Author Topic: The 2017/18 FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Monday 04/12/17 19:10 on BBC2/BT Sport  (Read 44734 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: The FA Cup 4th Round Draw
« Reply #240 on: January 9, 2017, 10:53:54 pm »
He isn't going to come out and say, "they're shite" is he? i'm sure he respects the cups but the lineups speak for themselves.

It would have been interesting to see what team he would have out put out on Sunday if we'd have played a PL team or a good Championship team. That would have been a real acid test in terms of rating cup progress.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #241 on: January 9, 2017, 10:54:59 pm »
See the lineups in the cups vs the league... For the most part, you can see what the priority is.

Ok so fuck the Cups and just go for the League every year got ya.
Y.N.W.A.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #242 on: January 9, 2017, 10:55:48 pm »
At least with a home game the players don't have to travel far! Keep the kids playing if we get past the mighty Plymouth Argyle!!

The seats next to me where empty...same again, appreciated the leg space  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 9, 2017, 11:07:49 pm »
It would have been interesting to see what team he would have out put out on Sunday if we'd have played a PL team or a good Championship team. That would have been a real acid test in terms of rating cup progress.

Depends on the situation doesnt it? We are coming off the back of a tough Christmas period with two big games this week.

I think that once the league cup semi finals is complete and get past Plymouth, all subsequent FA Cup games will have a much stronger team out.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2017, 12:45:23 am »
Possible Anfield runout for Conor Coady?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2017, 01:09:25 am »

He played a similar team vs West Ham in the cup last season

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2017, 01:13:05 am »
Under the same circumstances. Side would obviously be stronger if we had not been in a semi final.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2017, 05:12:48 am »
I actually loved watching the kids and am glad I'll get to see at least two more games. We'll beat Plymouth.

If we can get past Wolves and get a good draw then we might have a chance and need to think about juggling or squad.

Until then it's the opposite of an inconvenience. Match time in the legs of the fringe players and the chance to watch players I otherwise don't get to.

Looking forward to it.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2017, 06:16:15 am »
The cups are a priority once we reach the latter stages. Watch Klopp put out the best possible team today (bar Mignolet) despite playing United in 3 days.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2017, 09:27:11 am »
The cups are a priority once we reach the latter stages. Watch Klopp put out the best possible team today (bar Mignolet) despite playing United in 3 days.

The simple reason Klopp chucked out the kids in this one is down to him probably planning to put his strongest sides out for the next two.

If we get through, then obviously the side he picks depends on the games that surround it. Probably would still play a few youngsterw but look to include a few more senior players.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2017, 09:50:12 am »
Depends on the situation doesnt it? We are coming off the back of a tough Christmas period with two big games this week.

I think that once the league cup semi finals is complete and get past Plymouth, all subsequent FA Cup games will have a much stronger team out.

No chance we go full strength against Wolves (if we progress) when it's sandwiched between the semi-final second leg and Chelsea at home.

5th round is a free week so it would be that round onwards we'd see a first eleven I think.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2017, 10:05:54 am »
Possible Anfield runout for Conor Coady?

My mate is a Wolves fan,  went to their boxing day game and said Coady was terrible at RB for them.  Strange you commented as we were discussing him  jsut 10 minutes ago!!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2017, 10:30:42 am »
See the lineups in the cups vs the league... For the most part, you can see what the priority is.

No - you can see what the nature of the competition is and also the quality of the opposition at each round. If we had Plymouth Argyle's current team in a League game and an important Cup game against top level opposition he might play a load of kids.

Except of course, a draw in the league is not the same as a draw in the Cup. A draw in the 3rd round of the FA Cup means a replay. A draw in the league means two dropped points.

And a poor result in the first leg of a semi-final means a far harder game in the home leg.

So...

Given the state of the first eleven after the Sunderland game and the following three games how do you make the best use of the all of the players available?

You play kids in the FA Cup - against a League 2 team with the possibility of having to go to a replay after the next two games.

That allows you to rest the first eleven for a Cup semi-final... A CUP semi-final... a C-U-P S-E-M-I-F-I-N-A-L away to  Premier league opposition.

And then we have a Premier League gaem against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

He prioritised a semi-final in one cup over a 3rd round tie in another.

There's no way Klopp should have played a (knackered) first eleven against Plymouth and it just shows intelligence rather than 'disrespect' or that he doesn't value the Cups. I could have sworn I went to two Cup finals last year in Klopp's first season but maybe I imagined it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2017, 10:38:05 am »
No - you can see what the nature of the competition is and also the quality of the opposition at each round. If we had Plymouth Argyle's current team in a League game and an important Cup game against top level opposition he might play a load of kids.

Except of course, a draw in the league is not the same as a draw in the Cup. A draw in the 3rd round of the FA Cup means a replay. A draw in the league means two dropped points.

And a poor result in the first leg of a semi-final means a far harder game in the home leg.

So...

Given the state of the first eleven after the Sunderland game and the following three games how do you make the best use of the all of the players available?

You play kids in the FA Cup - against a League 2 team with the possibility of having to go to a replay after the next two games.

That allows you to rest the first eleven for a Cup semi-final... A CUP semi-final... a C-U-P S-E-M-I-F-I-N-A-L away to  Premier league opposition.

And then we have a Premier League gaem against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

There's no way Klopp should have played a (knackered) first eleven against Plymouth and it just shows intelligence rather than 'disrespect' or that he doesn't value the Cups. I could have sworn I went to two Cup finals last year in Klopp's first season but maybe I imagined it.
:wellin

I think I was annoyed at the draw immediately after the whistle and I had gained the above perspective by the time I had made it to Sam Dodds Bar.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2017, 10:47:20 am »
My mate is a Wolves fan,  went to their boxing day game and said Coady was terrible at RB for them.  Strange you commented as we were discussing him  jsut 10 minutes ago!!

Hardly played this season, playing him RB might have something to do with it.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2017, 12:52:04 pm »

I'm tapping your phone-- MURDOCH STYLE

RB?????  Yeesh
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2017, 01:43:54 pm »

So...

No shit. Well said!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2017, 01:49:33 pm »
I actually loved watching the kids and am glad I'll get to see at least two more games. We'll beat Plymouth.

If we can get past Wolves and get a good draw then we might have a chance and need to think about juggling or squad.

Until then it's the opposite of an inconvenience. Match time in the legs of the fringe players and the chance to watch players I otherwise don't get to.

Looking forward to it.

We all want to see and assess the current crop of youngsters but some complain when they are not played in games where they have a chance to shine. Pointless have a good crop of youngsters unless they are tested under real playing conditions.

Everton fans have been complaining for a while that Pizza Head doesn't play youngsters - didn't stop them laughing when our youngsters were held to a draw in a competitive game against seasoned pros.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 10, 2017, 01:53:18 pm »
We all want to see and assess the current crop of youngsters but some complain when they are not played in games where they have a chance to shine. Pointless have a good crop of youngsters unless they are tested under real playing conditions.

Everton fans have been complaining for a while that Pizza Head doesn't play youngsters - didn't stop them laughing when our youngsters were held to a draw in a competitive game against seasoned pros.

Yes  but its a trophy. Once we get the 2 league cup ties done and dusted then the load with the FA Cup isnt that high. If we get past Plymouth then we should be looking to play much stronger sides in the FA Cup.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #259 on: January 10, 2017, 01:58:20 pm »

They can laugh all they want, but we're still in the hat and they're not. Klopp took a very justifiable calculated risk and while it didn't pay off, it didn't backfire either.

If we get past Plymouth then we should be looking to play much stronger sides in the FA Cup.

Not when we have the second leg of the semi-final three days prior to the fourth round and Chelsea at home three days later.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2017, 02:13:00 pm »
Yes  but its a trophy. Once we get the 2 league cup ties done and dusted then the load with the FA Cup isnt that high. If we get past Plymouth then we should be looking to play much stronger sides in the FA Cup.

I'd play the same team in the replay with Plymouth as well as the next round against Wolves.  That team that was put out against Plymouth is good enough to be both teams. 

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2017, 02:27:35 pm »

Looking forward to it.

Exactly this for me....happy to see the younger reds and see what they're made of!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2017, 06:16:55 pm »
Do we have a rough time/date for the replay of the Plymouth game?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2017, 06:17:40 pm »
Do we have a rough time/date for the replay of the Plymouth game?

Wednesday the 18th, probably same time as before.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2017, 06:30:50 pm »

It definitely won't be played at the same time as the first game. That's for sure mate.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2017, 06:34:31 pm »

It definitely won't be played at the same time as the first game. That's for sure mate.

right - it would need to be a night game correct?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2017, 06:35:00 pm »

Ahhh true probably not considering it was morning/afternoon.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2017, 06:35:04 pm »

thanks

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2017, 02:08:49 pm »
If i'm Jurgen I would play the same 11 v Plymouth at theirs.

Liverpool FC have released the following away ticket details for the FA Cup third-round replay against Plymouth Argyle.

The tie will be played at Home Park on Wednesday January 18, with kick-off 7.45pm GMT.

The club has received an allocation of 2,462 tickets for this all-ticket fixture.

Ticket prices

Adults – £20
Over 65s – £15
18-21s (Young adults) – £15
Under 18s – £7

Please be aware that supporters in possession of concessionary tickets may be asked for ID at the turnstiles.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Austinkopite4eva

• Anny Roader
« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2017, 12:51:40 pm »
Anyone any idea when the dates for the 4th round ties be sorted, Tv etc... I know where not through yet but may need to sort work out.....

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2017, 12:53:30 pm »
Anyone any idea when the dates for the 4th round ties be sorted, Tv etc... I know where not through yet but may need to sort work out.....

28th I think

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2017, 02:05:26 pm »

From a selfish point of view, really hope we're not televise again. Just wanna go the game on a satD 3pm

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2017, 04:11:07 pm »
From a selfish point of view, really hope we're not televise again. Just wanna go the game on a satD 3pm

We're on saturday lunchtime tv - just got the 12.30pm slot.

Really wish they wouldn't put us on TV until we actually gave enough of a shit to pick most of the front line players.  We're fine with some dodgy internet stream from BEinSport until, say, the quarter finals.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The 2017/18 FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Monday 04/12/17 19:10 on BBC2/BT Sport
« Reply #273 on: December 3, 2017, 05:21:37 pm »
BALL NUMBERS ALSO IN THE OP

1 Bournemouth

2 Arsenal

3 Aston Villa

4 Barnsley

5 Birmingham

6 Bolton

7 Brentford

8 Brighton

9 Bristol City

10 Burnley

11 Burton Albion

12 Cardiff City

13 Chelsea

14 Crystal Palace

15 Derby

16 Everton

17 Fulham

18 Huddersfield

19 Hull

20 Ipswich

21 Leeds

22 Leicester

23 Liverpool

24 Manchester City

25 Manchester United

26 Middlesbrough

27 Millwall

28 Newcastle

29 Norwich

30 Nottingham Forest

31 Preston

32 QPR

33 Reading

34 Sheffield United

35 Sheffield Wednesday

36 Southampton

37 Stoke

38 Sunderland

39 Swansea City

40 Tottenham

41 Watford

42 West Brom

43 West Ham

44 Wolves

45 Woking OR Peterborough

46 MK Dons

47 Newport County

48 Wycombe

49 Port Vale OR Yeovil

50 Shrewsbury

51 Doncaster

52 Slough OR Rochdale

53 AFC Wimbledon

54 Stevenage

55 Mansfield

56 Luton

57 Bradford

58 Blackburn OR Crewe

59 Fylde OR Wigan

60 Gillingham OR Carlisle

61 Notts County

62 Forest Green OR Exeter

63 Fleetwood OR Hereford

64 Coventry
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this is golden...
« Reply #274 on: December 3, 2017, 07:45:45 pm »
Just to clarify in case you were wondering (as I was) it's 'AFC Bournemouth' which is why they are ball Number 1...
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #275 on: December 3, 2017, 08:07:24 pm »
I used to love cup draw day as a kid!
Mansfield away would be good.
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 3, 2017, 08:24:03 pm »
Just to clarify in case you were wondering (as I was) it's 'AFC Bournemouth' which is why they are ball Number 1...

How relevant is that given AFC Wimbledon are 53, Coventry 64?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: December 3, 2017, 08:28:29 pm »

Think they must have numbered them before todays fixtures then just added todays winners (or replays) on at the end.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #278 on: December 3, 2017, 10:12:12 pm »
Let’s have an away with a huge allocation

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: December 3, 2017, 10:13:11 pm »

Premier league and championship numbers 1-44, beyond that not a clue