bitter and even hateful towards Liverpool and I've wondered why to this day. I dunno what would've led to this?
It's kinda funny. We don't really hate them that much at all. Most of us don't like them because they're a jumped up oil club that spend hundreds of millions etc etc.

A load of them seem to have a very deep hatred of us. Some hate us more than the mancs. Must be something to do with the colour blue that ties to bitterness
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2016, 06:45:17 am »
What lineups are we expecting for this and the Sunderland game?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2016, 07:32:54 am »
What lineups are we expecting for this and the Sunderland game?

Same as against Stoke for this game, then Sturridge, Can and Moreno in for Sunderland.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2016, 08:42:25 am »
A draw tomorrow would be as bad as a defeat. That's like handing Chelsea the title.

New just in: The Premier League has decided to award Chelsea the title this evening, should Liverpool fail to beat Manchester City in the last game of 2016. "Even though there are 20 match rounds to play and up to 60 points available, no-one looks as though they can catch Chelsea," said a spokesperson. "The remaining games will be played to schedule to fulfill our broadcasting commitments."

Offline cdgilbert

• Main Stander
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2016, 08:53:07 am »

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2016, 08:55:08 am »
Don't understand this 'hatred' from City. You get the feeling that this is what you do.. hate your rivals with a passion, because this is what you do, when really, nobody's that arsed.

We are dealing in generalities but there is a difference between the 'hatred' in each direction, I think.

Liverpool supporters rivalry and 'hatred' is directed at and confined to Manchester United and its supporters (putting Everton to one side for a moment). The people of the City of Manchester hate the City of Liverpool and its people. That is why there is so much bigoted loathing directed towards Liverpool on Blue Moon. Liverpool and City have not been rivals since the days of Frannie Lee. City's dislike of Liverpool is not about football. It is deeper than that.

One Scouser's view, anyway.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2016, 08:56:00 am »
New just in: The Premier League has decided to award Chelsea the title this evening, should Liverpool fail to beat Manchester City in the last game of 2016. "Even though there are 20 match rounds to play and up to 60 points available, no-one looks as though they can catch Chelsea," said a spokesperson. "The remaining games will be played to schedule to fulfill our broadcasting commitments."

Not to mention that more than half of all teams that were top on Christmas Day have failed to win the Premier League - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11309722/Premier-League-title-race-What-happens-to-the-Christmas-No1.html.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2016, 09:08:47 am »

Well said, this bloke is depressingly joyless, and looking for the chance to say " I told you so".

Me? Looking forward to a few beers and a good game later, then a few more beers celebrating a win.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2016, 09:13:59 am »
Good God I want us to beat them so bad, new years eve, Man City and at Anfield. What a statement that would be.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2016, 09:17:37 am »
Anyone know a good pub in Edinburgh that will be showing the game?

Dunno about good but the sports bar round the back of Waverley station will show it and if you walk down to holyrood you should find a decent bar showing it too.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2016, 09:20:10 am »
3:1 to the Redmen

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2016, 09:21:45 am »
We are dealing in generalities but there is a difference between the 'hatred' in each direction, I think.

Liverpool supporters rivalry and 'hatred' is directed at and confined to Manchester United and its supporters (putting Everton to one side for a moment). The people of the City of Manchester hate the City of Liverpool and its people. That is why there is so much bigoted loathing directed towards Liverpool on Blue Moon. Liverpool and City have not been rivals since the days of Frannie Lee. City's dislike of Liverpool is not about football. It is deeper than that.

One Scouser's view, anyway.

That's basically it.

Offline mascherano20

• Main Stander
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2016, 09:38:10 am »
Nervous as fuck. If we can reduce De Bruyne's influence in the game then we'll go a long way to winning the match. He's been sensational for them this season. Think we'll go in unchanged. People will suggest that Can could offer more defensively, but this would be grossly unfair on Wijnaldum who hasn't missed a beat for us this season. On the ball he makes the right decision every time and his defensive work has gone very much under the radar for the most part. First name on the team sheet for mine.

Heart says win but brain says draw.

For them, Silva is the key for me and how well we pull Fernandinho across the park-his discipline is suspect at best and could prove a major advantage to us if he's on a yellow. Mane should destroy either of kolarov or clichy.

Think Henderson can take care of silva so we just need to stop longer balls going into aguero-if we do these things reasonably successfully they'll lose their bottle and our attack will do the rest with Origi to start. Can't wait for this!

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2016, 09:45:44 am »
Can't even decide how confident I am for this without Coutinho and Matip, and with Aguero back. Expect us to start with much more focus than we did against Stoke, at least. Matches between us have become one of the standout fixtures of the league season, one of us will probably win 4-3 :P

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2016, 10:06:11 am »
Need to be careful not to drag Lovren and Klaven into wide areas isolated 1v1. City have the players to punish us. I've also noticed that we can be guilty of leaving the space between defence and midfield unoccupied, this is where Silva likes to pick the ball up and hurt teams.

We'll cause them a lot of problems going forward but need to respect them also, otherwise this will just be a shootout.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2016, 10:36:13 am »
Be an open game i think. I'm confident we'll create enough chances, but equally so will they. It's daft to think this is a walk in the park, Aguero, Silva, Sterling, De Brunye....Well that's enough to hurt any team. But like i said, equally so is our attacking threat.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2016, 10:40:35 am »
Who will play CB for them?

Their front four are frightening but need to get in their faces and stop the balls in.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2016, 10:40:40 am »
I feel the team that controls the game will win. Neither defence is sparkling but both attacks are strong. If we can keep the ball well, we can cause real problems for their slow defenders.

Start Origi and have Sturridge on the bench for this one. He really is one of the best subs to have available.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2016, 10:41:55 am »
Considering City's current form I think we can hurt them if we're on top of our game. The only slight concern is if City do click and de Bruyne/Aguero play well they could be very dangerous. I would be tempted to start Sturridge in place of Origi but on the provision that he plays centrally. I know Klopp likes playing Firmino centrally but when Sturridge is out wide his effectiveness is limited. It would be a massive statement to put Guardiola's City to the sword on NYE. Come on Redmen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2016, 10:52:49 am »
I came here to talk football.   What's your prediction for tomrorow?
Welcome to RAWK mate, I'm gonna go 2 nil us. I predict a surprising clean sheet, although I got 1700/1 for a 4-3 to us with Jordan scoring  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:55:15 am by John C »

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2016, 11:08:25 am »
So Pep just said that Jurgen is "the greatest football manager in the world" in his presser, with the video of it hitting the BBC footy page. He may then have attempted to moderate his comment by adding "at organising attacks to break down defences", but hey, that's a compliment if ever another manager made one - or is it mind games?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2016, 11:10:38 am »
Going to be tough this let's not think otherwise, for me it is a bit of a head and heart thing.
 A win will maintain our pressure on Chelsea, who I believe will have a dip in form even if that dip is simply drawing a couple of games it will happen.
With regards the starting eleven I would start with DS instead of Origi and play him for first 60 mins or so in the hope we have built up a nice lead.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.