Author Topic: The GAA Thread  (Read 633045 times)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
Re: GAA Thread 2012
« Reply #80 on: February 6, 2012, 09:48:59 am »
Had this question in a quiz a few months back. Was the only person out of 30 odd people to answer correctly.

Some got the name, others got one year, others got the two years. Nobody, other than my fine self, got all of it.

Do go on.....
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 6, 2012, 11:41:01 am »
It still baffles me how we lost that All Ireland.

78 still baffles me...shit happens, move on

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 6, 2012, 11:44:14 am »
Meath top of the league, get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *

*Division 2 obviously.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #83 on: February 6, 2012, 11:47:34 am »

You lost that one because they beat you by almost 20 points. i.e Kerry were clearly a better side than Dublin

They still are a better side than Dublin. I know you'll probably be blowing a gasket reading that, but they actually are 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #84 on: February 6, 2012, 11:49:28 am »
Do go on.....
Pat O' Neill in '76 and '77.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 6, 2012, 11:51:47 am »
You lost that one because they beat you by almost 20 points. i.e Kerry were clearly a better side than Dublin

They still are a better side than Dublin. I know you'll probably be blowing a gasket reading that, but they actually are 

do you remember the game?  I was at it, Kerry couldint get the ball off us for 25 minutes...we were sublime....All Ireland champions for the previous 2 years and where cruising...then shit happened

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #86 on: February 6, 2012, 02:24:05 pm »
do you remember the game?  I was at it, Kerry couldint get the ball off us for 25 minutes...we were sublime....All Ireland champions for the previous 2 years and where cruising...then shit happened
You're off your head. Kerry were tiping the ball around and were in cruise control, 4 points up with 8 minutes to go. Iv hardly ever seen us lose a game like that never mind an All Ireland final. Fair play to Dublin for winning it, but to say your memory of the the game is slightly skewed would be an understatement of mammoth proportions

It shouldn't, that was the greatest team of all time

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 6, 2012, 04:36:40 pm »
You're off your head. Kerry were tiping the ball around and were in cruise control, 4 points up with 8 minutes to go. Iv hardly ever seen us lose a game like that never mind an All Ireland final. Fair play to Dublin for winning it, but to say your memory of the the game is slightly skewed would be an understatement of mammoth proportions
 It shouldn't, that was the greatest team of all time

i was talking bout 78 ye mad thing not last September..

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 6, 2012, 05:13:16 pm »
I don't think Kilkenny have ever undeservedly won an All Ireland.

Lost a few undeservedly alright.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #89 on: February 6, 2012, 05:41:44 pm »
I don't think Kilkenny have ever undeservedly won an All Ireland.

Lost a few undeservedly alright.

Boll fucking ox

You didn't deserve it in 2009. You got awarded a penalty with 5 minutes to go which should have been a free out

You can thank the referee for your 4 in a row

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 6, 2012, 05:43:30 pm »
Boll fucking ox

You didn't deserve it in 2009. You got awarded a penalty with 5 minutes to go which should have been a free out

You can thank the referee for your 4 in a row
Not sure, Tipp got a few generous free earlier in that game.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #91 on: February 6, 2012, 05:49:35 pm »
Not sure, Tipp got a few generous free earlier in that game.

What about Eddie Brennan grabbing the face guard of his opponents helmet and dragging him to the ground?

Or Tommy Walsh blatantly chopping down on Lar Corbetts forearm?

Both of which under the letter of the law merit straight red cards? Or have you conveniently decided to forget those two incidents?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 6, 2012, 06:00:06 pm »
What about Eddie Brennan grabbing the face guard of his opponents helmet and dragging him to the ground?

Or Tommy Walsh blatantly chopping down on Lar Corbetts forearm?

Both of which under the letter of the law merit straight red cards? Or have you conveniently decided to forget those two incidents?
Neither as bad as that stroke on Tommy Walsh. Worthy of a red card that.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #93 on: February 6, 2012, 06:55:32 pm »
Neither as bad as that stroke on Tommy Walsh. Worthy of a red card that.

I like how you also conveniently ignore the fact that Tommy Walsh was pushing the back of Tommy Dunne's helmet up with the butt end of his hurley shortly before the incident occurred. But we wont talk about that or the other litany of cuntish things that he does because little Tommy is a very very good hurler isn't he? Tommy Dunne should have been burned at the steak for what he did to lil Tommy   

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 6, 2012, 07:04:33 pm »
I like how you also conveniently ignore the fact that Tommy Walsh was pushing the back of Tommy Dunne's helmet up with the butt end of his hurley shortly before the incident occurred. But we wont talk about that or the other litany of cuntish things that he does because little Tommy is a very very good hurler isn't he? Tommy Dunne should have been burned at the steak for what he did to lil Tommy
He's wasn't the first, and won't be the last, to be frustrated by Tommy Walsh's excellence.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #95 on: February 6, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »
He's wasn't the first, and won't be the last, to be frustrated by Tommy Walsh's excellence.

I don't think it was Tommy's excellence that caused him to crack. I mean, Dunne had only just come on as a sub if I recall. I think it might have just been Tommy acting the c*nt, as per usual. Anyways, as I said, he's a very very good hurler so we wont go there

That would be undeserved, right? :)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 6, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »
Speaking of Tipp, Lar has retired.

Bit surprised by that.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #97 on: February 6, 2012, 11:01:48 pm »
Whats the betting we haven't seen the last of Lar. Surprising. 

Because of work commitments. He owns a bar doesn't he? Guaranteed he'll be back by September.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2012, 11:09:44 pm by KERRYKOP »

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 7, 2012, 10:22:05 am »
Yep bad news for Tipp if he doesn't come back.  Hopefully he will make a return before the championship kicks off.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 7, 2012, 11:17:08 am »
Rumour has it he's off to Australia.

Big loss for Tipp, he's a class act.

Offline Spirit_of_Istanbul

• 100ş Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #100 on: February 7, 2012, 12:47:54 pm »
Mullane gone now too.. You can never be sure when these lads say they are retiring though.. chances are they'll both be back in the summer.
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

Offline toomanysteves

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: February 7, 2012, 05:20:48 pm »

Football
Munster - Kerry
Leinster - Kildare
Connacht - Mayo
Ulster - Armagh

Armagh, sadly, have no more chance of making it to the end of september than big Ian. The golden years are well and truly over.
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #102 on: February 7, 2012, 05:55:08 pm »
Armagh, sadly, have no more chance of making it to the end of september than big Ian. The golden years are well and truly over.
There's a severe lack in quality in Ulster at the moment so I could have picked any of 4 our 5 teams. Went for Armagh because they're prone to winning Ulster titles.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #103 on: February 8, 2012, 03:33:16 am »
All Ireland champs 2012 on the tenth anniversary of 02. Nailed on.

All Hope aside, didnt fair too badly on sunday with loada debutants, where cork at full strength cos we were far from it
YNWA

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 9, 2012, 11:58:39 am »
Reading in the mirror this morning. Seamus Coleman tweeted his team of premier league footballers to win the All Ireland.

Given

Joey Barton      Phl Jagielka      Leighton Baines

Kyle Walker   Seamus Coleman    Scott Parker

Jack Rodwell     Phil Jones

Shane Long     Wayne Rooney     Damien Duff

Gareth Bale       Kevin Doyle       Theo Walcott

Hes having fun with the twitterati about it :)
« Last Edit: February 9, 2012, 12:00:42 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline toomanysteves

• Kopite
« Reply #105 on: February 9, 2012, 12:21:31 pm »
Reading in the mirror this morning. Seamus Coleman tweeted his team of premier league footballers to win the All Ireland.

Given

Joey Barton      Phl Jagielka      Leighton Baines

Kyle Walker   Seamus Coleman    Scott Parker

Jack Rodwell     Phil Jones

Shane Long     Wayne Rooney     Damien Duff

Gareth Bale       Kevin Doyle       Theo Walcott

Hes having fun with the twitterati about it :)

Crouch at full forward for me. The big greek at full back taking a Francie Bellew position.

Offline toomanysteves

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: February 9, 2012, 12:24:14 pm »
All Ireland champs 2012 on the tenth anniversary of 02. Nailed on.

All Hope aside, didnt fair too badly on sunday with loada debutants, where cork at full strength cos we were far from it

Until Cork had a player sent off Armagh were being hammered and still nearly blew it. As much as it pains me to say it Armagh have no quality apart from maybe 3 players. Think of the players who have gone and the players now intheir place. Honestly can you say they are even in the same league let alone "as good as"?

Down in Ulster for me. Couldn't give a monkeys about the other provinces. They are all muck savages.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #107 on: February 9, 2012, 12:54:32 pm »

;D great idea

Id stick Shane long at corner forward, he played there for Tipp also Hunt would do damage in the mixer at number 10, Skrtel at full back, throwing shnaky digs and pinching the fuck out of full forwards, Lucas at center back, he'd clean up a mountain of ball.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 9, 2012, 12:55:33 pm »
I'd have Bellamy in Left Corner Forward.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #109 on: February 9, 2012, 01:06:06 pm »
Ashley Cole corner back, Id say he'd be sticky as fuck, and prone to the odd surging run up the field and fisted point. He's not in the PL, but Philipp Lahm in the under corner, he looks and plays like a long lost O'Se brother

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #110 on: February 9, 2012, 01:15:44 pm »
Don't think the manager helps us TBF, surprised he survived in the summer.

The Non diving versions of Gerrard and drogba would be fantastic in the Orange and white
YNWA

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #111 on: February 9, 2012, 05:22:53 pm »
Any Tyronies on here? Uncommon for them not to be floating around somewhere, like dog shite they are...fucking everywhere!!
Trapps Army 2012

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #112 on: February 9, 2012, 06:12:21 pm »
No I don't think so, Iv never come across anyone from there on here, its is surprising it being quite a big county.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 9, 2012, 07:02:54 pm »
So.....following Colemans lead  :D 

Reina

Shawcross     Kompany        Baines

Richards         Skrtel           Enrique

Yaya Toure     Agger   

Sessegnon      Gerrard         Bale

Suarez            Yakubu          Dempsey

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 9, 2012, 07:08:17 pm »
Similar to Lawnmowerman's.

Reina

Rafael          Kompany          Baines

Richards          Skrtel            Enrique

Yaya           Agger

Silva             Gerrard           Bale

Suarez            RVP              Bellamy

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 9, 2012, 07:10:13 pm »
Dont think Silva could take the heat. That Rafael would be a right little c*nt though

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 9, 2012, 07:12:05 pm »
Dont think Silva could take the heat. That Rafael would be a right little c*nt though
Aye, Rafael would be a right little irritant.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #117 on: February 9, 2012, 07:36:38 pm »
Sean Kavanagh always reminded me of Stevie I could definitely see him in that role, easily interchangeable at midfield, half forward and full forward. Although his legs mightn't be able for it at this stage. Tim Cahill would be a great Paul Galvin type. Aggressive enough to win ball, but also could possess a little bit of magic to change a game. Zamora at 14 is a great shout by Coleman it must be said, finally he'll get something for lamping the ball over the bar.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #118 on: February 9, 2012, 10:09:58 pm »
What the fucks going on in here?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #119 on: February 9, 2012, 10:11:43 pm »
What the fucks going on in here?
Read the fuckin thing you daft twat