Author Topic: The Everton Mañana Topic  (Read 2254111 times)

Offline Claus

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Everton Mañana Topic
« Reply #37120 on: March 15, 2017, 07:56:27 AM »
Why don't they simply offer him half a million a week? Problem solved. After all Moshi laughs at FFP.

They can offer him half a billion a week, he'll still never see the champions league.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37121 on: March 15, 2017, 08:11:24 AM »
They can offer him half a billion a week, he'll still never see the champions league.

Well, he might. If he stays in the city he could come and get tickets for the CL games at Anfield next season  (hopefully)

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • A team that plays the Liverpool way...
« Reply #37122 on: March 15, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »
Prentice from the Red Echo on the radio, saying that although Champions League is beyond them this season, Europa League is "nailed on" so Lukaku should stay. Essentially "the project" should persuade Lukakau to give up his dream of moving to a bigger club.
And as I rise above the treeline and the clouds
I look down...

Online only5times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
« Reply #37123 on: March 15, 2017, 10:34:13 AM »
Peel reckon agreement close on dock stadium. My heads literally falling off!!!!!!!!
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Rysoph76

• Kopite
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #37124 on: March 15, 2017, 10:46:49 AM »
There is no way he will be there next season whether he signs or not. If he signed, it would only be to bump up his wage until he moves in the summer which is why they wanted the release clause to be lower than the 90m cos they know no one is paying that for him.

Online Crosby Wych

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Believer
« Reply #37125 on: March 15, 2017, 10:51:19 AM »
Apparently Lukaku wants £60m release fee, they want £90m. £90m is laughable, nobody would ever pay that for him.

Lukaku is a great goalscorer, but some weeks he doesn't even look arsed. He just jogs around upfront moaning and you may as well be playing with 10
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online mc_red22

• Believer
« Reply #37126 on: March 15, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »
Apparently they're all fuming on Twitter and what not because they've only been allocated around 2,700 tickets for the derby.

Online pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37127 on: March 15, 2017, 11:18:10 AM »

The main reason any of them want a new stadium, not for a chance at their team to improve, better facilities etc. Bizarre. I couldnt give a fuck what stadium anyone has really, infact I prefer all the older ones, give me Filbert Street or Highbury over the shit both of them have now anyday but really it's just a spot to stand in and support your team not admire the concrete or leg room. What are we meant to be bothered about exactly anyway? We play in one of the most iconic stadiums in world sporting history soooooo.....! The only concern of mine is they pay for it themselves, that fat c*nt Anderson needs close eyes on him.

Online OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #37128 on: March 15, 2017, 11:27:51 AM »
Apparently they're all fuming on Twitter and what not because they've only been allocated around 2,700 tickets for the derby.

Not far from 20 years without a win at Anfield for them :wave
PSN: Level-Frontier

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #37129 on: March 15, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »
Thanks to Everton...LFC were started 125 years ago.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #37130 on: March 15, 2017, 12:25:42 PM »
Apparently Lukaku wants £60m release fee, they want £90m.
I doubt that's the real reason though. Truth is he's had a great season and has seen his name lit up in champions league lights. He'll be off.

Online utter utter bastard

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #37131 on: March 15, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »
But doesn't he know Koemen's sitting on a hundred million war chest, biding his time?

Online Red Beret

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #37132 on: March 15, 2017, 01:03:56 PM »
Thanks to Everton...LFC were started 125 years ago.

Their greatest achievement!  ;D

Apparently Lukaku wants £60m release fee, they want £90m. £90m is laughable, nobody would ever pay that for him.

Nobody's paying £60m for him either.  Didn't they turn that down in the summer because they wanted something crazy like £75m?  They'll be lucky to get £45m for him this summer, and even if they price him out of a move he'll spend next season in a toxic environment where all the Bitters hate his guts and he'll be even less arsed to perform.  And then he might just try to buy himself out of his contract, just to be rid of them.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Road South and Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37133 on: March 15, 2017, 01:06:04 PM »
I presume our heads are falling off because when they have a shiny new stadium all the players who might have joined us will opt for them instead in the same way that Espanyol are nicking all Barca's top targets?
Fucking thick, inbred, bandy-legged, Kev Webster lookalike bellends.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #37134 on: March 15, 2017, 01:31:15 PM »
If you know your History:

July 20, 1871 - A new church in Everton

The people of Everton have a new place to worship as St Domingo Methodist Chapel opens its doors. Designed by Messrs. Hill and Swan and built at a cost of around £6,800, the church sits on the corner of St Domingo Vale and Breckfield Road North. As reported in the Liverpool Mercury: "The roof of the chapel is of a novel construction, formed of open laminated arched ribs, springing from stone corbels, and spanning the whole width of the chapel, thus obviating the objectionable necessity for piers and archers, yet producing an interior at once characteristic of a place of Christian worship and pleasing in its effect, and the acoustic properties will no doubt be exceedingly good."

October 18, 1879 - St Domingo FC's maiden outing

With the aim of encouraging sporting activity in the absence of cricket during the winter months, St Domingo form a football team. Their first game is played on this day in a corner of Stanley Park and ends in a 1-0 victory over Everton Church Club. In a 33-word report published the following Monday, the Liverpool Daily Courier describes the fixture as "closely-contested".

November, 1879 - A change of name

St Domingo's burgeoning reputation attracts a number of talented players to the club from outside the parish. In response to the changing make-up of the team, it is decided at a committee meeting held at the Queen's Head Hotel that a new name is needed. It is at this point that Everton Football Club comes into existence.

December 20, 1879 - Everton's first game

In their first run-out after the name change, Everton hammer local side St Peter's 6-0.

March 29, 1884 - On the move

Everton move away from Stanley Park and spend a season playing at Coney Green on Priory Road. They win their first ever trophy that year - clinching the Liverpool Cup with a 1-0 win over Earlestown on this date - but are soon on the lookout for a permanent home.

September 27, 1884 - Anfield becomes Everton's new home

Club president John Houlding agrees a deal for Everton to lease a patch of land opposite his house on Anfield Road, which is owned by Joseph Orrell. The Liverpool Courier reported: "Everton, the Liverpool cupholders, found themselves homeless at the commencement of the season, but were fortunate in securing temporary possession of a building site in Anfield Road, which is being enclosed at considerable cost. The ground is easy of access, being in close proximity to the Sandon, the headquarters of the club; and as it admirably suited to the pastimes, it will doubtless be the most popular of our local grounds during the winter months." Everton’s first game at their new home is a 5-0 win over Earlestown.

May 18, 1885 - John Houlding buys Anfield outright

When that land is eventually put up for sale by Orrell, Houlding purchases it outright at a cost of 5,228 pounds, 11 shillings and 11 pence. He announces the news at Everton’s annual general meeting on this day, as the Liverpool Mercury reported: “Mr. Houlding said he had purchased the ground now enclosed. He hoped full justice would be done by the public to the grand match to be played on Saturday between Everton and a picked team of the Liverpool clubs.”

October 29, 1891 - Discord begins

At meeting of Everton's members, Houlding is forced to defend himself against accusations of using the club to further his own interests, particularly in the case of his ownership of its headquarters at the Sandon Hotel. The Liverpool Daily Post wrote: "Mr. Houlding said he was very pleased with the reception he had met with. In 1885, before he purchased the football field the Sandon Hotel was doing quite as good business as now. He did not think anyone could accuse him of having made mutiny out of outdoor sports. Mr. Orrell had the lands left to him whereas he (Houlding) had to buy his position. The efforts of the members present had caused the club to reach the very highest position. The new members forget that the old ones had built up the club."

January 26, 1892 - The board splits

A dispute over the amount of rent Houlding is charging Everton causes of a seismic split within the club. Representatives meet in the president’s absence to discuss the possibility of moving away from Anfield to a patch of land that would later become Goodison Park. Houlding responds by registering a new business with Companies House called Everton Football Club and Athletic Ground Company Limited. A Field Sports report on the rift read: "Mr. Houlding will naturally retain possession of the stands and other erections at Anfield Road, and this will enormously increase the cost involved in putting the Goodison Road site in fit condition for football – a project which may possibly not be undertaken after all now that events have taken an extraordinary turn."

March 15, 1892

A turbulent meeting of Everton members ends in Houlding being removed from his position as president. Field Sports wrote: "The turn of the ways has at last commenced in the history of the Everton Football Club. Worse than all, the final split has been accompanied with such an amount of personal abuse and invective and totally unnecessary insult that all hope of conciliation must now be regarded as forever set at rest, and the only thing left for impartial men to do is to wish success to the two organisations which will now rise from the ashes of the famous Everton Football Club. Nearly four hundred members of the club assisted at the ceremony of expelling the President, Mr John Houlding, from his office." Houlding is left with a ground but no team to play in it so, together with close allies William E. Barclay and John McKenna, he decides to start a new team: Liverpool.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #37135 on: March 15, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »
Their greatest achievement!  ;D

Not as great an achievement as being the biggest club in the city before 1892.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37136 on: March 15, 2017, 05:26:06 PM »
Soooo, you're telling me Everton were actually St Domingo's and actually robbed the name off another church team they played?  :o

Online Red Beret

• Believer
« Reply #37137 on: March 15, 2017, 05:31:17 PM »
Soooo, you're telling me Everton were actually St Domingo's and actually robbed the name off another church team they played?  :o

Thieving Scousers.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kekule

• Kopite
« Reply #37138 on: March 15, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »
March 15, 1892

A turbulent meeting of Everton members ends in Houlding being removed from his position as president. Field Sports wrote: "The turn of the ways has at last commenced in the history of the Everton Football Club. Worse than all, the final split has been accompanied with such an amount of personal abuse and invective and totally unnecessary insult that all hope of conciliation must now be regarded as forever set at rest, and the only thing left for impartial men to do is to wish success to the two organisations which will now rise from the ashes of the famous Everton Football Club. Nearly four hundred members of the club assisted at the ceremony of expelling the President, Mr John Houlding, from his office." Houlding is left with a ground but no team to play in it so, together with close allies William E. Barclay and John McKenna, he decides to start a new team: Liverpool.

I wonder which side that came from?!   ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:55:27 PM by Kekule »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37139 on: March 15, 2017, 07:10:20 PM »
December 20, 1879 - Everton's first game

In their first run-out after the name change, Everton hammer local side St Peter's 6-0.

heard it was a tightly contested first half which finished 0-0 and the ev were roundly boo'd off the pitch, st peter's were in shock as it was the first time booing had ever been heard at a football match and crumbled in the 2nd half. another famous everton first
PSN: FiSh250505

Online Red Beret

• Believer
« Reply #37140 on: March 15, 2017, 07:51:20 PM »
first team to boo.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Wych

• Believer
« Reply #37141 on: March 15, 2017, 10:35:11 PM »
Romelu Lukaku: “There were some players that we could have got, that I knew the club could have got, & they didn’t get.”

Sounds like the Kenwright special :lmao
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline thelinnen

• Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37142 on: March 15, 2017, 10:43:13 PM »
Romelu Lukaku: “There were some players that we could have got, that I knew the club could have got, & they didn’t get.”

I'm sure every Friday over the summer he had one eye on the front doors at Finch Farm.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Online Crosby Wych

• Believer
« Reply #37143 on: March 15, 2017, 10:46:28 PM »
Some quotes that will get them fewming

‘Everton as a club have a great history, right?’ Lukaku said. ‘But the future has to be written. You get me? We always talk about the teams of the 1980s and, if you look, it was great. But we, as players, want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them. No disrespect but you know what I mean? 

You cannot only be remembered by scoring goals. You want to be remembered by winning trophies. That is what the fans want. So instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead.

‘How this club has to grow, how this club has to improve. Which player does it want to bring in so you can challenge for the big trophies?

‘Sometimes I speak to Vincent Kompany, who was at Manchester City when it all happened. He said, “Rom, one summer I just came in and boom, boom, boom… Robinho from there, this guy came in, this guy came in”.

‘Everyone was criticising them but, at the end, there are two league titles, FA Cup here, League Cups there. That is what we want as players.’

‘Stuff is happening,’ said Lukaku. ‘But there were some players we could have got, that I knew the club could have got and they didn’t. And they are playing in this league. I’m not saying names but they are doing well.’

Online Crosby Wych

• Believer
« Reply #37144 on: March 15, 2017, 10:56:26 PM »
In stitches seeing these get retweeted from last summer

Remember they were gonna be the greatest

Online pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37145 on: March 15, 2017, 10:58:02 PM »
Those were the days, the transfer threads were filled with the likes of Higuain, Dybala and co.  ;D Good times! Now Lukaku has pretty much confirmed they are an ambitionless nothing club. That has to hurt!

Offline Nitramdorf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37146 on: March 15, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »
In stitches seeing these get retweeted from last summer

Remember they were gonna be the greatest

That Coutinho one is world class bullshit. They never fail to amuse, from gifs to quotes to caveats.

Offline Samie

• The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37147 on: March 16, 2017, 12:05:27 AM »

Everton as a club have a great history, right?’ Lukaku said. ‘But the future has to be written. You get me? We always talk about the teams of the 1980s and, if you look, it was great. But we, as players, want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them. No disrespect but you know what I mean? 

You cannot only be remembered by scoring goals. You want to be remembered by winning trophies. That is what the fans want. So instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead.

‘How this club has to grow, how this club has to improve. Which player does it want to bring in so you can challenge for the big trophies?

‘Sometimes I speak to Vincent Kompany, who was at Manchester City when it all happened. He said, “Rom, one summer I just came in and boom, boom, boom… Robinho from there, this guy came in, this guy came in”.

‘Everyone was criticising them but, at the end, there are two league titles, FA Cup here, League Cups there. That is what we want as players.’

‘Stuff is happening,’ said Lukaku. ‘But there were some players we could have got, that I knew the club could have got and they didn’t. And they are playing in this league. I’m not saying names but they are doing well.’

Lets' be honest that also applies to us to.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:07:34 AM by Samie »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • In a squeeze play on the cheesy side of town
« Reply #37148 on: March 16, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »
Prentice from the Red Echo on the radio, saying that although Champions League is beyond them this season, Europa League is "nailed on" so Lukaku should stay. Essentially "the project" should persuade Lukakau to give up his dream of moving to a bigger club.

Apparently Romeu is a big fan of 'new nightmare neighbour nextdoor' on C5 on thursday nights so would rather be at a club that plays tue/wed instead, that's the rumour I've heard.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Don’t think about it, just play football.
« Reply #37149 on: March 16, 2017, 12:48:51 AM »
Lets' be honest that also applies to us to.

say what? Him saying what happened at Man city doesn't apply to us or Everton, they have a sugar daddy with unlimited funds, if Lukaku seriously thinks that could happen at Everton, he's as thick as pig shit.

We can never be compared to their years of utter delussion.

"If you only find football great when you win, you should stay at home. You have to accept that you can give everything and still lose.." Jürgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37150 on: March 16, 2017, 01:07:31 AM »
Of course its' not as extreme as them lot.

But in the sense that we can't just keep looking at our past to remind us how great we were. Let's put thing's into place where we can have a better future.   We've won only one League Cup since our FA Cup win in 2006.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Believer
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #37151 on: March 16, 2017, 01:31:20 AM »
I love the fact that Lukaku can thrash talk the club about it's 'ho mom and crack-head dad and still stroll into the first team every game.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #37152 on: March 16, 2017, 01:48:27 AM »
Quote from: 4pool on Yesterday at 01:31:15 PM
March 15, 1892

I wonder which side that came from?!   ;D

:D
We are Liverpool!

Offline Son of Spion

• Anny Roader
  • Siempre Antifascista
« Reply #37153 on: March 16, 2017, 04:27:43 PM »
say what? Him saying what happened at Man city doesn't apply to us or Everton, they have a sugar daddy with unlimited funds, if Lukaku seriously thinks that could happen at Everton, he's as thick as pig shit.

We can never be compared to their years of utter delusion.

Maybe he swallowed the delusional bullshit peddled by Bitters who were claiming Doshiri was the second coming of Christ and would bankroll them half of the Barcelona team and let them cherrypick the cream of European talent. It beggared belief just how many of them swallowed that illusion/delusion. Maybe the promises of that master of delusion, The Esk, didn't help matters there.

It would have been crazy for Lukaku to stay with that lot if he has any true desire to actually win something in his career. He's already quoted what we already know. The fact that Everton are a stepping-stone club you go to in order to shop-window yourself in the hope a genuinely big club then comes in for you. When they do, and it feels right for you, you leave.
I'm Not The Prick You Think I Am, I'm A Takotsubo Man...

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37154 on: March 16, 2017, 04:30:46 PM »

Signing without signing .... without signing

;D

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Believer
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #37155 on: March 16, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »

‘Everton as a club have a great history, right?’ Lukaku said. ‘But the future has to be written. You get me? We always talk about the teams of the 1980s and, if you look, it was great. But we, as players, want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them. No disrespect but you know what I mean? 

You know what, I don't like Lukaku and think he is overrated but he comes across very honest there and just wants to win something, what any professional football should be wanting to do at the end of the day, others are in it to cruise through a career and just win mega bucks but players should be wanting to win silverware.

If that's his aim as it sounds and Everton have signed without signing as we joke and say (but is true) then he is more than entitled to jump ship in my eyes! They will hate him for that, I wonder what GOT is saying right now  ::)
PSN: randomPHIL
Instagram: randomphil
Twitter: www.twitter.com/philv86

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37156 on: March 16, 2017, 04:53:51 PM »
Will he end up at the Mancs?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #37157 on: March 16, 2017, 07:07:11 PM »

Poor guy probably spent the whole summer trawling the Esk's Twitter.

Online Crosby Road South and Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37158 on: March 16, 2017, 07:31:34 PM »
Will he end up at the Mancs?

I'd say them or Chelsea would be the most likely if he stays in England.
Fucking thick, inbred, bandy-legged, Kev Webster lookalike bellends.

Offline 4pool

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #37159 on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »
Fair do's to them for this.   :wave

Which is also in another thread here: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334759.80

Protest outside Goodison Park over Everton's decision NOT to ban the S*n

Scores of taxi drivers descended on Goodison Park in protest against Everton’s decision NOT to follow in the footsteps of Liverpool FC by banning the S*n from the club .

A taxi convoy parked up outside the Everton stadium emblazoned with ‘total eclipse of the S*n’ messages, while drivers stood at the side of the road with leaflets to spread the message.

“We believe Everton set a brilliant example since the Hillsborough disaster 28 years ago and supported Liverpool, we believe they should be doing exactly the same again now.

“We are calling on Everton Football Club to listen to the fans, to listen to the people of their city and to remove every single facility that’s afforded to the S*n.”

Banners were also tied to the railings of the club, reading “S*n not welcome here at the people’s club.”

In a video taken at the protest a driver said: “We are gathered here today in protest against Everton Football Club’s decision not to follow the lead set by Liverpool and ban the S*n.

“We believe Everton set a brilliant example since the Hillsborough disaster 28 years ago and supported Liverpool, we believe they should be doing exactly the same again now.

“We are calling on Everton Football Club to listen to the fans, to listen to the people of their city and to remove every single facility that’s afforded to the S*n.”

Last month Liverpool FC revealed that journalists from The S*n would no longer be allowed to report on matches or press conferences, nor would they be given any access to interview Liverpool players or staff at Anfield or the club’s Melwood training ground.

One of the taxi drivers involved in the protest told the ECHO: “The rag tarnished the memory of 96 friends and family; it trashed the name of an entire city. It will never be forgiven.

“We negotiated with both clubs for months asking them to reflect the wishes of their fan bases.

“Both clubs indicated they would stand together.

“We don’t understand why Everton FC Directors would now say that they don’t think EFC fans want them to take the same stance that LFC has.

“We call on EFC directors to reflect the wishes of their fans and disallow access to all S*n personnel to all club premises.”

Simon Magner, chair of Everton Supporters Trust 1878, said: “Evertonians have walked alongside Liverpool supporters, the families of the Hillsborough victims and the survivors of the disaster in their campaign for justice.

“They are our mums and dads, brothers and sisters, best friends and family.

“This support has been echoed by Everton Football Club and as Evertonians we have been proud of our club.

“It followed therefore that we expected Everton FC to follow the lead of Liverpool FC in this respect.

“Now, more than a month after the decision by Liverpool FC, Everton Supporters Trust 1878 now believe the time has come for Everton FC to also deny The S*n newspaper access to Goodison Park and the clubs Finch Farm training complex.

“The S*n’s lies and distortions of ‘the Truth’ were not just an attack on the victims of Hillsborough or of supporters of Liverpool FC. They were an attack on our city. Our response therefore should be from the whole city.

“As the boycott of The S*n by the people of Liverpool continues and more and more newsagents refuse to even sell the newspaper it would be outrageous and deeply embarrassing for Goodison Park to be the only place on Merseyside where The S*n continues to be welcomed.

“As Evertonians we ask our club to honour the 96, the survivors and their families and to ban The S*n.”

Everton FC have been contacted for comment.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...er-12750530#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare