Author Topic: [World Cup 2018] South American qualifiers  (Read 70273 times)

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: [World Cup 2018] South American qualifiers
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2015, 01:29:12 am »
Yeah , he needs to control that temper though - was close to getting sent off tonight  ;D

When's Suarez back anyway ? How many more games of the ban has he left ?

I think he's served it all now, eligible for the next international I believe?

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2015, 01:29:46 am »
I think he's served it all now, eligible for the next international I believe?

Yeah , just checked. That was the last game . Back for Brazil in March.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2015, 01:31:39 am »
Neymar scores but offside.

Swear he's become a better player since getting rid of that awful  haircut  ;D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2015, 01:40:53 am »
3-0 Brazil

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2015, 03:02:47 pm »
Possession:
Chile 71% - Uruguay 29%.

Passes:
Chile 397 attempts, 356 successful, 90% accuracy.
Uruguay 69 attempts, 55 successful, 80% accuracy.

Goal chances:
Uruguay 6 (scored 3), Chile 2 (scored none).  ;D ;D ;D

Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce would be proud.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2015, 03:40:37 pm »
Possession:
Chile 71% - Uruguay 29%.

Passes:
Chile 397 attempts, 356 successful, 90% accuracy.
Uruguay 69 attempts, 55 successful, 80% accuracy.

Goal chances:
Uruguay 6 (scored 3), Chile 2 (scored none).  ;D ;D ;D

Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce would be proud.

Uruguay are a very industrious, physical and workmen like side with little flair, and have been for quite a while. Suarez is really their only source of magic. It was hoped Lodeiro could provide that x-factor they lack in midfield, but he's never really developed in the way many thought he would.

They'll always have a chance in games because they work incredibly hard throughout the side, and have a solid setup and have one of the best CB partnerships in the world football in Godin and Gimenez. I think it's also important to highlight that they have a tiny population and punch well above their weight in world football.

Gimenez is very underrated. Alot swoon over Varane, Laporte, Stones, Marquinhos, and I understand why, as they're all fine young defenders, particularly Marquinhos and Varane (who is such an elegant defender), but since the U20 WC and through to the present day Gimenez has performed at such a high level and has been consistent with it. He isn't a ball playing defender, but he's fast, athletic, phsyical, excellent in the air and a true warrior. Atleti are very lucky to have him alongside Godin, with the likes of Savic, Lucas, Velesquez in reserve.

I think they should bring back Manquillo soon who could be Juanfran's long term replacement, but it seems it he isn't as highly regarded as a lot of their other prospects, despite performing excellently through Spain's youth teams.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:43:44 pm by Serano »

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2016, 05:26:52 pm »
Chile in turmoil, with Sampaoli announcing his resignation as manager and two players receiving bans by FIFA: Valdivia (4 games, red carded after the match with Uruguay ended), and Vargas (2 games, made obscene gestures against the Chilean fans when subbed).

"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2016, 01:30:34 am »
Argentina just beat Chile 2-1 away , Colombia beat Bolivia 3-2 .

Brazil v Uruguay tomorrow night with Suarez' first game back !! (00:45 Saturday morning)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2016, 01:20:42 pm »
Suarez v Coutinho tonight ?  (Brazil v Uruguay , 00:45)

Luis Suárez returns to a thriving Uruguay camp ready to unsettle Brazil

The Barcelona striker’s international ban ends with a return to Brazil for Friday’s World Cup qualifier where he rejoins a team already on the up and confident he has put past misdeeds behind him.

From a narrative point of view, it would have been better if Uruguay had been struggling in World Cup qualification. It is appropriate that Luis Suárez’s return after his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup in Brazil should come in a World Cup qualifier in Brazil, on Friday, but a sense of drama demands that he should be riding buck-toothed over the horizon to drag Uruguay from a position of hopelessness to qualification for Russia. As it is, he returns to a Uruguay side who are actually in pretty good shape.

There has been almost nothing about Suárez’s absence from international football that has not been absurd. His offence was absurd: a man biting another man in front of a live audience of 40,000 while millions of others watched on television. His sentence was absurd – nine competitive international games, amounting to 21 months, when you could break someone’s leg with a callous tackle and get away with a week’s suspension. And the Uruguayan response that weirdly cast the whole episode as an English-media conspiracy (still being pursued in El Pais this week) was absurd. As ever, the basic rule remains: if you don’t want people to talk about you biting Giorgio Chiellini, don’t bite Giorgio Chiellini.

Óscar Tabárez, now in his 10th year as Uruguay coach, at least seems to acknowledge now that Suárez must take responsibility. “As a person, he must have emotions, he must have a lot going on in his head after almost two years away from the national team,” he said this week. “One of the objectives that we set out is for him to think about playing football and nothing else.

“I recognise his importance as a footballer, how symbolic everything he does is, how important he is for the people of this country but he is coming to take part in a team. He is going to play against teams who recognise the potential he has and who are going to do everything they can to stop him, so he has to be very fresh, more than mature.”

Suárez himself has spoken of “being more intelligent about a lot of things, trying to take advantage of the situations life is putting in front of me” and of “working over the last few weeks on trying to control my anxiety, my nerves”. Which is probably what he has to say, however weird it may be when you start to think about precisely what working on not biting people may entail.

The fact is that his form, and his attitude, have both been exceptional for Barcelona this season, and for Uruguay that is extremely good news. To a side who are already playing well, they are adding one of the two best centre‑forwards in the world. That might not be great news, however, for Diego Rolán or Abel Hernández, the players likely to make way for him.

It’s not just that Uruguay, before this round of games, sat second in the Conmebol group. It’s who they’ve beaten and the way they have beaten them. The only blip was the defeat away against Ecuador, who have begun qualifying with four successive wins. That was one of the two games at altitude out of the way, and Uruguay won the other, beating Bolivia 2-0 in La Paz. There are many who would settle for three points from the two games in the Andes.

Uruguay’s two home games, meanwhile, have both brought impressive 3-0 wins, against a Colombia side who, since the decline of Radamel Falcao, are frustratingly less than the sum of their parts, and against the Copa América champions, Chile. There is no recovery to be inspired, rather an extremely solid base to be augmented.

Suárez has, though, chosen to raise the stakes, betting on the outcome with his Barcelona team-mate and friend, Neymar: the loser has to buy the winner a burger. That they do get on so well – the two and Lionel Messi are neighbours, have a WhatsApp group and are described by Gerard Piqué as being closer than any other three footballers he has ever seen – may help ease Suárez back into the national side; certainly Neymar is not going to be supportive of any plan to wind up his great mate.

For all their recent struggles, and what might generously be described as Dunga’s preference for experienced players, Brazil away remains a major test – they have never lost a home World Cup qualifier and Uruguay have beaten them only once in Brazil in 17 meetings since the final game of the 1950 World Cup. But Uruguay are in the happy position that they can absorb setbacks. Four points from the game in Recife and next week’s home game against Peru would leave them extremely well-placed.

Thoughts may also have begun to drift to the centenary Copa América to be played in the United States in June. With Brazil likely to take a development squad, Chile suffering a post-Copa hangover and without the inspiration of Jorge Sampaoli, and Colombia not what they ought to be, Uruguay have a very decent chance of repeating their success in Buenos Aires 100 years ago.

Before that, though, there is a vulnerable Brazil to be dealt with and, for Suárez, some personal redemption to be sought. Reintegration would be enough.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/mar/24/luis-suarez-uruguay-brazil?CMP=twt_gu

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2016, 01:55:12 pm »
Argentina just beat Chile 2-1 away

I know football isn't about fairness (or, like Snoop from "The Wire" would say: "deserve got nuthin' to do with it") but the result was unfair as fuck.  Rojo fouled Mati Fernández during the first two minutes of the match with no yellow card in return and then Mati had to be subbed before even 5 minutes had passed - even then, we managed to score and were playing well.

Until near the 15 minute mark, Marcelo Diaz injured himself and we were forced to make another substitution. Two subs in 15 minutes, Argentina seized the moment and before Rabello (who played horribly, BTW, and was rightly subbed during the second half) entered the pitch they managed to even the score.

Then they scored again a couple of minutes after and that was pretty much it - they basically did fuck all during the rest of the match, save for a couple of chances without much danger.

So we faced Argentina without Vidal, Aránguiz, Vargas, Valdivia and lost Fernandez and Diaz during the match - I'd say we were unlucky as fuck, especially because of the last two: we lost our main creative player and our main destroyer, so obviously the team became unbalanced. And even then, we didn't play badly at all (except for Rabello doing fuck all and Mena also being irrelevant), so it's not that bleak. I'm still pissed off though, but there's still hope.

Shame that Bravo will miss the next match thanks to a stupid yellow.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2016, 10:31:24 pm »
looking forward to Brazil vs Uruguay tonight...hope there will be a good stream available..

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2016, 11:38:33 pm »
According to often reliable https://twitter.com/FutAdelantado & https://twitter.com/FutbolModerno_:-

Brazil XI: Alisson; Alves, Miranda, David Luiz, Filipe Luis; Luiz Gustavo; Renato, Fernandinho; Costa, Neymar, Willian.

Uruguay XI: Muslera; Fucile, Victorino, Coates, Pereira; Sanchez, Vecino, Arevalo, Rodriguez; Cavani, Suárez.

Seems there's a few eyebrows raised at Renato Augusto starting ahead of Coutinho.

Streams:-

http://hdfree.tv/watch/16/brazil-vs-uruguay.html

http://live.robinwidget.com/livematches/free-live-video-streaming-brazil-uruguay-football-282679.html

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/brazil-vs-uruguay-live-streaming
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:54:56 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2016, 12:27:35 am »
Dunga is not known for his team selections , no  surprise to see Coutinho on the bench there .

Should be interesting to see what Luis can do to that Brazilian defence !!

This is an English language BeIn Sports stream , usually pretty good :

http://goatd.net/143177/watch-brazil-vs-uruguay

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2016, 12:33:29 am »
Dunga is not known for his team selections , no  surprise to see Coutinho on the bench there .

Should be interesting to see what Luis can do to that Brazilian defence !!

This is an English language BeIn Sports stream , usually pretty good :

http://goatd.net/143177/watch-brazil-vs-uruguay

Nice one mate - hope Ray Hudson is on comms :)

Should be interesting to see just how quickly Uruguay can get the ball to Suarez - and how much support he gets joining him. Hope Coates does well too.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2016, 12:44:00 am »
Proper struggling for a decent stream here, can't get the ones above to work  :no

Anyone found anything decent on kodi?
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2016, 12:47:40 am »
Proper struggling for a decent stream here, can't get the ones above to work  :no

Not for kodi - but try here http://www.atdhe24.net/ - scroll down and there should be 10 or so links to the Brazil vs Uruguay game

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2016, 12:48:48 am »
I know football isn't about fairness (or, like Snoop from "The Wire" would say: "deserve got nuthin' to do with it") but the result was unfair as fuck.  Rojo fouled Mati Fernández during the first two minutes of the match with no yellow card in return and then Mati had to be subbed before even 5 minutes had passed - even then, we managed to score and were playing well.

Until near the 15 minute mark, Marcelo Diaz injured himself and we were forced to make another substitution. Two subs in 15 minutes, Argentina seized the moment and before Rabello (who played horribly, BTW, and was rightly subbed during the second half) entered the pitch they managed to even the score.

Then they scored again a couple of minutes after and that was pretty much it - they basically did fuck all during the rest of the match, save for a couple of chances without much danger.

So we faced Argentina without Vidal, Aránguiz, Vargas, Valdivia and lost Fernandez and Diaz during the match - I'd say we were unlucky as fuck, especially because of the last two: we lost our main creative player and our main destroyer, so obviously the team became unbalanced. And even then, we didn't play badly at all (except for Rabello doing fuck all and Mena also being irrelevant), so it's not that bleak. I'm still pissed off though, but there's still hope.

Shame that Bravo will miss the next match thanks to a stupid yellow.

I fell asleep after Argentina scored , missed most of the game  ;D

You're right about Rojo and losing Mati . Sure you will qualify in place of Paraguay when you have a full strength team together , long way to go yet !

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2016, 12:49:05 am »
Not for kodi - but try here http://www.atdhe24.net/ - scroll down and there should be 10 or so links to the Brazil vs Uruguay game

Cheers mate
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2016, 12:53:45 am »

Phoenix sports is woking fine for me
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2016, 12:55:39 am »
Nice one mate - hope Ray Hudson is on comms :)

Should be interesting to see just how quickly Uruguay can get the ball to Suarez - and how much support he gets joining him. Hope Coates does well too.

No Ray Hudson !! Not sure if I'm disappointed or not . ;D

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2016, 12:56:52 am »
1-0 to Brazil. Costa on 42 seconds.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2016, 12:56:54 am »
1-0 Brazil already !!

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2016, 12:57:10 am »
Brazil scores in less than a minute.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2016, 12:57:18 am »
What a start - terrible defending from Uruguay !

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2016, 12:58:50 am »
No Ray Hudson !! Not sure if I'm disappointed or not . ;D

Gutted - if the game is dire he'd liven it up with his 'like a squirrel on the washing line you just cannot knock him off the ball' type lines :)

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2016, 01:00:08 am »
excellent sopcast, in spanish though

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/258920
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2016, 01:00:45 am »
Here's the Brazil goal, in case you've missed it

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2016, 01:01:09 am »
Gutted - if the game is dire he'd liven it up with his 'like a squirrel on the washing line you just cannot knock him off the ball' type lines :)

Hahaha , definitely  ;D

Must be the European English comms on this stream . Maybe someone has the US Bein Sports stream ?

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2016, 01:12:43 am »
Can't tell if some of the Uruguayans are going down a little easy, or the Brazilians are leaving a bit in on them?

Gone through 4/5 BeIn Sports links - only English comms is the one with this normal sounding guy. Seems no Hudson tonight  :(

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2016, 01:21:22 am »
2-0 !!

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2016, 01:21:42 am »
what a goal, that one.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2016, 01:21:59 am »
2-0, Renato

Can't tell if some of the Uruguayans are going down a little easy, or the Brazilians are leaving a bit in on them?

Every time Cavani has touched the ball hes gone down like a sack of shit

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2016, 01:22:20 am »
Good finish but the Uruguayan defence are definitely missing Godin tonight .

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2016, 01:24:14 am »
2-0, Renato

Every time Cavani has touched the ball hes gone down like a sack of shit

Cavani was obviously a success in Italy for Napoli but every time I have seen him play for Uruguay he has been terrible .

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2016, 01:27:13 am »
Haha Cavani scores after I say that !!  ;D

2-1 !!

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2016, 01:27:14 am »
Cavani was obviously a success in Italy for Napoli but every time I have seen him play for Uruguay he has been terrible .

agreed.

And just when I'm posting this, he scores! We probably jinxed it :P

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2016, 01:27:43 am »
agreed.

And just when I'm posting this, he scores! We probably jinxed it :P

;D

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2016, 01:28:54 am »
Suarez should be able to tear this Brazilian defence apart if he gets the service .

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2016, 01:30:42 am »
Goals are already up on https://twitter.com/voetbalformat

Nice jinxing you pair :)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2016, 01:33:02 am »
Goals are already up on https://twitter.com/voetbalformat

Nice jinxing you pair :)

;D

I think he's a great finisher but lacks intelligence pretty often .