Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers is no longer Liverpool manager  (Read 150145 times)

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
Re: Brendan Rodgers is no longer Liverpool manager
« Reply #920 on: October 4, 2015, 08:49:25 pm »
All this fake sadness.  Bring on the new manager before I puke.

Absolutely. The amount of mourning in here for an unproven manager is totally over the top.
Didn't Rodgers say something along the lines of 'judge me after 3 seasons" ?

Well it's been 3 seasons now and he's been judged and been found well and truly wanting.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #921 on: October 4, 2015, 08:49:49 pm »
Ah, there it is. Not from the area? Can't have an opinion on the topic. Actually, I have been to Anfield. Jamie Carragher's last game against QPR. Went to The Albert before the match and everything! But you keep going on with your petty attacks.

The fact of the matter is- as much as the arl arses don't want to see it- the game has changed. The clutching to a time that hasn't been for decades, while commendable, is fruitless. Please, feel free to never change. But don't be shocked when the game does.
Went to The Albert before the match and everything!  ;D

Of course you can have an opinion, just don`t let it get to you when people don`t take kindly to the likes of yourself, sitting on the other side of the world telling people to move on and let go of traditions because you`ve been to one match and think you know the what`s best for the average Liverpool fan.

And yeah, I won`t change mate, it will never be a fruitless exercise to keep hold of what you grew up with and what you know.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: October 4, 2015, 08:50:28 pm »

Don't do that.

I know. Should have been a capital L on listen.

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Dickie_Mint

• Minty Dick
  • Kopite
  • Cesky Sen!
« Reply #923 on: October 4, 2015, 08:51:39 pm »
Not exactly a shock. He came, I genuinely believed he gave it his all, but ultimately he failed to deliver and now he's on his way with a whopping great pay off and more importantly "LFC manager" on his CV. For me the problems go deeper than the manager.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #924 on: October 4, 2015, 08:51:46 pm »
Absolutely. The amount of mourning in here for an unproven manager is totally over the top.
Didn't Rodgers say something along the lines of 'judge me after 3 seasons" ?

Well it's been 3 seasons now and he's been judged and been found well and truly wanting.
There's potential there, but like I said last week we won't be the team that realises it.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #925 on: October 4, 2015, 08:53:02 pm »
My lad is in a bar in town and everyone is singing Brendan's name. That's fucking class. I know many are pleased but its made me a bit emotional :)

Spot on.  Hope there is some footage of it because that's what sets us apart.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #926 on: October 4, 2015, 08:53:46 pm »
Time to revisit some of Brendan's best quotes! :)

Snide.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: October 4, 2015, 08:53:59 pm »

It's a tiny minority, if at all, that didn't buy into the idea of this young, progressive manager coming in and building a real dynasty. I certainly did. But he has not built on any of the promise, THATS the only issue here.

It's not naff all with patience. It's not naff all about being 'Sky Generation' (whatever the fuck that even means). I remember people calling for Ged to go, and it was the right thing. Rodgers has had ample opportunity to show a semblance of wanting to rebuild what nearly won us the league, and he's made no effort to. If there was progression, if there were positive signs then I'd fully agree with you.

On one breath you would happily highlight 300m spent on players (some considerable effort), but in the next say no effort has been made? Surely this is a double standard? Not saying BR was without blame, but our failings in the two seasons following 2013-14 are due to systematic problems at the club and not just individuals here and there. It wasn't simply down to losing Suarez or Sturridge or Sterling or Gerrard. It wasn't simply down to the Pascoe/Marsh. It wasn't simply down to the transfers we made. But the combination of these factors is the perfect storm. We can sack the manager or various individual staff members, but unless we address all of the above things simultaneously (not all of which were due to the manager alone) then we'll not see any appreciable change and more than likely will be in the same position in a few years time.

But there aren't, and there haven't been for the best part of a year. We've become utterly reliant on two or three players to provide something in attack. Theres been no real game plan.

We've been reliant on 2-3 players for much longer than he's been around. This is what happens when you have class players who you keep letting go. Before SASAS it was Kuyt, Gerrard and Suarez, and before that it was Torres and Gerrard, and before that it was... you get the picture.

Terrible defending has been rife in all four seasons, how can you justify keeping a manager who shows absolutely no sign of being able to organise a defence....? And the type of football he wants to play has changed every season.

The players you have at your disposal determine your style of play, not the other way around - look at any team. There's a reason Barca play the way they do, and Stoke play the way they do (perhaps not anymore, but you know what I mean).

If you can't get in the players you need for the style that you want to play, then what are you supposed to do? Most people would be pragmatic about it, get in the best players they could and adapt their style of play. That's what we tried to do.

We've leaked soft goals through all 4 seasons. There's no contesting that point. The type of goals we concede aren't necessarily due to our lack of organisation defensively - some obviously are but there are also a lot of individual errors. You might fault our recruitment but don't we have a committee to recruit players? Surely they should all shoulder the blame when it goes wrong?

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: October 4, 2015, 08:54:20 pm »

Eh giveandgo, why don't you give up and fuck off?
Macca resplendent!

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Rodgers sacked
« Reply #929 on: October 4, 2015, 08:54:32 pm »
Advocaat resigns the same day. COINCIDENCE?

I think not...
You mean Rodgers to Sunderland and Borini fucked again?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #930 on: October 4, 2015, 08:54:33 pm »
Your not doing yourself any favours by using the owl as a reference. The owl was a snidey twat who said many things in the media which upset the fans from day one. It wouldn`t be hard to find those quotes, have a look around and educate yourself.

Ged, Rafa, Kenny and Brendan were always very respectful to us, the odd one out was the owl and his 35 years experience.

It really isn't double standards. Hodgson was hired by people who had nothing to do with the club.
He never felt like a Liverpool manager and made no attempt to really understand the job or the fans from day one.
Whatever you think about Rodgers, at least he stepped up to the task and all it involved, and for one season at least, had us all buzzing as a fanbase. It's not even comparable to Hodge.

So now we quantify our support for the manager of Liverpool based on who hired him?

I despised him, I truly did. And god yeah, out of the two (Hodgson/Rodgers), it isn't even close. (That being said, I'd take the Anfield Cat as manager over Hodsgon.) But for those expousing tradition and support and stability, there is more than a bit of hypocrisy in saying, "Yeah, but Hodgson's different."

(edited for some odd quoting issue.)
« Last Edit: October 4, 2015, 09:05:01 pm by coolbyrne »
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: October 4, 2015, 08:54:44 pm »
Bit gutted to be honest. Hadn't joined the 'sack him' chorus though admittedly he was running close to the line, but I was still very fond of him, and all the shithouse digs about his teeth, the portrait, the 'renting off Gerrard so he can't drop him', etc. etc. just made me root for him more as it was nonsense,

But on the pitch, it just wasn't happening, for whatever reason or combination of reasons. And as the boss, he pays the price. Seems a little silly for the owners to have backed him so heavily in the summer and then done a U-turn in the last week or so, but that's what happens in business I guess.

I just hope whoever the new manager turns out to be is A) good and B) gets the full backing of the supporters, no doubt he will if he's seen as the right choice. the wrong choice? Doesn't bear thinking about, and could be worse than keeping Brendan would have been.

Good luck to the Brodge, he gave us some orgasmic moments in 2013/4, I wish he had got us that league title. All the best BR, you're welcome round mine for a brew any time.

Onwards and hopefully upwards I guess.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: October 4, 2015, 08:55:02 pm »

tosser

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #933 on: October 4, 2015, 08:55:26 pm »
how long would you have stuck with Rodgers for, if the results and form stayed the same?

From what I can tell, you wouldn't have ever given up on him as that would be against The Liverpool Way, and breaking continuity and stability. The result could have been that we ended up being stable and being continually average. The fllipside is we acknowledge we got the wrong man in charge and give someone else who has proven to be better (if it is klopp or carlo) a chance to show that they can take us forward.

That's just bollocks and you know it. This isn't about sacking a manager who looks to be failing, this is a succession of managers who have failed during FSGs time, and since 91 when Kenny had to call it quits.

Where does the faults lie? If it is simply the manager then great lets change him. If the problems are also higher up than the most we will get is what he got between 2004-2010, a fantastic manager who gave us 6 great years who could've done so much more if he didn't have to work under such buffoons.

How will Klopp/Carlo fix things long term if Ayre is still trying to buy players with the help of some other idiots on the panel? Maybe they will give you babies a short term cup to wank over then we will be back to square one. All these guys on here want long term success, they've seen how its achieved and this isn't the way.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: October 4, 2015, 08:55:33 pm »

that's the kind of post a massive massive c*nt would make. Are you one?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #935 on: October 4, 2015, 08:55:37 pm »
The man has looked broken for the past couple of months, the pressure of the job along with the personal problems have probably made it too much for him. He's a top coach and will be successful somewhere else, hopefully abroad. Best of luck BR.

Ancelotti is my first choice, but will be happy with Klopp.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #936 on: October 4, 2015, 08:56:24 pm »
My lad is in a bar in town and everyone is singing Brendan's name. That's fucking class. I know many are pleased but its made me a bit emotional :)

That's good to hear. We all knew it was coming but it's very sad

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: October 4, 2015, 08:56:37 pm »
I'm wondering why support for a manager is quantified by who hired him and how he acted. Do we not su
So now we quantify our support for the manager of Liverpool based on who hired him?

I despised him, I truly did. And god yeah, out of the two (Hodgson/Rodgers), it isn't even close. (That being said, I'd take the Anfield Cat as manager over Hodsgon.) But for those expousing tradition and support and stability, there is more than a bit of hypocrisy in saying, "Yeah, but Hodgson's different."

Give it a fucking rest for fucks sake.
Macca resplendent!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #938 on: October 4, 2015, 08:56:38 pm »

Coolbyrne loathes this  :puke2
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #939 on: October 4, 2015, 08:56:59 pm »
My thoughts:
Rodgers had one wonderful season and one dreadful. He was given the chance in the summer to rebuild on and off the pitch and should have been given time with his best possible team on the pitch (Sturridge especially) for a reasonable period of time, we have had a win and a good away draw in the two games Sturridge has played already. He was dealt a bad hand with sales and injuries and having to work with a risky transfer policy was always going to need a large slice of luck to succeed.
On the flip side, we have been dreadful for a while, he has lost confidence in himself and his vision for how we should play, his decisions have been at best confused, at worst baffling and he desperately needed the team to start well and they didn't.

Could he have got us in the top four this season? I believe so although that would be dependent on one man staying fit and that's not good enough. He has been sacked 14 months after being named manager of the year. Modern football is fucked up.

It's also important to note that a new manager is not going to be the answer for the club. The ownership and the vision and direction they have for the club is much more important and I seriously have issue with how this is happening with the current incumbents. They are happy to operate by reducing wages, selling our most valuable players and trying to make us as viable a commercial commodity as is possible instead of making us as successful on the pitch as they possible can. This is their main aim which is not surprising as they are in fact investment bankers lest we forget but until this changes we will continue staggering in this blind maze falling further and further behind those who are in it to win it.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: October 4, 2015, 08:57:26 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/egmPS8tXgXw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/egmPS8tXgXw</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UpH-ZblyR2g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UpH-ZblyR2g</a>

Yeah, hard to argue with that.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #941 on: October 4, 2015, 08:57:54 pm »
Decent guy and a good manager, unfortunately not good enough for LFC.

We move on......

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: October 4, 2015, 08:58:43 pm »
that's the kind of post a massive massive c*nt would make. Are you one?

No fucking rhetorical questions in this thread Sam. Yes, they are clearly a massive c*nt.
Macca resplendent!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: October 4, 2015, 08:59:04 pm »
Absolutely mate.

Those days are gone now and we're not going to get them back - it's the way of the game that hardly any club has a manager stick around longer than a half a decade or so, even the most successful ones. It doesn't mean sacking a manager willy nilly is the right thing to do but nor is keeping someone if the only reason is the Liverpool Way and showing patience just because. Of course, it's different for different people (as shown by the sackings of Rafa and Hodgson) but some of the concerns about this are a little over the top IMO. I do think whoever we have as manager from hereon in (I've thought that since Kenny got sacked) won't stay more than a few years because of the nature of the game and maybe a few years ago I thought that was a bad thing but I'm not so sure anymore. Don't get me wrong, even though I had grave concerns about Rodgers this season I wasn't advocating for him to get sacked and some of the criticism he's had has been way over the top but it's not a huge shock he's been sacked either. If anything, sacking Rodgers after the 6-1 defeat at Stoke would have been more a reactive decision but we had the summer and the start of this season to turn things around. Whatever criticism people have of FSG - and although I'm not on the evil Yanks bandwagon, I have some too - I don't think this decision can be classed as kneejerk one.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: October 4, 2015, 08:59:50 pm »
Pretty shitty way for them to do it - decision clearly made a while back and waiting for the international break, giving him the news about 20 minutes after the derby. Regardless of whether it's the right decision, FSG clearly have a way to do their business (as with Kenny)...

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
« Reply #945 on: October 4, 2015, 09:00:02 pm »
But for those expousing tradition and support and stability, there is more than a bit of hypocrisy in saying, "mYeah, but Hodgson's different."

So true.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: October 4, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »
At the end of the day he tried his absolute best. Unfortunately it just wasn't quite good enough. Can't fault a man for trying as any one of us that had been given the golden ticket would've accepted the job.

Hope he gets another go at a smaller club where expectations aren't relentless

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: October 4, 2015, 09:00:30 pm »
Anyone thinking it 'funny' making snide comments about someone who nearly won us the league is welcome to support other clubs on other sites. Remember Erasure.

(A little respect philistines)
Yep.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #948 on: October 4, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »
Only if he's on a zimmer frame and got emphysema. Don't wanna take any fucking chances like  ;D

well i am nearly at this stage should i be scared?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #949 on: October 4, 2015, 09:00:53 pm »
Thought he deserved more time personally

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: October 4, 2015, 09:01:05 pm »
Mate mine just come through arrivals in JL airport Brendan was going through VIP departure door with 2 others one female wow was getting the elbow at 6 30 then off he goes
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: October 4, 2015, 09:01:52 pm »

What alehouse is he in John? I want to go down with my print off of Brendan's "1 win in 18 away matches against the top 8" to see what sort of reception I'll get.
Macca resplendent!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #952 on: October 4, 2015, 09:02:09 pm »
how long would you have stuck with Rodgers for, if the results and form stayed the same?

From what I can tell, you wouldn't have ever given up on him as that would be against The Liverpool Way, and breaking continuity and stability. The result could have been that we ended up being stable and being continually average. The fllipside is we acknowledge we got the wrong man in charge and give someone else who has proven to be better (if it is klopp or carlo) a chance to show that they can take us forward.

How the fuck will we ever know if the results and form would have stayed the same? Better you agree with what other posters post rather than posting your own dirge.....you're good at that  :lickin
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: October 4, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »
But it's already crashed and burned. That IS the football culture of today. It's shit, my friend, I don't deny it. But that's how it is. The next manager on the list of longest in the position has had the job for just over 2 years. Two years! Out of 20 teams. It's fucking mind-boggling! The money is so ridiculous that I can't even imagine what it looks like. (How big would the denomination have to be for me to hold £50 million in my hand?) I'm shell-shocked by most of it, I really am. And in a way, I commend those who refuse to accept this is how football has to be. Maybe I've just given up. The fight is gone and all I can do now is support whatever decision some huge conglomerate makes for the team. But make no mistake- the game has crashed and burned.

I'll clarify what I mean by when it's crashed and burned: when nobody's going to matches because the prices are beyond ridiculous and there's fuck all left to do but start over.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: October 4, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »
Also - fucking hilarious to hear Souness saying he should never have been Liverpool manager.

In my lifetime there have been two people who should never have been near the Liverpool job. One is obviously Hodgson, the other is a smug, arrogant prick who sold his story to the S*n and fucked the club for a generation (and I don't really give a shit that he was one of our greatest players).

Must be Klopp surely anyway? Anyone reckon FSG have pushed it forward as they're nervy about Mourinho getting the push??

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: October 4, 2015, 09:02:27 pm »
Pretty shitty way for them to do it - decision clearly made a while back and waiting for the international break, giving him the news about 20 minutes after the derby. Regardless of whether it's the right decision, FSG clearly have a way to do their business (as with Kenny)...

Should have waited, agree. Until tomorrow. But could be that the news was leaked by someone.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: October 4, 2015, 09:02:46 pm »
That's just bollocks and you know it. This isn't about sacking a manager who looks to be failing, this is a succession of managers who have failed during FSGs time, and since 91 when Kenny had to call it quits.

Where does the faults lie? If it is simply the manager then great lets change him. If the problems are also higher up than the most we will get is what he got between 2004-2010, a fantastic manager who gave us 6 great years who could've done so much more if he didn't have to work under such buffoons.

How will Klopp/Carlo fix things long term if Ayre is still trying to buy players with the help of some other idiots on the panel? Maybe they will give you babies a short term cup to wank over then we will be back to square one. All these guys on here want long term success, they've seen how its achieved and this isn't the way.
I don't see what's bollocks. What I will say is there isn't one single problem, but Rodgers came to be one of them, and as manager of the squad that's a pretty big one.

On the point about a succession of manager's failing under FSG ... 2. There has been 2. Unless you count Hodgson which would be pointless.

And I don't think you can compare Klopp working here being similar to working under H&G. They are simply so far apart. I agree though, the process of buying players with Ayre having a say has to change and is the other part of the problem, however, Rodgers did have a hand in that too. I think he had his chance to build a squad with the money he got and some say in transfers and with the squad he didn't to well enough.

Things would have been better if we had a better system in place no doubt. Hopefully along with Rodgers, that changes to.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #957 on: October 4, 2015, 09:03:27 pm »
Went to The Albert before the match and everything!  ;D

Of course you can have an opinion, just don`t let it get to you when people don`t take kindly to the likes of yourself, sitting on the other side of the world telling people to move on and let go of traditions because you`ve been to one match and think you know the what`s best for the average Liverpool fan.

And yeah, I won`t change mate, it will never be a fruitless exercise to keep hold of what you grew up with and what you know.

The bolded was sarcasm; thought the exclamation point made that obvious. Sorry I wasn't clearer. I would never tell people what's best for a fan. Again, bit of a strawman argument there. Beliefs are personal and deeply rooted. What I'm trying to say (and obviously not very well) is, what a genuine fan wants from the game these days, and what the game offers will never be the same. One time, they were. As I said in another post, maybe it's just because I'm tired of fighting the tide of change. (Been a fan for 14 years- I know that doesn't seem like much to some.) Nothing surprises me nor shocks me about the game anymore.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: October 4, 2015, 09:06:09 pm »
The amount of shithousery on Twitter is depressing, slagging his teeth, tan etc, not one of them thanking him for the best football I've seen a Liverpool team play, thanks Brendan, you'll always be one of us mate, hope you have better luck in your next job.

YNWA.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #959 on: October 4, 2015, 09:06:15 pm »
I missed the match today....

My son was playing his first ever match for the local team...

Just seven, he ran around and tackled anything with a ball, their players, his players... Anything....

He had a great time, and he was so tired that he missed the news because he went to bed early

Anyway, I looked at the coaches and realised what a thankless task they have, if they do well, it's great players, if they do badly it's because they're shite....

Rodgers is a great coach.... Whether he's a great manger will be decided in the fullness of time.

But I will remember today for positive reasons, and I will remember his tenure for positive reasons...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W