Author Topic: Rio Ferdinand's wife dead from cancer aged 35.  (Read 13058 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rio Ferdinand's wife dead from cancer aged 35.
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2017, 09:29:40 pm »
BBC documentary 9pm about him tomorrow and bereaved families

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08kzclp
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2017, 11:09:24 pm »
Never really liked him to be honest but got to feel for him in this situation. Very tough for him and his family. Must be awful.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2017, 10:02:20 pm »
I know as Reds we take the mickey out of him a lot but watching that was really tough and I really feel for him.

He hasn't really grieved and he's struggling to open up which is having a negative effect on his kids being able to grieve as well. I hope he finds a way to express how he feels inside and let's it all out as it seems he won't be able to find any kind of closure until he does. He will also be able to help his kids more and they might open up to him more if they see him open up.

Hope I've worded that properly as it's not meant as criticism of him in any way.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15:24 pm »
Didnt really want to watch it as I knew it was going to be hard , but not only was it about him but others in the same horrible situation , and hopefully will help others suffering in silence and bottling all that grief up .

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2017, 10:27:55 pm »
anyway to watch northern ireland bbc1 on sky tv in England?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2017, 10:40:16 pm »
That was tough to watch .....but for the Grace of god that was me and my kids ...wouldn't wish that on anyone folks ....

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2017, 10:58:30 pm »
Just watching it now. Seriously tough viewing.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2017, 07:55:33 am »
Very sad news
RIP

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2017, 08:05:19 am »
Was tough viewing but credit to Rio Ferdinand for putting it out there. Hopefully it encourages others in similar situations to seek help.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2017, 11:37:16 am »
Did he sing with the rest of his teammates "without killing anyone"?  anyways i actually watched last night heavy viewing all the way through.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2017, 06:57:59 pm »
Did he sing with the rest of his teammates "without killing anyone"?  anyways i actually watched last night heavy viewing all the way through.

Is there really any need pal?

I watched it, real tough viewing . I can't imagine the affect that would have on not only Ferdinand but the children especially . 35 is no age.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2017, 08:33:05 pm »
Absolutely tragic. Heartbreaking stuff.

God bless Rio and all the other families missing their mother.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2017, 09:18:59 pm »
Never liked him as a footballer, but as a human, a normal guy, I have such massive respect for him after what he is going through.

Tough, tough viewing that programme  :'(
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2017, 10:39:19 pm »
Heart goes out to Rio and especially his kids. Their poor mother never had it easy in life or death. Having to put up with a cheating husband and his non stop stream of girlfriends, then dying at 35.Life is not fair.
Cheap shot that lad.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2017, 10:40:15 pm »
Did he sing with the rest of his teammates "without killing anyone"? 
Are you for real?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40