Author Topic: The Everton Mañana Topic  (Read 2372320 times)

Offline Phil M

• "Those who want respect, give respect". Tony Soprano. Undercover RAWK Mod.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • “Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: The Everton Mañana Topic
« Reply #37160 on: March 16, 2017, 08:00:02 PM »
Well done the Ev for this.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Laughter is the best medicine...

• unless you're actually ill.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37161 on: March 16, 2017, 08:16:38 PM »
Aye, Everton fans by and large despise that and a good few of the more prominent ones on twitter have regularly called the club out over this

Offline Red Beret

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #37162 on: March 16, 2017, 08:26:09 PM »
Fair play to Everton fans. 
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline only5times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
« Reply #37163 on: March 17, 2017, 10:29:41 AM »
Once again the Blues step forward in support. Much appreciated.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Lycan

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37164 on: March 17, 2017, 11:07:00 AM »
Can never question them when it comes to Hillsborough.

Offline moondog

• dot com!
  • Kopite
« Reply #37165 on: March 18, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »
Showing their master some disrespect by taking the 6th spot today.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Believer
  • ...All the best
« Reply #37166 on: March 18, 2017, 05:04:31 PM »
They truly lucked out with Lukaku. Will be interesting to see what they do with his money in the summer, it's extremely difficult for the club of their stature to find a striker who can score 20+ goals in the league, their fans will be disappointed if they think they can replace him just like that even with a lot of money at their disposal.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #37167 on: March 18, 2017, 05:24:53 PM »
They truly lucked out with Lukaku. Will be interesting to see what they do with his money in the summer, it's extremely difficult for the club of their stature to find a striker who can score 20+ goals in the league, their fans will be disappointed if they think they can replace him just like that even with a lot of money at their disposal.

The problem I envisage is one where they try to replace Lukaku like-for-like. Not necessarily in style of play, but a top quality, 20 goal a season striker. You know, the kind of striker like Lukaku who wants to play Champions League football. They will get a bare minimum of £50 million for him and they will have the cash to reinvest but the smart play would be to continue to improve the squad. Of course they will need to buy a striker to replace him but 2 or 3 15-20 million signings will be better for them than trying to look everywhere and kid themselves that they can attract a superstar (or even someone a tier below with potential to go higher like Lacazette).

They need a new goalie, Baines is on the wane and they need a couple of centre halves. Gueye and Schneiderlin together is a decent pairing and Davies looks like a talent. But I think they'll do a West Ham and throw money (or at least pretend to) at every striker across Europe in the hope one says yes. They are a massive, massive club after all.

Offline Laughter is the best medicine...

• unless you're actually ill.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37168 on: March 18, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
Part of me thinks they could get icardi if they throw enough at him, no big club seems to want him for the obvious reasons and he could get paid more at the shite than at inter.

Luke shaw could be a decent option for them in the summer, would have to get him to take a big pay cut tho.

Offline Caligula?

• would have blushed? Attention! Not attractive!
  • Believer
« Reply #37169 on: March 18, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
They've picked up more points and scored more goals than any other side in the Premier League in 2017 so far.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #37170 on: March 18, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »

The problem I envisage is one where they try to replace Lukaku like-for-like. Not necessarily in style of play, but a top quality, 20 goal a season striker. You know, the kind of striker like Lukaku who wants to play Champions League football. They will get a bare minimum of £50 million for him and they will have the cash to reinvest but the smart play would be to continue to improve the squad. Of course they will need to buy a striker to replace him but 2 or 3 15-20 million signings will be better for them than trying to look everywhere and kid themselves that they can attract a superstar (or even someone a tier below with potential to go higher like Lacazette).

They need a new goalie, Baines is on the wane and they need a couple of centre halves. Gueye and Schneiderlin together is a decent pairing and Davies looks like a talent. But I think they'll do a West Ham and throw money (or at least pretend to) at every striker across Europe in the hope one says yes. They are a massive, massive club after all.

And this is where I see their problem being. Lukaku has been involved in 27 of their 51 league goals this season. I think the only team more dependent on one player might be Sunderland, who have relied on Defoe to either score or assist 16 of their 24 goals. They also have plenty of long-term holes that need to be filled: Williams, Baines and Jagielka are all in their mid-30s. They could do with a first-choice keeper too. Schneiderlin will likely be Barry's replacement for the next few seasons. However, they also have a chronic need for depth up-front too.  Forwards are not cheap.

Everton would arguably need a Lukaku replacement and another one. Enner Valencia and Arouna Kone have scored an anemic three goals combined.  And given Valencia is on loan, Niasse will be loaned or sold again and Kone is massively injury-prone and 34, they could end-up realistically needing to recruit  three forwards.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:53:39 PM by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #37171 on: March 18, 2017, 05:55:05 PM »
They've picked up more points and scored more goals than any other side in the Premier League in 2017 so far.

They've had a piss easy run though to be fair. You can only beat what is in front of you I suppose, so they do deserve credit. But the one properly good side they faced they lost to, 3-2 flattered Everton when they faced Spurs. Hull, West Brom, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Palace. They couldn't really have asked for many better teams to face.

Offline only5times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
« Reply #37172 on: March 18, 2017, 06:06:21 PM »
They've had a piss easy run though to be fair. You can only beat what is in front of you I suppose, so they do deserve credit. But the one properly good side they faced they lost to, 3-2 flattered Everton when they faced Spurs. Hull, West Brom, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Palace. They couldn't really have asked for many better teams to face.
Pity we fkn struggled against some of them.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37173 on: March 18, 2017, 06:11:13 PM »
Flattered by their fixture list just like in the first half of the season till the tough games come acround and they flopped. Lets see how good they are in 2 weeks, given our 2017 results against little nothing clubs like themselves a result shouldnt be beyond them but they'll bottle it.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #37174 on: March 18, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »
Looking forward to smacking these back down in two weeks time.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • In a squeeze play on the cheesy side of town
« Reply #37175 on: March 18, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »

Koeman for Arsenal?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #37176 on: March 18, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »

No they, should buy Rickie Lambert, Emre Can, Alberto, Moreno and Balotelli with the money.

Sorry, thought I was reading a post from summer 2014 after we got the Suarez money....as you were.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #37177 on: March 18, 2017, 08:39:21 PM »
I like when they're confident going into the derby.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Believer
  • We won it 5 times......
« Reply #37178 on: March 18, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »
It's slightly mad that Lukaku is the first Ev player to score 20+ goals in the premier league for them given they've always occupied around 6th place, although not so much when you actually look at the players who held the previous high scoring records :D
Raw kite.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Believer
« Reply #37179 on: March 20, 2017, 04:44:43 PM »
So it seems they are going to be announcing plans for a new stadium this week. Apparently my head will fall off according to a very odd individual who couldn't comprehend that i actually do not care.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #37180 on: March 20, 2017, 05:31:22 PM »
So it seems they are going to be announcing plans for a new stadium this week. Apparently my head will fall off according to a very odd individual who couldn't comprehend that i actually do not care.

Key word there is..announce.

Not pay for... ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #37181 on: March 20, 2017, 06:51:48 PM »
Key word there is..announce.

Not pay for... ;)

I've never seen them so giddy. It's hilarious. Our heads are falling off apparently. Yeah, definitely. I hope it gets built. My head will fall off with laughter at the thought of them building a 60,000 seater stadium and the subsequent realisation that it will have 20,000 empty seats every fortnight.

Or my head will fall off in 2 years time when it dawns on them that they have 'funding' issues and it goes the same way as the Kings Dock plan, or the Tesco stadium, or the Walton Park stadium. History has a way of repeating itself, somehow they are oblivious to this.

Online arthur sarnoff

• Believer
« Reply #37182 on: March 20, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »
God, I hope they don't end up with 50 million quids worth of drawings like we did. 

Seriously, they never learn, do they? 

Offline John C

• Likes it kinky. Feedback loiterer. mere clutz. Looks like Terry Wogan (dead).
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #37183 on: March 20, 2017, 07:26:55 PM »
It's a 50,000 seater not a 60,000 anyway.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Believer
  • "Alonso!!! And Mission Impossible Is Accomplished"
« Reply #37184 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:49 PM »

I'll be amazed if it's over 40,000

It will probably be something along the same lines as the King Power or St. Andrews

About 35,000 is my guess. And they'll still struggle to fill it
“When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Believer
« Reply #37185 on: March 20, 2017, 07:36:58 PM »
So does that mean my head won't fall off ? Yay. So relieved.
Absolute wierdos most of them.

Online pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37186 on: March 20, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »

;D Thought I'd look at their stadium thread to see some actual news and unsurprisingly it's all about us. Really, really weird. Can anyone tell me what we are all meant to get upset about? A football team playing in a new football stadium? Is that it? And look at how incredible the likes of Arsenal, Sunderland, Darlington, Reading and co are now! As long as they fund it themselves I couldn't care.

In fairness they did stop talking about us for 2 minutes to say stuff like "We can fill it forever because West Ham do and we are bigger than them". Ignoring the fact that whatever West Ham say the attendances are it looks half empty each week and will be even more so when the novelty has worn off and the team is still shite.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 96
« Reply #37187 on: March 20, 2017, 07:53:35 PM »
We have this right twat at work and he's just got himself a flash $70K car.  Now he's got a flashy new toy but he's still a twat.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online zero zero

• The persecutor in a pseudo-scientific triangle. Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37188 on: March 20, 2017, 08:14:40 PM »

;D Thought I'd look at their stadium thread to see some actual news and unsurprisingly it's all about us. Really, really weird. Can anyone tell me what we are all meant to get upset about? A football team playing in a new football stadium? Is that it? And look at how incredible the likes of Arsenal, Sunderland, Darlington, Reading and co are now! As long as they fund it themselves I couldn't care.
This is the crucial stage missing from the above scenario where they always have problems. No doubt a billionaire accountant like Doshiri is just begging to fund it himself.

Online jillc

• I'm a Believer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37189 on: March 20, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »

Can they fill a 50,000 seater, they struggle enough selling out the current one. In fact they are forever flogging off tickets on our council website.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #37190 on: March 20, 2017, 08:29:39 PM »
Can they fill a 50,000 seater, they struggle enough selling out the current one. In fact they are forever flogging off tickets on our council website.  ;D

Buy two Happy Meals at Mickey D's and you get a voucher for a free season ticket.  ;)

Offline John C

• Likes it kinky. Feedback loiterer. mere clutz. Looks like Terry Wogan (dead).
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #37191 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:46 PM »
I'll be amazed if it's over 40,000

50,000 seater proposal but lets see if they get the dosh first :)

Offline Kekule

• Kopite
« Reply #37192 on: March 20, 2017, 08:33:33 PM »
So what do we reckon, will it be an identikit soulless bowl or will they have let the lad on an apprenticeship have a go at designing it and do for stadia what Homer Simpson did for cars?

Online jillc

• I'm a Believer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37193 on: March 20, 2017, 08:34:25 PM »
Buy two Happy Meals at Mickey D's and you get a voucher for a free season ticket.  ;)

It would take more than a voucher at Mickey D for me to go there, unless we're playing them of course.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #37194 on: March 20, 2017, 08:35:22 PM »
They will get a bare minimum of £50 million for him and they will have the cash to reinvest but the smart play would be to continue to improve the squad.

That has never worked for anyone in recent memory. Us with Suarez, Napoli with Cavani, Spurs with Bale, you have to put the money back into that same position. Lukaku cost £28m and they will sell for about £50m, they need another £25-30m player to replace the things he offers.
PSN: Level-Frontier

Offline JayH93

• Believer
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #37195 on: March 20, 2017, 08:38:59 PM »
Can just feel that my head is about to fall off, lads.

Online CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #37196 on: March 20, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »
How many proposals will this be now that they've announced? They on the hatrick?

Offline 4pool

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #37197 on: March 20, 2017, 08:44:36 PM »
How many proposals will this be now that they've announced? They on the hatrick?

Going past that..

Kings Dock, Tesco stadium, and then Walton Park.

Offline Bigly Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37198 on: March 20, 2017, 08:52:51 PM »
Going past that..

Kings Dock, Tesco stadium, and then Walton Park.
Not to mention the shared stadium in Stanley Park, they tried to hijack.  ;)

Offline Bigly Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37199 on: March 20, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »

That's absolute quality. That fella should be earning a living on the stage, with levels of delusion like that.

Brilliant.  Pure comedy gold. :D